Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Replacement for a Virgin TV box

Jump to newest

By *ex-a-frolics OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brizzle

We are moving & have bought a new smart TV, which will have all & more than our previous TV & Virgin box.

If we decide to ditch Virgin the only thing we will miss is recording, & pausing & rewinding live TV.

Is there a simple cheap box we can get that will be a substitute for what we have at the moment?

Thanks in advance.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reddy96Man
over a year ago

scunthorpe

Not think there is any but i could do with 1 myself. I have wot i call a dogie box which gets all channels for 1 paymant a yr.

By *ermite12ukMan
over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Yes. They're called TV recorders. Just a box with a H.disk that you hook upto the TV. Prices from £70 and upwards depending on the size of the H.Disk.

By *ex-a-frolics OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brizzle

"Yes. They're called TV recorders. Just a box with a H.disk that you hook upto the TV. Prices from £70 and upwards depending on the size of the H.Disk."

Cheers is that what a Humax box is?

By *reddy96Man
over a year ago

scunthorpe

"Yes. They're called TV recorders. Just a box with a H.disk that you hook upto the TV. Prices from £70 and upwards depending on the size of the H.Disk."
cheers will have a look to

By *ermite12ukMan
over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

"Yes. They're called TV recorders. Just a box with a H.disk that you hook upto the TV. Prices from £70 and upwards depending on the size of the H.Disk.

Cheers is that what a Humax box is?"

No. I think a Humax box is a set-top box. Similar to what a Virgin Box or Sky Box does.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Pretty sure most of the supermarkets sell recorders or Amazon - essentially you're just looking for a Freeview Recorder so maybe check the Freeview site for info

Post new Message to Thread