Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you believe

Jump to newest

By *rincess peach OP   Woman
over a year ago

shits creek

In the spirit/soul?

Do you think we're here to learn lessons and it's a temporary human experience?

I've been listening to stuff about near death experiences which have loads in common. Have been profoundly life changing for almost all of them.

There have been young children recalling "memories" that parents thought were no more than imagination until they investigated further and found exactly what their child was talking about, even having these young uns pic people out of a group of photos that they have never seen before with absolute certainty and been correct, including giving names.

Fascinating to me and yes.... I believe.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I'm not sure I believe personally but a colleague says she can 'feel' spirits and atmospheres especially at work as we work in an old prison where people were hung/hanged and I find it really interesting (but not at night when I'm walking the wings alone)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes I believe the soul lives on and learns lessons each time we’re born

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I believe there's something *more* than what is known but what that something is I'm not quite sure.

It's a known fact that there's a very small percentage of the brain that is actually used and/or understood, so it kind of makes sense to me that there must be other layers to it that potentially influence our thinking - now appreciate that's more science than supernatural/spirit related but it's also possible there's some kind of tie in we don't know/understand too.

I certainly think there have been enough individual and separate cases of experiences people have had that vary from simple deja vu to outer body experiences and more to suggest there is *something* to it all - I just don't know what that something is.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I believe

By *adInLiverpoolMan
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"In the spirit/soul?

I've been listening to stuff about near death experiences which have loads in common. Have been profoundly life changing for almost all of them.

There have been young children recalling "memories" that parents thought were no more than imagination until they investigated further and found exactly what their child was talking about, even having these young uns pic people out of a group of photos that they have never seen before with absolute certainty and been correct, including giving names.

"

I died and had an outer body experience were I fucked a girl that looked like you, I think this is the spirits telling us we should do it for real

By *rincess peach OP   Woman
over a year ago

shits creek

There's a programme on prime called "ghost inside my child" that is a good watch if you're interested in the soul. It's not nasty or scary, it's heartwarming, intriguing and just bloody intriguing. It's about things they remember but should have zero knowledge of. Even details down to models of plane, other languages etc from children who aren't even school age.

over a year ago

When I was recovering from cancer when I was 20, felt depressed and suddenly saw the face of my grandad who had died in 1986 on the stairs. The face became bigger and bigger until I came to and felt full of joy and serene. Never felt such positivity in my life.

When I was 23 had a vivid dream that I was in a circle and the only two people I could see was my dad who is still alive and my great grandma who had died years before. I told my grandma I don’t how to tell her this but she’s dead. She looked straight at me and all of a sudden multiple voices entered my head at once saying one message saying ‘you know what you have to do’. I woke up with my heart beating very fast. I looked at my alarm clock, it was 3 am. It took me a while to get back to sleep. This is why I have spiritual beliefs and have a respect for the supernatural.

over a year ago

Heal me peach!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Heal me peach! "

No

over a year ago

"In the spirit/soul?

"

yes there is definitely an inexplicable life force that is beyond our comprehension, connecting us to all life. its incredible and wonderful

over a year ago

"Heal me peach!

No"

Push it in sweetheart

over a year ago

We are all ghosts, piloting skeletons covered in meat, all made from stardust.

Don't know where I first heard that, but it's accurate.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Heal me peach!

No

Push it in sweetheart "

Next year

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Nope. And I don't think I have the functional mental capacity to believe. Religion, Ghosts, Psychic BS... I couldn't begin to believe if it I tried, my brain is just incapable of it. Science please.

over a year ago

The angels on my shoulders tell me to believe in them....

over a year ago

No. There's no evidence to suggest anything like a soul exists.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

No I don't, but I think a part of our brain likes to think there is. And to me that doesn't it less or more real to those who believe. If it brings people comfort from those they love I'm all for it.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

I think it's wishful thinking. It's a nice thought but, as a previous poster says, there is no real evidence to suggest it's true. Derren Brown has made a career out of disproving it

over a year ago

Birmingham

"No. There's no evidence to suggest anything like a soul exists."

Yes quite. I can be such a twat about it, I have been known to correct my daughter when she says "Bless you" when someone sneezes!

over a year ago

Birmingham

"I think it's wishful thinking. It's a nice thought but, as a previous poster says, there is no real evidence to suggest it's true. Derren Brown has made a career out of disproving it"

These things go tend to be easy, comforting answers to justify unpleasant things / things we just don't understand yet through science. Yet.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I believe in many unexplainable things - memories that are not my own; healing (and illness) through the power of the mind; gut 'brain'; soul vibes...

We're made of energy and matter, neither of which can be used up, they just go somewhere else.

Science is limited by the capacity of one's thoughts - and is a long way from explaining old truths and many universal mysteries.

Some things can't even be put in to words; they're just how it is.

C

over a year ago

Yes I absolutely believe, that we return, to learn the lessons we didn’t learn, and that they keep being repeated, until we do

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm a spiritual person although that isn't obvious from my posts on here .

My personal belief is that spirit/soul and self are the same thing and that everything comes from within our "self". Our perception of god, our belief and perception of supernatural phenomena, all that stuff. The bit in the bible about god making man in his own image is the wrong way round.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Yes I absolutely believe, that we return, to learn the lessons we didn’t learn, and that they keep being repeated, until we do "

History Repeating - Propellerheads feat: Miss Shirley Bassey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzLT6_TQmq8

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

The problem with the words spirit or soul is that people mean so many different things when they say them.

I am comfortable using those terms but I have no idea whether there is part of us that lives on after death (except memetically in the memories of others). I find near death experiences interesting but they can often be explained as a natural process of the brain shutting down. I’m yet to hear any that are conclusive.

I guess we will find out one day, or not!

over a year ago

Is it just me that sang this thread title on auto tune like Cher?

over a year ago

I think it would be supremely arrogant to discount it, since the older I get the less I seem to know!

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yes. I get de ja vu, I've had premonitions in dreams, I just know when something is going to happen. I've had signs from spirit.

I've had people come back into my life numerous times until unfinished business is resolved, or for a lesson to be learnt.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think we notice connections but fail to understand that there are many more instances where no connection is ever made. Learning from interactions with people and experiences in life are the actions of emotionally intelligent people, I'm not sure they're evidence of anything spiritual

over a year ago

Without spirit you might not get out of bed in the morning...the ignition.

The soul wrestles with that particular day...those decisions.

The body is one weak motherfucker that needs fuel...provision.

The whole makes up you...the independent!?

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"

Without spirit you might not get out of bed in the morning...the ignition

"

A bottle of whiskey for breakfast would do the trick

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"No. There's no evidence to suggest anything like a soul exists."

If there was evidence , by definition it wouldn’t be supernatural, it would be science, it would be like electricity or gravity.

If you only believe in things which there is scientific evidence for , you must be prepared to constantly change your belief system because science doesn’t ever stay still it constantly disproves things and comes to new understandings

My soul doesn’t require your evidence to exist

over a year ago

"

A bottle of whiskey for breakfast would do the trick"

But you have to wake up first!

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"No. There's no evidence to suggest anything like a soul exists.

If there was evidence , by definition it wouldn’t be supernatural, it would be science, it would be like electricity or gravity.

If you only believe in things which there is scientific evidence for , you must be prepared to constantly change your belief system because science doesn’t ever stay still it constantly disproves things and comes to new understandings

My soul doesn’t require your evidence to exist

"

I agree with most of what you say but why choose a theory that there is no proof for to believe in. Why not just say "possibly, possibly not"? That would be keeping an open mind

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

On Cornflakes or Weetabix?

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"

With a bad liver

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"

A bottle of whiskey for breakfast would do the trick

On Cornflakes or Weetabix? "

Rice Crispies. Vodka goes over Weetabix. Everyone knows that

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

No spirit, no soul, no purpose.

Get your fucking in before you drop dead.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes and I believe in reincarnation

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

"I think it would be supremely arrogant to discount it, since the older I get the less I seem to know!

"

Yes, I agree. Particularly when those discounting it use science as their reasoning.

Science is about learning more about the unknown. Before we had microscopes bacteria "did not exist". Obviously they did, but we could not see or imagine them.

Possibly the thing that makes us who we are is a similar case. Once we have the tools to identify it, we can go on to understand it...

...or not!

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

In both Ancient Greek and Hebrew the world for Spirit is the same word as breath. So, if you are breathing you have a spirit. It’s the life force in us.

My understanding of the word soul is more akin to individual personalities. For example, when a ship goes down with 100 souls on board. That’s just saying 100 individual people.

over a year ago

If true, there would be an abundance of evidence to support, as it stands there is zero evidence. When youre dead, youre dead

Post new Message to Thread