Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ghosting…

Jump to newest

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

Sometimes when I’ve been chatting and getting on fine with someone - I’m asked to send a face pic and then hear nothing more. I’m aware that I might not be someone’s type but I am mature enough to handle - ‘awww sorry you’re not my type!’ - I know lots aren’t but surely having chatted for a while they would know all my toys aren’t coming out of the pram over it ?

What’s the thoughts of my expert amigos in here? Surely it’s courtesy after having chatted to just say awe no thanks!?

Whayfo you guys think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

For the record whayfo isn’t a real word!

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

*Inigio Montoya voice*

People keep on using that word, I don’t think it means what they think it means...

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

It’s not great behaviour but it does happen. Just move on.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's not exactly ghosting to be honest but can understand it's not nice

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

"*Inigio Montoya voice*

People keep on using that word, I don’t think it means what they think it means..."

I understood it to mean that they just seem to disappear into thin air?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"For the record whayfo isn’t a real word! "

It might not be a real word but it jolly well should be.

"whayfo you lookin' at me!?"

over a year ago

"Sometimes when I’ve been chatting and getting on fine with someone - I’m asked to send a face pic and then hear nothing more. I’m aware that I might not be someone’s type but I am mature enough to handle - ‘awww sorry you’re not my type!’ - I know lots aren’t but surely having chatted for a while they would know all my toys aren’t coming out of the pram over it ?

What’s the thoughts of my expert amigos in here? Surely it’s courtesy after having chatted to just say awe no thanks!?

Whayfo you guys think? "

Perhaps they were put off by you still travelling around in a pram.

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

"It's not exactly ghosting to be honest but can understand it's not nice "

Thing is I fully understand it’s a lot about physical attraction on here so if it’s not there it’s not - I’m absolutely fine with that I’m not fragile like that. For me I guess it’s just more manners and most people I chat to for a bit are like acquaintances as opposed to total strangers x I wouldn’t just blank someone because I didn’t fancy them. X

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

"For the record whayfo isn’t a real word!

"

pmsl - I’m licensing it - so far you owe me £5

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I kinda think this way.

You never ever know how someone will react. Even if you're pretty sure they'll take it with good grace you could have caught them on a mega bad day where they've been on the booze and now doing an angry d*unk impression and getting it spot on.

So although it would be nice yeah, there's always an element of risk of abuse.

Saying that I'm a complete arsehole when it comes to replying to messages. I'm dreadful, really dreadful. Sometimes weeks have gone past, even months and I've gone " oops, yep... they'll think I'm a right cunt" because messaging really isn't on top of my agenda. Sometimes I'll reply but then not return to my inbox for an age so from their end I'm an ignorant cunt, from my end I've been using the forums and not visited my inbox. No more than that

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"*Inigio Montoya voice*

People keep on using that word, I don’t think it means what they think it means...

I understood it to mean that they just seem to disappear into thin air? "

More and more people are using it to mean just that. It has traditionally been used after being in some sort of relationship in which you've actually met they just vanish off the face of the earth. Whatever meaning you place on it it's never nice

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Sometimes when I’ve been chatting and getting on fine with someone - I’m asked to send a face pic and then hear nothing more. I’m aware that I might not be someone’s type but I am mature enough to handle - ‘awww sorry you’re not my type!’ - I know lots aren’t but surely having chatted for a while they would know all my toys aren’t coming out of the pram over it ?

Whayfo you guys think?

Perhaps they were put off by you still travelling around in a pram."

Doing my bit for the carbon footprint now get pushing!!

over a year ago

I think if you've been chatting for a while, and then they realise you aren't for them, it's courteous to say "no thanks, you're not my type after all".

Having said that, I've said this to many a guy who's then replied with "but why?" Do they really want me to describe HOW I'm not attracted to them??

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Is more about them and feeling embarrassed about not liking the person from the photograph. So it's easier to ghost. Not saying it's right though.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"For the record whayfo isn’t a real word!

pmsl - I’m licensing it - so far you owe me £5 "

Ok. Put it on my tab ROFL. My brother made some of the stuff in a house we lived in way before we actually lived there, he reckons we owe him 20p fir every time we've used it

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

But it’s that other person’s experience that counts, you maybe fine with ‘sorry seen you and I’m not interested’ or some other rejection message. But they may have done it previously and not had a good reaction and received a lot of abuse.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

It would be nice if people said no thank you, but some find it difficult.

If they were still online but ignoring me I would forget about them.

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

"I kinda think this way.

You never ever know how someone will react. Even if you're pretty sure they'll take it with good grace you could have caught them on a mega bad day where they've been on the booze and now doing an angry d*unk impression and getting it spot on.

So although it would be nice yeah, there's always an element of risk of abuse.

Saying that I'm a complete arsehole when it comes to replying to messages. I'm dreadful, really dreadful. Sometimes weeks have gone past, even months and I've gone " oops, yep... they'll think I'm a right cunt" because messaging really isn't on top of my agenda. Sometimes I'll reply but then not return to my inbox for an age so from their end I'm an ignorant cunt, from my end I've been using the forums and not visited my inbox. No more than that "

I guess if we exchange messages and it takes you forever I would know that’s just how you are but it’s more when you are almost in a conversation exchanging messages .. so there’s more of an expectation of a quicker reply XX

over a year ago

It's happened to me a couple of times recently, even though the other party initiated the first contact but it is what it is, as someone already said, just move on

over a year ago

Don't know but I like your crinkly shirt

over a year ago

You can’t do anything about someone acting like a douche bag, chalk it down to experience.

over a year ago

I usually cry for 40 days and 40 nights ..

In all honesty if that’s how they are .. then they probably did me a favour ! .. just be straight with people ! Know where you stand ! Not that hard is it !

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"You can’t do anything about someone acting like a douche bag, chalk it down to experience."

And many have, which is why they don't respond with rejection coz they've learned when they do they get given aggro and even threats.

A shit situation for sure, but one that doesn't always mean the person is a douche bag.

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Maybe they're just busy and haven't replied to your message yet

over a year ago

Whayfo you guys think?

Perhaps they were put off by you still travelling around in a pram."

over a year ago

"But it’s that other person’s experience that counts, you maybe fine with ‘sorry seen you and I’m not interested’ or some other rejection message. But they may have done it previously and not had a good reaction and received a lot of abuse.

"

This.

Just be glad you're not meeting them OP. Don't take it personally.

over a year ago

"But it’s that other person’s experience that counts, you maybe fine with ‘sorry seen you and I’m not interested’ or some other rejection message. But they may have done it previously and not had a good reaction and received a lot of abuse.

This.

Just be glad you're not meeting them OP. Don't take it personally. "

That^ , plus why waste your precious time any further worrying about someone who doesn't want to talk to you, unless you're worried someone stole their phone or that they've fallen down a well or some other realistuc possibility

over a year ago

This.

That^ , plus why waste your precious time any further worrying about someone who doesn't want to talk to you, unless you're worried someone stole their phone or that they've fallen down a well or some other realistuc possibility "

Someone call Lassie!

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

This.

That^ , plus why waste your precious time any further worrying about someone who doesn't want to talk to you, unless you're worried someone stole their phone or that they've fallen down a well or some other realistuc possibility

Someone call Lassie! "

Too late Skippy sorted it!!

Post new Message to Thread