Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I find it hard....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

to be around people that always have to talk when you are in their company.

People that cannot gauge moods.

Whatever happened to walking with someone and having moments of silence.

Or being in the same room as someone and they are occupied with one thing and you with another.

Just that little bit of space.

In company but not.

Do I need a dog!?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Yes.

over a year ago

"Yes."
Thanks.

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman
over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

Ball gags are your friends

over a year ago

"Ball gags are your friends "
Wish I could!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You probably need to consider others more.

I too like silence and my own space but that comes with people you have known sometime.

I walked on the beach recently for the first time with someone. Neither of us had been out other than to the supermarket or for a walk alone due to covid.

She rabbited for England and I couldn't help but realise that she really needed an outlet.... She apologised and said she talked too much. She did, but I said nooooooooo you've been great company.

Did my swede in but it made me smile.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Silence is much easier with someone you know and like a lot.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You had me at "find it hard".....

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I’m the opposite. I find silence awkward. People don’t come to me in order to be quiet and reflective. It’s all about finding the people that fit and not penalising different personality types because you prefer dogs.

over a year ago

"You probably need to consider others more.

I too like silence and my own space but that comes with people you have known sometime.

I walked on the beach recently for the first time with someone. Neither of us had been out other than to the supermarket or for a walk alone due to covid.

She rabbited for England and I couldn't help but realise that she really needed an outlet.... She apologised and said she talked too much. She did, but I said nooooooooo you've been great company.

Did my swede in but it made me smile."

Thanks Granny.

I do mostly make allowances because as you say some people (close to us) talk much because they live quite solo home lives.

It can be tough though sometimes.

Haven't screamed in their presence yet!

over a year ago

"I’m the opposite. I find silence awkward. People don’t come to me in order to be quiet and reflective. It’s all about finding the people that fit and not penalising different personality types because you prefer dogs. "
Nah, I actually like the company of humans above dogs.

over a year ago

"I’m the opposite. I find silence awkward. People don’t come to me in order to be quiet and reflective. It’s all about finding the people that fit and not penalising different personality types because you prefer dogs. "
But I do like what you said about quiet and reflective.

Helps me understand myself a bit more.

Though I wouldn't say I'm afraid to engage.

over a year ago

Why do you find silence awkward?

I grew up in a family of five add on Mum...six.

I enjoyed their company and burying my head in a book.

over a year ago

"Silence is much easier with someone you know and like a lot. "
Don't know if I get this?

over a year ago

"I’m the opposite. I find silence awkward. People don’t come to me in order to be quiet and reflective. It’s all about finding the people that fit and not penalising different personality types because you prefer dogs. Why do you find silence awkward?

I enjoyed their company and burying my head in a book."

The thing is...they let me bury my head in a book...gave me space.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

Did my swede in but it made me smile."

I hope your Swedish friend is recovering well now

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"I’m the opposite. I find silence awkward. People don’t come to me in order to be quiet and reflective. It’s all about finding the people that fit and not penalising different personality types because you prefer dogs. Why do you find silence awkward?

I enjoyed their company and burying my head in a book. The thing is...they let me bury my head in a book...gave me space."

Silences make me uneasy. I’m partially deaf so it makes me feel like there’s something going on that I’m not aware of. The only time I’m quiet is when I’m reading to be honest.

over a year ago

How about having some music on in the background?

over a year ago

Gotta love a comfortable silence. There are ppl i will avoid because i know they have fill the quiet. Luckily my family and friends get me and leave me be

over a year ago

I enjoyed their company and burying my head in a book. The thing is...they let me bury my head in a book...gave me space.

Silences make me uneasy. I’m partially deaf so it makes me feel like there’s something going on that I’m not aware of. The only time I’m quiet is when I’m reading to be honest. "

Thanks..It's interesting what you can learn about reasons why.

over a year ago

"Gotta love a comfortable silence. There are ppl i will avoid because i know they have fill the quiet. Luckily my family and friends get me and leave me be "
A comfortable silence is a beautiful thing.

over a year ago

"How about having some music on in the background?"
I'm listening to more music recently and enjoying it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Did my swede in but it made me smile.

I hope your Swedish friend is recovering well now"

Ha! took me two readings. No I let her live , she's lovely. x

over a year ago

"You had me at "find it hard"....."
I did quickly consider the consequence? Then moved onwards...

over a year ago

I like to have conversations when I'm with other people - but always for short periods of time.

Constant chatter quite honestly gives me a headache

I love company but I also need alone time - without it I feel stressed out.

Even comfortable silences have some noise - I definitely need a dog

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I’m crap at small talk. Sometimes people say oh we’ll go in the same car and share the petrol. Noooooooooo! That’s my worst nightmare

over a year ago

"I’m crap at small talk. Sometimes people say oh we’ll go in the same car and share the petrol. Noooooooooo! That’s my worst nightmare "

Oh god no!

The whole point of having your own car is that you don't have to endure other people

over a year ago

"I like to have conversations when I'm with other people - but always for short periods of time.

Constant chatter quite honestly gives me a headache

I love company but I also need alone time - without it I feel stressed out.

Even comfortable silences have some noise - I definitely need a dog "

I too love company but also need alone time...without it I would probably feel stressed too.

That's a really good expression of how it is.

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"I’m the opposite. I find silence awkward. People don’t come to me in order to be quiet and reflective. It’s all about finding the people that fit and not penalising different personality types because you prefer dogs. Nah, I actually like the company of humans above dogs.

"

I don't....

I'd be much happier the other way round. But for the fact that I'm not at home often enough for it to be fair on the dog

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I’m crap at small talk. Sometimes people say oh we’ll go in the same car and share the petrol. Noooooooooo! That’s my worst nightmare

Oh god no!

The whole point of having your own car is that you don't have to endure other people "

Definitely!

over a year ago

"I’m the opposite. I find silence awkward. People don’t come to me in order to be quiet and reflective. It’s all about finding the people that fit and not penalising different personality types because you prefer dogs. Nah, I actually like the company of humans above dogs.

I don't....

I'd be much happier the other way round. But for the fact that I'm not at home often enough for it to be fair on the dog "

I definitely am realising more the value of a pet.

I see that recently especially through a friends life.

But I enjoy my freedom too much for another dog.

Dogs require returns home and nights out cut short.

Post new Message to Thread