Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Chicken

Jump to newest

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Is it all that?

Mass produced, factory farmed, has chicken lost its flavour because we mass produce birds that are bred to be slaughtered in 5-6 weeks...?

Would it be better to eat something else?

What are the best alternatives to tasteless chicken?

I’m saying this as last night we had chicken from a butcher much better, chicken and bacon salad with honey and mustard dressing.

It tasted ok...

But I find chicken just doesn’t do it for me much now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I agree. I used to eat a lot of chicken during the week but it definitely doesn’t taste the same. I seem to have replaced it with salmon a lot.

Pork though, seems to taste a lot better than it used to.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

All depends on where you buy it from, doesn't it, agreed the supermarket stuff can be tasteless though

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just down to how and where you source it to be honest ...

over a year ago

I haven't got a problem with chicken from supermarkets. Roasted, still moist, crispy skin, tasty.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Need to get it from your local butcher then .

And they will have the time to explain exactly where its from

over a year ago

"Need to get it from your local butcher then .

And they will have the time to explain exactly where its from "

An egg?

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"All depends on where you buy it from, doesn't it, agreed the supermarket stuff can be tasteless though"

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"I agree. I used to eat a lot of chicken during the week but it definitely doesn’t taste the same. I seem to have replaced it with salmon a lot.

Pork though, seems to taste a lot better than it used to. "

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Need to get it from your local butcher then .

And they will have the time to explain exactly where its from "

I do this

over a year ago

west here ford shire

I live in an area dominated by battery farming of chickens, what you eat in supermarkets is a specially bred chicken.

This breed couldn’t live to adulthood, this is because they are bred to be twice the size of a normal breed and their heart would not be able to cope, this breed was introduced by the man who founded sun valley and battery farming..

Millions are slaughtered each week to sustain the demand by supermarkets.

Their lifespan is 5-6 weeks!!!!

It’s disgusting & disgraceful..

over a year ago

Ours are all organically fed & free range, as are our eggs and all farm meat, Wouldnt have it any other way.

Certainly wouldnt put supermarket meat or eggs or the European imported meat that is injected full of saltwater/saline of on my plate (thats the white crap that runs out your foreign chicken when its cooked .

The taste is soooo much better fresh and local.

Alot of butchers sell imported but 'packaged in the uk' chicken too so always ask which farm its from if its advertised as 'local british' a good butcher will tell you exactly where the meat has come from.

over a year ago

"Ours are all organically fed & free range, as are our eggs and all farm meat, Wouldnt have it any other way.

Certainly wouldnt put supermarket meat or eggs or the European imported meat that is injected full of saltwater/saline of on my plate (thats the white crap that runs out your foreign chicken when its cooked .

Alot of butchers sell imported but 'packaged in the uk' chicken too so always ask which farm its from if its advertised as 'local british' a good butcher will tell you exactly where the meat has come from. "

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Ours are all organically fed & free range, as are our eggs and all farm meat, Wouldnt have it any other way.

Alot of butchers sell imported but 'packaged in the uk' chicken too so always ask which farm its from if its advertised as 'local british' a good butcher will tell you exactly where the meat has come from. "

over a year ago

west here ford shire

Now I’m also going to mention lamb, why do we have to eat lamb?

Mutton slow cooked is equally as good, and the poor creature at least gets to live awhile.

By *AABMan
over a year ago

Not far

"I live in an area dominated by battery farming of chickens, what you eat in supermarkets is a specially bred chicken.

This breed couldn’t live to adulthood, this is because they are bred to be twice the size of a normal breed and their heart would not be able to cope, this breed was introduced by the man who founded sun valley and battery farming..

"

It’s horrendous isn’t it. We will only buy free range organic chicken. Yes it costs quite a bit more but we just eat less and maybe supplement with halloumi. There’s a big difference in quality too. Everyday value chicken boils rather than frys due to the amount of water pumped into it and the meat itself has so much less substance to it than the organic.

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"I live in an area dominated by battery farming of chickens, what you eat in supermarkets is a specially bred chicken.

It’s horrendous isn’t it. We will only buy free range organic chicken. Yes it costs quite a bit more but we just eat less and maybe supplement with halloumi. There’s a big difference in quality too. Everyday value chicken boils rather than frys due to the amount of water pumped into it and the meat itself has so much less substance to it than the organic."

Post new Message to Thread