Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Always a drama

Jump to newest

By *reatformeat OP   Woman
over a year ago

my own bubble

I do find people make a drama out of everything on fab especially over single guys mailing them . Fab as a whole host of filters to block unwanted mail . Simply use them and stop whining

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I do find people make a drama out of everything on fab especially over single guys mailing them . Fab as a whole host of filters to block unwanted mail . Simply use them and stop whining "

I might do just that. Simply use the single guys mailing me and stop whining.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have never been one for whining, I take things as they come and I’ve had a good time on this site

What will be will be

Reply privately

over a year ago

Whilst I agree that it’s fairly pointless whining, why should women have to take action to prevent abuse?

Men should learn to behave

Reply privately

over a year ago

We comment on threads. Doesn’t mean we are moaning in general. We use filters. I’m glad we’ve got all that sorted. It’s all just part of the fab game. And to be honest we find desperation in messages just a little sad. Yet amusing. Just before we hit block and delete

J

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do find people make a drama out of everything on fab especially over single guys mailing them . Fab as a whole host of filters to block unwanted mail . Simply use them and stop whining "
it's not that we make a drama. It's the fact people dont bother reading profiles that can rill us all up.

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I shall be having concrete filters turned on for Monday, or I can see hundreds of hotel sex invites coming

Reply privately

over a year ago

my own bubble

"I have never been one for whining, I take things as they come and I’ve had a good time on this site

What will be will be "

As it should be i don’t get all the bitching and sniping in the forums especially over single guys , most are here to be polite and have fun but people continually tar them with the same brush

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Whilst I agree that it’s fairly pointless whining, why should women have to take action to prevent abuse?

Men should learn to behave"

We’re not all that bad, there are some of us that do have respect but unfortunately there are some that don’t

That’s life unfortunately

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I just block everyone. So much easier

Reply privately

over a year ago

my own bubble

"Whilst I agree that it’s fairly pointless whining, why should women have to take action to prevent abuse?

We’re not all that bad, there are some of us that do have respect but unfortunately there are some that don’t

That’s life unfortunately"

You will find equal amounts of couples and woman with bad attitudes to but they never get a mention

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

Filters don't stop anything.

In fact if anyone has ever messaged before, and you put all filters on, they can still message again.

I know this because currently I have men blocked but because I never used this feature until a few months ago, I still get alot of messages from those who have previously, even over a year ago guys like to rear their heads again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Filters don't stop anything.

In fact if anyone has ever messaged before, and you put all filters on, they can still message again.

I know this because currently I have men blocked but because I never used this feature until a few months ago, I still get alot of messages from those who have previously, even over a year ago guys like to rear their heads again."

Dont stop everything*

Reply privately

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"I have never been one for whining, I take things as they come and I’ve had a good time on this site

What will be will be

As it should be i don’t get all the bitching and sniping in the forums especially over single guys , most are here to be polite and have fun but people continually tar them with the same brush "

So what's your point OP...

It's the way YOU react that sets you apart??? And this thread isn't a good start!

Reply privately

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

If people are rude or annoying then we just don’t meet them Simples

This site can be as hard work as you make it or it can be enjoyable

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some of you ladies have been just as bad as use men but it’s life not everyone is after the same thing people see things differently all the time

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry I have to agree men & women get rejected on here but I only ever see dudes putting up threads complaining about never getting reply’s !

First off your not helping your cause by putting your stuff on blast

women don’t like men bitching about not getting hit up !

You move on it’s a hook up site don’t take things so personally! It happens to me often ! Surprising I know ha but it happens

Wat some girl might not like about you the next one might !

My advice is don’t broadcast it !

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

‘Some’ men.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do find people make a drama out of everything on fab especially over single guys mailing them . Fab as a whole host of filters to block unwanted mail . Simply use them and stop whining

Sorry I have to agree men & women get rejected on here but I only ever see dudes putting up threads complaining about never getting reply’s !

First off your not helping your cause by putting your stuff on blast

women don’t like men bitching about not getting hit up !

You move on it’s a hook up site don’t take things so personally! It happens to me often ! Surprising I know ha but it happens

Wat some girl might not like about you the next one might !

My advice is don’t broadcast it ! "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Filters don't stop everything.

I know this because currently I have men blocked but because I never used this feature until a few months ago, I still get alot of messages from those who have previously, even over a year ago guys like to rear their heads again."

Oh i didn't know this, i assumed once you were blocked, you couldnt view or message.. I wonder if it is a bug?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If people are rude or annoying then we just don’t meet them Simples

This site can be as hard work as you make it or it can be enjoyable

"

Take everyone and everything on here with a grain of salt !

It’s fun so that’s exactly how I approach it I never get offended by the negatives that can arise ! Laugh it off the problem is usually with them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just want everyone to have a good time in life but that will not always happen

Sometimes you have to sift though shit to find a gem

Hope you all have a good day

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know this because currently I have men blocked but because I never used this feature until a few months ago, I still get alot of messages from those who have previously, even over a year ago guys like to rear their heads again.

Oh i didn't know this, i assumed once you were blocked, you couldnt view or message.. I wonder if it is a bug? "

Blocking would stop it.

I was on about the OPs point, using the "dont allow messages from men" filter.

My block list would be enormous if I blocked them all that did it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh i didn't know this, i assumed once you were blocked, you couldnt view or message.. I wonder if it is a bug?

Blocking would stop it.

I was on about the OPs point, using the "dont allow messages from men" filter.

My block list would be enormous if I blocked them all that did it "

Ah i get what you are, saying now

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Oh i didn't know this, i assumed once you were blocked, you couldnt view or message.. I wonder if it is a bug? "

If someone is blocked they can't view or message

If someone falls outside filters and haven't previously interacted with the filter owner they can view but not message.

If the filter owner has sent a message to another user it overrides any filters that are put in place either at the point the message was sent or in future.

So filters are *only* effective if you have never replied or messaged the other person.

Reply privately

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

You will find equal amounts of couples and woman with bad attitudes to but they never get a mention "

In my ten years here I've had thousands of rude, disrespectful, nasty and scary messages from men.

I've had two from women (one was clearly ill) and less than five from a couple, most of whom were men pretending to be couples.

OP, I will not block men just like I wear what I want. Men need to learn how to read with their eyes and treat other humans with respect.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If someone falls outside filters and haven't previously interacted with the filter owner they can view but not message.

If the filter owner has sent a message to another user it overrides any filters that are put in place either at the point the message was sent or in future.

So filters are *only* effective if you have never replied or messaged the other person."

You dont have to have replied.

I havnt replied to alot that are able to message again.

It is simply if they sent you a message when filters are down

Reply privately

over a year ago

You will find equal amounts of couples and woman with bad attitudes to but they never get a mention

In my ten years here I've had thousands of rude, disrespectful, nasty and scary messages from men.

I've had two from women (one was clearly ill) and less than five from a couple, most of whom were men pretending to be couples.

OP, I will not block men just like I wear what I want. Men need to learn how to read with their eyes and treat other humans with respect."

We’re not all that bad honest some of us are ok at best lol but we get tarred with the same brush.

Reply privately

over a year ago

my own bubble

OP, I will not block men just like I wear what I want. Men need to learn how to read with their eyes and treat other humans with respect."

Well how come I’ve only ever had 2? Why are these guys singling out certain woman ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well how come I’ve only ever had 2? Why are these guys singling out certain woman ? "

Oh I remember you now.

You saod the same thing a few months back, because YOU havn't received much abuse, it can't be true others do, or we have done something to deserve it, right?

I am sure that was your point before, I would be curious if you still think this or your viewpoint has changed.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

So filters are *only* effective if you have never replied or messaged the other person."

This is how it works.

It’s unfortunate but the filters are designed to not bar people you’ve interacted with in the past, from messaging. The site assumes that if you’ve replied, you’re happy to still receive contact. If you’re not, you have to block

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’m not sure how their complaints are whining but your complaints are legitimate, OP.

If someone is bothered by things, just as you are, then making a thread is justified. We shouldn’t assume that anyone is the judge of what is whining and what is a legitimate complaint

Reply privately

over a year ago

‘Some’ men."

Yes, I wasn’t tarring all men with the same brush, simply those who don’t know how to behave

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow this is getting out of hand I’ll leave you guys to get on with it have a good day all

Reply privately

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

OP, I will not block men just like I wear what I want. Men need to learn how to read with their eyes and treat other humans with respect.

We’re not all that bad honest some of us are ok at best lol but we get tarred with the same brush.

"

No, you don't.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

‘Some’ men."

Reply privately

over a year ago

No, you don't."

Feels like it sometimes

Reply privately

over a year ago

Point above if blocking doesn’t work then report them 48hours max there gone ! Your on a site full off creeps and desperate people and I’m not just saying men here !

I get abuse all the time ! Women can be as bat shit crazy as men !

But I take a step back think why is that person lashing out ?cause of obvious problems with there own life !

I get people take abuse harder then others I’m not making light of the situation but if it’s putting that much of a burden on some people just delete it problem solved !

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's Friday today, a day nearer things being back to normal. Let's all just snug up and smile through it all. If someone's bothering you, ignore or block and move on. People are people. Whether male or female. There's always going to be people we don't get on with but rise above and move on.

Hugs to you all x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's Friday today, a day nearer things being back to normal. Let's all just snug up and smile through it all. If someone's bothering you, ignore or block and move on. People are people. Whether male or female. There's always going to be people we don't get on with but rise above and move on.

Hugs to you all x"

I would but I don’t like you ! I’m willing to maybe contemplate a fist pump ?

No promises tho

Reply privately

over a year ago

You will find equal amounts of couples and woman with bad attitudes to but they never get a mention "

Men with bad attitudes far outweigh the women and couples.

Another tip is to just take 'Men' off the Looking for list. Takes your profile off their searches and reduces mail massively.

Reply privately

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

No, you don't.

Feels like it sometimes "

Women have to check their responses to men every day of their lives for fear of retaliation. We laugh at sexist jokes, 'compliments' and all the other crap we are subjected to in the hope that we won't end up being the subject of their sexual gratification.

When you get on public transport, do you carefully consider where to sit? Do you dress every morning for yourself and change again because you know your choice will end up in lurid stares and comments from men?

It's all men for me until the individual proves otherwise, my sense of safety and freedom depends on it.

My male friends have occasionally said things that have immediately put me on guard and when I've told them.they completely understand why.

Call your men friends out on every poor behaviour.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah but where’s the fun in that, moaning let’s off endorphin’s which gives the moaner an enormous sense of well being, so let people have their moan. And men stop mailing women, you’ve been told once and I’m not telling you lot again!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You tell 'em girl!

Reply privately

over a year ago

No, you don't.

Feels like it sometimes

Women have to check their responses to men every day of their lives for fear of retaliation. We laugh at sexist jokes, 'compliments' and all the other crap we are subjected to in the hope that we won't end up being the subject of their sexual gratification.

When you get on public transport, do you carefully consider where to sit? Do you dress every morning for yourself and change again because you know your choice will end up in lurid stares and comments from men?

It's all men for me until the individual proves otherwise, my sense of safety and freedom depends on it.

My male friends have occasionally said things that have immediately put me on guard and when I've told them.they completely understand why.

"

Reply privately

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Another tip is to just take 'Men' off the Looking for list. Takes your profile off their searches and reduces mail massively. "

But then the fabs and messages saying how beautiful they are will disappear too

Reply privately

over a year ago

Another tip is to just take 'Men' off the Looking for list. Takes your profile off their searches and reduces mail massively.

But then the fabs and messages saying how beautiful they are will disappear too "

There is that, I would miss being told I’m beautiful, it’s very much swings and roundabouts, I’m still undecided.

Reply privately

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"I do find people make a drama out of everything on fab especially over single guys mailing them . Fab as a whole host of filters to block unwanted mail . Simply use them and stop whining it's not that we make a drama. It's the fact people dont bother reading profiles that can rill us all up. "

Exactly, and the not reading profiles also applies to solo females and couples

Reply privately

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"I do find people make a drama out of everything on fab especially over single guys mailing them . Fab as a whole host of filters to block unwanted mail . Simply use them and stop whining

I might do just that. Simply use the single guys mailing me and stop whining. "

I feel so used

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do find people make a drama out of everything on fab especially over single guys mailing them . Fab as a whole host of filters to block unwanted mail . Simply use them and stop whining it's not that we make a drama. It's the fact people dont bother reading profiles that can rill us all up.

Exactly, and the not reading profiles also applies to solo females and couples "

Very much so, it surprises me how few women read a profile too

Reply privately

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"There is that, I would miss being told I’m beautiful, it’s very much swings and roundabouts, I’m still undecided. "

You're beautiful

You're beautiful

You're beautiful, it's true

I saw your face in a crowded place

And I don't know what to do

'Cause I'll never be with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

But then the fabs and messages saying how beautiful they are will disappear too "

I felt amazing last week when hundreds of the menfolk were wanking over my remote control pic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is a lot of bad women on here. And I mean bad.

How dare they dictate to us men!

Well I'm not havin it.

Come at me bitches

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've noticed a lot of hard feeling towards single men.

We've never had anyone rude or abusive towards us. They've all been respectful but maybe we've been lucky and the singles weve bee lucky enough to meet have been great.

We do get the messages where we're clearly one of many that have been sent out but we just ignore those and move on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is a lot of bad women on here. And I mean bad.

Well I'm not havin it.

Come at me bitches "

I was waiting for you to arrive

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is a lot of bad women on here. And I mean bad.

Well I'm not havin it.

Come at me bitches

I was waiting for you to arrive "

Some bottoms need smacking.

Reply privately

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

The irony of opening a thread complaining about people complaining

Reply privately

over a year ago

No, you don't.

Feels like it sometimes

"

Do you honestly think some men don’t have this problem?

Not every guy is a arshole or a sexist pig, both men and ladies have issues, some don’t give a shit some do, this is life, we’re not all the same and we will never be the same

Reply privately

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

I wonder how many forumites drive Seat cars.

There’s always a drama.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Welcome to the forum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The irony of opening a thread complaining about people complaining "

I thought irony was when you were after a spoon but you could only find a fork ?!

Reply privately

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman
over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

#Ilovemoaningespeciallywhenbeingtakenhardfrombehind

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

The way I see it....

Your annoyances will differ from someone else’s, your opinions will differ and your likes/dislikes will too, we’re all human and we’re all triggered by varying subjects

Yes there are people who feed on drama or indeed cause it I just step back from those threads. Equally there are threads where I think this could be fun and so I choose to get involved and have a flirt or a well balanced opinion.

Drama only effects you if you put yourself into the mix, I’m here for fun if I make some friends along the way that’s great, I don’t tolerate drama in real life from people I actually know so why let the virtual world be any different x

Reply privately

over a year ago

How about that weather today eh ! ?

Reply privately

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"The irony of opening a thread complaining about people complaining

I thought irony was when you were after a spoon but you could only find a fork ?!"

You thought wrong

Reply privately

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"How about that weather today eh ! ? "

It's not raining here. Woop woop

Reply privately

over a year ago

I thought irony was when you were after a spoon but you could only find a fork ?!

You thought wrong "

I have learned so much already today.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haha. Well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How about that weather today eh ! ?

It's not raining here. Woop woop "

I got rain to

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife

Reply privately

over a year ago

I got rain to "

See so easily fixed bro ! Sun is shinning here to

Reply privately

over a year ago

I got rain to

See so easily fixed bro ! Sun is shinning here to "

Lucky guy it’s rain rain rain all day by the looks of it

Reply privately

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

You thought wrong

I have learned so much already today. "

It find these forums very educational at so many levels

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"The irony of opening a thread complaining about people complaining "

I did think about starting a thread to complain about the complaints about complaining but I thought that people would just complain, so I remain compliant

Reply privately

over a year ago

I did think about starting a thread to complain about the complaints about complaining but I thought that people would just complain, so I remain compliant"

Wer all complained out basically

Reply privately

over a year ago

On fab you don’t need to curry favour with the men folk, you can be an absolute cunt and they’ll still want to shag you.

This reads like one of those threads where a woman says here men, I have your back therefore I’m amazing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"On fab you don’t need to curry favour with the men folk, you can be an absolute cunt and they’ll still want to shag you.

This reads like one of those threads where a woman says here men, I have your back therefore I’m amazing. "

I read that as curry flavour, I was thinking I love turmeric

Reply privately

over a year ago

"On fab you don’t need to curry favour with the men folk, you can be an absolute cunt and they’ll still want to shag you.

This reads like one of those threads where a woman says here men, I have your back therefore I’m amazing. "

if I don’t agree I won’t have a girls back just for the sake to please her !

Not all us men are as desperate as some women like to make us out to be !

But this sounds borderline complaining so yeah you’r completely correct

Reply privately

over a year ago

No, you don't.

Feels like it sometimes

Do you honestly think some men don’t have this problem?

Not every guy is a arshole or a sexist pig, both men and ladies have issues, some don’t give a shit some do, this is life, we’re not all the same and we will never be the same"

Of course men have that problem too but not in the same way or numbers that women do.

There's some wonderful men in the world.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

She didn't mention abuse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This reads like one of those threads where a woman says here men, I have your back therefore I’m amazing.

But this sounds borderline complaining so yeah you’r completely correct "

The only problem I’ve ever encountered on here and I’m speaking as someone that’s been here for 11 years now, a guy could be reasonably sound and friendly with me, could write some comments in the forums or by way of a private message, I don’t see or respond to it or I flat out say they’re not my type, that then creates a feeling of rejection and then I get abuse.

Anyone that’s been here a while could tell you I’ve had my fair share of abuse

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

You sound like you have missed the threads moaning about single men

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If you set your filters from today to stop men mailing you it will stop any men mailing you that you have not mailed before. If you block someone totally they cannot mail you.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Yus. There are many people who don't use filters then put the onus on the horny people to not message them.

Come on now, boners and wide-ons rule the head.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

You dont have to have replied.

I havnt replied to alot that are able to message again.

It is simply if they sent you a message when filters are down"

That isn't how it works

"Filters don't apply and people can message if you've mailed someone before (if you message someone you have filtered, they can reply), you have winked at someone, or you are friends."

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have just seen the most beautiful woman on Fab in this thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

The only problem I’ve ever encountered on here and I’m speaking as someone that’s been here for 11 years now, a guy could be reasonably sound and friendly with me, could write some comments in the forums or by way of a private message, I don’t see or respond to it or I flat out say they’re not my type, that then creates a feeling of rejection and then I get abuse.

Anyone that’s been here a while could tell you I’ve had my fair share of abuse "

Well if you look back on some of what I wrote on threads I’m not here to belittle anyone or be rude on the threads or otherwise I’m well use to rejection and never take it personally I’ve never been nasty to anyone unless I seen someone been bullied on a thread !

Some men are just bitter and naive and it shows more about them if they feel the need to lash out cause ur not interested!

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

If you aren't a site supporter you won't know that you've messaged someone and been rejected, so, might message them again.

If you're blocked, that won't happen.

The site makes it so easy to limit who messages; it's up to the individual to use their brain and make use of site tools.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I have just seen the most beautiful woman on Fab in this thread "

Awww thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

It depends if you get triggered or not. The last week or so people have been coming self aware about certain things that have resulted in people venting their frustration and anger. Not clever thing to do. Get to that point, come off go for a walk, listen to some tunes. Fell into that trap the other day, acted out of character and dissapointed with myself because of this. Never let myself get wound up like that again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I use filters.

I had too. One women kept messaging me over and over for months.

Then she started using capital letters to make sure I was reading it and if I didn't reply in about 5 minutes things got much worse.

But I just wasn't prepared to unlock her from the chain on the radiator the kitchen. Pots needed doing

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone that’s been here a while could tell you I’ve had my fair share of abuse

Well if you look back on some of what I wrote on threads I’m not here to belittle anyone or be rude on the threads or otherwise I’m well use to rejection and never take it personally I’ve never been nasty to anyone unless I seen someone been bullied on a thread !

Some men are just bitter and naive and it shows more about them if they feel the need to lash out cause ur not interested!

"

I've often noticed you being supportive/ generally cheerful on threads. You make me smile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well how come I’ve only ever had 2? Why are these guys singling out certain woman ? "

Oh I get it now.

This a post about not whining while whining it must be the womans fault because it doesn't happen to me.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"If you aren't a site supporter you won't know that you've messaged someone and been rejected, so, might message them again.

If you're blocked, that won't happen.

The site makes it so easy to limit who messages; it's up to the individual to use their brain and make use of site tools.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Que sera que sera ca last vie

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It might be best not to bring drama onto a thread that was started about people making a drama. Please keep the dirty washing away from the forum and report and block if needed instead

Reply privately