Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scammers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Wow! Just caught the tail end of a programme on BBC 1 about people being scammed on dating sites.

Hard to believe these guys parted with £1000s - how fragile and vulnerable the ‘lonely’ male can be - scary!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Read "Dead At First Sight" by Peter James a while back that weaves a story around the people that use dating sites to scam people out of their money - it's a work of fiction but the author is well known for meticulous research and realistic and plausible storyline.

Was quite scary reading it how easily the scammers build trust with unsuspecting victims and get them to part with their money

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Wow! Just caught the tail end of a programme on BBC 1 about people being scammed on dating sites.

Hard to believe these guys parted with £1000s - how fragile and vulnerable the ‘lonely’ male can be - scary!"

It's not just males getting conned by women... Plenty of women have lost there life savings to con artist men too... Being lonely is a terrible thing and unfortunately there are unscrupulous people looking to take advantage of that whatever the sex

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Wow! Just caught the tail end of a programme on BBC 1 about people being scammed on dating sites.

Hard to believe these guys parted with £1000s - how fragile and vulnerable the ‘lonely’ male can be - scary!"

It’s on every week. I can’t believe people will part with so much money via internet dating! Some of them used their life savings. It’s very sad

over a year ago

shows how scummy some humans can be

I also hate those scammers that go after pensioners it makes me mad

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I have a friend who has been romance scammed for tens of thousands; I have been to Action Fraud, the police, etc., but he refuses to make a formal statement of complaint.

The female scammer has brainwashed him; amazing phenomenon to witneds at first hand.

By *ubmissiveman2uMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

Unfortunately lust and loneliness plays a major part and these parasites are very clever in their techniques...

By *d59michelleTV/TS
over a year ago

walsall

Soon as they ask for money walk away

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Happened to a friend of mine. A simple guy with learning disabilities and someone took everything he had

over a year ago

"Happened to a friend of mine. A simple guy with learning disabilities and someone took everything he had "

That is utterly shit. I really hope those people get what's coming to them, the more painful the better!!

over a year ago

I remember seeing a similar program where a woman was conned out of 10's of thousands of pounds by a scammer in Nigeria. She then received a phonecall a few years later claiming to be from the police in Nigeria who said they had caught the guy that had scammed her, but they said they needed £5,000 to be able to prosecute the guy in question and that she would get all of her money back upon successful prosecution...She paid the £5,000 not knowing that the same guy had just scammed her again. Shocking!

Post new Message to Thread