Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Liverpool

Jump to newest

By *i 1 Get 1 Free OP   Couple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

We're considering spending a few days in Liverpool, anyone familiar with the location of “The Liner Hotel”?

Is the hotel within walking distance of the City Centre, i.e. close enough for shopping / clubs / bars etc., etc.,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Bloody hell, am i imagining things? Where did you spring from

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Yeah I think it is just behind Lime street and Lime street is close to bars, shops, nightclubs etc....nothing is probably more than a ten minute walk.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

PS I meant there are lots of what you want inbetween where you are staying and the furthest point....ie Albert Dock where it is best not to carry on walking or you might get wet

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"We're considering spending a few days in Liverpool, anyone familiar with the location of “The Liner Hotel”?

Is the hotel within walking distance of the City Centre, i.e. close enough for shopping / clubs / bars etc., etc., "

It backs onto Lime Street Station so depending where your room is you may get some train noise. Depending how much your paying for the package and what your budget is, there are better hotels to stay at in Liverpool.

The city centre is probably 5 minutes walk away from the hotel, and Liverpool One which is the heart of the city centre 10 minutes walk at most.

Concert Square is behind Central station, maybe 5 minutes walk from your hotel and Mattehew street which is where us golden oldies congregate is maybe 10 to 15 minutes walk away.

bars and Clubs etc are all over the place but the 2 main night life areas are Concert Square and Matthew Street with Albert Dock putting up a good shout with Baby Blue amongst others.

Plenty of restuarants from your chains like Pizza Hut etc to shopisticated and nice places like The Panoramic and The Living Rooms.

Your also close to all the museums and art gallaries if you like that sort of thing, if the suns out take a stroll at Pier Head by the Canal and walk along the waterfront. If you have time go on the Yello Duckmobile at Albert Dock, it's a fun experience, plus if you like The Beatles theres a museum at Albert Dock too and the Museum of Liverpool Life. You can even go up Radio City tower, contact the radio station for tickets or sail on The Mersey Ferry.

One word of warning if you haven't already booked the hotel, hotel prices are more expensive in the city when Liverpool play at home due to many rooms being booked by travelling supporters

Have fun, I'm sure you'll love your stay in our great city.

over a year ago

birmingham

Thanks for all the advice, having a driver free break, so arriving by train at Lime Street, one reason why we chose the hotel.

over a year ago

birmingham

"Bloody hell, am i imagining things? Where did you spring from"

Shush We’re in disguise

Post new Message to Thread