Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I can't help

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Being curious

I'm also curious as to whether or not people think said new comers may end up packing up there shit and leaving the forums and fab due to forumites intimidation?

Do you think this happens

Do you think you could have willingly or unwillingly been a part of this behaviour?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I’m not intimidating

over a year ago

"I’m not intimidating "

Your photo ain't intimidating not in the slightest

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It can seem intimidating and I have probably thrown in my fair share of 'comments' on new poster's threads. When I first started posting I didn't think it was intimidating and just threw myself into the fray.

Have to be able to take the rough with the smooth and you can end up 'playing to the crowd' (including the lurkers).

over a year ago

"It can seem intimidating and I have probably thrown in my fair share of 'comments' on new poster's threads. When I first started posting I didn't think it was intimidating and just threw myself into the fray.

Have to be able to take the rough with the smooth and you can end up 'playing to the crowd' (including the lurkers)."

Lurkers ?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes people will leave because of unpleasant experiences in the forums undoubtedly. I've witnessed it before.

I also think sometimes posters don't agree with other posters. It doesn't mean they are being intimidating or trying to get rid of a poster, it just means they think the poster is writing a lot of tosh and as much as someone can express an opinion, another can disagree with it.

I don't think I'm intimidating in the slightest. Prone to typing too much but not in an intimidating way.

over a year ago

Nobody can deny that regular forum users can be down right nasty to newbies. It's been a problem as old as the ark. Rise above and do your thing

over a year ago

"It can seem intimidating and I have probably thrown in my fair share of 'comments' on new poster's threads. When I first started posting I didn't think it was intimidating and just threw myself into the fray.

Have to be able to take the rough with the smooth and you can end up 'playing to the crowd' (including the lurkers).

Lurkers ? "

Those who quietly read the posts without posting themselves.

*waves to lurkers*

over a year ago

"Nobody can deny that regular forum users can be down right nasty to newbies. It's been a problem as old as the ark. Rise above and do your thing"

Oh I'm fine me, this wasn't referring to me

Thicker skin that a rhino me

By *anc30Man
over a year ago

Warbuton

"Nobody can deny that regular forum users can be down right nasty to newbies. It's been a problem as old as the ark. Rise above and do your thing"

Good advice, I'll stick with it and hope for the best then! Haha x

over a year ago

Lurkers ?

*waves to lurkers*"

They're maybe nervous though

Invites Lurkers to join in on the crack

Don't be afraid or embarrassed to express yourselves

And I'm changing your name to by standers, I think that sounds a lot less intimidating to them

over a year ago

"Nobody can deny that regular forum users can be down right nasty to newbies. It's been a problem as old as the ark. Rise above and do your thing

Good advice, I'll stick with it and hope for the best then! Haha x"

Yes please do

over a year ago

Lurkers ?

*waves to lurkers*

They're maybe nervous though

Invites Lurkers to join in on the crack

Don't be afraid or embarrassed to express yourselves

And I'm changing your name to by standers, I think that sounds a lot less intimidating to them "

But are they innocent?

Post new Message to Thread