Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Please help with trans teenager intelligent answers very welcome

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Please may somebody in this community give me advice on my child who is becoming adult is now transgender?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Have your child talked with GP to be referred to a Gender Identity Clinic ?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Please may somebody in this community give me advice on my child who is becoming adult is now transgender?

"

How old is ur child? And if that’s the case then the best thing you can do is be understanding of ur child’s nature. I had a concept about me being trans from a super young age I just couldn’t put it into words or concept. I just knew. And i wish I had more support and knowledge id have transitioned earlier on.

Is ur child a MTF or FTM? X hope you don’t mind me asking x

over a year ago

"Have your child talked with GP to be referred to a Gender Identity Clinic ? "

Also this!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Please may somebody in this community give me advice on my child who is becoming adult is now transgender?

What advice are you looking for?

"

over a year ago

??not answering

Thanks for replies

By *ust ClareTV/TS
over a year ago

Settlewick!

Don't be afraid to ask them questions but try not to be shocked or judgemental about their answers Your support is the best thing you have to offer, and don't fall into the trap of thinking it's a sexual thing

over a year ago

Okay please bare with me xx

over a year ago

Separated with baby mum aged 1

Full single parent until she was 10

I was advised by a trusted friend to let her move to mums last year

I miss my child.. I understand they grow up..

However I feel the idea of my 13 year old child deciding to remove the ability of having children

An over math to a relative teenage rebellion?

I completed psychology degree 20 years ago and set up business in different feilds.. now very concerned

I ask this community because I believe you are more open about sex (I am very naughty but try to keep it separate ... is this my fault?)

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

You must be aware that the fact your child probably identified being trans have nothing to do with sexually, that's why GIC are so important

over a year ago

"Separated with baby mum aged 1

Full single parent until she was 10

I was advised by a trusted friend to let her move to mums last year

I miss my child.. I understand they grow up..

However I feel the idea of my 13 year old child deciding to remove the ability of having children

An over math to a relative teenage rebellion?

I completed psychology degree 20 years ago and set up business in different feilds.. now very concerned

I ask this community because I believe you are more open about sex (I am very naughty but try to keep it separate ... is this my fault?)

"

I take it she’s a FTM?

Definitely let her have some expert opinion as she’s still very young, I doubt they will put her on hormones at least until she’s 16-17 and still then she will need ur consent (or mums or both I think)

Just try and understand her and ask question, be open minded

I mean, it happens that some FTM end up detransitioning if they want kids or for whatever reason. It’s actually more common for girls who transition to male than other way round.

over a year ago

Just hoping she doing this out of strength and rebellion to me

And not seriously thinking of castrating herself

She only 13

By *xmfrvnMan
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

It's not about you.

You created a human with their own mind so now it's your responsibility to support them, no matter what.

Think about how difficult your teen years were - body issues, confidence, discovering romance/sex - now add this. It will be far more difficult for them than for you.

Ask what they want to be called - both name and pronouns, it will mean a great deal to them.

Keep your mind open and free from judgement of them and yourself, you're both learning. But do learn and try to learn.

Stay strong.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Just hoping she doing this out of strength and rebellion to me

And not seriously thinking of castrating herself

She only 13"

There's always that possibility and is very understanding your concern , that's why GIC should be taken in consideration also as i mentioned before being trans have nothing to do with sex , gender and sex are totally different

over a year ago

Good answer thank you

I Feel more is my lack of rereading modern social trends ... perhaps this is a neglect as a parent on my behalf... as engaged in work, parental responsibilities and perhaps... failiure to learn more inciteful material...

have concentrated on the past doctrines . instead of the future of modern stability?

Would trust to be an asset to my child.. It hurts to see her lost

over a year ago

Aww op.

Tell her you love her for who she is and tell her how brave she is for exploring this world.

Ask her (metaphorically)to hold her hand on a journey you both want to learn about

over a year ago

I certainly love my little boy and miss my little girl

Interesting you mentioned love.. sometimes and I’d trust... love is sometimes a love of person, where you honestly, want them to win and support them

Post new Message to Thread