Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Which Album has influenced you or your

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't know if this has been done before but which Album has influenced you or your taste in music the most? For me it has to be 24 Nights Eric Clapton, because up until hearing this on CD I hadn't really taken much notice of the Blues until I hear the version of Have you Ever Loved a woman on this album, on my headphones and I was crying like a baby.. yet again I know..as I had just split up with my 1st love. And I was just like WHAT THE HELL!! And ever since that day I have loved the Electric Blues and Guitar music even more..

So what is your ONE and only album?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I don't know if this has been done before but which Album has influenced you or your taste in music the most? For me it has to be 24 Nights Eric Clapton, because up until hearing this on CD I hadn't really taken much notice of the Blues until I hear the version of Have you Ever Loved a woman on this album, on my headphones and I was crying like a baby.. yet again I know..as I had just split up with my 1st love. And I was just like WHAT THE HELL!! And ever since that day I have loved the Electric Blues and Guitar music even more..

So what is your ONE and only album?"

The Doors by the Doors, gateway to punk, blues, rock, for a 12 year old kid who knew nowt!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Metallica's... And Justice for All... That album turned me from a pop tart into a metalhead

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Mine was Santana Moonflower. I heard the title track on a jukebox in the south of France as a teenager, came home, bought the album, and was hooked, now when I really need to wind down, I playing this, candles lit, lights off

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/05/21 23:17:17]

over a year ago

"I don't know if this has been done before but which Album has influenced you or your taste in music the most? For me it has to be 24 Nights Eric Clapton, because up until hearing this on CD I hadn't really taken much notice of the Blues until I hear the version of Have you Ever Loved a woman on this album, on my headphones and I was crying like a baby.. yet again I know..as I had just split up with my 1st love. And I was just like WHAT THE HELL!! And ever since that day I have loved the Electric Blues and Guitar music even more..

The Doors by the Doors, gateway to punk, blues, rock, for a 12 year old kid who knew nowt! "

I have never heard that album in it entirety.. yet..

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Heart attack and vine by Tom Waits I would say has been the biggest. 15 when I first heard it and remember it like it was yesterday. In my opinion it's one of the best albums ever produced

R

over a year ago

Permission To Land by The Darkness. At the time all I heard or at least noticed, was indie or pop music. After listening to that I started seeking out rock and then metal.

over a year ago

"Metallica's... And Justice for All... That album turned me from a pop tart into a metalhead "

Love Metallica nearly as much as the Foo's

By *Ci LutherMan
over a year ago

Taunton

Led Zeppelin 2 your never forget your 1st love

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

The Doors by the Doors, gateway to punk, blues, rock, for a 12 year old kid who knew nowt!

I have never heard that album in it entirety.. yet.. "

Great opening tune, rather spectacular closing song!

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Who's Next, particularly the fantastic track:

Won't get fooled again.

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

Three albums

Slayed Alive . Slade

Paranoid . Deep Purple

The Who . Live at Leeds.

By *osmicRobMan
over a year ago

Chorlton cum Hardy

Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi. It was at a New Year's Eve party in 1986 where Living on a Prayer and You Give Love a Bad Name was played non stop an BJ became my favourite band. Prior to that I listened to pop and disco but BJ opened the door to rock and later metal, punk etc.

By *ophie199Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

Great start Mollers!! “Have you ever loved a woman” 24 nights is a great cover. Freddie King does the best version though. Blues music is the best.

over a year ago

"Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi. It was at a New Year's Eve party in 1986 where Living on a Prayer and You Give Love a Bad Name was played non stop an BJ became my favourite band. Prior to that I listened to pop and disco but BJ opened the door to rock and later metal, punk etc.

"

Same here. Except I saw Bon Jovi doing 'Livin' On A Prayer' on ToTP and that shifted me into rock, metal, punk, blues, indie, alternative etc. etc.

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Heart attack and vine by Tom Waits I would say has been the biggest. 15 when I first heard it and remember it like it was yesterday. In my opinion it's one of the best albums ever produced

R"

Heart Attack & Vine is a truly great album ( my first TW album was Asylum Years comp) But Raindogs was just on another level… different, scary & brilliant…. Used to play it to everybody, first time response was normally WTF… play it again !

over a year ago

"Three albums

Slayed Alive . Slade

Paranoid . Deep Purple

The Who . Live at Leeds.

"

But try to pick just one out of those mate?

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Three albums

Slayed Alive . Slade

Paranoid . Deep Purple

The Who . Live at Leeds.

But try to pick just one out of those mate?"

over a year ago

"Great start Mollers!! “Have you ever loved a woman” 24 nights is a great cover. Freddie King does the best version though. Blues music is the best. "

Can't wait for the Colne Blues festival to com back and Blues is the best just watching The Kris Barras Band on Youtube..another great band live..

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes - fell in love with the vocals and moved me from playing drums to playing guitar… my future career.

over a year ago

I think Nevermind by Nirvana. I was mid teens when it was released and it was the best album I ever heard and I wanted to be moody cool like Kurt Cobain... It changed the music I listened to and the clothes I wore forever

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS
over a year ago

dudley

Hearts Bad animals album and the album before it really influenced my musical taste for female fronted rock bands not just the music but also the fashion style that the “Paula “ side of me is influenced by

over a year ago

The Man Machine - Kraftwerk

Actually - Pet Shop Boys

The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails

My 3 favourite albums and still my 3 favourtie bands

By *osmicRobMan
over a year ago

Chorlton cum Hardy

"Three albums

Slayed Alive . Slade

Paranoid . Deep Purple

The Who . Live at Leeds.

"

Do you mean Paranoid by Black Sabbath rather than Deep Purple?

over a year ago

"Hearts Bad animals album and the album before it really influenced my musical taste for female fronted rock bands not just the music but also the fashion style that the “Paula “ side of me is influenced by"

Love Heart and Nancy Wilson is a guitar goddess

over a year ago

The Kick Inside - Kate Bush

I adore it, if there had been a play count from when I first listened to to now it it’d be a ridiculously huge number xx

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"The Kick Inside - Kate Bush

I adore it, if there had been a play count from when I first listened to to now it it’d be a ridiculously huge number xx"

Awesome album - she’s very underrated imho xx

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

Anything by Alison moyet

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Trying to look for at "most" vs "coolest" or whatever, it's probably Blur's Parklife. Came along at ezacithe right time and was the most significant influence in what I listened to for the next decade.

I wanted to say Caress of Steel by Rush, Agaetis Byrjun from Sigur Ros or F# A# Infinity by Godspeed! You Black Emperor, but in reality they had far less impact, as much as today I love them all more.

By *ieselJuiceMan
over a year ago

Stratford

For me its been The XX Intro. The track helps me think of what I gained and lost in my life. Kinda helps me focus on specific things by just closing my eyes and listening to the music.

https://youtu.be/veHqJSC-9Lo

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"Hearts Bad animals album and the album before it really influenced my musical taste for female fronted rock bands not just the music but also the fashion style that the “Paula “ side of me is influenced by

Love Heart and Nancy Wilson is a guitar goddess "

as a side note, I saw heart support queen at elland road

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Heart attack and vine by Tom Waits I would say has been the biggest. 15 when I first heard it and remember it like it was yesterday. In my opinion it's one of the best albums ever produced

R

Heart Attack & Vine is a truly great album ( my first TW album was Asylum Years comp) But Raindogs was just on another level… different, scary & brilliant…. Used to play it to everybody, first time response was normally WTF… play it again !"

Raindogs is definitely up there. Blue valentine holds a place in my heart also. I have some of his live sets. They are just stunning

R

over a year ago

R

Heart Attack & Vine is a truly great album ( my first TW album was Asylum Years comp) But Raindogs was just on another level… different, scary & brilliant…. Used to play it to everybody, first time response was normally WTF… play it again !

Raindogs is definitely up there. Blue valentine holds a place in my heart also. I have some of his live sets. They are just stunning

R"

Closing Time was my gateway to Tom Waits and he's one of the few artists I'll always be into. The Jim Jarmusch film 'Down By Law' is worth a watch for Tom Waits' fans.

over a year ago

"Hearts Bad animals album and the album before it really influenced my musical taste for female fronted rock bands not just the music but also the fashion style that the “Paula “ side of me is influenced by

Love Heart and Nancy Wilson is a guitar goddess as a side note, I saw heart support queen at elland road"

And you and me were getting along as good mates soo well.. cya .. git

over a year ago

Seventh Son of a Seveth Son - Iron Maiden

This album switched me from pop to rock/metal overnight. This then influenced the clubs I started going to, which in turn affected how much of my university course I attended and ultimately the level of degree and jobs I've ended up with.

Wouldn't change it for the world so thanks Iron Maiden

By *ophie199Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

Yawn

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

Closing Time was my gateway to Tom Waits and he's one of the few artists I'll always be into. The Jim Jarmusch film 'Down By Law' is worth a watch for Tom Waits' fans."

Aaahhhh Blue Valentine has KentuckyAvenue…. I often have something “stuck” in my eye when I hear that one… think I’ll put on some TW right now !

over a year ago

Very early influence was listening to Sergeant Peppers on my parents 1mtr long hifi with a heavy curly wire on huge headphones.

My teenage years were heavily influenced by The Joshua Tree and then Hysteria. Two albums I played over and over again.

Still love those albums

over a year ago

I really can't narrow this down to One, maybe not even Ten

Going back to the days of listening to my parents albums, through to finally starting my own collection, and through to finally recognising the genre I tend to favour.

But then the album's way off my favoured genre that have captivated me.

If I was to choose just three now, I'd possibly choose a different three next week

over a year ago

"I really can't narrow this down to One, maybe not even Ten

Going back to the days of listening to my parents albums, through to finally starting my own collection, and through to finally recognising the genre I tend to favour.

If I was to choose just three now, I'd possibly choose a different three next week "

So go on try to do it now...

over a year ago

"I really can't narrow this down to One, maybe not even Ten

If I was to choose just three now, I'd possibly choose a different three next week

So go on try to do it now... "

I've thought about it for the past ten minutes or so.

I just keep finding more.

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

The one that sticks out to me was how much an album changed my sister and my opinion of her. It was Jive bunny mega mix. That day was the day i vowed to myself not to become her.

over a year ago

And Justice For All, Metallica. Totally blew me away and still love it now. The build up and intro to Blackened was a total game changer for me. Got me into metal.

over a year ago

London Calling The Clash

Fleetwood Mac Pete Greens Fleetwood Mac

Ok Computer Radiohead

over a year ago

I grew up with my parents taste in music. Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Mowtown so my music appreciation was quite varied. When I heard rock (GnR Metallica etc) I gravitated towards it. Then I heard some of the genius mixing and merger of hip hop and disco in the Prodigy. Sampling and using music itself as the instrument. Their music opened my tastes to dance but also all the other genres. Prodigy presents The dirt chambers session Vol 1 is one of the best albums ever.

If you haven’t heard it look it up. Lots of the people above will appreciate it.

Now my music taste can be anything as long as it has a rawness inherent to it. I attribute that to them.

over a year ago

My musical epiphany was hearing the Beatles 1967-1970 compilation when I was 12. Blew my tiny mind when I heard Strawberry Fields.

Other albums that opened doors for me were Solid Air by John Martyn, Swordfish Trombones/Raindogs by Tom Waits, Life’s Rich Pageant by R.E.M. Exile on Main Street by the Stones, A Walk Across The Rooftops by The Blue Nile, All Sold Out by The Replacements...

I could go on and on lol

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

A date with Elvis, my mom and dad played this on a Saturday morning when I was a kid about 4 yrs . Still play it today.

over a year ago

Holy Bible by the Manics.

It taught me music can be complex and lyrically it's so visceral. Got me into grunge and reading new authors.

By *asilForty77Man
over a year ago

a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road

King's of Leon the first album blew my peanut

over a year ago

I couldn't pick one simply because I like to many different genres but if I had to marrow it down it would come to Dark Side of the Moon, any Motown compilation and Gold Mother by James

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Oasis - masterplan

Fat of the land - prodigy

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Joni Mitchell - Hejira

Was totally sucked into her world as soon as Jaco Pastorius’s bass playing kicked in on Coyote.

Gorgeous songs - the sparse instrumentation is perfect and lyrics are so eloquent and poetic .

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

The album that REALLY got me into rock music was Rush's Exit Stage Left. I was getting into rock due to my friends and my dad, but when that was released in 81 I was in for good. It was never off my record player.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Mid twenties my album trilogy was Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt Pepper. No need to mention the name of the band.

I also loved The Small Faces albums with some mid 60s Dylan thrown in.

I adopted the look and the swagger and boy I got the girls.

Oasis were more successful with that look but I don’t think they truly understood the mid 60s vibe.

over a year ago

Simple Minds Alive and Kicking

I was skiving off School and had set up camp at one of my brothers mates houses, I had a huge crush on him and we were listening to music and he played this album, I was hooked, it became the background to my teenage years and set the theme for my life

I still have it on my USB in the car

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Simple Minds Alive and Kicking

I was skiving off School and had set up camp at one of my brothers mates houses, I had a huge crush on him and we were listening to music and he played this album, I was hooked, it became the background to my teenage years and set the theme for my life

I still have it on my USB in the car"

The album is Once Upon a Time and you are right it's full of great tracks. My personal favourite is Come a Long Way.

over a year ago

The album is Once Upon a Time and you are right it's full of great tracks. My personal favourite is Come a Long Way. "

Yes! I didn't think I had got the title right I love Ghostdancing

I also loved Sparkles in the Rain album.

And Jim Kerr still sounds so so good all these years later

over a year ago

Sisters of Mercy- First and Last and Always

God, a club full of black clad Goths all mooching around in Birmingham. Fishnets, heels, lace and leather- haven’t changed much in my fashion sense tbh

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

The album is Once Upon a Time and you are right it's full of great tracks. My personal favourite is Come a Long Way.

And Jim Kerr still sounds so so good all these years later "

And Live in the city of Light that was released on the back of it. Ghost Dancing starting it of with that loud guitar. Great sound and again packed with hits. The best version of Waterfront imo.

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Sisters of Mercy- First and Last and Always

God, a club full of black clad Goths all mooching around in Birmingham. Fishnets, heels, lace and leather- haven’t changed much in my fashion sense tbh "

Not Floodland?!!

By *rsPricklePantsWoman
over a year ago

Room 237 at The Overlook Hotel, Suffolk

Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

My music taste is varied but think this is what opened it up when I was younger

over a year ago

"Sisters of Mercy- First and Last and Always

God, a club full of black clad Goths all mooching around in Birmingham. Fishnets, heels, lace and leather- haven’t changed much in my fashion sense tbh

Not Floodland?!! "

I thought we had to choose one

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

Kick Out The Jams - MC5

over a year ago

Nevermind the Bollocks - Sex Pistols. Never really had my own taste or owned any music of my own. Only listened to my brothers music. T- Rex, Wings, Queen and the like or my sister's Osmond's, Bay City Rollers, David Cassidy etc. Then all of a sudden "I Am An Anti-Christ"

over a year ago

And Jim Kerr still sounds so so good all these years later

And Live in the city of Light that was released on the back of it. Ghost Dancing starting it of with that loud guitar. Great sound and again packed with hits. The best version of Waterfront imo. "

I have that on DVD and agree it is stunning sound. I also have Seen the Lights Live in Verona, loved the live version of Belfast Child and Don't you (forget about me)

God going to have watch both later

over a year ago

It would definitely be a compilation of Motown Hits I bought when I was 15. Opened up a whole new world of American soul music which has been my musical passion ever since.

over a year ago

Vienna by Ultravox. Gateway album to the (then) new synthesiser music, and then lead on a love of electronic music that continues to this day,

By *eyondhornyMan
over a year ago

Abercynon-ish

Metallica - Metallica, or the Black album as it was often called, which by the way is 30 Years Old!

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I can’t attribute one album as one album has not changed my musical tastes but more added to my appreciation of different music.

Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene - he blew me away with his vision.

Def Leppard - Hysteria - this was my introduction into Rock...it got played to death.

I love music in all forms and I’ve been to see so many concerts/gigs from classical to heavy metal and it’s all due to being introduced to different music early on.

K

By *elshyXOMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I mean, its impossible not to be influenced by OK Computer

over a year ago

"I can’t attribute one album as one album has not changed my musical tastes but more added to my appreciation of different music.

Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene - he blew me away with his vision.

Def Leppard - Hysteria - this was my introduction into Rock...it got played to death.

I love music in all forms and I’ve been to see so many concerts/gigs from classical to heavy metal and it’s all due to being introduced to different music early on.

K

"

Agree - love JMJ

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Love - Da Capo

By *obandlollyCouple
over a year ago

Long Eaton

This is like asking which is my favourite child(it's always the cat by the way!)....

I more or less like all types of music, no one set genre that I listen too more than another (is girly singer/songwriters a genre?)....the main ones are...

Rock- 2112-Rush....this is the album that everyone should listen to at least once in their lifetime!

Folk- anything by capercaillie...Karen Mathewson's voice is liquid velvet you really don't need to be able to understand Gaelic

Indie- Stop Making Sense -Talking Heads....sublime

Kate Bush - hounds of love...the b side influenced my art college experience immensely.

Bob

By *nto My ArmsMan
over a year ago

Herts/London

R

R

Closing Time was my gateway to Tom Waits and he's one of the few artists I'll always be into. The Jim Jarmusch film 'Down By Law' is worth a watch for Tom Waits' fans.

Aaahhhh Blue Valentine has KentuckyAvenue…. I often have something “stuck” in my eye when I hear that one… think I’ll put on some TW right now !"

Frank's Wild Years for me. A 99p cassette out of the Woolworths bargain bin. Opened up a whole new world xx

over a year ago

Iron Maiden, Killers. I was a bit of a headbanger back then anyway, transitioning from a bit of Glam and the general pop charts. Their first album was good, but Killers blew me away really, and converted me fully to the genre (all be it with an appreciation of other styles). It’s still my favourite album by them, and if that whole NWOBHM scene.

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Stockport

Initially I thought of Kings of the Wild Frontier by Adam and the Ants, that was my first music obsession. I played that album so much in my little tape deck. But the question was about influence so I'll go for Let's Dance by Bowie. It was the first Bowie album I bought, it's not his best and it's not my favourite, it opened me to his back catalogue though and all of his influences from Scott Walker, Kraftwerk, Velvet Underground, Phillip Glass, Steve Reich the list can go on and on. It added culture/galleries to my life, it's enriched me.

over a year ago

Thanks for the comments everyone it is really great to see what albums have influenced you and why. I have woken up this morning and my choice, just as I am sure everyone else may have done, has changed after some more thought on it.

This Morning my choice would be QUEENII as IMHO you can hear them working towards Bo Rap and I don't forget that this is the bands second album

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

Aaahhhh Blue Valentine has KentuckyAvenue…. I often have something “stuck” in my eye when I hear that one… think I’ll put on some TW right now !"

I can't listen to On the Nickel without getting a lump in my throat

R

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I wish it was something of a cool album, but my honest answer is Dancing with Strangers by Chris Rea.

It has three tracks that I can listen to endlessly, Windy Town that reminds me of a night out I once had with a mate I lost awhile back. Loving you again about a previous relationship and Curse of the traveller the lyrics I feel are relevant to me and how I feel about life.

So not the most famous albums but to me it’s everything

over a year ago

Low end Theory by Tribe called quest. They kind of calibrated my tastes for decent hip-hop, I knew what I liked after that.

over a year ago

Blur - Parklife, as a 13 year old, because it lead me to The Kinks, which lead me to The Small Faces, which lead me to PP Arnold, Joe Cocker etc etc.

over a year ago

Thanks again for your input everyone it is much appreciated

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Great question and interesting thread OP

While there have been many albums that have moved and indeed influenced me in various ways (All Mod Cons, Steve McQueen, Definitely Maybe, Park Life, Glory Boys, The Liberty Of Norton Folgate, Sgt Peppers, Revolver and many more) there is ONE that definitely shaped my musical tastes like no other and led to a 40 year plus love affair that continues to this day...

....imagine if you will 14 year old GM just starring to find his musical feet, standing in HMV, Enfield at Xmas 1979 clutching his Xmas money which was enough for two albums and two albums only - he already had in his hand The Fine Art Of Surfacing by The Boomtown Rats so had room for one more...the dilemma was whether to pick The Wall by Pink Floyd or One Step Beyond by Madness as the second album and he couldn't decide which....eventually after much agonising Floyd were returned to the rack and Camden's finest were purchased....

....in that moment a musical journey began - One Step Beyond was barely off the record player from the moment it was played and paved the way to Madness being seen 60+ times and friendships being forged that have lasted a lifetime and a taste in music that went from Two Tone into mod, reggae, Motown, Northern Soul and a whole lot more besides...

....have often wondered how things would have panned out if I'd picked up Floyd on that cold post-Xmas day

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

"Three albums

Slayed Alive . Slade

Paranoid . Deep Purple

The Who . Live at Leeds.

But try to pick just one out of those mate?"

Slade Alive . Slade

over a year ago

Prince - Purple Rain.

Set me on a 35+ year obsession with the purple perv

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Great question and interesting thread OP

While there have been many albums that have moved and indeed influenced me in various ways (All Mod Cons, Steve McQueen, Definitely Maybe, Park Life, Glory Boys, The Liberty Of Norton Folgate, Sgt Peppers, Revolver and many more) there is ONE that definitely shaped my musical tastes like no other and led to a 40 year plus love affair that continues to this day...

....imagine if you will 14 year old GM just starring to find his musical feet, standing in HMV, Enfield at Xmas 1979 clutching his Xmas money which was enough for two albums and two albums only - he already had in his hand The Fine Art Of Surfacing by The Boomtown Rats so had room for one more...the dilemma was whether to pick The Wall by Pink Floyd or One Step Beyond by Madness as the second album and he couldn't decide which....eventually after much agonising Floyd were returned to the rack and Camden's finest were purchased....

....in that moment a musical journey began - One Step Beyond was barely off the record player from the moment it was played and paved the way to Madness being seen 60+ times and friendships being forged that have lasted a lifetime and a taste in music that went from Two Tone into mod, reggae, Motown, Northern Soul and a whole lot more besides...

....have often wondered how things would have panned out if I'd picked up Floyd on that cold post-Xmas day "

Or if you'd had the choice of streaming both and may have ended up committing to neither if you even bothered listening to them all the way through, which seems a quaint anachronism these days.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

As others have said, it's very difficult to pinpoint one but the albums that probably made the most lasting impressions were:

Purple Rain - Prince

Automatic for the People - REM

Is this It - The Strokes

Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

Johnny Cash - American Recordings IV

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS
over a year ago

dudley

Love Heart and Nancy Wilson is a guitar goddess as a side note, I saw heart support queen at elland road"

that would have been around the time of the Private audition album with the epic song Bright light girl

By *P15Man
over a year ago

staines

"Metallica's... And Justice for All... That album turned me from a pop tart into a metalhead

Love Metallica nearly as much as the Foo's "

The Foos first album for me. I’d been floating around grunge for a bit but that was the one that got its claws in.

Could still probably remember every lyric!

Damn I’m off to listen now...

By *P15Man
over a year ago

staines

I still have it on my USB in the car"

Not to mention they soundtracked one of the greatest movie moments of the 80’s (and therefore all time )

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Adge Cutler - Live.

Another one who lived fast and died young.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"

....have often wondered how things would have panned out if I'd picked up Floyd on that cold post-Xmas day

Or if you'd had the choice of streaming both and may have ended up committing to neither if you even bothered listening to them all the way through, which seems a quaint anachronism these days."

Streaming back then was when you went fishing for tadpoles and sticklebacks etc

But you're right - can't remember the last time I listened to a whole new album more than once

By *ambozaMan
over a year ago

kilburn park

Black Market by Weather Report... got me into Jazz fusion and Funk.

Post new Message to Thread