Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Guilty Until Proven Innocent!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was sent an interesting link via Facebook regarding the alleged murderer of Tia Sharpe. Up until I received this link I was pretty convinced that this man was guilty. But there are so many holes in this whole investigation, I am now not so sure. This man is guilty before proven innocent, he s_ands no chance!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sadly often the way. How is a jury supposed to be objective. The media have alot to answer for

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

They will need physical evidence or a confession to get a reasonable chance of conviction....if there truly are holes in the investigation they will soon be found out.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Often the way that people will judge and decide long before any court case where actual evidence either way is tested..

never assume anything, lest one day one of yours or you be 'the one'..

whoever murdered the poor girl deserves the full penalty under the law..

over a year ago

Reminiscent of the Joanna Yates' case at the end of 2010. The landlord was slaughtered by the media and a large percentage of the general public believed he was guilty by the way the media portrayed him. He was proved to be innocent but not after his reputation was completely shredded.

over a year ago

very interesting.

i dont use facebook so cannot read this.

it does surprise me sometimes what we hear happens when people get fitted up.

i remember that poor school teacher in bristol who the press tore apart when that woman was killed over christmas a few years back just because he was her landlord.

doesnt matter how much compensation he got because people never forget a face and your ruined.

if the police have made mistakes and got it wrong in this one i hope they are dealt with and the senior officers sacked.

over a year ago

"very interesting.

i remember that poor school teacher in bristol who the press tore apart when that woman was killed over christmas a few years back just because he was her landlord.

Do you mean you can't read the link?

doesnt matter how much compensation he got because people never forget a face and your ruined.

if the police have made mistakes and got it wrong in this one i hope they are dealt with and the senior officers sacked."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Reminiscent of the Joanna Yates' case at the end of 2010. The landlord was slaughtered by the media and a large percentage of the general public believed he was guilty by the way the media portrayed him. He was proved to be innocent but not after his reputation was completely shredded."

yep, and the sad thing is there will still be some despite all the facts proving him totally innocent who will think otherwise..

over a year ago

"very interesting.

if the police have made mistakes and got it wrong in this one i hope they are dealt with and the senior officers sacked."

Do you mean you can't see the link?

over a year ago

with a projected trial date of january 2013, both the defence and the prosecution have ample time to construct their case and find fault with the 'oppositions'

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"with a projected trial date of january 2013, both the defence and the prosecution have ample time to construct their case and find fault with the 'oppositions'"

And until that date none of us will actually know the details of what they have found.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

He hasn't faced trial yet....and already we are talking about sacking police officers for maybe getting it wrong.

It was only a week ago, plenty of time to find he hasn't done it after all or find an alternative suspect.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"with a projected trial date of january 2013, both the defence and the prosecution have ample time to construct their case and find fault with the 'oppositions'"

Alternatively we could sack the investigating officers and lawyers and consult Facebook members instead....it's full of barrack room lawyers on FB.

over a year ago

"with a projected trial date of january 2013, both the defence and the prosecution have ample time to construct their case and find fault with the 'oppositions'

Alternatively we could sack the investigating officers and lawyers and consult Facebook members instead....it's full of barrack room lawyers on FB.

"

i've seen enough of it on here

heaven knows what it's like on FB with it's much larger membership base

another justification for me staying away from the place

over a year ago

I'd love to read your facebook message, I don't see how anyone else could be responsible for her death? Dead bodies don't just turn up in the attic

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"I'd love to read your facebook message, I don't see how anyone else could be responsible for her death? Dead bodies don't just turn up in the attic "
well said and the grand mother knew nothing yerrrrrrr

over a year ago

"I'd love to read your facebook message, I don't see how anyone else could be responsible for her death? Dead bodies don't just turn up in the attic "

I will inbox you the link.

over a year ago

I can't message you cos I don't have a pic on my profile

over a year ago

the evidence should be there to prove either way so lets wait and see

over a year ago

The house is very small, how could 3 searches including highly trained dogs miss anything? And the accused was there at all 3 searches. If it was me I would have done a runner before the first search!

over a year ago

"I'd love to read your facebook message, I don't see how anyone else could be responsible for her death? Dead bodies don't just turn up in the attic

I can't message you cos I don't have a pic on my profile "

Lol ok hold on x

over a year ago

think ive posted on here before about this, but a friend of mine was acused of rape, he was found inocent, but it ruined his life

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The police will know if the body had been moved, or are you suggesting that someone else murdered her....then broke in without being disturbed, carrying a body, with the house surrounded by policemen and press, and managed to conceal the body in the attic and then escape without anyone seeing them?

Really?

over a year ago

"I'd love to read your facebook message, I don't see how anyone else could be responsible for her death? Dead bodies don't just turn up in the attic

Lol ok hold on x "

Try now x

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Something not right with this case, the body has still not been officially identified.

The worst case of getting it wrong in recent years, look at Colin stagg.

over a year ago

"Something not right with this case, the body has still not been officially identified.

The worst case of getting it wrong in recent years, look at Colin stagg. "

Yeah the whole identification thing is a bit weird

over a year ago

Lol ok hold on x

Try now x"

Okay!

over a year ago

"The police will know if the body had been moved, or are you suggesting that someone else murdered her....then broke in without being disturbed, carrying a body, with the house surrounded by policemen and press, and managed to conceal the body in the attic and then escape without anyone seeing them?

Really? "

The worrying thing about the case… or what has been reported so far… is how they managed to not find the body during 2 previous searches.

Neighbours have reported two police officers were seen taking a rolled up carpet into the premises and suspicions raised further when they noted it was an antique Persian Afshar rug in the Vase design (circa 1920); the family bought all of their rugs from Argos. The ‘authorities’ seem to be reluctant to make a connection between these statements and the empty space in the centre of the chief constable’s livingroom floor.

It does make you wonder.

over a year ago

"The police will know if the body had been moved, or are you suggesting that someone else murdered her....then broke in without being disturbed, carrying a body, with the house surrounded by policemen and press, and managed to conceal the body in the attic and then escape without anyone seeing them?

Really? "

How did it get missed 3 times then?

over a year ago

"Reminiscent of the Joanna Yates' case at the end of 2010. The landlord was slaughtered by the media and a large percentage of the general public believed he was guilty by the way the media portrayed him. He was proved to be innocent but not after his reputation was completely shredded."

yeah i agree.

its the problem with the current age of communication, there is often no objectivity, just a pack mentality of hate driven by the media looking to sensationalise and sell papers, before anything is proven.

i for one always keep am open mind until proven otherwise.

ok, if he is guilty then he deserves everything he gets.

over a year ago

Really?

The worrying thing about the case… or what has been reported so far… is how they managed to not find the body during 2 previous searches.

Neighbours have reported two police officers were seen taking a rolled up carpet into the premises and suspicions raised further when they noted it was an antique Persian Afshar rug in the Vase design (circa 1920); the family bought all of their rugs from Argos. The ‘authorities’ seem to be reluctant to make a connection between these statements and the empty space in the centre of the chief constable’s livingroom floor.

It does make you wonder."

No it wasn't Argos, it definitely said they were mostly car boot sales!!

over a year ago

"The house is very small, how could 3 searches including highly trained dogs miss anything? And the accused was there at all 3 searches. If it was me I would have done a runner before the first search!"

i am sure i read this somewhere but may be wrong, that these houses are ones where the attics are connected without any division and that maybe the body was concealed over a neighbours property???

also, we dont know how teh body was concealed.

if you went up in my loft it would take you a some time to find anything, its packed full of all sorts of stuff.

over a year ago

Really?

It does make you wonder.

No it wasn't Argos, it definitely said they were mostly car boot sales!!"

They sell Argos stuff on car boots too

By *ypnoprincessCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

Really?

How did it get missed 3 times then?"

Signs of decomp could of given a clue, that weren't there on the earlier searches

over a year ago

"very interesting.

if the police have made mistakes and got it wrong in this one i hope they are dealt with and the senior officers sacked.

Do you mean you can't see the link?"

yes mam

over a year ago

Really?

It does make you wonder.

No it wasn't Argos, it definitely said they were mostly car boot sales!!

They sell Argos stuff on car boots too "

Yep but a much bigger bargain is found at a car boot sale

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Reports did say the lofts might be connected

Tha accused came under suspicion when he spoke about Tia in the past tense

over a year ago

"Reports did say the lofts might be connected

Tha accused came under suspicion when he spoke about Tia in the past tense"

That was the original assumption but I watched the inter_iew again and he definitely says he loves her!

over a year ago

Only 37?! He looks at least 5-6 older than me. Or is that just wishful thinking. lol

I see the grandmother and neighbour have been warned not to go back to the area for fear of attack. Daft how some folk are so sure they are guilty already.

over a year ago

"Only 37?! He looks at least 5-6 older than me. Or is that just wishful thinking. lol

I see the grandmother and neighbour have been warned not to go back to the area for fear of attack. Daft how some folk are so sure they are guilty already. "

That's the media for you!!

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Tha accused came under suspicion when he spoke about Tia in the past tense

That was the original assumption but I watched the inter_iew again and he definitely says he loves her!"

I think that's the quote that sealed it for me, sex with three generations of the same family springs to mind

over a year ago

"Only 37?! He looks at least 5-6 older than me. Or is that just wishful thinking. lol

I see the grandmother and neighbour have been warned not to go back to the area for fear of attack. Daft how some folk are so sure they are guilty already.

That's the media for you!!"

both have been implicated with the case

irregardless of the national media, local feeling is likely to be running high

i think staying away would be common sense

the police have a duty to protect and a warning to stay away serves as protection to both the individuals safety and also the integrity of the case

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Yep...I bet the media hounds are hacking his families phones as we speak..

It doesnt look good for him..or the Grand mother and unless a total stranger murdered Kia and dumped her body in his attic then someone from that family is going to go down..

It always makes me laugh,the idiot mob who chase the prisons buses screaming abuse..when the prisoners are on their way to the trail..

The Sunday papers should be interesting..the press are bound to have found some 'source close the the accused' looking for their 15 minutes of fame who will tell their 'story'...

Guilty?..yeh I reckon so..both of them...(and how the fuck was she given bail???)lets just hope the ol bill are not too over zealous when it comes to putting a case together..as if

By *andcCouple
over a year ago

London and Cheshire

While true, there is one difference she wasn't found in his attic!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

That's the media for you!!"

I don't really see any difference between the media and forums on social networks sites stirring it all up

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Tha accused came under suspicion when he spoke about Tia in the past tense"

I dont know for sure...but I wouldnt have thought houses that new would have interconnected lofts..

But heres a scenario...the neighbour murdered the girl..had the body in his house and then put her in next doors loft?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I don't really see any difference between the media and forums on social networks sites stirring it all up"

Some might even say that Social Network sites like Facebook can prove more harmful and troublesome than the media...

There is a whole generation where the vast majority are more influenced by sites like Facebook than any newspaper.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I don't really see any difference between the media and forums on social networks sites stirring it all up

Some might even say that Social Network sites like Facebook can prove more harmful and troublesome than the media...

There is a whole generation where the vast majority are more influenced by sites like Facebook than any newspaper."

over a year ago

i guess you could take anything apart and make it look good,bad,right or wrong if you wanted to.

over a year ago

Something else which didn't make the mainstream newspapers......

On Monday one of the CID officers slipped up when he was overheard saying they had not completely ruled out another suspect who was not connected to the family. Although no connection has been confirmed, an elderly bearded male was apprehended at Gatwick attempting to travel to Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut, Canada. It is thought he may have been heading for the Arctic. His luggage was confiscated by airport security and is reported to have contained large sacks (possibly similar to those used to conceal Tia’s body) and chimney ascending equipment and a list of childrens names. it is not yet known if the name Tia appeared on the list.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"i guess you could take anything apart and make it look good,bad,right or wrong if you wanted to."

agreed, I choose not to though as I am not a detective, lawyer, forensic scientist or judge.

over a year ago

I don't really see any difference between the media and forums on social networks sites stirring it all up"

Ahhhh there is a huge difference.

The media are monitored and often get spanked for making shit up.

over a year ago

Ok I read it, thanks ruby, took me ages!! I think some of her theories are a bit far fetched! I still think he's guilty and I think the grandmother has something to do with it too. If those attics are connected it would make sense the neighbour being arrested. Mine is chocka block with stuff so it wouldn't surprise me if the police were lazy in their search if theirs was the same. Can they get the dogs up there??

So only time will tell, there's no way anyone else had something to do with it, for this woman to suggest the body was planted is ludicrous!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My loft and next doors loft where connected just got a very thin board across it, well thats what ive been told as ive never been up here. When i lived in Leicester you could almost get down the street through the lofts.

I cant remember his name but the foster father that was acuused of murder, i never did think he had done it. No doubt time will tell. He may be covering for someone he may not. We dont even know how she died yet or that it is her do we?

over a year ago

"with a projected trial date of january 2013, both the defence and the prosecution have ample time to construct their case and find fault with the 'oppositions'

And until that date none of us will actually know the details of what they have found."

Apart from the fact that she was found in her grandmother's attic and that her body had been moved several times before it was discovered.

Not many people have access to that particular attic and it can be narrowed down to probably one of two people.

The grandmother looks like a sour-faced old hag and she's shagging her daughter's ex so I would put it past her to be guilty of collusion but my money is on the boyfriend. He ran and then hid when police helicopters had pinpointed him. Innocent men don't do that.

over a year ago

** wouldn't put it past her

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

And people are listening to what is written on facebook why????? A little girl has been killed ... it is up to the police to identify her killer and to ensure the justice system hangs them out to dry. I never listen to all the tripe that gets printed, if there are hard facts and evidence to convict then convict they will.

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

"I was sent an interesting link via Facebook regarding the alleged murderer of Tia Sharpe. Up until I received this link I was pretty convinced that this man was guilty. But there are so many holes in this whole investigation, I am now not so sure. This man is guilty before proven innocent, he s_ands no chance!"

Unless you had full disclosure from the prosecution, then you wouldnt know what evidence they have against him. I believe the defence dont even know yet.

over a year ago

"I was sent an interesting link via Facebook regarding the alleged murderer of Tia Sharpe. Up until I received this link I was pretty convinced that this man was guilty. But there are so many holes in this whole investigation, I am now not so sure. This man is guilty before proven innocent, he s_ands no chance!"

He's guilty because he's guilty. Innocent men don't go on the lamb.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I completely agree with you - innocent until proven guilty. What purpose would the British Justice System have if we could not base trials on that premise.

over a year ago

"I was sent an interesting link via Facebook regarding the alleged murderer of Tia Sharpe. Up until I received this link I was pretty convinced that this man was guilty. But there are so many holes in this whole investigation, I am now not so sure. This man is guilty before proven innocent, he s_ands no chance!

He's guilty because he's guilty. Innocent men don't go on the lamb."

Well until there is a trial, nobody can say guilty or innocent. I am not totally convinced myself but the truth will out eventually.

over a year ago

"And people are listening to what is written on facebook why????? A little girl has been killed ... it is up to the police to identify her killer and to ensure the justice system hangs them out to dry. I never listen to all the tripe that gets printed, if there are hard facts and evidence to convict then convict they will."

It was a link that was sent to me via Facebook, but if I am honest I had made my own mind up when I saw the inter_iew.

over a year ago

And until that date none of us will actually know the details of what they have found.

Apart from the fact that she was found in her grandmother's attic and that her body had been moved several times before it was discovered.

Not many people have access to that particular attic and it can be narrowed down to probably one of two people.

The grandmother looks like a sour-faced old hag and she's shagging her daughter's ex so I would put it past her to be guilty of collusion but my money is on the boyfriend. He ran and then hid when police helicopters had pinpointed him. Innocent men don't do that."

He didn't "hide", he went into a newsagents and also asked various people if they had seen Tia.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"I was sent an interesting link via Facebook regarding the alleged murderer of Tia Sharpe. Up until I received this link I was pretty convinced that this man was guilty. But there are so many holes in this whole investigation, I am now not so sure. This man is guilty before proven innocent, he s_ands no chance!

He's guilty because he's guilty. Innocent men don't go on the lamb."

aye,and what about those shifty eyes,and the limp.

that'll do for me,hang him high.

speculation in such cases,involving the media,should be controlled by law.

all to often the media demonise suspects,raking through every aspect of their lives.

the press can dedicate pages upon, pages,for weeks on end,pointing the finger of guilt,making even the most innocent of pursuits,sound sordid or weird,turning every molehill into a mountain.

if the suspect is later found innocent,a five line apology,on page seven,under the phones4u advert,is deemed sufficient,it's just not right.

often the persons life,is left in ruin,their former life never retrieved.

few peoples lives could survive this kind of scrutiny,when every fact is twisted,and sensationalised,to their extreme detriment.

all to shift an extra few copies,in the morning rush.

whether this guy is innocent,or guilty.the law must be changed,preventing the press from crucifying innocent suspects,prior to any legal trial,and subsequent judgement.

it's nice to have freedom of speech,but when it amounts to speculative slander,it's not right.

if the press cannot report in a responsible manner,then the law should ensure it.

over a year ago

There are always going to be stories coming out on different theories and these stories gain momentum theough the internet and social networking sites.

Noone has access to all the information apart from the investigating officers and I very much doubt that any of us on here are involved in the case.

Just see how it develops but those professionals dealing with this will hopefully bring about justice

over a year ago

I am not about to say the press act responsibly, but they generally do indicate (albeit by subtle differences in wording) what is speculation, what is fact, and what is “one source told us” which could be someone standing in the queue at the chippy. … but people will only read what they want to read, no matter how it is worded.

People have always speculated, whether that be over the garden gate or over the internet. The difference the internet has made is the gossiping doesn’t stop at the end of the street. People not in the media are free to type anything they want to a wider circulation of readers than the local rag.

I no longer believe it is the media who can and do cause the most damage. Even if the media reported nothing... there would still be shit on the internet about it.

over a year ago

He's guilty because he's guilty. Innocent men don't go on the lamb.

aye,and what about those shifty eyes,and the limp.

that'll do for me,hang him high.

speculation in such cases,involving the media,should be controlled by law.

all to often the media demonise suspects,raking through every aspect of their lives.

the press can dedicate pages upon, pages,for weeks on end,pointing the finger of guilt,making even the most innocent of pursuits,sound sordid or weird,turning every molehill into a mountain.

if the suspect is later found innocent,a five line apology,on page seven,under the phones4u advert,is deemed sufficient,it's just not right.

often the persons life,is left in ruin,their former life never retrieved.

few peoples lives could survive this kind of scrutiny,when every fact is twisted,and sensationalised,to their extreme detriment.

all to shift an extra few copies,in the morning rush.

whether this guy is innocent,or guilty.the law must be changed,preventing the press from crucifying innocent suspects,prior to any legal trial,and subsequent judgement.

it's nice to have freedom of speech,but when it amounts to speculative slander,it's not right.

if the press cannot report in a responsible manner,then the law should ensure it.

"

That's all well and good but he went on the run. And the next day the body of a child is found in his attic. Innocent men wouldn't do that.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i can see what yous are saying about internet speculation.but as yous know,nobody believes anything they read on it.

i hear there's a swingers sight on there,where some of the birds are blokes.

there was a case last year,where the caretaker was in the frame,the newspapers slaughtered the poor guy,worked out he was totally innocent.

now i come to think about it,i'm pretty sure scooby doo was involved in that case.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Didn't take long for the conspiracy theorists to come out of the woodwork! Could have at least awaited the trial!

I would wager that the police, defence and prosecution don't know most of the facts at the moment, so how some link from Facebook would know is beyond me!

As for the lofts? As I understand it, it is illegal to still have interconnected lofts in houses? It creates a space for a fire at one end to travel unseen to the other end and burn all on its way!

Personally, yes I think on balance of where she was found and who would have had access, the boyfriend did it!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

Really?

It does make you wonder."

aha you almost had me there,but i looked,and the rugs are made in bromley,and the vases milton keyne.

although the chief constable does have a shifty look,not a complete innocent i'll wager hmmmmmmm.

Post new Message to Thread