Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gym Rant

Jump to newest

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

midlands

All you thickos that dont put the dumbells and equipment back in the right place stay off the steriods as they are affecting your brain.

Him

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I count the time walking about the gym looking for dumbbells as cardio.

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

It wasn’t me

By *eigh guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

My ocd has to put em back in order

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"My ocd has to put em back in order "

That's not OCD that's just tidiness. The lady that owns the gym I go to makes us all put them back with the heads (wolves I think) the right way up.

over a year ago

It wasnt me!

When I asked the male pt wouldnt even show me that section!!

over a year ago

evesham

"It wasnt me!

When I asked the male pt wouldnt even show me that section!!"

Is that true

over a year ago

"All you thickos that dont put the dumbells and equipment back in the right place stay off the steriods as they are affecting your brain.

Him"

Don't get me started. It fcuks me off right and royally when people don't re-rack their weights. There's now the added dimension that they need to antibac the equipment after use, and some lazy pr!ck5 seem to find it beneath their dignity to do this!

Speech over.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

While we're at it a) wiping down equipment isn't just paper towel, the spray next to it isn't decorative, and b) the paper towel goes in the bin you mingers

over a year ago

Tidying the gym before I start my workout is my warm up!!

over a year ago

"While we're at it a) wiping down equipment isn't just paper towel, the spray next to it isn't decorative, and b) the paper towel goes in the bin you mingers"

Couldn't agree more!!

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

This irritates me too! Especially when the weights they have left on are too heavy for me to carry. My instructor says it's always the men that do it. The women tidy up after themselves

Kx

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Leaving your towel on or by a machine and some clown jumping in while you go and top your water up.

People who use about 36 dumbbells at the same time (are you starting a collection?)

People who spend about 3 hrs on 1 machine.

over a year ago

Yeah where do the machine 5kg weights go

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Not sure which gym you're going to but it more likely to be to 1 hit wonder's but everyone making the effort to get to the gym are fantastic .

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

And re-rack your goddamn plates! I don't want to take off 4 lots of 25kg plates on the leg press machine that you used for 2 half reps you utter knobend

By *rednwilma1Couple
over a year ago

york

Sorry, won't do it again

over a year ago

It does my head in too.

Especially when someone puts them back in the wrong order!

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I was there yesterday and 3 men were huddled around the chest press, loaded with 100kg each side.

1 guy pressing, another stood in front of him pulling and a 3rd yelling 'come on you got this'.

1st guy jumps off celebrating 1 rep max. I'm like dude you pushed half that, your mate pulled the rest of it.

over a year ago

midlands

Thank god its not just me then lol

So many thickos and considering its a gym how lazy they are to put things away or in its rightful place...6kg dumbells do not go in the 10kg space etc you knob.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"And re-rack your goddamn plates! I don't want to take off 4 lots of 25kg plates on the leg press machine that you used for 2 half reps you utter knobend "

The ones who actually slam the weights down on the floor are the Best

over a year ago

evesham

"Thank god its not just me then lol

So many thickos and considering its a gym how lazy they are to put things away or in its rightful place...6kg dumbells do not go in the 10kg space etc you knob. "

you seem very aggy.... Maybe you need to go to the gym to work your stress out

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"And re-rack your goddamn plates! I don't want to take off 4 lots of 25kg plates on the leg press machine that you used for 2 half reps you utter knobend

The ones who actually slam the weights down on the floor are the Best"

Slam... Count one two three... Sound like a wounded wildebeest... Looks around for admiration.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

So many thickos and considering its a gym how lazy they are to put things away or in its rightful place...6kg dumbells do not go in the 10kg space etc you knob. "

No one at the gym is lazy they have made the effort to go this is a first world problem everyone need to get over it.

over a year ago

midlands

So many thickos and considering its a gym how lazy they are to put things away or in its rightful place...6kg dumbells do not go in the 10kg space etc you knob.

you seem very aggy.... Maybe you need to go to the gym to work your stress out "

Lol

I just go to eye up the ladies x

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"And re-rack your goddamn plates! I don't want to take off 4 lots of 25kg plates on the leg press machine that you used for 2 half reps you utter knobend

Slam... Count one two three... Sound like a wounded wildebeest... Looks around for admiration.

"

Boss

I remember these 2 lads shouting incomprehensible slogans at each other

over a year ago

I dont rant about much in the gym other than people tidying up and putting weights back and those who have 3 bits of kit on the go doing some weird superset, I usually just steal the piece of kit I want

I probably feature on most peoples rant lists though

Wheres all the 20kg plates? ahh MrMonkey has 12-14 doing deadlifts or 20 + on the leg press. Someone actually got the manager once saying I had too many of them

Yes I use one squat rack for 90 minutes, if you want to join in you're welcome but you train at my pace and the same exercises

Yes I make noise, dont like it, tough

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I dont rant about much in the gym other than people tidying up and putting weights back and those who have 3 bits of kit on the go doing some weird superset, I usually just steal the piece of kit I want

Wheres all the 20kg plates? ahh MrMonkey has 12-14 doing deadlifts or 20 + on the leg press. Someone actually got the manager once saying I had too many of them

Yes I use one squat rack for 90 minutes, if you want to join in you're welcome but you train at my pace and the same exercises

Yes I make noise, dont like it, tough "

I make noise too - the ones I complain about are where it's clearly theatrics

Oh 100kg deadlift and you're dying. Cute

over a year ago

evesham

"

#crossfitters

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Slamming weights down on stuff like deadlifts is fine.

Put your stuff back though. Animals

over a year ago

"I dont rant about much in the gym other than people tidying up and putting weights back and those who have 3 bits of kit on the go doing some weird superset, I usually just steal the piece of kit I want

Oh 100kg deadlift and you're dying. Cute "

Best one I saw was 4 lads, all about 60kg, deadlifting 160kg with the worst form I've ever seen. 3 cheering the guy lifting, with one recording.

I pointed out they might want to lower the weights as the were asking for serious injury, didn't listen.

Few weeks later same lads back in, doing the same thing. Guy on the platform lifting detatched his hamstring, then he made some real noise.

I laughed inside a little bit, wrong I know but people just don't listen.

over a year ago

left due to lockdown but what is it with people sitting on weight machines for 20-30mins, one guy took the same it took form my cardio to do 3 sets

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Best one I saw was 4 lads, all about 60kg, deadlifting 160kg with the worst form I've ever seen. 3 cheering the guy lifting, with one recording.

I pointed out they might want to lower the weights as the were asking for serious injury, didn't listen.

Few weeks later same lads back in, doing the same thing. Guy on the platform lifting detatched his hamstring, then he made some real noise.

I laughed inside a little bit, wrong I know but people just don't listen."

Anyone filming in a gym should receive a life time ban .

Same goes for anyone wearing a vest, a back to front cap and a pair of over sized headphones.

over a year ago

Anyone filming in a gym should receive a life time ban .

Same goes for anyone wearing a vest, a back to front cap and a pair of over sized headphones. "

I disagree on the filming, I do to check form from time to time and make sure bad habits aren't creeping back in

over a year ago

"Yeah where do the machine 5kg weights go "

Same as how odd socks happen

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I laughed inside a little bit, wrong I know but people just don't listen."

It's the performance that gets me. Yes yes you big man. I get it, go you. I'm not here to congratulate you, sorry.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I wear a vest in the gym. Pits get less funky. #sorrynotsorry

over a year ago

"It wasnt me!

When I asked the male pt wouldnt even show me that section!!

Is that true "

Why would I lie?

By *ocothumpaMan
over a year ago

quite close to you

I put my weights back as I remember being in one of those spit & sawdust type places in my teens (by the by one guy there was scary strong, like could lift a Mini metro, roll up a frying pan in half strong) I was yelled at once by this hulk “Oi! If you can lift it you can put it away!”

To this day still do it.

I just generally keep to myself in the gym, Don’t hog all the plates, try not to ogle the women, headphones in, music on, world off...

By *ocothumpaMan
over a year ago

quite close to you

It's the performance that gets me. Yes yes you big man. I get it, go you. I'm not here to congratulate you, sorry."

I was doing a improvement exercise and this guy came up to me all smug and mockingly asked me if what I was doing was to help me pull up my trousers.

I said let me show you what it does, and snatched his Deadlift. Crickets after that. I leave others alone I don’t see a point in judging

over a year ago

midlands

Anyone that also wears any clothing that says Golds Gym needs a slap

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's the performance that gets me. Yes yes you big man. I get it, go you. I'm not here to congratulate you, sorry.

I was doing a improvement exercise and this guy came up to me all smug and mockingly asked me if what I was doing was to help me pull up my trousers.

I said let me show you what it does, and snatched his Deadlift. Crickets after that. I leave others alone I don’t see a point in judging "

I don't make a sport of it, but sometimes I silently think "really?" You know?

Post new Message to Thread