Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What’s wrong with people on here

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it just me or is there an insane amount of catfishes/weirdos on here.

Even profiles that are over a year old and have a verification aren’t even real.

Am I just really good at picking up all the tossers from here because it feels like it.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I totally agree with you

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I confess! I'm really a 65 year old man called Bob.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Hard to tell with hidden profiles.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I confess! I'm really a 65 year old man called Bob. "

I can actually confirm this to be semi true!

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

They are online everywhere.

After years of coming across them online my spidey senses have become honed to them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hey Bob I'm Dave a 75yr old from Iamjustafakeville

Reply privately

over a year ago

But I get you OP, I had to jump through fucking fire hoops to get photo verified yet it seems to be the case the ladies account get verified like it's nothing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know I’m ranting but I’m sick to the back teeth of it.

Verifications are pointless and so is photo verifying yourself.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"But I get you OP, I had to jump through fucking fire hoops to get photo verified yet it seems to be the case the ladies account get verified like it's nothing."

What he said ... those hoops burn your arse !

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont understand why folk setup fake profiles on here. I can spot most a mile off as there bio or pics don't add up. Clearly people who's live is sad and pathetic they have to hide behind a keyboard

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it’s definitely an art to read a profile, assess the pics, if any, and tell whether the individual is real or fake but it seems you have the knack op

However on the flip side what may seem like a catfish/fake account could be 100% so this insight could put a potentially good meet in the bin so to speak

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is it just me or is there an insane amount of catfishes/weirdos on here.

Even profiles that are over a year old and have a verification aren’t even real.

Am I just really good at picking up all the tossers from here because it feels like it. "

it always has and always will be part of the landscape OP. There are thousands of genuine lovely people on here but they are crowded out by many more thousands using the site for fantasy purposes. thats males, females, couples, tv's, all races and creeds.

I do find that the most genuine, sincere and truthful are those not claiming to be gods gift.

it's true that single guys on here give ourselves a bad name - but males are not alone in being timewasters, false, fakes.

All you can do, is have your own ducks in a row and treat others with respect.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hard to tell with hidden profiles. "

The multiple people’s profiles I’m talking about have all had their profiles open.

It’s got nothing to do with having a hidden profile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well if you're offering to pick up tossers?.......

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

At least it's easy for you to avoid them if you can spot them so easily OP. I'm quite lucky that everyone I've met has been real. The only incident I had was a guy I met who later uploaded pictures that blatantly weren't him. That was weird.

Reply privately

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I'm a researcher for Sydney university

Reply privately

over a year ago

We've been hit by the fake profile thing many a time..if its too good to be true, it probably is.... Er.. Not... True.

We are real though

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Not all verifications are fake but like any system; there are work arounds and ways to cheat.

Being verified is just one of the active checks that you can look at, and whilst there are some fake or catfish profiles, there are ways to wheedle out those that slip through.

There are some very real and very good people around here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think it’s definitely an art to read a profile, assess the pics, if any, and tell whether the individual is real or fake but it seems you have the knack op

However on the flip side what may seem like a catfish/fake account could be 100% so this insight could put a potentially good meet in the bin so to speak "

The latest profile was verified with a verification, nearly a year old, I google imagine reversed some of his pics, exchanged numbers, he sent voice notes.

Nope. That’s not enough... he’s not even who he says he is.

One before that was verified too and we exchanged numbers, he was fake too.... and he’s messaged me on 3 different numbers since pretending to be different people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm a researcher for Sydney university "

That actually made me laugh.

Reply privately

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never understand what people have got to gain from a fake profile. I’m me, i can’t change how I look, at least people would be disappointed looking at the pictures rather than make them wait for a real life meet

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think it’s definitely an art to read a profile, assess the pics, if any, and tell whether the individual is real or fake but it seems you have the knack op

However on the flip side what may seem like a catfish/fake account could be 100% so this insight could put a potentially good meet in the bin so to speak

The latest profile was verified with a verification, nearly a year old, I google imagine reversed some of his pics, exchanged numbers, he sent voice notes.

One before that was verified too and we exchanged numbers, he was fake too.... and he’s messaged me on 3 different numbers since pretending to be different people. "

Try and see it as a positive. You are sussing them out as dodgy before you've wasted time meeting them.

As Tea said, there are decent people on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s always been the case. One of the reasons I left many years ago. It’s hard enough for a guy as it is without talking to someone for weeks then it ends up being another guy who won’t openly admit he’s looking for other guys

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Never understand what people have got to gain from a fake profile. I’m me, i can’t change how I look, at least people would be disappointed looking at the pictures rather than make them wait for a real life meet "

THIS, exactly - I am what I is.

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

The key is to keep chatting and not send any more pics...we chatted to one ‘female’ account who we suspect was a male who had joined to post pics of his ex GF...as wouldn’t send recent pics or an instant live pic to prove otherwise.

Disappeared as soon as we called him/her out.

K

Reply privately

over a year ago

One before that was verified too and we exchanged numbers, he was fake too.... and he’s messaged me on 3 different numbers since pretending to be different people. "

I think it’s just purely bad luck that those who have been privileged to make your selection have been bell ends but this shouldn’t ruin your experiences, just dust ya self off and try again

Clubs and parties are good because you meet the physical instead of the digital and there and then you can make your decisions without the bullshit

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I dont understand why folk setup fake profiles on here. I can spot most a mile off as there bio or pics don't add up. Clearly people who's live is sad and pathetic they have to hide behind a keyboard "

A few reasons.

Because the fake photos will get them attention.

Because they want a wank.

Because they want to scam people.

Site admin will remove profiles that are proven fake.

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

You told me your name was Cyril and you were 72!

Just full of lies you are

Reply privately

over a year ago

One before that was verified too and we exchanged numbers, he was fake too.... and he’s messaged me on 3 different numbers since pretending to be different people.

I think it’s just purely bad luck that those who have been privileged to make your selection have been bell ends but this shouldn’t ruin your experiences, just dust ya self off and try again

Clubs and parties are good because you meet the physical instead of the digital and there and then you can make your decisions without the bullshit "

Iv met more then one person from here. I know there are nice normal people too but honestly it’s getting beyond a joke.

I never try to judge too much if someone doesn’t have tons of verifications as I don’t myself. I don’t want everyone on fab to know who iv fucked or met.

I don’t do clubs... it’s not my thing really.

Reply privately

By *r big lipsMan
over a year ago

Birkenhead

Hahaha Jesus you look good for it Bob I would of defo put you younger ????

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I confess! I'm really a 65 year old man called Bob.

Just full of lies you are "

Reply privately

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

I must be very naive as I don't really see much of it at all. I see plenty of useless single guys and other huge frustrations, however only known 1 actually "fake" profile in the time we've been here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The key is to keep chatting and not send any more pics...we chatted to one ‘female’ account who we suspect was a male who had joined to post pics of his ex GF...as wouldn’t send recent pics or an instant live pic to prove otherwise.

Disappeared as soon as we called him/her out.

K

"

I chat. I even chat on the phone.... there normally men but just not the ones they claim to be lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Due dilligence, its a pain sometimes, but essential x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Clubs and parties are good because you meet the physical instead of the digital and there and then you can make your decisions without the bullshit

Iv met more then one person from here. I know there are nice normal people too but honestly it’s getting beyond a joke.

I never try to judge too much if someone doesn’t have tons of verifications as I don’t myself. I don’t want everyone on fab to know who iv fucked or met.

I don’t do clubs... it’s not my thing really. "

Totally understand and clubs aren’t for everyone tbf however take those positive meets and occasions forward and ignore the dross, as many have experienced here and sadly “there’s more fake, time wasting and down right bullshitters here than not”

Happy fabbing

Oh and finally maybe up your age range to 46

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Just full of lies you are "

Sorry NSP. But I knew 65 wouldn't be old enough for you .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I must be very naive as I don't really see much of it at all. I see plenty of useless single guys and other huge frustrations, however only known 1 actually "fake" profile in the time we've been here."

I’m up to over 10... not just on this profile but I had a previous profile before which I deleted for this exact reason.

Reply privately

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I knew those pizzas where to good to be true

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I must be very naive as I don't really see much of it at all. I see plenty of useless single guys and other huge frustrations, however only known 1 actually "fake" profile in the time we've been here."

I’m intrigued to know what a useless single guy is?

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Hahaha Jesus you look good for it Bob I would of defo put you younger ????"

I moisturise well

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hahaha Jesus you look good for it Bob I would of defo put you younger ????

I moisturise well "

I need the name of that moisturiser then

Reply privately

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I moisturise well "

Are ya fond of a facial

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Just full of lies you are

Sorry NSP. But I knew 65 wouldn't be old enough for you . "

I'd have made an exception for you Cyril. Bob. Whatever you name is

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not all verifications are fake but like any system; there are work arounds and ways to cheat.

Being verified is just one of the active checks that you can look at, and whilst there are some fake or catfish profiles, there are ways to wheedle out those that slip through.

There are some very real and very good people around here"

I agree there are some good people. I just don’t meet many of them by the looks of it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

"I must be very naive as I don't really see much of it at all. I see plenty of useless single guys and other huge frustrations, however only known 1 actually "fake" profile in the time we've been here.

I’m intrigued to know what a useless single guy is?"

Pick a single guy profile on Fab. Let's say one who doesn't use the forums. Them, probably them.

Reply privately

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

I don't suppose you're a welder by any chance Bob?

E

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I moisturise well

I need the name of that moisturiser then "

Jus d'hommes

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

E"

Nah I'm a brickie

Reply privately

over a year ago

"At least it's easy for you to avoid them if you can spot them so easily OP. I'm quite lucky that everyone I've met has been real. The only incident I had was a guy I met who later uploaded pictures that blatantly weren't him. That was weird. "

It just gets so tedious and a waste of my time

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I must be very naive as I don't really see much of it at all. I see plenty of useless single guys and other huge frustrations, however only known 1 actually "fake" profile in the time we've been here.

I’m intrigued to know what a useless single guy is?

Pick a single guy profile on Fab. Let's say one who doesn't use the forums. Them, probably them."

Oh

Reply privately

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

I’ve only had fakes with single women profiles. I follow along and we chat/flirt for a while. When I start asking for a number to whatsapp or a face photo they disappear. Hrrrumph.

My experience with guys has been very different in a favourable way, thankfully! Most of them great- a couple a bit (or quite) older than their photos showed but as they were social meets, no harm done.

Reply privately

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

Am I just really good at picking up all the tossers from here because it feels like it. "

We think verifications work really well on Fab ,yet to be caught out using them

Reply privately

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

E

Nah I'm a brickie "

Bugger. I've got a sex swing that needs welding up.

What's a girl to do.......

E

Reply privately

over a year ago

You told me your name was Malcolm

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’ve only had fakes with single women profiles. I follow along and we chat/flirt for a while. When I start asking for a number to whatsapp or a face photo they disappear. Hrrrumph.

My experience with guys has been very different in a favourable way, thankfully! Most of them great- a couple a bit (or quite) older than their photos showed but as they were social meets, no harm done. "

I normally offer my what’s app to men if I decide to start chatting away from fab.

I must be a fake man magnet lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

We're real, but as the OP says it is really difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff.

With a hopeful eye on the horizon, we would recommend clubs as a useful filter for the fakes and fantasists (although we accept clubs are initially much easier for couples).

Even if your prospective playmates turn out to be a bit Bob, at least you will have the opportunity to meet real-live swingers and take it from there...PDx

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

You told me your name was Malcolm "

I have lots of middle names

Reply privately

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

Said it before and I will keep saying it.. Free membership of the site builds up numbers with lots and lots of fake profiles

If the site was paid subscription only it would reduce numbers with a quality more than quantity approach.

I would argue some people may think twice before adding yet another profile to the 5 they already have and the time wasters simply would go somewhere else to wind people up..which would make things much more pleasant for the people who actually do want to use it to meet and make friends

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gooday Im a researcher at Sydney University...are you sure you're telling the truth mate.....dont come the raw prawn with me

Reply privately

over a year ago

yea we seem to only be finding them too

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

What's a useless single guy?

Reply privately

By *estman for the jobMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

What's a useless single guy?"

one who can't accommodate or at a guess travel or doesn't match their over the top standardslol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Half if statuses I see lately are from women or couples moaning about not being able to find a meet or they don't like this or that and won't meet this or that so us single guys just don't bother

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

What's a useless single guy?one who can't accommodate or at a guess travel or doesn't match their over the top standardslol "

No, one who says he travels, or even exists, and then disappears into a puff of smoke when it actually gets real. lolcopterftw...

Reply privately

over a year ago

After much delibiration on here ive came to the conclusion

willing to talk to me: Fake account

Not willing: Real

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Half if statuses I see lately are from women or couples moaning about not being able to find a meet or they don't like this or that and won't meet this or that so us single guys just don't bother"

Going by your profile, I agree.

Reply privately

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

And some create a real profile then a catfish profile that is verified by their original.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Half if statuses I see lately are from women or couples moaning about not being able to find a meet or they don't like this or that and won't meet this or that so us single guys just don't bother"

I don’t have any trouble finding a meet when I want one and everyone is allowed to have high standards although mine clearly aren’t high enough as I’m picking constant fakes and catfishes at the moment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And some create a real profile then a catfish profile that is verified by their original."

What’s the point in that

You can’t ever meet anyone if your a catfish so it’s all pointless lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Up your age range to 45 and away you go

Reply privately

By *oxy lady40Woman
over a year ago

bridgwater

"Half if statuses I see lately are from women or couples moaning about not being able to find a meet or they don't like this or that and won't meet this or that so us single guys just don't bother

I don’t have any trouble finding a meet when I want one and everyone is allowed to have high standards although mine clearly aren’t high enough as I’m picking constant fakes and catfishes at the moment.

"

do you have any filters on

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

"I dont understand why folk setup fake profiles on here. I can spot most a mile off as there bio or pics don't add up. Clearly people who's live is sad and pathetic they have to hide behind a keyboard "

There are some very good fake profiles I think ...multiple veris etc

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

What's a useless single guy?"

Actually... What's a catfish?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

What's a useless single guy?one who can't accommodate or at a guess travel or doesn't match their over the top standardslol

No, one who says he travels, or even exists, and then disappears into a puff of smoke when it actually gets real. lolcopterftw..."

but that happens with women and couples too but u don't see us guys crying about it ,people decide it's not for them and leave and that's their decision I don't begrudge them just because I thought I was getting my leg over

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Half if statuses I see lately are from women or couples moaning about not being able to find a meet or they don't like this or that and won't meet this or that so us single guys just don't bother

Going by your profile, I agree."

i actually have regular meets thanks so I don't have to bother as much so your rapier wit is lost on me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lots of keyboard wankers too with no intention of meeting anyone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Actually... What's a catfish? "

catfish

A fake or stolen online identity created or used for the purposes of beginning a deceptive relationship.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"

nothing wrong with high standards bit when someone also expects you to jump through hoops but isn't willing to do the same it's a bit of a shitter

Reply privately

over a year ago

As others have said, you can only go on your instinct and a few checks to see if you're being had...

Although the original post - veris, reverse image search not showing up, etc - that's running out of things I'd check!

I suspect it's more a problem with non-genuine female profiles than male, but that might be just the searching I do!

I do wonder if a very limited version of the site for non-paying members would help encourage - not many catfishes want to spend money on their "hobby"...?

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

"And some create a real profile then a catfish profile that is verified by their original.

What’s the point in that

You can’t ever meet anyone if your a catfish so it’s all pointless lol"

It’s a weird hobby for some ... being a sort of troll ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

No idea....but you are definatley on my hotlist when you uncover your profile

Sorry to go off topic.... I must be a nut case too x

Reply privately

By *oxy lady40Woman
over a year ago

bridgwater

nothing wrong with high standards bit when someone also expects you to jump through hoops but isn't willing to do the same it's a bit of a shitter"

I don’t expect anyone to jump though hoops

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Op the best thing to do is wait till clubs and socials start up again ,attend them and that's where u will meet the genuine people

Reply privately

By *euve4usCouple
over a year ago

Teddington

Thankfully we haven’t had issues with fake profiles or maybe it’s because we have been lucky to spot the weirdos very quickly and block them. We do look at verifications and then check verifications of those verifying as a due diligence. It does sound like the OP has been very unlucky.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

catfish

A fake or stolen online identity created or used for the purposes of beginning a deceptive relationship."

OK... Thanks.. I think?

So if I understand, the catfish can never meet as its entirely fake? If I was going to pick a fake on here I probably wouldnt pick being a single bloke though... Who are pretty much universally vilified in these pages just got being single and being a bloke. If I was going to go "fake" I'd be.... A unicorn... (or in monty python voice.. A lumberjack!)

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

By the sounds of things I've been really fortunate this way. It's never really been a issue

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Op the best thing to do is wait till clubs and socials start up again ,attend them and that's where u will meet the genuine people"
m

I don’t do clubs as a single female. Iv met genuine men from here but I’m just fed up of the idiots on here who aren’t real

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/05/21 15:05:20]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Op the best thing to do is wait till clubs and socials start up again ,attend them and that's where u will meet the genuine peoplem

I don’t do clubs as a single female. Iv met genuine men from here but I’m just fed up of the idiots on here who aren’t real "

Luckily, when you have a face like mine, nobody would ever believe it isnt real. I mean, who’d catfish someone by using a pic of a grumpy, chubby, Middle-aged, half-ginger tosser?

Reply privately

over a year ago

catfish

A fake or stolen online identity created or used for the purposes of beginning a deceptive relationship.

OK... Thanks.. I think?

So if I understand, the catfish can never meet as its entirely fake? If I was going to pick a fake on here I probably wouldnt pick being a single bloke though... Who are pretty much universally vilified in these pages just got being single and being a bloke. If I was going to go "fake" I'd be.... A unicorn... (or in monty python voice.. A lumberjack!) "

That’s right. A catfish can’t meet as themselves as they have used other peoples pictures.

Technically if I was chatting to a catfish and the real person was still a man he could still send me nudes etc of himself as he still has the parts.

I actually started speaking to someone that had a couple of lumberjack type pictures from here in his private album.... he was fake. The real bloke lived in Norway and I found his Instagram as it was public.

Some men I guess still want to chat to women but have poor self esteem so they use other peoples pictures (same goes for women who do it too!)

Others just think it’s a game.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Op the best thing to do is wait till clubs and socials start up again ,attend them and that's where u will meet the genuine peoplem

I don’t do clubs as a single female. Iv met genuine men from here but I’m just fed up of the idiots on here who aren’t real

Luckily, when you have a face like mine, nobody would ever believe it isnt real. I mean, who’d catfish someone by using a pic of a grumpy, chubby, Middle-aged, half-ginger tosser? "

Made me laugh but you should never put yourself down ha

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No idea....but you are definatley on my hotlist when you uncover your profile

Sorry to go off topic.... I must be a nut case too x"

are you fake too ... need to start my searches from the get go now I think

Reply privately

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

To be honest I’d say I’m not quite normal

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I don’t do clubs as a single female. Iv met genuine men from here but I’m just fed up of the idiots on here who aren’t real "

but I get that with women and couples op it's not solely the realm of men,granted there are some morons on here but the genuine guys will take the time to get to know someone and when it's finally safe who knows

Reply privately

over a year ago

Luckily, when you have a face like mine, nobody would ever believe it isnt real. I mean, who’d catfish someone by using a pic of a grumpy, chubby, Middle-aged, half-ginger tosser?

Made me laugh but you should never put yourself down ha "

I wasn’t. I’m living the (realists) dream lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No idea....but you are definatley on my hotlist when you uncover your profile

Sorry to go off topic.... I must be a nut case too x

are you fake too ... need to start my searches from the get go now I think "

Unhide your profile... and then hit me with your "loony filter" questions...i have them... and they work for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t do clubs as a single female. Iv met genuine men from here but I’m just fed up of the idiots on here who aren’t real but I get that with women and couples op it's not solely the realm of men,granted there are some morons on here but the genuine guys will take the time to get to know someone and when it's finally safe who knows"

Oh yeh... I haven’t said it’s exclusive to men? Although they are my first port of call when chatting on here

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hmmmmm I'll come clean, I've lied. I'm really 41

Reply privately

over a year ago

"To be honest I’d say I’m not quite normal "

Don’t need to be normal. Just the man in the pictures

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

catfish

OK... Thanks.. I think?

So if I understand, the catfish can never meet as its entirely fake? If I was going to pick a fake on here I probably wouldnt pick being a single bloke though... Who are pretty much universally vilified in these pages just got being single and being a bloke. If I was going to go "fake" I'd be.... A unicorn... (or in monty python voice.. A lumberjack!)

That’s right. A catfish can’t meet as themselves as they have used other peoples pictures.

Technically if I was chatting to a catfish and the real person was still a man he could still send me nudes etc of himself as he still has the parts.

I actually started speaking to someone that had a couple of lumberjack type pictures from here in his private album.... he was fake. The real bloke lived in Norway and I found his Instagram as it was public.

Some men I guess still want to chat to women but have poor self esteem so they use other peoples pictures (same goes for women who do it too!)

Others just think it’s a game. "

Blimey a Norwegian lumberjack ...that’s some catfish ,I used to have a lumberjack shirt ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Im starting to think your the catfish OP not being photo verified is very fishy to me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hmmmmm I'll come clean, I've lied. I'm really 41"

Naughty naughty.... although I expect ages/heights to be out by a year or 2 for privacy reasons.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry but I’m a little unsure what you mean by a “catfishes” can someone tell me what this is please?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sorry but I’m a little unsure what you mean by a “catfishes” can someone tell me what this is please? "

catfish

Copied from the internet

Reply privately

over a year ago

Scrap that just seen it in a post above.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

[Removed by poster at 17/05/21 15:14:25]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Am I just really good at picking up all the tossers from here because it feels like it.

Im starting to think your the catfish OP not being photo verified is very fishy to me "

Ha ha... That’s ok. I can prove myself though which I do when I chat to someone 1:1 and go onto what’s app

Reply privately

over a year ago

catfish

OK... Thanks.. I think?

Blimey a Norwegian lumberjack ...that’s some catfish ,I used to have a lumberjack shirt .."

To be honest the bloke was exceptionally good looking which is why I knew that one was a cat fish. He was a model so had his profile open. I now follow him on Instagram as he was my cup of tea

Reply privately

over a year ago

If anyone thinks I’m a catfishes please ask for my phone number and I’ll prove that this is me if you like,

Lol that’s one way to get a lady’s number !!

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I also believe it'll be those who already have an account, and make others plus verify them, Another tactical move let the account go dormant, so it suppose to look more genuine, being here several months with no activity of being online.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No you’re quite right, it’s like a very muddy pond and sometimes on a hot day with the sun on it, there is quite a smell of putrefaction; but amongst all that there are some great folks and they are worth coming across, literally!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You always get a few

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I also believe it'll be those who already have an account, and make others plus verify them, Another tactical move let the account go dormant, so it suppose to look more genuine, being here several months with no activity of being online."

Do people really do this?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Well op must get on hope u find a real man on here sooner or later keep that guard up and chin tucked in x

Reply privately

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Hi Bob, I'm real. Not sure what a catfish (social media term not one that swims in the sea) is though.

There are some strange sorts on here... Good job you have your spider senses switched on though Bob.

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

catfish

OK... Thanks.. I think?

Blimey a Norwegian lumberjack ...that’s some catfish ,I used to have a lumberjack shirt ..

To be honest the bloke was exceptionally good looking which is why I knew that one was a cat fish. He was a model so had his profile open. I now follow him on Instagram as he was my cup of tea "

You should ask him out for a coffee when allowed ...

I’m always suspicious when a young attractive lady responds to a message

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unpopular opinion but most timewasters and fakes are women as most have mo intention of meeting. At least the genuine guys actually want NSA sex and make it clear, not just reel off a daft list of what they are not looking for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Unpopular opinion but most timewasters and fakes are women as most have mo intention of meeting. At least the genuine guys actually want NSA sex and make it clear, not just reel off a daft list of what they are not looking for. "

I think there's a reason that's an "unpopular" opinon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are plenty of normal, honest (or at least, well-meaning) folk on here. But you do have to persevere and wade through the swamp to eventually find them.

As a male you can spend an awful lot of time sending messages on here that never even get read.

Sometimes it is so frustrating I almost give up then, every so often someone surprises me.

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

"There are plenty of normal, honest (or at least, well-meaning) folk on here. But you do have to persevere and wade through the swamp to eventually find them.

As a male you can spend an awful lot of time sending messages on here that never even get read.

Sometimes it is so frustrating I almost give up then, every so often someone surprises me."

Go to an organised social my friend .,,save years of pointless messaging

Reply privately

over a year ago

If they look too good to be true they probably are.

Unfortunately verified accounts are not always guaranteed to be genuine either, so all we can do is chat and try and get the measure of someone which could mean hours of wasted time if they turn out to be a catfish/weirdo/time waster/bell end, etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hmmmmm I'll come clean, I've lied. I'm really 41

Naughty naughty.... although I expect ages/heights to be out by a year or 2 for privacy reasons.

"

Good point. Im definitely the right height

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

The saying ‘if it seems to good to be true, it usually is’ is very apt for Fab.

All the same, we’ve had several experiences that should have been too good to be true...but they were just us getting lucky on Fab and meeting wonderful people. It can and does happen!

Reply privately

over a year ago

nothing wrong with high standards bit when someone also expects you to jump through hoops but isn't willing to do the same it's a bit of a shitter"

I have to agree. It is very unfair when genuine guys make a effort with the profile txt like women ask for yet they bring nothing to the table and leave it blank or a "fill in later" even tho they been on over a year. A blank profile txt isnt giving me anything to go on so how can i know if you are what im looking for? Both parties should make the effort not just guys.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Unpopular opinion but most timewasters and fakes are women as most have mo intention of meeting. At least the genuine guys actually want NSA sex and make it clear, not just reel off a daft list of what they are not looking for. "

No my experience. My experience being that those that say those things are often butthurt after rejection, also often based on unrealistic expectations!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There are plenty of normal, honest (or at least, well-meaning) folk on here. But you do have to persevere and wade through the swamp to eventually find them.

Sometimes it is so frustrating I almost give up then, every so often someone surprises me.

Go to an organised social my friend .,,save years of pointless messaging "

Not everyone wants "socials" a lot like myself and the OP just want NSA sex from this sex site. Each to their own but idle chat woth no guarentee of NSA is not my thing when i would rather just get on with what we all are actually here for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Outside the forums yes ive found that, i find most the womem that message for instant meets go pretty 'psycho' when the meet is declined i call it 'fanny entitlement'

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"I also believe it'll be those who already have an account, and make others plus verify them, Another tactical move let the account go dormant, so it suppose to look more genuine, being here several months with no activity of being online.

Do people really do this? "

Yes been known to, another way to get their kicks

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ve been on here a year now and I have to admit it’s been hard to even talk to anyone let alone get verification

Ok I joined just before covid maybe that’s why

Reply privately

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

My profile is totally fake, I'm totally fake, not even a real person. I'm a lemon popsicle

Reply privately

By *oxy lady40Woman
over a year ago

bridgwater

nothing wrong with high standards bit when someone also expects you to jump through hoops but isn't willing to do the same it's a bit of a shitter

I have to agree. It is very unfair when genuine guys make a effort with the profile txt like women ask for yet they bring nothing to the table and leave it blank or a "fill in later" even tho they been on over a year. A blank profile txt isnt giving me anything to go on so how can i know if you are what im looking for? Both parties should make the effort not just guys."

can’t say I ever seen a couple or single woman with a blank profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m over my rant now.

Iv had a chocolate bar... think I was a bit hangry too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok I’m not here then lol Invisible as normal lol

Reply privately

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

I think there’s a few just here to see if they know anyone XX

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ok I’m not here then lol Invisible as normal lol"

Silly.

I didn’t read any of the reply’s after my last one and just wrote my last comment as I was doing the school run.

Giving a number is never a gaurentee of someone being real though. Iv gave my number and they have still been fake

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’ve been on here a year now and I have to admit it’s been hard to even talk to anyone let alone get verification

Ok I joined just before covid maybe that’s why "

I would imagine joining just before covid doesn’t help. Iv been on and off for about 2.5-3 years

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ok I’m not here then lol Invisible as normal lol

Silly.

I didn’t read any of the reply’s after my last one and just wrote my last comment as I was doing the school run.

Giving a number is never a gaurentee of someone being real though. Iv gave my number and they have still been fake "

That’s cool I wish you all the luck on here and sorry if I come across as a dick

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Outside the forums yes ive found that, i find most the womem that message for instant meets go pretty 'psycho' when the meet is declined i call it 'fanny entitlement' "

‘Fanny entitlement’

I like that. Never heard of it before.

Iv never done a instant meet request though. I need time to reverse search all the pics first

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ok I’m not here then lol Invisible as normal lol

Silly.

Giving a number is never a gaurentee of someone being real though. Iv gave my number and they have still been fake

That’s cool I wish you all the luck on here and sorry if I come across as a dick "

Don’t worry about it. Good luck

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’ve been on here a year now and I have to admit it’s been hard to even talk to anyone let alone get verification

I would imagine joining just before covid doesn’t help. Iv been on and off for about 2.5-3 years"

To be honest I don’t think it would matter if covid was here or not Seams to be hard for single men m, the genuine ones anyway

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would imagine joining just before covid doesn’t help. Iv been on and off for about 2.5-3 years

To be honest I don’t think it would matter if covid was here or not Seams to be hard for single men m, the genuine ones anyway "

It’s the way of fab really. It is hard on men. Just gotta keep going or try another site if this one doesn’t work for you

Reply privately

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

There are some very strange people here, I got a message today from someone saying they don't have long to live could I meet them before it's too late.

Reply privately

over a year ago

To be honest I don’t think it would matter if covid was here or not Seams to be hard for single men m, the genuine ones anyway "

Tottally agree. Us genuine single guys have to jump through hoops because all the idiot guys make it so much harder for us. I do think some of the genuine women should give us decent guys a chance since we would actually show them that we are not all idiots.

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

Go to an organised social my friend .,,save years of pointless messaging

Not everyone wants "socials" a lot like myself and the OP just want NSA sex from this sex site. Each to their own but idle chat woth no guarentee of NSA is not my thing when i would rather just get on with what we all are actually here for."

It’s an efficient way to talk to a number of people quickly ...some may want a quick nsa, some may just chat and you may catch up later .., beats the hell out of sending messages , well it did for me...

Reply privately

over a year ago

To be honest I don’t think it would matter if covid was here or not Seams to be hard for single men m, the genuine ones anyway

It’s the way of fab really. It is hard on men. Just gotta keep going or try another site if this one doesn’t work for you "

Don’t get me wrong I’ve meet some amazing people in the forums but there always 100’s of miles away I’m having fun chatting on the forums so it’s all good in that respect

Reply privately

By *aisleybuddieMan
over a year ago

Paisley

Hi everyone interesting topic

I am a newbie and not sure how my profile comes across and this seems like an apt forum to ask for advice or constructive criticism on my profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hi everyone interesting topic

I am a newbie and not sure how my profile comes across and this seems like an apt forum to ask for advice or constructive criticism on my profile "

Profile pic would be a good start and make it a face pic

Reply privately

By *oxy lady40Woman
over a year ago

bridgwater

I am a newbie and not sure how my profile comes across and this seems like an apt forum to ask for advice or constructive criticism on my profile "

can’t give you advice on this thread , you will need to start a thread yourself

Reply privately

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

Doubt your get any interest without photos especially profile one

Reply privately

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I feel it really needs padding out a lot more, I wouldn't really consider it to be a profile.

Your message in the forum asking for advice is about the same length, no pictures or anything.

It might be worth you starting your own thread, asking for help though as this is a thread on a different subject.

(Or using the search function and you will be able to find lots of other similar threads with lots of good advice)

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"There are some very strange people here, I got a message today from someone saying they don't have long to live could I meet them before it's too late.

"

Good sex is a great healer...

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Tottally agree. Us genuine single guys have to jump through hoops because all the idiot guys make it so much harder for us. I do think some of the genuine women should give us decent guys a chance since we would actually show them that we are not all idiots."

I take each man on his own merit.

I've met men who have just said hello, with barely anything on their profiles and one photo.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm amazed people get through life without someone holding their hand.

The internet has been around for decades. There's always been catfish. There were catfish in the contact magazine days.

Reply privately

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

"There are some very strange people here, I got a message today from someone saying they don't have long to live could I meet them before it's too late.

"

I hope you didn't leave it unread and unanswered for too long.

E

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I'm amazed people get through life without someone holding their hand.

The internet has been around for decades. There's always been catfish. There were catfish in the contact magazine days. "

Those were the days!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I've only had one so far, using a gay guys photo from a porn site lol

Reverse image Search is brilliant

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"I've only had one so far, using a gay guys photo from a porn site lol

Reverse image Search is brilliant"

Thank god for reverse image search!

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Thank god for reverse image search! "

I've never tried that. Apparently they can get around it..mirror image or something...I'm not sure how

Reply privately

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"After much delibiration on here ive came to the conclusion

willing to talk to me: Fake account

Not willing: Real

"

Reply privately

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Don't want sex or just don't want sex with you?

Reply privately

By *ICKEDMANMan
over a year ago

Harrow

Respect to you Bob, great body for a 65 yr old Male. Even turned my head!

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it's not just you... You're correct, there's many many Cat-Fish on here...lieing about age, height, marital status & either have fake or very dated pics

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it's not just you... You're correct, there's many many Cat-Fish on here...lieing about age, height, marital status & either have fake or very dated pics "

And I seem to be a magnet for the freaks & creeps too

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've never tried that. Apparently they can get around it..mirror image or something...I'm not sure how"

Next time I can’t find them. Il flip all of them and try again. I use a couple of search engines.

I don’t just do there pics though....

One bloke told me had a new kitchen installed and sent a pic of it in general convo.... reversed searched that... funny how the image come up for a kitchen in the US in 2014.

Another said he was on holiday and sent me a snap of the place he was staying .... lying tosser as well as it was of a holiday destination website.

Iv even had men that are real but they have used fake dick pics on their profile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it's not just you... You're correct, there's many many Cat-Fish on here...lieing about age, height, marital status & either have fake or very dated pics

And I seem to be a magnet for the freaks & creeps too "

I wish they would all fuck off and leave me alone.

Reply privately

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

I've never tried that. Apparently they can get around it..mirror image or something...I'm not sure how

Next time I can’t find them. Il flip all of them and try again. I use a couple of search engines.

One bloke told me had a new kitchen installed and sent a pic of it in general convo.... reversed searched that... funny how the image come up for a kitchen in the US in 2014.

Another said he was on holiday and sent me a snap of the place he was staying .... lying tosser as well as it was of a holiday destination website.

Iv even had men that are real but they have used fake dick pics on their profile.

"

I had a guy send 3 cock shots. Ok at least he found 3 pics of hand in cock, but could if at least made them the same cock in tje same hand

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had a guy send 3 cock shots. Ok at least he found 3 pics of hand in cock, but could if at least made them the same cock in tje same hand "

Ha ha!

You just reminded me another bloke sent me a 4 pics of himself .... all 4 pics were different men.... non of them him....

easily to spot as they all had different bloody tattoo sleeves...

Reply privately

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

It's all about the good vibes stay positive

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's all about the good vibes stay positive "

Most of the time I am... just had enough today for half hour lol

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"

I am possibly too trusting but I mainly chat to those I've kmow forever or fold off the forum.

There are obviously some complete arseholes about

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am possibly too trusting but I mainly chat to those I've kmow forever or fold off the forum.

There are obviously some complete arseholes about "

There just oddballs. Annoying oddballs.

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

There are obviously some complete arseholes about

There just oddballs. Annoying oddballs. "

Oddballs I can deal with as I'm odd myself but people who set out to deceive, I can't deal with them.

Reply privately