Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Can comfy shoes be sexy?

Jump to newest

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

I need comfy shoes that don't make me look like a pensioner, to wear when I meet new men.

I can't do anything over 3 inches now, and even that could be too high, and it's not dry enough for sandals.

I need so decent places to look.

No website links though.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What about those court shoes from M&S or Debenhams used to have them. Slightly raised but not a proper platform and round toe?

Block heel ?

over a year ago

I had a quick look. They have few.. they are classic look. Stilleto court heel shoes. Patent or suede. 7.6cm height. 8cm is around 3 inches I think. it comes in taller version too. I have a pair in snake print.. lasted whole night and i have sensitive feet.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"What about those court shoes from M&S or Debenhams used to have them. Slightly raised but not a proper platform and round toe?

Block heel ? "

A platform is a great way to compensate for the heel length.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

What about boots jo..you can get some really great low heels boots.

I love ankle boots.

over a year ago

Kurt geiger shoes I find don't kill my feet

I also find wedges better than stilettos too although not as sexy or I have a par of thigh high boots with a slightly thicker heel which are not too bad

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I juat Google...low heeled sexy shoes and there is really good shoes...boots

By *lwenWoman
over a year ago

De12 area

Search for kitten heel shoes.. Not high but still look nice

over a year ago

Shoe zone do some that style and height. I’m the same and get some lovely ones from there x

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Fluffy slippers with bunny rabbit faces. Well, I'd think they were sexy anyway

By *eivers101Couple
over a year ago

Carlisle

Marks & Spencer shoes are my go to nowadays - nicely padded under the ball of the foot and lots available in wide fit as well as standard but still feminine and pretty. Lot's of heels around the 2-3 inch mark which still looks stylish without wrecking feet. Another tip is to get shoes with a micro platform sole which helps off set the heel height.

And my secret weapon to make higher heels wearable for longer periods is to spray your feet with Deep Freeze spray before putting shoes on and reapplying after a few hours if necessary.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"What about those court shoes from M&S or Debenhams used to have them. Slightly raised but not a proper platform and round toe?

Block heel ? "

I had a pair of block heel evening shoes, with straps, but the toe part wasn't substantial enough.

I went everywhere to find them.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Marks & Spencer shoes are my go to nowadays - nicely padded under the ball of the foot and lots available in wide fit as well as standard but still feminine and pretty. Lot's of heels around the 2-3 inch mark which still looks stylish without wrecking feet. Another tip is to get shoes with a micro platform sole which helps off set the heel height.

And my secret weapon to make higher heels wearable for longer periods is to spray your feet with Deep Freeze spray before putting shoes on and reapplying after a few hours if necessary."

I have osteoarthritis in my ankles and feet. I'll try the Deep Freeze thank you.

I did look in M&S but didn't find anything that looked sexy.

I'll try again.

over a year ago

Experts warn that comfy yet sexy shoes are still along way off.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Experts warn that comfy yet sexy shoes are still along way off. "

You told me you loved my converse

over a year ago

"Experts warn that comfy yet sexy shoes are still along way off.

You told me you loved my converse "

Thats experts over here, in Ireland things are very different and indeed your converse were both very sexy and also comfortable.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I find Clarks - yes Clarks! - and M&S do fabulous elegant wedge shoes in suede and leather. And gorgeous little kitten heeled ankle boots.

If you have more money to spend - £75 to £100 - try Fly London. I swear by their shoes and my feet are buggered due to Rheumatoid Arthritis! (Check Amazon for deals)

When you have rubbish feet, you have to spend a lot, sadly. Cheap shoes just don't cut it. Good luck x

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

[Removed by poster at 21/05/21 22:48:55]

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Have you checked out ruby shoo? Have several pairs for work and going out, and my feet blister just looking at shoes.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Experts warn that comfy yet sexy shoes are still along way off. "

I'll probably be dead by the time floating shoes are en vogue.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"I find Clarks - yes Clarks! - and M&S do fabulous elegant wedge shoes in suede and leather. And gorgeous little kitten heeled ankle boots.

If you have more money to spend - £75 to £100 - try Fly London. I swear by their shoes and my feet are buggered due to Rheumatoid Arthritis! (Check Amazon for deals)

When you have rubbish feet, you have to spend a lot, sadly. Cheap shoes just don't cut it. Good luck x"

I don't mind paying more for a decent pair for going out in, as I won't be wearing them often.

Thank you

By *uciferLingerieMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"I need comfy shoes that don't make me look like a pensioner, to wear when I meet new men.

I can't do anything over 3 inches now, and even that could be too high, and it's not dry enough for sandals.

I need so decent places to look.

No website links though."

Heels might be sexy and I do like them but a lady's shoe is not something you feel you should be judged by...whatever matches your outfit and feel comfortable in is best!

I like to wear heels but I look awful and can't walk in them ha!

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"I find Clarks - yes Clarks! - and M&S do fabulous elegant wedge shoes in suede and leather. And gorgeous little kitten heeled ankle boots.

When you have rubbish feet, you have to spend a lot, sadly. Cheap shoes just don't cut it. Good luck x

I don't mind paying more for a decent pair for going out in, as I won't be wearing them often.

Thank you "

Ooh, let me know how you get on! Xx

By *erdy NancyWoman
over a year ago

East Devon

When you have rubbish feet, you have to spend a lot, sadly. Cheap shoes just don't cut it. Good luck x"

I like Fly London when on my feet all day at work

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

Thank you

Ooh, let me know how you get on! Xx"

I'll take a photo if I find a pair

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

You told me you loved my converse "

Converse all the way

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I like Fly London when on my feet all day at work "

They're fabulous, aren't they? I can walk forever in them. Worth the money. I've had a pair of ankle boots for years & they still look brand new x

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

I like Fly London when on my feet all day at work "

There's a lot of comfy looking work shoes. I was hoping for something that looked sexy, with a flat sole

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

You told me you loved my converse

Thats experts over here, in Ireland things are very different and indeed your converse were both very sexy and also comfortable. "

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Thank you

Ooh, let me know how you get on! Xx

I'll take a photo if I find a pair "

Oh do!!! I get so excited about shoes - at least they still fit after I like the weight on

By *eivers101Couple
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Marks & Spencer shoes are my go to nowadays - nicely padded under the ball of the foot and lots available in wide fit as well as standard but still feminine and pretty. Lot's of heels around the 2-3 inch mark which still looks stylish without wrecking feet. Another tip is to get shoes with a micro platform sole which helps off set the heel height.

And my secret weapon to make higher heels wearable for longer periods is to spray your feet with Deep Freeze spray before putting shoes on and reapplying after a few hours if necessary.

I have osteoarthritis in my ankles and feet. I'll try the Deep Freeze thank you.

I'll try again. "

I was a dancer so my feet are ruined and ache constantly from various injuries over the years, I love wearing heels tho and can't bring myself to give them up totally so I tend to stick to kitten heels the majority of the time and always use the deep freeze trick for a night out or any occassion that calls for higher ones. M&S outlet stores had gorge 3" black sparkly classic courtshoes reduced to a fiver last week and I got really cute petrol blue velvet kitten heels for £8 the week before - both wide fit but definitely don't look it and really comfy on. Have you tried bridal/evening wear shops for shoes..... Bit more expensive than some high Street shops but the shoes are designed with comfort in mind and a good boutique will be able to suggest the best styles for you and often offer a shoe dying service so you can get any colour you fancy.....just scotchgard fabric shoes to protect them from rain/stains. Oh and Lexus shoes are worth looking at too x

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Why is it that as ladies age they tend to struggle with very high heels.. ?

Is it the preserve of the young?

Not many ladies past their prime seem to be able to wear high heels

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I like Fly London when on my feet all day at work

There's a lot of comfy looking work shoes. I was hoping for something that looked sexy, with a flat sole "

Oh, I'm no good with flat shoes - very high arches

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"Why is it that as ladies age they tend to struggle with very high heels.. ?

Not many ladies past their prime seem to be able to wear high heels "

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Next have a sole comfort range which are surprisingly comfortable, and they do some with lower heels. I love my wedges and block heels, they're so much more comfortable than stilettos.

Irregular Choice do a low heel too.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I actually quite like a women in more casual dress too.

Trainers can look just as sexy with the right combination of clothes and activity.

Even wellies or riding boots can, when combined with something like judphpurs. I love being down the stables

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"I actually quite like a women in more casual dress too.

Trainers can look just as sexy with the right combination of clothes and activity.

Even wellies or riding boots can, when combined with something like judphpurs. I love being down the stables "

Believe me, trainers would never look sexy on me.

I look frumpy in my flats as it is; in trainers I would look like Waynetta Slob.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Why is it that as ladies age they tend to struggle with very high heels.. ?

Not many ladies past their prime seem to be able to wear high heels "

Arthritis probably. Men don't have that problem as they don't tend to wear heels.

My weight isn't helping either, but I struggled with heels even when I was 9.5 stone.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

I'll try again.

I was a dancer so my feet are ruined and ache constantly from various injuries over the years, I love wearing heels tho and can't bring myself to give them up totally so I tend to stick to kitten heels the majority of the time and always use the deep freeze trick for a night out or any occassion that calls for higher ones. M&S outlet stores had gorge 3" black sparkly classic courtshoes reduced to a fiver last week and I got really cute petrol blue velvet kitten heels for £8 the week before - both wide fit but definitely don't look it and really comfy on. Have you tried bridal/evening wear shops for shoes..... Bit more expensive than some high Street shops but the shoes are designed with comfort in mind and a good boutique will be able to suggest the best styles for you and often offer a shoe dying service so you can get any colour you fancy.....just scotchgard fabric shoes to protect them from rain/stains. Oh and Lexus shoes are worth looking at too x"

I'll have to stick with a block or wide heel I think.

I can't have the pressure from a kitten heel on the ball of my foot.

It's been hard work trying to find a sexy shoe with a low heel that is block and not a pointed toe.

over a year ago

Have you looked a pixie boots? I have a lovely pair that I can wear them with anything.

over a year ago

"Have you looked a pixie boots? I have a lovely pair that I can wear them with anything. "

Sorry I got the wrong ones, I meant shoe boots.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Have you looked a pixie boots? I have a lovely pair that I can wear them with anything. "

I wanted a shoe really. I've been wearing boots since last Autumn and I don't feel sexy in them.

Mind you, if it's pouring with rain I'll probably need wellies.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Have you looked a pixie boots? I have a lovely pair that I can wear them with anything.

Sorry I got the wrong ones, I meant shoe boots. "

I've not heard of them.

over a year ago

As I guy I can’t really give an opinion on comfort but I recently had this debate with a friend and she argued she want to wear heels over flats as they look better... but in my opinion shoes are the last thing you look at, there’s a time and place for heels but personally I like seeing someone whos comfortable and happy to be themselves and not limited by their footwear (however everyone can dress and do whatever they want / and/ are comfy with)

By *erdy NancyWoman
over a year ago

East Devon

Try Mona Flying or Josef Seibel comfy flat shoes

By *erdy NancyWoman
over a year ago

East Devon

"Try Mona Flying or Josef Seibel comfy flat shoes "

That look great too

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"As I guy I can’t really give an opinion on comfort but I recently had this debate with a friend and she argued she want to wear heels over flats as they look better... but in my opinion shoes are the last thing you look at, there’s a time and place for heels but personally I like seeing someone whos comfortable and happy to be themselves and not limited by their footwear (however everyone can dress and do whatever they want / and/ are comfy with) "

I've never felt sexy in flat shoes though.

There are loads of nice flat shoes for work or a shopping trip, but not for meeting someone for a drink or coffee.

I'll have to go with smart casual.

over a year ago

"As I guy I can’t really give an opinion on comfort but I recently had this debate with a friend and she argued she want to wear heels over flats as they look better... but in my opinion shoes are the last thing you look at, there’s a time and place for heels but personally I like seeing someone whos comfortable and happy to be themselves and not limited by their footwear (however everyone can dress and do whatever they want / and/ are comfy with)

I've never felt sexy in flat shoes though.

There are loads of nice flat shoes for work or a shopping trip, but not for meeting someone for a drink or coffee.

I'll have to go with smart casual. "

I get that, 100% always wear what you feel sexy/ comfy in. Just for me personally the first thing I look at is eyes / facial attraction so if you walk in looking amazing the last thing I’m look at is your shoes

over a year ago

"Have you looked a pixie boots? I have a lovely pair that I can wear them with anything.

I've not heard of them."

Google them. Can be really sexy and classy, easy to wear and good fitting ones really comfy.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

I've not heard of them.

Google them. Can be really sexy and classy, easy to wear and good fitting ones really comfy. "

Do you mean the shoes with the sock bit at the top?

over a year ago

I've not heard of them.

Google them. Can be really sexy and classy, easy to wear and good fitting ones really comfy.

Do you mean the shoes with the sock bit at the top?"

No. I will see if I can find a good website.

over a year ago

Crocs..

Where comfort meets sexiness

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Crocs..

Where comfort meets sexiness "

I thought about blinging a pair up.

over a year ago

"Crocs..

Where comfort meets sexiness

I thought about blinging a pair up. "

Crocs actually do a couple of really nice pairs of wedges.

over a year ago

Converse all stars - long socks - sexy

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Converse all stars - long socks - sexy"

On a 20 year old maybe, not on me lol

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"Converse all stars - long socks - sexy"

I can't wear flat shoes or I'd be in green ones. X

over a year ago

I can't wear heels or any sort of heeled shoes - I'm crippled just thinking about them.

I can do boots but they have to be flat.

I've tried them all - they all hurt

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"I can't wear heels or any sort of heeled shoes - I'm crippled just thinking about them.

I've tried them all - they all hurt "

I'm going to try to focus all my sexiness above my knees, and hope he doesn't spot my shoes

over a year ago

"I can't wear heels or any sort of heeled shoes - I'm crippled just thinking about them.

I'm going to try to focus all my sexiness above my knees, and hope he doesn't spot my shoes "

Wear a really booby top - he won't notice your shoes

over a year ago

I'm going to try to focus all my sexiness above my knees, and hope he doesn't spot my shoes

Wear a really booby top - he won't notice your shoes "

Most men won't even realise that women have feet!

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Sure, ladies in trainers can look hot too

LvM

over a year ago

Nothing sexier than a man in socks and sandals naaaaat

over a year ago

Wear a really booby top - he won't notice your shoes

Most men won't even realise that women have feet! "

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The first thing I notice is the shoes a women is wearing.

I have a foot fetish or a shoe fetish. Not sure which but it is so important

over a year ago

"The first thing I notice is the shoes a women is wearing.

I have a foot fetish or a shoe fetish. Not sure which but it is so important "

The foot is the thing that goes inside the shoe, hope this helps. X

over a year ago

I like comfy shoes. My Flowery Cath Kidston pumps got a lot of attention.

I can't wear anything other than comfy shoes because of my ankle I broke

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"The first thing I notice is the shoes a women is wearing.

I have a foot fetish or a shoe fetish. Not sure which but it is so important

The foot is the thing that goes inside the shoe, hope this helps. X"

It's the combination Jeans..

Shoes on there own no

Feet on there own no

Women in heels yes..

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Anything below a 4 inch stilleto does not count in my world.

And that's a man's 4 inches..

Not a woman's 4 inches..

over a year ago

"Kurt geiger shoes I find don't kill my feet

I also find wedges better than stilettos too although not as sexy or I have a par of thigh high boots with a slightly thicker heel which are not too bad "

Kurt geiger I had was on a narrow side. So that's something to be mindful of.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Anything below a 4 inch stilleto does not count in my world.

And that's a man's 4 inches..

Not a woman's 4 inches.."

Thanks for the reassurance Tom.

Crocs it is.

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"I like comfy shoes. My Flowery Cath Kidston pumps got a lot of attention.

I can't wear anything other than comfy shoes because of my ankle I broke"

I'm too old for cute pumps

over a year ago

"I like comfy shoes. My Flowery Cath Kidston pumps got a lot of attention.

I can't wear anything other than comfy shoes because of my ankle I broke

I'm too old for cute pumps "

Never too old for cute pumps

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'll come back to this for inspo.

I can't wear heels because of my bad back.

If I want to do sexy, I have flat over the knee boots.

And one pair of heels I feel safe enough to wear to bed lol

I live in Skechers, definitely not sexy... They ought to branch out. Heels/platforms with memory foam. Bliss

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Heels can be sexy but some women cannot walk in them and look like a gunslinger in a western movie

It's very rare that older women can carry off the walk..

4inch heels in their Twenties

3 inch heels in their thirties

Two inch heels in their forties..

Women in 50s.. give up

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

"Heels can be sexy but some women cannot walk in them and look like a gunslinger in a western movie

It's very rare that older women can carry off the walk..

4inch heels in their Twenties

3 inch heels in their thirties

Two inch heels in their forties..

Women in 50s.. give up

"

Unlike men, who can walk in 6 inches into their 80s.

By *eivers101Couple
over a year ago

Carlisle

I'll try again.

I was a dancer so my feet are ruined and ache constantly from various injuries over the years, I love wearing heels tho and can't bring myself to give them up totally so I tend to stick to kitten heels the majority of the time and always use the deep freeze trick for a night out or any occassion that calls for higher ones. M&S outlet stores had gorge 3" black sparkly classic courtshoes reduced to a fiver last week and I got really cute petrol blue velvet kitten heels for £8 the week before - both wide fit but definitely don't look it and really comfy on. Have you tried bridal/evening wear shops for shoes..... Bit more expensive than some high Street shops but the shoes are designed with comfort in mind and a good boutique will be able to suggest the best styles for you and often offer a shoe dying service so you can get any colour you fancy.....just scotchgard fabric shoes to protect them from rain/stains. Oh and Lexus shoes are worth looking at too x

It's been hard work trying to find a sexy shoe with a low heel that is block and not a pointed toe.

"

Soooooo in our local(ish.... It's about 12 miles away driving but where I (Jane) currently work lol) M&S they've got a 1 3/4" block heel in rose gold glitter for a fiver a pair! Definitely a bargain and very definitely cute so well worth a shot! I resisted as I've already got several pairs of glittery shoes in my collection but tempted is an understatement! X

By *ad Nanna OP   Woman
over a year ago

East London

I'll try again.

Soooooo in our local(ish.... It's about 12 miles away driving but where I (Jane) currently work lol) M&S they've got a 1 3/4" block heel in rose gold glitter for a fiver a pair! Definitely a bargain and very definitely cute so well worth a shot! I resisted as I've already got several pairs of glittery shoes in my collection but tempted is an understatement! X"

I'll have a look if I can find them online. Thank you

By *eivers101Couple
over a year ago

Carlisle

I'll try again.

Soooooo in our local(ish.... It's about 12 miles away driving but where I (Jane) currently work lol) M&S they've got a 1 3/4" block heel in rose gold glitter for a fiver a pair! Definitely a bargain and very definitely cute so well worth a shot! I resisted as I've already got several pairs of glittery shoes in my collection but tempted is an understatement! X

I'll have a look if I can find them online. Thank you "

Not sure if they do outlet stuff online but definitely worth a look or finding your nearest outlet store to visit.....why pay silly money when there's bargains to be had lol x

Post new Message to Thread