Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do condoms dry you out?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, I'm wondering if any other women have this problem... I can be incredibly aroused and soaking wet, but then after a while of sex with condoms I find that I'm suddenly quite dry, even though I'm still very aroused and enjoying it. This doesn't happen without condoms, but obviously that's not an option for fab meets.

Is it just me? Is lube the only solution? I worry I might offend the man if I squirt a load of lube on him! Or are there types of condom which are better for this issue? Is it the latex maybe?

Thoughts would be appreciated, am I the only woman who experiences this? x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Do you use latex free condoms?

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

This happens to me too!

Don’t worry about offending someone’s ego by using lube. The alternative is uncomfy sex which is a super mega nope.

I use Skyns as I’m allergic to latex and although I find they’re the best brand for me, he inevitable drying still happens after a while!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I suffer with this OP. I use Skyns as i’m allergic to latex and they come up a bit dry so lube is required. I’m sure if you discuss it with your sexy person they’ll understand.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Ah I've read your OP properly. Skyns help with the drying out effect but it can still happen because of the friction of a good cocking. I think using lube is a good thing - it shows you're comfortable and confident enough in yourself, it doesn't mean you're not enjoying it! If they can't handle you doing that, they can always have a wank into a condom.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Happens to me too.

I tell the man and lube up if needed.

over a year ago

Happens to me also. Lube is my friend.

over a year ago

This happens to me too, or at least it did before I started using latex free condoms (skyns, specifically)

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I've had this. I also just find condoms more frictiony in general. I nearly always use lube during sex and I've never had a guy be offended yet.

over a year ago

"Ah I've read your OP properly. Skyns help with the drying out effect but it can still happen because of the friction of a good cocking. I think using lube is a good thing - it shows you're comfortable and confident enough in yourself, it doesn't mean you're not enjoying it! If they can't handle you doing that, they can always have a wank into a condom."

Lol thanks, I'm sure anyone I slept with would be understanding and wouldn't say anything, I suppose I just worry that he'll somehow think it's a reflection on him, which it definitely isn't.

Maybe the skyns are worth a try!

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

I can't recall any time a fella has been or looked bothered if I've reached for the lube. I can totally see why your slightly worried about it but.. some men loose a hard on but are still horny as. Same with us and if we dry up a bit. At least we can add a bit of lube amd carry on, poor fellas.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I can't recall any time a fella has been or looked bothered if I've reached for the lube. I can totally see why your slightly worried about it but.. some men loose a hard on but are still horny as. Same with us and if we dry up a bit. At least we can add a bit of lube amd carry on, poor fellas.

"

Agree with this. I'm sure most guys relate to their body not always being totally in line with how their mind is responding.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

So ribbed for her discomfort is a no no ?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"So ribbed for her discomfort is a no no ? "

Ribbed condoms are torture devices in my opinion

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Do they still make french ticklers?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"So ribbed for her discomfort is a no no ?

Ribbed condoms are torture devices in my opinion "

This is a very interesting discussion ...thank you for bringing this to the forum

over a year ago

Have the same problem. I find the guy doesn't object while I'm applying a bit of lube to his wrapped cock at the same as me.

over a year ago

I actually wondered if this was a thing with condoms and dryness from personal experience.

over a year ago

Urgh yes, awful things

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I think that most responsible condom wearing men understand that condoms cause friction dryness! I can't imagine a bloke being too bothered about a squirt of lube!

over a year ago

I'm not a big fan either, they seem to make the problem worse actually

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

Ribbed condoms are torture devices in my opinion

I'm not a big fan either, they seem to make the problem worse actually"

They're awful things!!

By *hubster2016Man
over a year ago

T

Different brands of condoms can do different things

I use mates but may try skins is it?

As I’m sensitive to certain condoms

For instance I can have the hardest cock be turned on etc but put a durex on and my cock goes soft in just over a minute!!

I’d understand if the lube was pulled just helps and the ladies comfort is paramount

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

No reasonable guy will object to a bit of lube.

I'd actually find it a turn on if the lady reaches for the lube.

Generally I squirt a little on me before I put condom on and a little over top.

Helps me last for 3mins instead of 2mins

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Lube is great fun, I have lots of different kinds in my bedside drawer. Always happy to use it.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if a woman got some lube out. Nothing to be embarrassed about at all.

By *opilotMan
over a year ago

Heathrow

No reasonable man would object or be offended, nobody wants uncomfortable sex. Lube is our friend.

over a year ago

Oh my gosh I totally get this! Skyns are good but Durex Real Feal help too. We use Liquid Silk lube too if I need it, it’s by far the best xxx

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I wouldn't worry about asking to use lube. It's only what you need. Anybody doesn't respect you enough to accept a request like that doesn't deserve to be in your bed.

The two of us use lube with each other and we don't even use condoms. It's not a problem.

over a year ago

I make the lube use part of the fun. Flavoured ones are always my fave but i like trying different ones.

over a year ago

It's nice to hear that guys wouldn't be offended by this

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Mrs has same issue after much searching we found an oily lube that doesn't effect the condom and also doesn't dry out and become tacky like KY can.

Now for the life of me can't remember the name, it's a plant based lube they do different ones.

Worth looking into.

Mrs has never been able to use Durex they have always made her sore and caused cystitis.

But I had a vasectomy years ago so didn't have an issue but

Since we started swinging skyns are the brand of choice and always has lube at hand don't be shy in saying that you need it.

You want to be able to walk and per after sex it's supposed to be enjoyed not torture.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Pee not per.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Mrs has same issue after much searching we found an oily lube that doesn't effect the condom and also doesn't dry out and become tacky like KY can.

Now for the life of me can't remember the name, it's a plant based lube they do different ones.

Worth looking into.

Mrs has never been able to use Durex they have always made her sore and caused cystitis.

But I had a vasectomy years ago so didn't have an issue but

Since we started swinging skyns are the brand of choice and always has lube at hand don't be shy in saying that you need it.

You want to be able to walk and per after sex it's supposed to be enjoyed not torture."

We have found that skyns and lube work for us. Dare I say that it's the dreaded menopause that hasn't helped!!

over a year ago

Yes. I find durexes to make me super sensitive after some pounding. I hate them. Skins are a bit better and I can stand them more and don’t cause as much discomfort.

But got to say nothing feels better than actual skin lol

over a year ago

Happens to me too. It's one of the reasons I won't use them. But if you do then re-lubing everyone so often is the only way I think xx

Post new Message to Thread