FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Have you ever pretended to be into something just to impress a future conquest ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Back in the day, this one time, someone I fancied was talking about her love for The Cure to a bunch of her friends, I blurted out that I too was a big fan, she said oh yeah, what’s your favourite song. I hadn’t thought this through, I wasn’t expecting probing questions, but thinking on my feet I said the only Cure song I knew at the time, which was The Lovecats. So I said Lovecats. She gave me a slightly disappointed look and said ‘Everyone likes that one!’ My heart sank and they carried on talking about The Cure and I felt like Joey when everyone else is using big words in that episode of Friends that time.

Any who, a lesser man would have left it there and cut his loses. But Undeterred I’d gone out and bought a best of compilation, dyed my hair and bought some bright red lipstick and applied it liberally, cue to some time later after I spent an evening listening to all things Cure, (a best of) I saw her again the next day, so I said, ‘I also like ‘A forest.’ She looked slightly perplexed for a while, then realising what I was on about, she gave me a slightly encouraging nod and carried on talking to her friends, she then turned around again, ‘Are you wearing lipstick ?’ I nodded, she said ‘Bless!’ then carried on chatting to her friends, i heard some derisory laughter which I presumed was at my expense, I took that as my cue to leave. I’d like to say that woman is now my mercurial muse and life partner, but the ship had clearly sailed and there was no coming back from The Lovecats fiasco, plus she saw me wearing a Mike and the Mechanics t shirt two week’s later.

So, what have you done to try and impress someone you fancy ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I made them a cassette of a love song and left it on their pillow with “play me” on it.

I should point out I had spent the weekend with them and was not in fact being the Milk Tray woman depositing a box of crocs after breaking in.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"I made them a cassette of a love song and left it on their pillow with “play me” on it.

I should point out I had spent the weekend with them and was not in fact being the Milk Tray woman depositing a box of crocs after breaking in.

"

Chocs not crocs. I love those shoes but not that much.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

Normal. I pretended to be normal to hide my social anxiety

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Nothing but I've had it done to me, he didn't think that I'd call him on it though

over a year ago

"I made them a cassette of a love song and left it on their pillow with “play me” on it.

"

You were singing the love song ?

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

You were singing the love song ? "

Hell no. Stevie Nicks was.

over a year ago

Hell no. Stevie Nicks was. "

Love Stevie, what a voice.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Oh C J. C J, C J, C J.

To be fair I've done similar. I joined the Tories society at university because this glorious creature with a mane of brunette waves and pearls and a Jack Wills gilet was very flirty with me. I went on a few dates with her and then left the society. The things I'll do for quim.

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

Back in the day, this one time, someone I fancied was talking about her love for The Cure to a bunch of her friends, I blurted out that I too was a big fan, she said oh yeah, what’s your favourite song. I hadn’t thought this through, I wasn’t expecting probing questions, but thinking on my feet I said the only Cure song I knew at the time, which was The Lovecats. So I said Lovecats. She gave me a slightly disappointed look and said ‘Everyone likes that one!’ My heart sank and they carried on talking about The Cure and I felt like Joey when everyone else is using big words in that episode of Friends that time.

Any who, a lesser man would have left it there and cut his loses. But Undeterred I’d gone out and bought a best of compilation, dyed my hair and bought some bright red lipstick and applied it liberally, cue to some time later after I spent an evening listening to all things Cure, (a best of) I saw her again the next day, so I said, ‘I also like ‘A forest.’ She looked slightly perplexed for a while, then realising what I was on about, she gave me a slightly encouraging nod and carried on talking to her friends, she then turned around again, ‘Are you wearing lipstick ?’ I nodded, she said ‘Bless!’ then carried on chatting to her friends, i heard some derisory laughter which I presumed was at my expense, I took that as my cue to leave. I’d like to say that woman is now my mercurial muse and life partner, but the ship had clearly sailed and there was no coming back from The Lovecats fiasco, plus she saw me wearing a Mike and the Mechanics t shirt two week’s later.

So, what have you done to try and impress someone you fancy ? "

You in your mid fifties OP?

I once wore fishnet and lipstick to show a girl I liked I was like Budgie. She went off with an older kid!

over a year ago

"Oh C J. C J, C J, C J.

To be fair I've done similar. I joined the Tories society at university because this glorious creature with a mane of brunette waves and pearls and a Jack Wills gilet was very flirty with me. I went on a few dates with her and then left the society. The things I'll do for quim."

Classic

over a year ago

Hell no. Stevie Nicks was.

Love Stevie, what a voice. "

That we agree on ...

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

The Smiths. I pretended to love them. Was up until 4.30am listening to the songs and googling about them when I was 18 to impress a boy. Also told him I liked casual sex because I wasnt like other girls.

I hated the smiths, I was a virgin and I was just like all other 18 year old girls trying to be unique.

Whenever I go back to my home town I give him the best evil look I can but only if he’s not looking and I’m wearing sunglasses

over a year ago

I pretended to be the smith’s once.

I love the smiths.

over a year ago

"The Smiths. I pretended to love them. Was up until 4.30am listening to the songs and googling about them when I was 18 to impress a boy. Also told him I liked casual sex because I wasnt like other girls.

I hated the smiths, I was a virgin and I was just like all other 18 year old girls trying to be unique.

Whenever I go back to my home town I give him the best evil look I can but only if he’s not looking and I’m wearing sunglasses"

I loved the Smith's ... still do therefore never been cool

over a year ago

I went in the opposite direction. I pretends tk know nothing about a subject to elicit more time with her when I knew everything about it.

over a year ago

She's said she was into pegging. I thought it was something to do with tents.

Imagine my surprise etc.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I said so enthusiastically that yes, I would love a go on his windsurfing board.

Couldn't even lift the sail off the water (oh no! what a shame).

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"She's said she was into pegging. I thought it was something to do with tents.

Imagine my surprise etc. "

You loved it though, didn't you.

over a year ago

Just ask her to take it down a peg or two

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I pretended I was into that once

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

No, I’ve always enjoyed watching the rugby and Grand Tours

over a year ago

Imagine my surprise etc.

I pretended I was into that once "

It was an in tents experience.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"The Smiths. I pretended to love them. Was up until 4.30am listening to the songs and googling about them when I was 18 to impress a boy. Also told him I liked casual sex because I wasnt like other girls.

Whenever I go back to my home town I give him the best evil look I can but only if he’s not looking and I’m wearing sunglasses"

Oh god. The "not like other girls" was a strong energy for me. Those sunglasses of yours really do have many uses.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Not consciously but, looking back, there seems no other explanation for my time as a basket weaver at the local WI.

over a year ago

Most of the men on here pretend to be straight

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

No, I don’t think I ever have, but people have for me and it’s not really that nice. I like to be me and others to be themselves

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

No but I did once jump onto a wall to impress a boy I fancied, and promptly fell off the other side

Doh

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

Many years ago . I was working away from home. Used a local nightclub . Area had friends that I knew. One night while in club . Female who was in group that I was with , chatting to. DJ started to play some rock and roll . The female asked if I could dance. I was able to do some basic Jive dance moves. So said yes. One of my friends jabbed me in ribs . I just looked and went with female to dance floor. Within a few seconds realised she was very good. Told afterwards by friend , female was a medal winning Jive dancer .

over a year ago

Can't say that I have. A few have for me though.

Post new Message to Thread