Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hey you.. yes you!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

All this talk around attraction, confidence and people's definition of beauty got me thinking we are all our biggest critics. There is nothing worse anyone could say to us than we say to ourselves.

So whoever you are be confident and have self acceptance in who you are. The brightest stars sometimes can't see their own shine but others do see you.

Don't judge your own self worth on someone else's judgement.. that's all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"All this talk around attraction, confidence and people's definition of beauty got me thinking we are all our biggest critics. There is nothing worse anyone could say to us than we say to ourselves.

So whoever you are be confident and have self acceptance in who you are. The brightest stars sometimes can't see their own shine but others do see you.

Don't judge your own self worth on someone else's judgement.. that's all "

You are lovely xx

over a year ago

"All this talk around attraction, confidence and people's definition of beauty got me thinking we are all our biggest critics. There is nothing worse anyone could say to us than we say to ourselves.

Great thoughts and sentiments

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Give us a snog.

over a year ago

That's lovely thoughts and sentiments OP x

By *xmfrvnMan
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Bless ya

over a year ago

It's been a long road for me to accept some of my personality traits and to get a handle on managing them.

Being on the Fab forum and 'connecting' (even if only virtually) with a small number of people has given me a boost.

Good post OP

over a year ago

Be you and you will always attract the people you are destined to be around

over a year ago

Easier said than done but I'll give it a go.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We wouldn't judge our self worth on someone's judgement. We're quite happy in our own skin. People like and/or fancy us or they don't. Spreading the love to all nice people

over a year ago

By *ed_Rocket.Man
over a year ago

Near by

Very nice

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Unfortunately it is never that easy.

I know my self worth, and while I'm generally accepting of things as "that's just how it is", it is extremely hard to get absolutely nowhere. I don't mean fab.

As an example. For some reason, at the time a bright idea, I rejoined Bumble and Tinder a fair while ago now, as I am ready to no longer be single. The silence and lack of activity is rather painful. The poor matches or lacking of convo (generally on their part) I'm fine with, can handle that. But when you get nothing, absolutely zero interest at all, it drags you down. In a way that is impossible to not have it have any kind of impact on how you view yourself. It makes you question your own view.

Don't get me wrong, I know the whole preference thing works outside of fab too. I won't show interest in somebody if I don't feel there is anything, so others shouldn't. I'd not expect a flood of women wanting to match.

Am I depressed or losing sleep over it? No not at all, well this post aside... but to say it is not having an effect on me would be a lie. It reaffirms what I say on other threads about personality though, it means fuck all if you are not given a chance to show it when the physical/visual puts up a blockade first.

Anyway enough about my woes.

My point is, it becomes increasingly difficult to view yourself in such ways when at times it feels like you are the only person that does, or what can feel like, potentially ever will.

I probably could have just said that at the start and be done with it, but that's not my way.

over a year ago

to you all

over a year ago

If I judged myself on the opinions of everyone else my esteem would be on the floor.

This is why I don't care or place value on what others think. Me knowing my worth comes from within.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

100% agree with this.

over a year ago

"If I judged myself on the opinions of everyone else my esteem would be on the floor.

This is why I don't care or place value on what others think. Me knowing my worth comes from within.

"

The best way to be

over a year ago

"

Wisw words, OP. Except of course where they say you're a fantastic person and amazing in bed. Then you can lap it up !

over a year ago

"

Wisw words, OP. Except of course where they say you're a fantastic person and amazing in bed. Then you can lap it up ! "

We can't all be you though can we But yes, take that compliment on board!

By *ohnywrongunMan
over a year ago

Epping

this is very true and I think were all really good at praising and saying positive things to our family and friends,but when it comes to your own wellbeing ,we tend to be negative and critical.

It's a good idea to save a bit of praise and positivity for yourself each day ,.

over a year ago

Don't judge your own self worth on someone else's judgement.. that's all this is very true and I think were all really good at praising and saying positive things to our family and friends,but when it comes to your own wellbeing ,we tend to be negative and critical.

It's a good idea to save a bit of praise and positivity for yourself each day ,.

"

Very true, we should all take time to do this everyday

over a year ago

well you are a stunner x

over a year ago

"well you are a stunner x"

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"Unfortunately it is never that easy.

I know my self worth, and while I'm generally accepting of things as "that's just how it is", it is extremely hard to get absolutely nowhere. I don't mean fab.

As an example. For some reason, at the time a bright idea, I rejoined Bumble and Tinder a fair while ago now, as I am ready to no longer be single. The silence and lack of activity is rather painful. The poor matches or lacking of convo (generally on their part) I'm fine with, can handle that. But when you get nothing, absolutely zero interest at all, it drags you down. In a way that is impossible to not have it have any kind of impact on how you view yourself. It makes you question your own view.

Don't get me wrong, I know the whole preference thing works outside of fab too. I won't show interest in somebody if I don't feel there is anything, so others shouldn't. I'd not expect a flood of women wanting to match.

Am I depressed or losing sleep over it? No not at all, well this post aside... but to say it is not having an effect on me would be a lie. It reaffirms what I say on other threads about personality though, it means fuck all if you are not given a chance to show it when the physical/visual puts up a blockade first.

Anyway enough about my woes.

My point is, it becomes increasingly difficult to view yourself in such ways when at times it feels like you are the only person that does, or what can feel like, potentially ever will.

I probably could have just said that at the start and be done with it, but that's not my way. "

I think at times most of us have been where you are and have felt unloved or unlovable.

It helps me to remember that I won't feel like that forever - at some point there'll be an attraction that is returned, there always is eventually.

In the meantime I just assume everyone who rejects me is completely lacking in good taste and judgement.

Works for me

over a year ago

You are lovely xx"

Tru dat!

over a year ago

You are lovely xx

Tru dat! "

over a year ago

That’s beautiful

over a year ago

This is such a lovely thread ..... well said OP xxxx

over a year ago

Thanks guys

over a year ago

"Thanks guys "

I know, we're great

over a year ago

"Thanks guys

I know, we're great "

You sure are

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

When you have been told for so long that you are worth nothing, mean nothing, will be nothing etc etc..you believe it.

Yo break out of that cycle is easier said than done x

over a year ago

over a year ago

Aww this is lovely

over a year ago

"When you have been told for so long that you are worth nothing, mean nothing, will be nothing etc etc..you believe it.

Yo break out of that cycle is easier said than done x"

It's not easy but a little kindness to yourself goes along way. The people who have told you these things, it says more about them than it does about you

Post new Message to Thread