Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Swinging vs quick shag

Jump to newest

By *reamblue OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I totally get it that swinging is a scene and bone fide swingers enjoy this site as a place for like minded people. I also get it that some people just want a quick shag and it feels, oddly, that those two groups end up annoying each other.

Should fab do more to make it clear what it is?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No.

It's whatever I believe it to be as long as I work within the guidelines.

People are not all here for the same thing and if they are that intolerant maybe they shouldn't bother.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

In any case....... someone who shags 20 times with 20 different people is still swinging.

By *reamblue OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"In any case....... someone who shags 20 times with 20 different people is still swinging.

"

True, I'm thinking of the endless complaints of quick-shaggers who might not feel so bad if they're expectations were a bit lower

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The two things are still linked OP in that "swingers" are in general terms a couple (not always) and seek other likeminded people for sex

The only real difference between the two might be more to do with someone who just fucks anyone any time and is not remotely interested in sharing

My 1st wife and I where seasoned "swingers" and only ever met with genuine verified swingers - that way we knew the other people understood the meaning of sharing partners

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My personal opinion is that people will get annoyed with those that do things differently to them. Not much can be done about this.

over a year ago

I think there is space for both groups and they're not totally separate anyway. Some couples that usually swing with other known couples and go to the clubs might occasionally want a quick fuck or a 3rd to join them once. Also people on here that want frequent one night stands might join a club or couple for a while.

I personally like a mix. FWB with singles or couples, plus I do also enjoy one offs. I can't wait to try the clubs too xx

By *agertha73Couple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Agree with above, space for both. People work things out in the end

By *ustustwo.1965Couple
over a year ago

"I totally get it that swinging is a scene and bone fide swingers enjoy this site as a place for like minded people. I also get it that some people just want a quick shag and it feels, oddly, that those two groups end up annoying each other.

Should fab do more to make it clear what it is?"

Swinging isn't about a quick shag, nor is it about cheating yet many people mistake it for both.

Swinging is more about a lifestyle that is open and honest.

As we understand it, Tinder is better suited for quick shag, and cheating? Well we don't know as cheats aren't part of our lives.

By *ustustwo.1965Couple
over a year ago

"My personal opinion is that people will get annoyed with those that do things differently to them. Not much can be done about this. "

This is quite true.

Everything can be seen from a different perspective.

over a year ago

The way I see it, fab is for swingers, so I mostly meet couples, or find out about particular club nights, I very rarely I would meet a single lady on here, and it’s something I wouldn’t really look for.

If I want a quick shag so to speak, it’s tinder/ bumble/ whatever that never fails. You have 10,000s of single women tons more than fab, and as long as you are straight with the facts (you just want sex), I personally think it’s a lot easier to arrange a bit of passion. however there is a lot more admin involved in tinder.

Also on tinder now and again I do feel that a women is looking for more than just a quick liaison, and just agreed to meet to get things started, which can bring a bit of a downer afterwards, I don’t really know how to fix this other than keep being upfront with what I want.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

I always saw swinging as sex with friends - so it implies that you at least have some sort of social connection as opposed to a place to advertise ‘ I want a shag - not bothered who with - it’s just a shag!’ Fab I guess caters for both but I can see how those differing attitudes might grate on each other.

By *reamblue OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"The way I see it, fab is for swingers, so I mostly meet couples, or find out about particular club nights, I very rarely I would meet a single lady on here, and it’s something I wouldn’t really look for.

If I want a quick shag so to speak, it’s tinder/ bumble/ whatever that never fails. You have 10,000s of single women tons more than fab, and as long as you are straight with the facts (you just want sex), I personally think it’s a lot easier to arrange a bit of passion. however there is a lot more admin involved in tinder.

Also on tinder now and again I do feel that a women is looking for more than just a quick liaison, and just agreed to meet to get things started, which can bring a bit of a downer afterwards, I don’t really know how to fix this other than keep being upfront with what I want."

over a year ago

"No.

It's whatever I believe it to be as long as I work within the guidelines.

People are not all here for the same thing and if they are that intolerant maybe they shouldn't bother. "

over a year ago

Swinging is open non monogamous sex. They're are plenty of interpretations and people have differing circumstances. With 35k daily users (at least) and probably 100s of thousands of total members there should be someone for everyone, whether it's fuck and go's, decade long FWB, arranging club parties, meeting other couples, there should be plenty of room for all xx

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Swinging is open non monogamous sex. They're are plenty of interpretations and people have differing circumstances. With 35k daily users (at least) and probably 100s of thousands of total members there should be someone for everyone, whether it's fuck and go's, decade long FWB, arranging club parties, meeting other couples, there should be plenty of room for all xx"

I’m looking for a unicycling fire eating/juggler who wants to use the boot of my reliant robin as a mobile glory hole - what are my chances??

over a year ago

Tomatoes tomatoes springs to mind

over a year ago

"Swinging is open non monogamous sex. They're are plenty of interpretations and people have differing circumstances. With 35k daily users (at least) and probably 100s of thousands of total members there should be someone for everyone, whether it's fuck and go's, decade long FWB, arranging club parties, meeting other couples, there should be plenty of room for all xx

I’m looking for a unicycling fire eating/juggler who wants to use the boot of my reliant robin as a mobile glory hole - what are my chances?? "

I'm sure you'd fine someone! Lol

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Swinging is open non monogamous sex. They're are plenty of interpretations and people have differing circumstances. With 35k daily users (at least) and probably 100s of thousands of total members there should be someone for everyone, whether it's fuck and go's, decade long FWB, arranging club parties, meeting other couples, there should be plenty of room for all xx

I’m looking for a unicycling fire eating/juggler who wants to use the boot of my reliant robin as a mobile glory hole - what are my chances??

I'm sure you'd fine someone! Lol "

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

People are here for all sorts of reasons and we accept that. We just avoid/ignore the people and content which 'offend' us and concentrate on those with whom we share the same outlook.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Swinging is open non monogamous sex. They're are plenty of interpretations and people have differing circumstances. With 35k daily users (at least) and probably 100s of thousands of total members there should be someone for everyone, whether it's fuck and go's, decade long FWB, arranging club parties, meeting other couples, there should be plenty of room for all xx"

Agreed.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

This site has evolved past just swingers and now comprises far more.

It covers BDSM, kink, fet, ENM, poly, NSA and swinging.

People do try to ring fence aspects but that’s their issue to deal with that.

There’s a large Venn diagram of sex interests and dynamics, they all intersect and fab enables all of that. People just need to learn how to share and play nicely

over a year ago

"This site has evolved past just swingers and now comprises far more.

There’s a large Venn diagram of sex interests and dynamics, they all intersect and fab enables all of that. People just need to learn how to share and play nicely"

As I alluded to before, many people will fit more than one category or group. They might be a traditional swinger or a NSA casual player normally but still want some kink or fetish or whatever here and there too. Saves joining multiple sites! xx

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"This site has evolved past just swingers and now comprises far more.

There’s a large Venn diagram of sex interests and dynamics, they all intersect and fab enables all of that. People just need to learn how to share and play nicely

As I alluded to before, many people will fit more than one category or group. They might be a traditional swinger or a NSA casual player normally but still want some kink or fetish or whatever here and there too. Saves joining multiple sites! xx"

This

over a year ago

From my short time on here. Yes there appear to be quick shag men on here. The majority seem to be faceless men, who soon leave the site. The ones left must be staying as it's their lifestyle and they are finding ladies who to just want a quick shag.

With the names vanillas call anybody on this site, we should not be condemning any lifestyle choice but embrace them into a safe community. If the cost of that is annoyance from the quick and gone we have to pay it. Although I do sympathise with women and couples who bear the brunt.

over a year ago

It would make no difference. Frankly if the majority of men can’t even be fucked reading a profile. I’m pretty sure they don’t care how the site is promoted. They’ll still think it’s instashag.

J

Post new Message to Thread