London

I have seen all manner of profiles while I've been a patron of Fab:

Simple to the point

Funny ones

Ranty ones

Descriptive ones

Monologues

War& Peace novellas

I just saw one that said 'not interested if I don't see anything in your profile WORTH WHILE'.

That got me thinking - how does anyone decide what they put in their profile is worth while as everyone has different expectations.

What would be yours when looking at a profile....?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I look for signs of intelligence and creativity. My current profile is just a place holder.

By *ogueAngelMan
over a year ago

Near Bath / Bristol

I try to show that I'm suave, intelligent, sexy, sophisticated, and debonair. Or at least I will when I work out how, for now my profile as it is will have to do.

By *izzy69 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I look for signs of intelligence and creativity. My current profile is just a place holder. "

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Somebody needs to show:

1. They can hold a conversation.

2. They have a crackin' pair of norks.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Conversation

Humour

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Everyone is different. I’m not on here to pander to people’s expectations, just here for fun.

over a year ago

One which will make me laugh, cry and question the philosophy I base my life on.

over a year ago

I look for similar interests

over a year ago

We look at profiles to be similar to ours. We hope ours represents us accurately as a couple and gives a reasonable description of what we're looking for. PDx

By *ixedDevilMan
over a year ago

Bootyville

Simple to the point. Variety of pics and a good vibe overall

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I like ones that aren't just one line or "fill this in later"

over a year ago

"Simple to the point. Variety of pics and a good vibe overall "

Yep this

By *izzy69 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I look for similar interests "

Same with me. Then I look at what they're looking for and then the pics right at the end if they haven't come across as dickheads in their profile, lol.

over a year ago

I possibly go about profiles in a backwards way. I first look to see if there is a detail that makes me say nope at them. That happens a lot.

Outside of that I don't have anything specific I look for. I either like the profile or I don't. I'll message if I do or hotlist them.

I generally like a well written profile with a set of pics that show everything and not just the same thing 100 times. The more detail on who they are in the bio the better. And I love a bit of humour in a bio.

By *izzy69 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Simple to the point. Variety of pics and a good vibe overall "

I don't really care what vibe she might be usi...OH I misunderstood what you meant

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

It's not that difficult, for me they have put some effort into their profile and made it interesting and they have some nice photos.

over a year ago

I just look for intelligence, thoughtfulness and a little humour ... none of which mine has

over a year ago

Something to grab my attention. Could be visually as a profile pic or header or something funny, sarcastic, wise in text but genuinely unique

Profiles are easy though, it's the follow-up and living the talk that counts

By *izzy69 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Something to grab my attention. Could be visually as a profile pic or header or something funny, sarcastic, wise in text but genuinely unique

Profiles are easy though, it's the follow-up and living the talk that counts "

By *izzy69 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"One which will make me laugh, cry and question the philosophy I base my life on."

Ah sounds like mine. And that's the photos alone - they'll certainly make you laugh until you cry.

By *izzy69 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I possibly go about profiles in a backwards way. I first look to see if there is a detail that makes me say nope at them. That happens a lot.

Outside of that I don't have anything specific I look for. I either like the profile or I don't. I'll message if I do or hotlist them.

I generally like a well written profile with a set of pics that show everything and not just the same thing 100 times. The more detail on who they are in the bio the better. And I love a bit of humour in a bio. "

Well then my profile might be right up your street (except the photos. They're not my best work, lol)

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I like to read something that tells me a bit about the people and what they'd like from a meet.

There are all sorts of clues too in what else is written or not written!

After that, it'a scroll through the photos to see if I find them attractive and they do the things that appeal to me.

If there are veris and friends lists, I might have a browse through them as a way of checking the veracity of the account.

Last but not least, where they are!

By *ixedDevilMan
over a year ago

Bootyville

"Simple to the point. Variety of pics and a good vibe overall

I don't really care what vibe she might be usi...OH I misunderstood what you meant "

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Thing is, one person's "worth while" will be another's "not worthy" so it's pointless trying to fit to other people's expectations and far better to be true to yourself and put what you consider to be worth while, whilst accepting that some will be drawn to you and others won't.

Of course there are some generic pitfalls to avoid like one liners or offensive statements but at a more granular level it has to come from the individual and reflect them.

Personally my approach to Fab has always meant that I don't often read profiles of others until after I've already had a level of interaction with them via the forums and unless there was something really off-putting in one they're unlikely to have a great deal of influence either way.

over a year ago

Anyone want to check out my profile and give me any pointers x

over a year ago

I like a witty profile, something that makes me smile x

By *y pleasure.Man
over a year ago

Walsall

I've been told my profile is to long and not exciting. My profile is to give a small picture of me and my likes and dislikes. We are all are different and we will all see profiles in a different light. Those who don't enjoy my profile won't enjoy me!

over a year ago

I try to message profiles that don’t come across stuck up and appealing to my interests.

I tried hard to work on my profile but I’ve yet to crack the secret formula that gets replies that one day might lead to a meeting.

By *lueEyesEnigmaMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"I just look for intelligence, thoughtfulness and a little humour ... none of which mine has "

As above 'I just look for intelligence, thoughtfulness and a little humour'

Post new Message to Thread