Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gym Goals

Jump to newest

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Now that we're all hopefully back in the swing of things in the gym. What are your goals, both short and long term.

I'm currently working on hip abduction and my glutes to increase my squat stability. Also constantly working on increasing flexibility in the hip adductor I tore years ago. Pretty sure that's going to be a forever goal!

Long term I'm hoping to eventually be able to do a couple of unassisted pull ups so I'm slowly reducing the assistance.

How about you?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *avessMan
over a year ago

London

Increase hip flexibility during squuats (Tightened significantly during lockdown due to cycling!)

Achieve 200% bodyweight deadlift and improve power through plyo training are key for me!

Oh and biceps obvi. Because everyday is arm day.

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"Now that we're all hopefully back in the swing of things in the gym. What are your goals, both short and long term.

I'm currently working on hip abduction and my glutes to increase my squat stability. Also constantly working on increasing flexibility in the hip adductor I tore years ago. Pretty sure that's going to be a forever goal!

Long term I'm hoping to eventually be able to do a couple of unassisted pull ups so I'm slowly reducing the assistance.

How about you? "

Getting back to spin class and body pump and actually surviving them is my first goal

I need to tone up, get off my arse and move more x

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I'm genuinely not sure what my goals are, I don't have an ideal body weight or an ideal image of what I want my body to look like. At the minute, it feels like I'm just following a routine to improve my overall strength and bulk up a bit over time. It's slow, but going ok so far I guess.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd like to do a body building show next year, it was going to be this year....but obviously....lockdown put pay to that.

But 2022.....I'll be going on stage as a veteran and a novice

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t go to the gym as I’m too lazy

But if I did what would I need to do to reduce ‘hip dip’?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Keep using my weights more muscle

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Lose the lockdown pizza and chocolate belly

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not everyone is a gym bunny and vain water baby. Some of us are just happy being natural and who we are and dont change ourselves to suit others or to say " look at me i have abs"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gym goal lol need to go to one would just a massive goal lol

Reply privately

By *ongueandgroove555Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

I (mr) started in gym 4 wks ago with help of a personal trainer. Just want shape, nice ches,arms legs, look good in a T shirt. Gym stuff he sorts for me but struggling with what to eat. Also, even though he says be patient seeing results is very slow...yes I know it takes time.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Not everyone is a gym bunny and vain water baby. Some of us are just happy being natural and who we are and dont change ourselves to suit others or to say " look at me i have abs" "

Probally not worth posting in the gym gains thread then,?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I (mr) started in gym 4 wks ago with help of a personal trainer. Just want shape, nice ches,arms legs, look good in a T shirt. Gym stuff he sorts for me but struggling with what to eat. Also, even though he says be patient seeing results is very slow...yes I know it takes time. "

Without any hate im curious as to why you want "nice arms etc" and why are you not happy with how you are? You seem a genuine guy so why not just be happy being you?

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I (mr) started in gym 4 wks ago with help of a personal trainer. Just want shape, nice ches,arms legs, look good in a T shirt. Gym stuff he sorts for me but struggling with what to eat. Also, even though he says be patient seeing results is very slow...yes I know it takes time. "

It's the same thing with what to eat to be honest. You can't do a complete 180 on your diet and expect to maintain it because your body isn't used to it. I would start of with small things like swapping unhealthy snacks for healthy ones, and then slowly changing parts of your meal until it becomes normal. Good luck

Reply privately

By *ongueandgroove555Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"I (mr) started in gym 4 wks ago with help of a personal trainer. Just want shape, nice ches,arms legs, look good in a T shirt. Gym stuff he sorts for me but struggling with what to eat. Also, even though he says be patient seeing results is very slow...yes I know it takes time.

Without any hate im curious as to why you want "nice arms etc" and why are you not happy with how you are? You seem a genuine guy so why not just be happy being you?"

Thanks, I'm actually really happy with who and what I am. I think its that I like to have something to work towards, call it goal setting. I like to set myself a goal and achieve it be that work, life, personal etc. I'm very happy im my life at present so it's really about having things to work towards.

Reply privately

By *ixedDevilMan
over a year ago

Bootyville

I'm working towards staying on top of my diet and eating good consistently. I'm hoping to beat my deadlift and bench press PR's but I'm prioritising physio for my rotator cuff tear at the moment. I don't want to go in hard at the gym and reinjure my shoulder.

Reply privately

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Eventually I want to get my body fat ratio to less than 18%. Generally I'm just reducing my body fat, increasing my muscle mass, and increasing my basic metabolic rate. Luke

Reply privately

By *9 kisses.Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

Like most I want to loose the belly and general healthier lifestyle

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just building up some consistency and adjusting my diet at the moment.

I have goals in my head but not set out a written plan until I'm fully back in the swing of things.

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

A lot! Currently, to loose fat not a fan of my current body, so probs just cardio for a bit.

Focus on my deadlift/squat/bench to help overall strength, and because I enjoy them.

And improve my mobility.

.....he says sat eating Hobnobs

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"Not everyone is a gym bunny and vain water baby. Some of us are just happy being natural and who we are and dont change ourselves to suit others or to say " look at me i have abs" "

Who said people were doing it for others?

I’m doing it for myself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A lot! Currently, to loose fat not a fan of my current body, so probs just cardio for a bit.

Focus on my deadlift/squat/bench to help overall strength, and because I enjoy them.

And improve my mobility.

.....he says sat eating Hobnobs"

Yeah, but hobnobs are fit

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've just joined a new gym and I'm excited to get back into some proper cardio classes.

Id like to shed a few pounds of belly fat for the summer.

Long term I'm working towards achieving full splits so I'm doing lots of hip and hamstring exercises.

Oh and also to keep the depression demons at bay

Laurex

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The mental upside of exercise simply cannot be over stayed.

The difference you feel is unreal.

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

"A lot! Currently, to loose fat not a fan of my current body, so probs just cardio for a bit.

And improve my mobility.

Yeah, but hobnobs are fit"

This is a true fact yes

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a lifestyle I've lived longer than I haven't to be honest.

This is me and if I didn't train I wouldn't be myself.

I don't have any visible tattoos either but I would never judge anyone because they have them or even consider why they have them unless they wanted to tell me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Improve overall fitness and build muscle.

I'm also going to the gym because it gives me a place to go and a place to focus.

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

[Removed by poster at 17/05/21 16:48:30]

Reply privately

By *0astMan
over a year ago

Discovering

Returned to the gym last week after a lengthy lay off like most of us.

My main focus is flexibility. Very shocked at how working in front of a computer for months has such a bad impact on ones flexible movement.

Would be nice if I could manage 50 plus pull ups again but I think those days are gone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m currently trying to build my strength and size back up.

Short term - I guess I’m just getting into the groove of it perfecting form and getting used to handling the weights.

Long term - stronger and leaner than I was pre pandemic..

It’s going well and I’m really enjoying being back

it’s nice reading what others are up to

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I never kept fit for anyone but myself. It wasn't too achieve a certain look either.

It was just as much for mental health as well as physical.

Reply privately

By *kbradMan
over a year ago

thurrock

I'm working on a mix of things, probably a bit counterintuitive. But I mainly do cardio to get my stamina up, and flexibility as I buggered my knees by bouncing off the side of a van a few years back

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Increase hip flexibility during squuats (Tightened significantly during lockdown due to cycling!)

Achieve 200% bodyweight deadlift and improve power through plyo training are key for me!

Oh and biceps obvi. Because everyday is arm day. "

It's shocking how quickly you can stiffen up again! Good luck with the deadlifts

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Now that we're all hopefully back in the swing of things in the gym. What are your goals, both short and long term.

How about you?

Getting back to spin class and body pump and actually surviving them is my first goal

I need to tone up, get off my arse and move more x "

Surviving is a definite goal . Some of those classes are killer!

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm genuinely not sure what my goals are, I don't have an ideal body weight or an ideal image of what I want my body to look like. At the minute, it feels like I'm just following a routine to improve my overall strength and bulk up a bit over time. It's slow, but going ok so far I guess."

Gaining overall strength is a great goal to have! That's pretty much a constant goal of mine. I feel so much better day to day for it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just upper body tonning. I'm moving in 2 weeks to a new appratament where they have yoga classes in the community hub.

So look forward to that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Actually resemble the person in my pics again....beyond that not a clue till I get back and see what urge takes me

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'd like to do a body building show next year, it was going to be this year....but obviously....lockdown put pay to that.

But 2022.....I'll be going on stage as a veteran and a novice "

Lockdown scuppered my previous goals so I'm effectively starting again with some of them!

Best of luck in the competition!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Build up my cardio without injury!

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I don’t go to the gym as I’m too lazy

But if I did what would I need to do to reduce ‘hip dip’?

"

I'm afraid I'm pretty sure that's just an anatomy thing. In fact, if your quads became more pronounced it might make it more obvious. Sometimes you just have to embrace what you have instead of trying to fix what isn't broken .

Reply privately

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

I hurt my foot trying to do too many 10k in bad shoes in January and after failing to recover I've invested the £700 in orthotics and professional physio.

Seems that my left leg is slightly longer than the other and despite having pretty good looking muscular legs, I don't have quite enough strength in the right places.

So he's got be oding 100kg dead lifts and simlar gym routines, which I find so strange. I feel like I'm a twatty show off, but I'm doing what he told me to do! So odd doing just 5 reps of thais or that... But apparently that's the way to get back to weekly 10ks down country lanes.

Also as well as running though, I'm had bad lower back pain and stiffness for a decade, and hopefully it's actually all massively interconnected. I'm no longer getting up like an old man, that's for sure...

Also hoping to build my pecs a bit, and flatten out my belly, which hopefully will just be a side effect of healthy running.

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I didn't say they were . I'm definitely not doing this to please others. In fact I've had hate from men for strengthening my back muscles because they think women with muscular backs are unfeminine so I'm pretty sure I'm not pleasing them trying to do pull ups .

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Gym goal lol need to go to one would just a massive goal lol

"

That's still a goal . My first post lockdown goal was to just go to the gym and do something. Anything to break that initial gym anxiety .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not everyone is a gym bunny and vain water baby. Some of us are just happy being natural and who we are and dont change ourselves to suit others or to say " look at me i have abs"

I didn't say they were . I'm definitely not doing this to please others. In fact I've had hate from men for strengthening my back muscles because they think women with muscular backs are unfeminine so I'm pretty sure I'm not pleasing them trying to do pull ups ."

Remember the push-ups and hula hoops you were told about

Reply privately

By *arpePinguisWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

[Removed by poster at 17/05/21 17:06:13]

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It can be frustrating at first as you need to build things up slowly and work on correct form before getting into heavy weights so you don't injure yourself but then you can see some fairly rapid progress. Also pay attention to what weight your PT sets any machines to as I had a tendency yo not pay attention and therefore not always notifice my progress when I was seeing one.

As for what to eat, your PT should be able to help with that. It's also a bit of trial and error as we're all different. Personally I had to vastly increase my protein intake to enable my muscles to recover properly. I also make sure I get enough carbs on the day before I go to the gym so my muscles can store the fuel they need. Others do things differently though. Whatever works, works .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Focusing on cardio, trying to increase my durability when running or cycling and also on the rowing machines. For my legs, would love to grow my glutes, make them pop when I'm rocking my work trousers. And also get a bigger, wider chest.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ve given up on the summer body so it’s just going to be bulking and working in those gains for next year. Gimme all the food...

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I (mr) started in gym 4 wks ago with help of a personal trainer. Just want shape, nice ches,arms legs, look good in a T shirt. Gym stuff he sorts for me but struggling with what to eat. Also, even though he says be patient seeing results is very slow...yes I know it takes time.

Without any hate im curious as to why you want "nice arms etc" and why are you not happy with how you are? You seem a genuine guy so why not just be happy being you?

Thanks, I'm actually really happy with who and what I am. I think its that I like to have something to work towards, call it goal setting. I like to set myself a goal and achieve it be that work, life, personal etc. I'm very happy im my life at present so it's really about having things to work towards. "

I feel exactly the same. It gives me a great sense of personal satisfaction when I work towards a goal and achieve it! The gym is great for my mental health and I've really struggled during lockdown.

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm working towards staying on top of my diet and eating good consistently. I'm hoping to beat my deadlift and bench press PR's but I'm prioritising physio for my rotator cuff tear at the moment. I don't want to go in hard at the gym and reinjure my shoulder. "

Absolutely not worth reinjuring yourself. It will only slow you down more in the long run. I understand the frustration of working around injuries though when you feel like it's slowing down your progress. Progress is relative though .

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

My goals

To increase my strength and stamina and body/muscle mass.

Prefer to use weights and my own body weight to achieve this.

Reply privately

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

To actually go to the gym is my biggest goal atm

I have gym anxiety since last March. I don’t look the same and my fitness definitely isn’t the same. I wouldn’t even know where to start!

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"To actually go to the gym is my biggest goal atm

I have gym anxiety since last March. I don’t look the same and my fitness definitely isn’t the same. I wouldn’t even know where to start! "

I’ve not got there yet either. Let’s go together

Reply privately

By *kbradMan
over a year ago

thurrock

I have a body scanner in my gym, and I don't take it as gospel, as well as don't obsess over it. But it feels so good when you watch that muscle mass line go up, I also take regular photos at home (don't worry I don't constantly post to insta) to track my progress

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

260 deadlift

210 squat

120 push press

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have gym anxiety since last March. I don’t look the same and my fitness definitely isn’t the same. I wouldn’t even know where to start! "

I think this a bigger problem than people think at the moment. I have noticed that the gym I go to isn't as busy as it normally is and wondered if it was partly attributed to gum anxiety.

I was hesitant to go back to the gym after lock down as felt I had let myself go, but once back in the gym my anxieties disappeared.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have gym anxiety since last March. I don’t look the same and my fitness definitely isn’t the same. I wouldn’t even know where to start!

I think this a bigger problem than people think at the moment. I have noticed that the gym I go to isn't as busy as it normally is and wondered if it was partly attributed to gum anxiety.

I was hesitant to go back to the gym after lock down as felt I had let myself go, but once back in the gym my anxieties disappeared."

I remember going down to the weights area for the first time post lockdown and standing near the bench press machine. I felt so embarrassed cos most of the guys there were huge and I only started my gym journey weeks before lockdown. But I went for three days and now it's normal. Feel like one of the guys now

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

And improve my mobility.

.....he says sat eating Hobnobs"

Deadlifts and squats are great. I enjoy them too. I also enjoy chocolate hobnobs. Life os about balance .

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've just joined a new gym and I'm excited to get back into some proper cardio classes.

Id like to shed a few pounds of belly fat for the summer.

Long term I'm working towards achieving full splits so I'm doing lots of hip and hamstring exercises.

Oh and also to keep the depression demons at bay

Laurex"

Oh wow! Good luck with the splits! I used to be able to do that. Until a tore an adductor... So maybe add those to your list of stretches .

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

And improve my mobility.

Deadlifts and squats are great. I enjoy them too. I also enjoy chocolate hobnobs. Life os about balance . "

I'm ok at squats, but deadlifts are my thing I think, can easily just do deadlifts for a whole session. Lift up and down, keep it simple, suites me perfect haha.

I need a little more balance in one direction Haha

Reply privately

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I’ve not got there yet either. Let’s go together "

I know we all have to start somewhere but it’s so so hard isn’t it?! All my friends are very fit and leaps ahead of me. I know it’s not a competition but it does nothing for the ego when I’m panting and sweating from tying my laces and they’re looking like elegant gazelles on the tread mills and able to squat holding the weight of a small village

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"The mental upside of exercise simply cannot be over stayed.

The difference you feel is unreal."

I absolutely agree. I genuinely cried when the gyms closed the second time. It sounds dramatic but as much as I understood why, it was something that had kept me going. Especially with working so much throughout. It gave me something other than Covid and weeks that seemed to blur into each other with no end in sight to focus on. My stress levels definitely increased when I couldn't go to the gym.

Reply privately

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I was hesitant to go back to the gym after lock down as felt I had let myself go, but once back in the gym my anxieties disappeared.

"

I’m sure, like you, I will be fine once I’m there. I think you’re right, I imagine lots of people the same way at the moment. Hopefully as things go back to normal people will slot back into their usual selves and be able to pick up where they left off.

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Returned to the gym last week after a lengthy lay off like most of us.

My main focus is flexibility. Very shocked at how working in front of a computer for months has such a bad impact on ones flexible movement.

Would be nice if I could manage 50 plus pull ups again but I think those days are gone. "

This is very true! Our backs and glutes get so weak sat down all day too!

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I’m currently trying to build my strength and size back up.

Short term - I guess I’m just getting into the groove of it perfecting form and getting used to handling the weights.

Long term - stronger and leaner than I was pre pandemic..

It’s going well and I’m really enjoying being back

it’s nice reading what others are up to "

I'm glad to hear it's going well for you . Also glad you like the post . I'm enjoying reading others goals too.

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm working on a mix of things, probably a bit counterintuitive. But I mainly do cardio to get my stamina up, and flexibility as I buggered my knees by bouncing off the side of a van a few years back "

Ouch sorry to hear about the accident! Rehabbing injuries is slow and painful so you have my sympathy!

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Actually resemble the person in my pics again....beyond that not a clue till I get back and see what urge takes me"

I know what you mean about urges. Sometimes I just suddenly get an idea in my head that I want to do something and that's it, I'm on a mission .

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Increase hip flexibility during squuats (Tightened significantly during lockdown due to cycling!)

Oh and biceps obvi. Because everyday is arm day. "

Well done with the peddling.

Get yourself a foam roller too.

Check out this channel as she's amazing and stops me from getting sore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGEC27WoZa0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeEJQjx_NVg

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I hurt my foot trying to do too many 10k in bad shoes in January and after failing to recover I've invested the £700 in orthotics and professional physio.

Seems that my left leg is slightly longer than the other and despite having pretty good looking muscular legs, I don't have quite enough strength in the right places.

So he's got be oding 100kg dead lifts and simlar gym routines, which I find so strange. I feel like I'm a twatty show off, but I'm doing what he told me to do! So odd doing just 5 reps of thais or that... But apparently that's the way to get back to weekly 10ks down country lanes.

Also as well as running though, I'm had bad lower back pain and stiffness for a decade, and hopefully it's actually all massively interconnected. I'm no longer getting up like an old man, that's for sure...

Also hoping to build my pecs a bit, and flatten out my belly, which hopefully will just be a side effect of healthy running."

Ouch! Sorry about your foot!

It's so easy to end up with strength imbalances in your legs and it effects so much! It can completely throw off your posture. There's nothing wrong with heavy weight for low reps. When I'm trying to creep my strength up I sometimes go higher and just see how many reps I can squeeze out with decent form. Even if it's like 3. Then I aim for more the next time. Once I can do a full set at that weight I go up again. Works for me!

Strengthening my back and glute muscles has massively helped me with back stiffness. Mine used to be totally seized up at bed time but I don't have that anymore. Deadlifts are beneficial in so many ways including these so hopefully might help you there!

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Not everyone is a gym bunny and vain water baby. Some of us are just happy being natural and who we are and dont change ourselves to suit others or to say " look at me i have abs"

I didn't say they were . I'm definitely not doing this to please others. In fact I've had hate from men for strengthening my back muscles because they think women with muscular backs are unfeminine so I'm pretty sure I'm not pleasing them trying to do pull ups .

Remember the push-ups and hula hoops you were told about "

Best stick to womenzzz excercises.

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I’ve given up on the summer body so it’s just going to be bulking and working in those gains for next year. Gimme all the food..."

Nom nom nom nom

Reply privately

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

So, so happy to be back at the gym.

Did two classes this morning and I'm still buzzing.

My mental health probably benefits as much as, if not more than, my physical health

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Just going was my first goal after lockdown too! My advice is just do something you enjoy first time. Iy can just be some gentle stretching. Just getting through the doors is a big step after so long. It takes time to build your confidence back. Mine still isn't what it was but I'm getting there!

Reply privately

By *itt4PleasureMan
over a year ago

Woodbridge

I'm still working out at home as I would still be restricted to an hour only at the gym. I've only got a few free weights and not that heavy but it's been going really well.

I think consistency is the key but in particular I keep an eye on my waistline as if you lose that it can ruin your overall look. I concentrate on everything but really enjoy working on my abs and glutes and would like better legs.

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

And improve my mobility.

Deadlifts and squats are great. I enjoy them too. I also enjoy chocolate hobnobs. Life os about balance .

I'm ok at squats, but deadlifts are my thing I think, can easily just do deadlifts for a whole session. Lift up and down, keep it simple, suites me perfect haha.

I need a little more balance in one direction Haha"

I prefer deadlifts to squats too. I like squats but I think some people are built better for them. Deadlifts feel more natural and comfortable. Never good to stick too much in my comfort zone though!

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I know we all have to start somewhere but it’s so so hard isn’t it?! All my friends are very fit and leaps ahead of me. I know it’s not a competition but it does nothing for the ego when I’m panting and sweating from tying my laces and they’re looking like elegant gazelles on the tread mills and able to squat holding the weight of a small village "

If it helps, elegant is the last word I would use to describe myself in the gym .

Reply privately

over a year ago

My goal is to just get some motivation to go.

After that I don't set them

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

So I changed my training a bit to reduce time in a very busy gym. Now I just do deadlifts, squats, bench and pull-ups in the gym have a pt who comes to the house for weighted cardio and then a running partner plus solo trail running. My goals for remainder of 2021 are focused on stretching and good form, strength and speed

1. No injuries

2. 100k bench, squat and deadlift

3. 10 wide arm pull-ups

4. 5k in under 20mins

Reply privately

By *nked_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

So I’m going to the gym for a number of reasons

In no real order

- to look better for myself

- to look better for other people

- to have somewhere else to go and improve my mood

- to loose weight

- to get fitter

- to be happier

Luckily all my reasons feed into the next. I’m much happier since I got back in the gym, I’ve started to see a body shape change and at the moment I’m expecting it to be a good few months before I see a big change.

Once I’ve lost some more weight I will start weight lifting again on weekends and building up some muscle again. But I currently have a bad foot so limited from that but I have cardio I can do and I push myself a little further every couple of weeks and when I went from a couple of miles on the spin bike to 10 miles I was well chuffed. Next time I will push it to 12 miles and so on

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

My goals, in no particular order:

Lose weight

Build shoulders

Lose the bingo wings

Try and force my stupid leg to do something. Anything

Do things people tell me can't be done from a wheelchair

Reply privately

over a year ago

How about you? "

Unassisted pull ups. I want to be able to them the same as I can do press ups.

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/05/21 18:15:13]

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Long term physical and mental health.

More stability in long term injury, reduction in atrophy related to same.

Getting stronger - no specific goals, just progressively upping my goals

Enjoying the body I inhabit

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

And improve my mobility.

I need a little more balance in one direction Haha

I prefer deadlifts to squats too. I like squats but I think some people are built better for them. Deadlifts feel more natural and comfortable. Never good to stick too much in my comfort zone though! "

Me too I feel, I'm much more comfortable with them and therefore able to push myself a bit and also go for longer. Does help to mix it up though!keep the body working hard!

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

I know we all have to start somewhere but it’s so so hard isn’t it?! All my friends are very fit and leaps ahead of me. I know it’s not a competition but it does nothing for the ego when I’m panting and sweating from tying my laces and they’re looking like elegant gazelles on the tread mills and able to squat holding the weight of a small village "

My fitness level is at zero at the moment I’m not feeling very fit at all.

Building myself up to just get up and get there.

I do make myself laugh though trying to keep up with all the moves in some classes, was looking round thinking why aren’t I moving as quickly? Then thought yeah I’m twice their size

But I know it’ll feel great once I’m back

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bigger chest, bigger arms, wider back,thicker calves and stronger all round

Reply privately

By *iger-NWMan
over a year ago

Preston

Prefer a walk on the beach. Much healthier physically, mentally and spiritually.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Getting huge and making men cry when I walk into the weight room

I’m only half joking...

At the moment, get my muscle back (lost about 5kg of muscle weight in lockdown). Medium term, try out Olympic weightlifting and strongman (I’m already an experienced powerlifter). Long term compete in powerlifting again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Getting huge and making men cry when I walk into the weight room

I’m only half joking...

At the moment, get my muscle back (lost about 5kg of muscle weight in lockdown). Medium term, try out Olympic weightlifting and strongman (I’m already an experienced powerlifter). Long term compete in powerlifting again. "

Cry? I’m more likely to applaud. I follow a few strong women on social media. Megsquats and Bikerbiddie are good on Insta. Both do coaching too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Want to lose a stone for the summer, just doing loads of running and swimming at the gym I recently joined, not sure the best way to lose weight?

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Since I'm too broken for Rugby these days, my goal is "strong for an old bloke"...

Last week, I tore a lat doing farmer's Carries...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a half iron man near the end of July. Only started running again this week after a year off after partially tearing my patella tendon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m only half joking...

At the moment, get my muscle back (lost about 5kg of muscle weight in lockdown). Medium term, try out Olympic weightlifting and strongman (I’m already an experienced powerlifter). Long term compete in powerlifting again.

Cry? I’m more likely to applaud. I follow a few strong women on social media. Megsquats and Bikerbiddie are good on Insta. Both do coaching too. "

Nah the crying bit is deliberate. I’m not looking for applause, I’m looking for man tears

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m only half joking...

Cry? I’m more likely to applaud. I follow a few strong women on social media. Megsquats and Bikerbiddie are good on Insta. Both do coaching too.

Nah the crying bit is deliberate. I’m not looking for applause, I’m looking for man tears "

Also thanks for the coaching tips but I’ve been powerlifting for 12 years, worked under two international coaches, am a national referee and have my own coaching certification. Why would you assume I needed coaching tips

Reply privately

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

I’m only half joking...

Nah the crying bit is deliberate. I’m not looking for applause, I’m looking for man tears "

Greg and Amy Everett - Catalyst Athletics, both world class Olympic Lifting coaches. Both on insta. Totally Inspiring.

Highly recommended.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m only half joking...

Nah the crying bit is deliberate. I’m not looking for applause, I’m looking for man tears

Greg and Amy Everett - Catalyst Athletics, both world class Olympic Lifting coaches. Both on insta. Totally Inspiring.

Highly recommended. "

Thanks, however I’m going to be trying out Olympic lifting with a national coach from NZ who trains in a gym near me, in person.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

I’m only half joking...

Highly recommended.

Thanks, however I’m going to be trying out Olympic lifting with a national coach from NZ who trains in a gym near me, in person. "

I'm so envious.

Reply privately

over a year ago

After my 5th? Time back at the gym, I have to say my goal first and foremost is to regain muscle mobility because omg my muscles are cramped like a motherfucker

Reply privately

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

To actually get back to the gym, got to try and work out a time plan to actually do it.

Want to lose the weight I gained after I had a injury/surgery three years ago, just generally tone up the wobbly bits and define the curves

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Better definition of shoulders, back and thighs.

Progress is steady and ongoing. Can't wait to do new pictures

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gym for me it’s to stay fit and routine. But with new restrictions it’s nearly impossible to book a slot as it’s always fully booked. Unless I go between midnight and 6 in the morning

Reply privately

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

How about you? "

Use a leg press machine and place your feet high and as wide as you can,thatll wotk your hamstrings/glutes and adductors alot more....and putting your feet close together will hit your outer sweep(abductors) more than just placing feet central and neutral....obviously if your squatting with a barbell you wont have as much options feet placement ways...good luck

Reply privately

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Im just enjoying the fact gyms are open...thankfully ive a garage gym setup at home so ive been using it majority of the past yr or so...be consistant with my workouts....keep the head down and enjoy working harder smarter,cause getting injured is not good...folks...get on sone kinda program/split...may it be a 2 day or 3 day or a 4 or 5day a week split,may it be total body,push/pull,legs or an antagonist split....either way...goto failure when possible...and in some cases,beyond failure...have fun and enjoy the journey

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/05/21 21:50:20]

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Bigger chest, bigger arms, wider back,thicker calves and stronger all round

A vain look at me type then looking so unatural to show off under the misguided idea that it looks attractive is exactly why gym users get a bad name."

What a deeply unpleasant thing to say about someone you presumably do not know. Completely uncalled for.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I’m only half joking...

Reply privately

over a year ago

To not break myself anymore this year and end the year in one piece so I can prep and compete again next year.

Perilously close to a 300kg squat, 300kg deadlift and 200kg bench in January before it all went wrong.

Next year I aim to hit and pass all of the above numbers

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

You're on the wrong thread then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"[Removed by poster at 17/05/21 21:50:20]"

Too late.

Reply privately

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"Want to lose a stone for the summer, just doing loads of running and swimming at the gym I recently joined, not sure the best way to lose weight? "

Best way and only way is to be in a calorue deficit....may it be with your diet just or with the aid of cardio...best obviously is both...but if your looking to keep or build some muscle then do resistance training too..hope this gives a little insite

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did it ever occur that people do this for their own wellbeing and not to appear a certain way for others?

This isn't the first thread you've had a downer on those who exercise, you always chip in with a negative comment.

However, if I remember rightly you said on another thread you run and have done marathons.

Why do you run?

Is it for your own personal satisfaction?

Does it make you feel good?

Just like it does for all those above.

Reply privately

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Long term goal: better mental health

My other goals are to lose weight/the belly - which is happening slowly

I am also working on getting back to my pre-covid level of fitness. It badly affected my lungs so I need to build up my endurance again

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm focusing on strength and toning... I want to do pull ups by the end of the year.. I'm currently using around half my weight to assist me at the moment

I'm also hoping to get back to my pb on the leg press, but it seems a long journey at the moment... I know it's incrementally harder to maintain as you get older, so gutted to have missed a year

I'm definitely not enjoying looking in the mirror.. But i have bought new gym kit, so hopefully I'll stay focussed

Reply privately

over a year ago

Feel comfortable in my skin after a year of losing my routines and habits.

Probably a big one for me it to improve my posture as I’ve caught myself standing even slouching after all this sitting around.

So a lot of back training which just so happens to be my favourite

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm focusing on strength and toning... I want to do pull ups by the end of the year.. I'm currently using around half my weight to assist me at the moment

I'm also hoping to get back to my pb on the leg press, but it seems a long journey at the moment... I know it's incrementally harder to maintain as you get older, so gutted to have missed a year

I'm definitely not enjoying looking in the mirror.. But i have bought new gym kit, so hopefully I'll stay focussed "

Oh my leg press pb is a stupid amount away

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"I'm focusing on strength and toning... I want to do pull ups by the end of the year.. I'm currently using around half my weight to assist me at the moment

I'm definitely not enjoying looking in the mirror.. But i have bought new gym kit, so hopefully I'll stay focussed

Oh my leg press pb is a stupid amount away "

What is this "leg press"?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh my leg press pb is a stupid amount away "

I can't believe i ever did it.. My legs tremble at the thought!

Reply privately

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

My goal still currently sits at wanting to join but I'm hesitating just in case they close again

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Feel comfortable in my skin after a year of losing my routines and habits.

Probably a big one for me it to improve my posture as I’ve caught myself standing even slouching after all this sitting around.

So a lot of back training which just so happens to be my favourite "

Back is my favourite too! Though maybe tied with glutes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My goal still currently sits at wanting to join but I'm hesitating just in case they close again "

Mine is mentally busy too

Reply privately

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

Done nothing in 6/7 months, went for a swim earlier & managed 600m, oh my god the pain tomorrow is already setting in

Reply privately

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

"My goal still currently sits at wanting to join but I'm hesitating just in case they close again

Mine is mentally busy too "

My local ones probably are as well, I'm getting plenty of cardio but I really want to bulk up a bit

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get over an ongoing hamstring niggle so I can get back on the squat rack properly

Reply privately

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

What is this "leg press"? "

Its a type of machine where you sit/stand or lie in and press either your body away from a platform or your pressing a platform away from you with your legs...it keeps you on a path at which the machibe is designed for so its alot safer and also easier to learn than a barbell squat....just a different leg exercise...most gyms have atleast 1 or 2

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its a type of machine where you sit/stand or lie in and press either your body away from a platform or your pressing a platform away from you with your legs...it keeps you on a path at which the machine is designed for so its alot safer and also easier to learn than a barbell squat....just a different leg exercise...most gyms have atleast 1 or 2"

Yeah mine is reclined, so resting on my back, with legs in the air - you bend your knees then push your legs straight again.. I also do calf raises on it.. I it

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Its a type of machine where you sit/stand or lie in and press either your body away from a platform or your pressing a platform away from you with your legs...it keeps you on a path at which the machibe is designed for so its alot safer and also easier to learn than a barbell squat....just a different leg exercise...most gyms have atleast 1 or 2"

Okay, okay, it was a rhetorical question

I know what a leg press is. I just can't use one

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Get over an ongoing hamstring niggle so I can get back on the squat rack properly "

Swap you for a hip flexor niggle?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What is this "leg press"? "

You could probably do it on one leg and kick my arse, knowing you

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Its a type of machine where you sit/stand or lie in and press either your body away from a platform or your pressing a platform away from you with your legs...it keeps you on a path at which the machine is designed for so its alot safer and also easier to learn than a barbell squat....just a different leg exercise...most gyms have atleast 1 or 2

Yeah mine is reclined, so resting on my back, with legs in the air - you bend your knees then push your legs straight again.. I also do calf raises on it.. I it"

I do work on my calves, too

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

You could probably do it on one leg and kick my arse, knowing you "

Maybe I should try

Reply privately

over a year ago

Back is my favourite too! Though maybe tied with glutes. "

I think it was drilled into me early that back needs trained twice as hard as other muscles for posture and to stop the old rounded shoulders ape look.

I must admit, prior to covid I use to go stupid with legs but now I am not as fussed, it’s so impractical haha. Just doing functional training, my legs don’t rub together walking, I can walk up stairs pain free, and I can play football again, I think I’m over that life

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Get over an ongoing hamstring niggle so I can get back on the squat rack properly

Swap you for a hip flexor niggle?"

You can have my fucked up left rotator cuff aswell if you're offering

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

You could probably do it on one leg and kick my arse, knowing you

Maybe I should try "

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I think it was drilled into me early that back needs trained twice as hard as other muscles for posture and to stop the old rounded shoulders ape look.

I must admit, prior to covid I use to go stupid with legs but now I am not as fussed, it’s so impractical haha. Just doing functional training, my legs don’t rub together walking, I can walk up stairs pain free, and I can play football again, I think I’m over that life "

For me it's just removed so much pain from my life. It started to return in lockdown which was horrible

Reply privately

over a year ago

I must admit, prior to covid I use to go stupid with legs but now I am not as fussed, it’s so impractical haha. Just doing functional training, my legs don’t rub together walking, I can walk up stairs pain free, and I can play football again, I think I’m over that life

For me it's just removed so much pain from my life. It started to return in lockdown which was horrible "

When I first went to the lat pull machine I could feel my chest stretching I thought it was going to rip haha

Lower back pain is reducing, and postural pains are improving. Long way back to strengthen but it’s defo my main focus. I hope it’s starting to ease for you now getting out this crappy lockdown

Reply privately

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Its a type of machine where you sit/stand or lie in and press either your body away from a platform or your pressing a platform away from you with your legs...it keeps you on a path at which the machibe is designed for so its alot safer and also easier to learn than a barbell squat....just a different leg exercise...most gyms have atleast 1 or 2

I know what a leg press is. I just can't use one "

Wasnt sure if u were serious or not lol its cool....no harm sure

Reply privately

By *irkby coupleCouple
over a year ago

Kirkby

I’d like to loose weight, I do mainly cardio.

Reply privately

By *acey_Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liverpool

For me it's just removed so much pain from my life. It started to return in lockdown which was horrible

When I first went to the lat pull machine I could feel my chest stretching I thought it was going to rip haha

Lower back pain is reducing, and postural pains are improving. Long way back to strengthen but it’s defo my main focus. I hope it’s starting to ease for you now getting out this crappy lockdown "

Christ when I first started I was struggling to lift more than 10kg . Zero upper body strength! Yeah it eased really quickly and I was back to pre lockdown strength within a couple of weeks. That's the one good thing is that it's much easier to gain it back than getting there the first time.

Reply privately

By *0astMan
over a year ago

Discovering

If your struggling with lower back pain, I’d recommend Pilates. It’s one of the best rehabilitation methods for that area of body. I’ve damaged everything, back, shoulders, neck, arms, ankles (I’d a very physical job) but Pilates has done wonders to keep the lower back in good health these last few years

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Wasnt sure if u were serious or not lol its cool....no harm sure "

No harm at all I might have a press-off with Swing and see what my one good leg can do vs her two decent-ish ones (yes, I've factored the ankle in )

Reply privately

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"I’d like to loose weight, I do mainly cardio."

Work out your caloric maintainence then reduce your calorie intake by 3-500 per day....give it a week or 2....weight yourself the same time(1st thing in morning) not everyday but a few times per week....also...u can measure the likes of your chest,waist,hips and thighs...and go from there..

Try a higher protein,low fat diet..keep the carbs there good for ya..its calories that matter most...keep things balanced..plenty of fruit and veg...good luck

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get stronger, while trying to not to break myself(any more) in the process.

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"I’d like to loose weight, I do mainly cardio.

Work out your caloric maintainence then reduce your calorie intake by 3-500 per day....give it a week or 2....weight yourself the same time(1st thing in morning) not everyday but a few times per week....also...u can measure the likes of your chest,waist,hips and thighs...and go from there..

Try a higher protein,low fat diet..keep the carbs there good for ya..its calories that matter most...keep things balanced..plenty of fruit and veg...good luck "

Come and be my PT!

Reply privately

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Try a higher protein,low fat diet..keep the carbs there good for ya..its calories that matter most...keep things balanced..plenty of fruit and veg...good luck

Come and be my PT! "

Lol you'd hate me

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Come and be my PT!

Lol you'd hate me"

I need putting through my paces! Haha x

Reply privately

By *0FLHMan
over a year ago

Devon

I love doing super sets and core work.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Wasnt sure if u were serious or not lol its cool....no harm sure

No harm at all I might have a press-off with Swing and see what my one good leg can do vs her two decent-ish ones (yes, I've factored the ankle in )"

Let's do this

Reply privately

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Just to gain a bit more muscle and bulk up

Reply privately

over a year ago

Goal is to keep training. Losing the love for training now.

Reply privately

By *ICKEDMANMan
over a year ago

Harrow

Ive been tiring to go Gym 4-5 times a week. Burn more fat and gain more muscle. Im average height but noticing im seeing results about 4 weeks in now and feeling proud of my progress.

Got Wedding suit to purchase for September so got to look my best for my friends special day!!

Reply privately

By *ICKEDMANMan
over a year ago

Harrow

[Removed by poster at 18/05/21 01:56:50]

Reply privately

By *onochrome2Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

My goal is to actually make it to the gym lol

When I do I’m to start doing the StrongLifts programme to get back into weightlifting

Dee

Reply privately

over a year ago

I haven't joined a gym (yet) but am considering getting involved with some outdoor bootcamp style excercise classes in the Summer.

For now I am working out very regularly with my partner Laure doing some stretching and flexibility exercises with a bit of cardio and weights.

The plan is to shift some excess weight, tone up, get healthy and feel fantastic in time to get back into the swing of things when the clubs open.

Bella x

Reply privately

By *eeboCouple
over a year ago

basingstoke

I'm looking at body recomposition, got lazy and ate/drank alot last year so been sorting myself out since Jan and lost weight, now gyms are open have been looking to develop strength and lean muscle.

Taking my time with it, focusing on good form, the right exercises and hopefully stay injury free to keep up the consistency.

Diet is at least 80% of success though I think personally and have looked into that more than I ever did previously and seeing better results for it.

As to why - the aesthetics i have to say are a bonus, I feel alot better generally for being fitter and healthier, more energy to play with my kids and motivation generally is higher. Also for me personally gaining some control/structure and routine with something positive has helped me mentally too over lockdown so I'm hopefully going to manage to stick with it!!

B - M half of couple

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get my flexibility back in hamstrings / hip flexors and back

Lose some belly fat gain.

Bulk up muscle on quads calf buttocks core area

Got my trainer started me a new program and working in a protein rich diet plan

Man my legs are like jelly the first couple weeks back

Reply privately

By *_the_impalerMan
over a year ago

canterbury

If anyone wants any advice they can pm me have been a personal trainer for the last 18 years covering a wide range of goals and sports

Of course no charge sometimes a change is as good as a rest

So easy to get injured and it puts you off exercise for a long time

Reply privately

over a year ago

Goals for me weighing 72 kg

Deadlift 220kg. I am doing 210 now but that last 10kg might take me a while.

Squat 180kg. I am 170kg now.

Bench 140kg. I am only at 115kg. This will be tough if not impossible!

And try to keep lean at the same time.

Gym time!

Reply privately

By *erDirtyRockstarMan
over a year ago

buckinghamshire

Get my bench press back to 140kg..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ve just got back into the gym, having come off 2 knee surgies following a car accident.

So my goal, is to slowly reduce my weight, an it sounds like a small goal, but I want to lost at least 2 stone by December.

If I reached that prior to then, I’d set out another small goal to focus on

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm going tomorrow. If you don't hear from me by the evening, something seriously have gone wrong..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not sure I will go back to the gym. I've replaced treadmill running with cycling, and have a modest set of weights at home. Seems to keep me ticking over..

Reply privately

By *obajxMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

Well you can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle a bit of glitter on it

So in my case, it's just attempting to tone up and lose a bit of the belly fat in an attempt to see my abs (we can all live in hope!)

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

"I'm going tomorrow. If you don't hear from me by the evening, something seriously have gone wrong.. "

Good luck!

We'll prepare a search party just incase!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm going tomorrow. If you don't hear from me by the evening, something seriously have gone wrong..

Good luck!

We'll prepare a search party just incase!"

Thank you

I would be wary accepting a rescue from someone who baths in a mixture of cider & chardonnay its more likely we would need to search for you!

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

"I'm going tomorrow. If you don't hear from me by the evening, something seriously have gone wrong..

Good luck!

We'll prepare a search party just incase!

Thank you

I would be wary accepting a rescue from someone who baths in a mixture of cider & chardonnay its more likely we would need to search for you! "

hahahaha

Hey, we've all got our own systems for managing.

I'd be a fully functioning search party..........I may not search in the correct place or be awake by the end .... But it's the effort that counts!

Reply privately

By *oolkoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

Keep increasing my weights, especially on things like leg press, to enhance those progressive gains.

Also improve my flexibility and hip strength and mobility.

Reply privately

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Don't go to a regular gym but do use local climbing walls. Goal is to be climbing 7a this year, managed 6c the summer before lockdown so got a way to go.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

Short term, loose a few more pounds, tone up body, six pack would be nice.

Long term: Get Marathon fit with toned muscles.

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

"Don't go to a regular gym but do use local climbing walls. Goal is to be climbing 7a this year, managed 6c the summer before lockdown so got a way to go.

Mr"

I'm looking to get back into climbing regular again hopefully aswell, we've got a new wall about 45 Mon away now so should be doable. Never climbed regular enough to get to a decent level or fitness, but really enjoy ut

Reply privately

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Lost 5 stone in 10 months and working towards my first bodybuilding competition in October

Reply privately

By *ocketman20Man
over a year ago

Douglas

Lose a lockdown stone, then another stone to get me back in some sort of reasonable shape.

Reply privately

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

"Lost 5 stone in 10 months and working towards my first bodybuilding competition in October "

Wow, bravo you * claps*

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lost 5 stone in 10 months and working towards my first bodybuilding competition in October "

Amazing!!!

Reply privately

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

My goal is to stay out of the gym.

However I do want to work my way back up to doing 30 to 40 miles rides each day, I intend to work in beachy head as well.

Then next year, look at getting back into time trials.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wowser! Id love to do a bodybuilding comp

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If anyone wants any advice they can pm me have been a personal trainer for the last 18 years covering a wide range of goals and sports

Of course no charge sometimes a change is as good as a rest

So easy to get injured and it puts you off exercise for a long time"

Oo i might pm you if you are serious??

Reply privately