Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you believe in ghosts?

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Have you ever seen one or something that you just can't explain?

Are you a total sceptic and believe everything can be explained and sightings are just the vivid imagination of people?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I don’t believe in ghosts.

But I do think we are all haunted houses

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't believe in ghosts, but they scare me.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Believe in them when I see one.

Be real cool if I did. But they don’t seem keen I have been on a few ghost hunts.

By *ndrew CareyMan
over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

No.

If they did exist, they would be harmless

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I don't believe in ghosts being the spirits of dead people, but I do believe in people's sightings of them, because I've had my own sightings.

Many I think are made up or are just figments of peoples imaginations, but some I believe do happen.

I'm more inclined to think they are some sort of cross over from a parallel dimension or a rift in time. It's also a lot more likely than spirits, even if that idea sounds quite out there itself.

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I don't believe in ghosts being the spirits of dead people, but I do believe in people's sightings of them, because I've had my own sightings.

Many I think are made up or are just figments of peoples imaginations, but some I believe do happen.

I'm more inclined to think they are some sort of cross over from a parallel dimension or a rift in time. It's also a lot more likely than spirits, even if that idea sounds quite out there itself. "

Well given that our bodies are made up of basically electrically charged particles it's fair to say it's a possibility that the energy stored in our bodies maybe discharged at the moment of death and the energy re directed elsewhere.

I'm not saying that this is the case but we all end up back in the universal soup once we are gone one way or another.

over a year ago

Who said that

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

They shouldn’t exist but I’ve experienced one so yes I do believe in them.

over a year ago

"They shouldn’t exist but I’ve experienced one so yes I do believe in them."

Same

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Who said that "

BOO

over a year ago

I have had an odd experience once, but whether it was a ghost or not I don't know.

I have an open mind.

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I have had an odd experience once, but whether it was a ghost or not I don't know.

I have an open mind."

Go on ?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

The idea doesn’t make sense.

Why aren’t there ghosts everywhere? Estimated put total human population to be about 117 billion.

They smile just be everywhere

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Seen a few ghosts.

One was a dog that we had when I was born. I heard a dog come into the kitchen, along the hall, up the stairs, I saw it go past the bedroom door and I heard it flop down on the floor. I went into the room, nothing was there.

Also saw a passenger, that liked his last seat on a britannia 757. It was my turn to ride the breaks when the plane was being towed, that means you sit in the captains seat in case anything goes wrong. You have to check the cabin and toilets in case anyone is still on there, as I walked down the plane I saw a passenger sitting in a seat. I went and told them they had to get off, only to find there was not a lot to the person.

That was the longest tow, I was ever involved in.

over a year ago

I'm really not certain... clearly we have energy, thoughts / memories and a 'soul' when we're alive, and they don't turn into dust like the rest of us... so I wonder if that leftover energy manifests itself somehow.

I don't think I believe in basically dead people walking around as such... if they existed why has nobody ever seen a dead caveman?

over a year ago

they put the willies up me

over a year ago

Yes, i didnt until i bought this house. I made a post about it last month

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No. I don’t believe x

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Cheam

Not sure where I sit on this but I do enjoy a ghost story so please do share

Bx

over a year ago

No I don't believe in them.

NBVN x

over a year ago

yes and no, I say I dont really believe in ghosts but. . . I have seen one and experienced quite a bit of weird stuff

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"I'm really not certain... clearly we have energy, thoughts / memories and a 'soul' when we're alive, and they don't turn into dust like the rest of us... so I wonder if that leftover energy manifests itself somehow.

I don't think I believe in basically dead people walking around as such... if they existed why has nobody ever seen a dead caveman?"

I disagree.

Thoughts, memories and 'soul' are just electrical impulse in the brain.

Does a computer continue to function when it's destroyed? Nope. The energy just dissipates. Same with us.

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

"Have you ever seen one or something that you just can't explain?

Are you a total sceptic and believe everything can be explained and sightings are just the vivid imagination of people?

"

Yes the house I grew up in had a spirit and experienced a presence at Darna prison when we visited there ....open to the public now I might add lol

over a year ago

during the firemans strike in late 70's I was on the picket line with my father ( i was very young) and I was playing in the hallway when he went in to boil the kettle for hot water. we were the only two people in the building, I saw a fireman in full kit walk up to me and round the corner into another corridor. when I described him to my dad apparently i described down to a tee oneof his colleagues who had been killed on duty only months before. this is true

By *reston_SmallGirlCouple
over a year ago

Preston

Ghost's are extremely fun plot devices, but beyond that... They don't really exist, in my opinion.

Halloween is the best time of the year through!!

over a year ago

Nope it didn’t up in till recently

I was doing a wiggle video and editing it toned out

colors Apart from red to make the red dress pop more

As editing I noticed a flash off light that movies across the screen and above my head

No one in the house apart from me and camera on a stand so couldn’t move

Video is take in a hall way with no windows or any other sorce off light apart from the light bulb

The only thing I can think off is something paranormal

Video is question is on fab 8 April 2021 if any one wants to see 31 second mark to 34 seconds pause the video and score frame by frame with you finger and look at my wig you see a fast moving flash off light that moves across the screen

Yes I have been creeped out by this from I have noticed it

over a year ago

"I have had an odd experience once, but whether it was a ghost or not I don't know.

I have an open mind.

Go on ?"

It's nothing major. I was in a flat uninstalling some medical equipment, flat was empty, I had the only set of keys and I heard a strange growl right next to my ear.

That's it.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I'm really not certain... clearly we have energy, thoughts / memories and a 'soul' when we're alive, and they don't turn into dust like the rest of us... so I wonder if that leftover energy manifests itself somehow.

I don't think I believe in basically dead people walking around as such... if they existed why has nobody ever seen a dead caveman?

I disagree.

Does a computer continue to function when it's destroyed? Nope. The energy just dissipates. Same with us. "

That’s our understanding now based on science. You think it won’t won’t shift in the next 100,500,1000 years? Science leads me to believe we only understand a fraction

over a year ago

Don't believe in ghosts. Also they ruined horror movies if I see one more exorcism/possession haunted house movie...

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Don't believe in ghosts. Also they ruined horror movies if I see one more exorcism/possession haunted house movie..."
oooohhhhhhh

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've seen and heard a lot of things that I don't have an explanation for. I don't think they are actual dead people though.

Out of interest I went to several spiritualist evenings. I saw nothing that lead me to believe anybody there was communicating with dead people

over a year ago

I have had an experience that I couldn’t explain, but don’t believe it was a ghost. That’s why I’m more spiritual in belief.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

No, I've never seen or heard anything that makes me believe in ghosts. Luke

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Yes I believe I have to because I witnessed the activities of a poltergeist as a child and I have a weird looking scar on the back of my head full figured weird thing with head arms body and legs doubt it's connected to that event

I only noticed due to lockdown cutting my head and taking the odd photo so I could see what I needed to cut and blend in

Didn't notice it at first then wow sent to few of my friends away from fab just to ask if they could see anything and if so what and was told similar to my own thoughts. Creepy.

over a year ago

I want to believe, but if they do exist how crowded must it be in ghost world, all the apparitions floating about on earth from all the dead people,

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

No. I've seen two 'ghostlike' things I couldn't explain, but one was when I was walking home from the pub, and the other was while I was rolling a spliff..... so I wouldn't exactly rate myself as a credible witness lol. I'm happy to accept them as unexplained, without resorting to the supernatural as an explination.

By *incloudukMan
over a year ago

Medway

I do. I’m

More into demon side of things lol

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

From my long experience, the types of people who believe in ghosts tend to be those with mental health problems on the schizophrenia spectrum, especially those with schizotypism; a schizotypic personality.

They are prone to unusual forms of cognition such as religiosity.

They have bizarre beliefs such as the existence of ghosts,extra sensory perception, out of body experiences, hearing voices, speaking in tobgues, etc.

Lest there be any confusion, schizophrenia does not imply a split personality but a split from reality!

The term schizophrenic is very frequently used unappropriately.

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr southend

Yup do believe and have had a number of experiences through out my life.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'd like it if true especially as it would challenge much of the rules that the world relies on, such as the rules of physics.

Assuming ghosts to be something of someone that used to live. I think that when the brain dies, so does the person. Their personality etc needed a brain to form it. No brain, no person. No brain, no ghost.

There's an absence of good scientific evidence for ghosts. If there was, it would be a valid concept to discover more about.

Likewise, psychic phenomena are missing good evidence to support them.

All this despite billions of people.

Alp of these things would challenge the basis on which we hold the universe to workit would be very exciting if any of these things did exist.

over a year ago

Yep had a few encounters

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I disagree.

Does a computer continue to function when it's destroyed? Nope. The energy just dissipates. Same with us.

That’s our understanding now based on science. You think it won’t won’t shift in the next 100,500,1000 years? Science leads me to believe we only understand a fraction "

Yep, which is one of the reasons why I'm doubtful of ghosts being spirits.

It's unlikely that a pure guess as to what they are from hundreds of years ago got it right.

There are plenty of scientific reasons against that at the moment, and I believe we will have a better scientific explanation in the future.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Good ghosts everyone

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

"Good ghosts everyone "
ill take that,

over a year ago

I don't know where I stand on believing, but I love a ghost story.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

I wish I did.

I'd love to speak to lost family members again.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Yes they are around but dont think ppl can talk to them at these "events/shows"

"Is there a Peter in the room? I can see an old man sitting in an armchair and he said he loved giving you sweets"

over a year ago

Aren’t there plenty of them on this site alone?

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes I've seen a brief physical manifestation and I believe in spiritual energy, not casper speaking type of ghosts. More brief shifts in spiritual energy currents that bring them closer to us occasionally

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes seen a few x

over a year ago

"Yes I've seen a brief physical manifestation and I believe in spiritual energy, not casper speaking type of ghosts. More brief shifts in spiritual energy currents that bring them closer to us occasionally "

This is perfectly plausible as theorised by multiple time dimensions in physics, when one time dimension might, perhaps, drift closer to ours and we perceive the energy emanating from there as spiritual energy.

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I believe, I can’t explain though. I’ve had a few encounters.

Grill pan flying off kitchen side in my student house.

Shadow across the room in student house, no explanation.

Glass moved in a restaurant that’s known to have activity in (some caught on camera).

Microwave and lights turning on and off after a family member died.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Yes I have experienced things that I cannot explain rationally

A little boy in 60’s school uniform ( including shorts and cap) stood at the side of a busy road in torrential rain.. on a Sunday...

A man who was part of a couple who frequented a local pub, he was on his own, usually had his wife with him as he couldn’t walk far. (Walking frame) he tipped up his pint to say hello..

Later I found he had died a few weeks earlier..

Taps coming on full blast on their own in a bathroom as I was using the toilet..

over a year ago

Don't believe in them. If it's something I can't explain, I ask myself whether I am just missing something or lack the mental faculties to explain it.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

No, absolutely no evidence to support the idea and no space anywhere within the standard model to allow such things.

Can I say with absolute certainty they don't exist? No, nothing is absolute but I can say the weight of evidence almost certainly precludes their existence.

Mr

over a year ago

"Yes, i didnt until i bought this house. I made a post about it last month "

oh? Would be interesting to know what happened.

over a year ago

"No, absolutely no evidence to support the idea and no space anywhere within the standard model to allow such things.

Can I say with absolute certainty they don't exist? No, nothing is absolute but I can say the weight of evidence almost certainly precludes their existence.

Mr"

I agree.

over a year ago

I've had a couple of experiences at home.

I know people that I worked with in an warehouse years ago that swore they could hear a litle girl in there at times.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Yes I have experienced things that I cannot explain rationally

A little boy in 60’s school uniform ( including shorts and cap) stood at the side of a busy road in torrential rain.. on a Sunday...

A man who was part of a couple who frequented a local pub, he was on his own, usually had his wife with him as he couldn’t walk far. (Walking frame) he tipped up his pint to say hello..

Later I found he had died a few weeks earlier..

Taps coming on full blast on their own in a bathroom as I was using the toilet..

"

To the people below, please explain these..??

over a year ago

"No, absolutely no evidence to support the idea and no space anywhere within the standard model to allow such things.

Mr

I agree."

I don’t know about the existence of ‘spirits’ beyond our earthly existence but String theory and multiple time dimensional physics can go some way to explain the ebb and flow of energy between dimensions that may manifest itself to us as ‘spirits’.

Some may be more attuned to this energy flow than others. I’ve never experienced anything of the sort but it does not preclude the fact that it may exist and we have yet to explain it, just as our ancestors sought to explain natural disasters as Olympian Gods wreaking havoc.

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I don't believe in ghosts being the spirits of dead people, but I do believe in people's sightings of them, because I've had my own sightings.

I'm more inclined to think they are some sort of cross over from a parallel dimension or a rift in time. It's also a lot more likely than spirits, even if that idea sounds quite out there itself.

Well given that our bodies are made up of basically electrically charged particles it's fair to say it's a possibility that the energy stored in our bodies maybe discharged at the moment of death and the energy re directed elsewhere.

I'm not saying that this is the case but we all end up back in the universal soup once we are gone one way or another."

Pretty sure physics says this is absolutely not a fair thing to say. Why wold there be any possible relationship between a mass of trillions of atoms changing arbitrary and highly contextualised state and the electrons in the atoms? They have nothing in common.

over a year ago

"I don’t believe in ghosts.

But I do think we are all haunted houses "

Lol I love this so much

Logically I don’t believe but I have certainly had my moments of being a complete scaredy-cat.

I used to work in an old community hospital that was originally a workhouse. So much stuff would happen there late at night on your own in the dark ( and no, not in a Fab kind of way you dirty minded people ) it was hard not to think that something was going on spiritually

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"From my long experience, the types of people who believe in ghosts tend to be those with mental health problems on the schizophrenia spectrum, especially those with schizotypism; a schizotypic personality.

They have bizarre beliefs such as the existence of ghosts,extra sensory perception, out of body experiences, hearing voices, speaking in tobgues, etc.

Lest there be any confusion, schizophrenia does not imply a split personality but a split from reality!

"

But your finding only come because unfortunately have not witnessed so would this make me insane or you for not being familiar with the existence.

over a year ago

Why are there no 'modern' ghosts in baseball caps and hoodies etc, just those dressed like they are appearing in a Jane Austen period drama? Do they have to undergo some apprenticeship programme before being allowed to haunt? Also, where are the animal ghosts? There should be an army of a million ghost ants out to get their revenge on me.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Believing or disbelieving comes along the lines similar to whether it's believable about curses, black magic, white magic whilst no body knows what happens after death do people spirits rest in peace and are they able to be unsettled so how can the unexplained be explained so simply without any evidence.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Believing or disbelieving comes along the lines similar to whether it's believable about curses, black magic, white magic whilst no body knows what happens after death do people spirits rest in peace and are they able to be unsettled so how can the unexplained be explained so simply without any evidence."

The unexplained and the fictional are not the same thing. You find proof there's such a thing as "spirit" and science will be very interested I'm sure. Until then I believe we know exactly what happens after death.

over a year ago

I didn't but now do

over a year ago

"From my long experience, the types of people who believe in ghosts tend to be those with mental health problems on the schizophrenia spectrum, especially those with schizotypism; a schizotypic personality.

"

Pretty sweeping generalisation there. I don't know what my daughter, her partner, sister and friend and I experienced but I do know we experienced it over a period of time and no one has been able to explain it, are you saying all of us have a schizoid personalities... Oh and their neighbour too.

By *aughty_Smooth_OperatorMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Who you going to call

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Who you going to call"

Mr Mystique

By *aughty_Smooth_OperatorMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Who you going to call

Mr Mystique "

No you ment to say ghost busters

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"Why are there no 'modern' ghosts in baseball caps and hoodies etc, just those dressed like they are appearing in a Jane Austen period drama? Do they have to undergo some apprenticeship programme before being allowed to haunt? Also, where are the animal ghosts? There should be an army of a million ghost ants out to get their revenge on me."

similar to how those who believe they are reincarnated are always a reincarnation of some famous. Usually Queen Cleopatra

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Why are there no 'modern' ghosts in baseball caps and hoodies etc, just those dressed like they are appearing in a Jane Austen period drama? Do they have to undergo some apprenticeship programme before being allowed to haunt? Also, where are the animal ghosts? There should be an army of a million ghost ants out to get their revenge on me.

similar to how those who believe they are reincarnated are always a reincarnation of some famous. Usually Queen Cleopatra"

My wife says she'd have been much happier living in the time of Downton Abbey etc... Formal lunches etc. I always have to remind her she's far more likely to have been born a pig farmer. Or worse.

over a year ago

I've seen plenty of living people I really can't explain.

By *ooby birdWoman
over a year ago

North West

No i don't

By *ornyCouple17Couple
over a year ago

IPSWICH

The human is a terribly, uncalibrated, biological machine.

Post new Message to Thread