Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mental Health Awareness Week

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I know every day can feel like mental health awareness on here but take a moment to look after yourself, share your thoughts or your problems.

I'll be here this evening and at other points this week.

This Lickety persona was born at a point when I was suicidal, 9 years ago. The Lounge forum, with all its challenges, helped me to find myself again.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Much love.

May we all grow, adapt, accept ourselves, and heal, whatever we're going through.

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Hi Lickety, good to see you. Can we have a virtual hug? Hugs are much missed. E x

over a year ago

"Much love.

May we all grow, adapt, accept ourselves, and heal, whatever we're going through."

That's a lovely sentiment.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Much love.

May we all grow, adapt, accept ourselves, and heal, whatever we're going through."

over a year ago

"Hi Lickety, good to see you. Can we have a virtual hug? Hugs are much missed. E x "

I have dreamt of hugs, possibly more than my dreams of sex.

Consider yourself fully embraced, my boobs sitting below yours as we slot together.

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

I found myself during lockdown. Found my strengths. I'm starting to feel like myself again. Been a very long time coming. Hope you're okay op?

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

"Hi Lickety, good to see you. Can we have a virtual hug? Hugs are much missed. E x

I have dreamt of hugs, possibly more than my dreams of sex.

Consider yourself fully embraced, my boobs sitting below yours as we slot together.

"

Ooooooh that’s good. Much appreciated.

over a year ago

Evening OP, lovely thread. I'm good at the moment apart from being totally exhausted but that's more physical than anything, damn insomnia

Sending hugs to everyone that needs them

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I know that the thread wasn't made to receive the following sentiment but I'm glad you found yourself Lickety. x

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Thank you, the support I have had when I have been low has been amazing, I still struggle some days, but I'm getting there

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

If you could give posts on here a ‘like’, this would get mine

over a year ago

"I found myself during lockdown. Found my strengths. I'm starting to feel like myself again. Been a very long time coming. Hope you're okay op?"

Finding yourself is good. That lost feeling makes it hard to feel fulfilled in other areas, even when those areas are going well.

I am well(ish) and hope to be better by taking some self-imposed, unpaid furlough.

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

If it wasn't for my fur friend I don't know where I'd be here today. If you've got something no matter how small it maybe keep it close. Smallest things mean the biggest.

over a year ago

"Evening OP, lovely thread. I'm good at the moment apart from being totally exhausted but that's more physical than anything, damn insomnia

Sending hugs to everyone that needs them "

Do you know what's causing your insomnia? A friend sent me a sleep stress ball to squeeze before bed. I don't know if it has helped but I have slept much better recently.

I hope the good continues and exhaustion ends with the return of sleep.

over a year ago

"I know that the thread wasn't made to receive the following sentiment but I'm glad you found yourself Lickety. x"

I'm also glad I found you, amongst others.

over a year ago

"Thank you, the support I have had when I have been low has been amazing, I still struggle some days, but I'm getting there"

Taking one day at a time can be too big sometimes so take each hour as it comes.

The theme for this MHAW this year is 'nature'. Let nature help you, if you can.

over a year ago

"If you could give posts on here a ‘like’, this would get mine "

May you always have biscuits, and the desire to share them.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I was thinking about mental health awareness week earlier and wasn’t sure when it was happening.

I guess that every week should be like this but shedding more light on it is always a positive

over a year ago

"If it wasn't for my fur friend I don't know where I'd be here today. If you've got something no matter how small it maybe keep it close. Smallest things mean the biggest."

They really do.

Have a look at Camerados, on YouTub, Facebook and other places. They wrote a lovely blog on the power of just playing Connect 4 with another person.

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

"If it wasn't for my fur friend I don't know where I'd be here today. If you've got something no matter how small it maybe keep it close. Smallest things mean the biggest.

They really do.

Have a look at Camerados, on YouTub, Facebook and other places. They wrote a lovely blog on the power of just playing Connect 4 with another person.

"

I live on my own. When I start to feel low I play cards. All of a sudden a few hours has passed

over a year ago

"I was thinking about mental health awareness week earlier and wasn’t sure when it was happening.

I guess that every week should be like this but shedding more light on it is always a positive "

May is MH Awareness Month but this week is when there is stuff to get people to focus. This year it's on nature.

I have been craving seeing the sea again. I haven't been able to do that but I seek out water local to me to help restore me.

over a year ago

I was thinking about you yesterday Lickety. You are a truly lovely lady. A vision in floaty white clouds like an awesome smiley angel.

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

Youre now on my hotlist. If you ever feel down or a bit low I'm only a message away. Nothing rude or out, just a friendly chat

over a year ago

What an important thread. I've been mentally healthy for 18 months now, the longest stretch since I was 12. Hopefully I'll continue to be so for many more weeks/months/years.

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

"What an important thread. I've been mentally healthy for 18 months now, the longest stretch since I was 12. Hopefully I'll continue to be so for many more weeks/months/years.

"

18 months is fantastic.

over a year ago

"I was thinking about you yesterday Lickety. You are a truly lovely lady. A vision in floaty white clouds like an awesome smiley angel. "

I hope you thought about Mr Man too. I saw my first Fab person for outdoors pub lunch yesterday. We celebrated his birthday and that we've known each other for 10 years (6/5/2011)!

You're often in my thoughts.

over a year ago

"What an important thread. I've been mentally healthy for 18 months now, the longest stretch since I was 12. Hopefully I'll continue to be so for many more weeks/months/years.

"

That's a wonderful achievement!

over a year ago

"Evening OP, lovely thread. I'm good at the moment apart from being totally exhausted but that's more physical than anything, damn insomnia

Sending hugs to everyone that needs them

Do you know what's causing your insomnia? A friend sent me a sleep stress ball to squeeze before bed. I don't know if it has helped but I have slept much better recently.

I hope the good continues and exhaustion ends with the return of sleep."

I have a couple of ideas, possible Vitamin deficiency not helping but my sleep is up and down anyway so who knows.

That's good that you're sleeping better.

Thank you, can you put a good word in for me with the sleep fairy please?

over a year ago

"I was thinking about you yesterday Lickety. You are a truly lovely lady. A vision in floaty white clouds like an awesome smiley angel.

I hope you thought about Mr Man too. I saw my first Fab person for outdoors pub lunch yesterday. We celebrated his birthday and that we've known each other for 10 years (6/5/2011)!

You're often in my thoughts."

10 years that's like a decade!

Mr Man is smiley too. Aww

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive had a bad time of late first lockdown was the first time i tried to take my own life in 14 years. I have however had two really good weeks and yesterday was amazing and i can now see jay again so hope im on an upward climb

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Ive had a bad time of late first lockdown was the first time i tried to take my own life in 14 years. I have however had two really good weeks and yesterday was amazing and i can now see jay again so hope im on an upward climb"

I'm glad you're climbing out. This last year has been rough

over a year ago

"Ive had a bad time of late first lockdown was the first time i tried to take my own life in 14 years. I have however had two really good weeks and yesterday was amazing and i can now see jay again so hope im on an upward climb"

Glad you're feeling better now

over a year ago

Diamondsmiles, I'm sorry to read that. I'm glad you're on the mend and that time with Jay is back on the cards.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Ive had a bad time of late first lockdown was the first time i tried to take my own life in 14 years. I have however had two really good weeks and yesterday was amazing and i can now see jay again so hope im on an upward climb

Diamondsmiles, I'm sorry to read that. I'm glad you're on the mend and that time with Jay is back on the cards.

"

and ive got a granddaughter due in two weeks

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Thank you Lickety for being awesome as ever

I have found that the longer the isolation has gone on, the less likely I have been to communicate with people.

And the deeper I have fallen into misery.

Which seems illogical to me. I'd have expected to want to talk to people at every moment I could

over a year ago

"Ive had a bad time of late first lockdown was the first time i tried to take my own life in 14 years. I have however had two really good weeks and yesterday was amazing and i can now see jay again so hope im on an upward climb

and ive got a granddaughter due in two weeks "

Is that two or three grandchildren now? How exciting! And a very good thing to look forward to.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I have however had two really good weeks and yesterday was amazing and i can now see jay again so hope im on an upward climb"

That is so positive

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

and ive got a granddaughter due in two weeks

Is that two or three grandchildren now? How exciting! And a very good thing to look forward to.

"

It will be one of each

over a year ago

"Thank you Lickety for being awesome as ever

I have found that the longer the isolation has gone on, the less likely I have been to communicate with people.

And the deeper I have fallen into misery.

Which seems illogical to me. I'd have expected to want to talk to people at every moment I could "

You know yourself better than anyone else. Think about what the anxiety or fear is leading to your reluctance to communicate with people.

Have you got time to offer an hour a week to speak to someone? It will help with their isolation and might help you too?

On a very surface level, what have people got to say? All of our lives have been so reduced it can feel like you have nothing of interest to say and no one has anything of interest to hear.

I am struggling with small talk. I was absolutely exhausted after meeting Mr Man yesterday. No deep conversations, just eating lunch (in the wind) but I was shattered.

I hope you find your social voice again.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"On a very surface level, what have people got to say? All of our lives have been so reduced it can feel like you have nothing of interest to say and no one has anything of interest to hear."

That is very true, hadn't thought of it like that.

I think a lot of us will need to de-hermitise, possibly slowly.

over a year ago

"On a very surface level, what have people got to say? All of our lives have been so reduced it can feel like you have nothing of interest to say and no one has anything of interest to hear.

That is very true, hadn't thought of it like that.

I think a lot of us will need to de-hermitise, possibly slowly."

I want to hermitise more.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I think a lot of us will need to de-hermitise, possibly slowly.

I want to hermitise more. "

You should know by now we won't let you

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Big hug xx

over a year ago

How was your day today?

Did you take some time to look after yourself? Maybe a bit of outdoor time to soak up some nature?

I'll be on later this evening and if I'm not here the Fab community will answer and help, because that's what happens.

over a year ago

I'm starting to feel like I'm going downhill again. I'm over the moon that life is getting back to normal and can't wait but I do find myself at times just hating everything.

I'm not even sure who I am anymore and could happily lock myself away from society but on the other hand I don't want to be left alone.

I shouldn't turn to alcohol or gambling but I have a pint or a wee half pint most nights and have a wee spin on the online slots. Nothing big like a tenner a week max but still not good

over a year ago

"I'm starting to feel like I'm going downhill again. I'm over the moon that life is getting back to normal and can't wait but I do find myself at times just hating everything.

I'm not even sure who I am anymore and could happily lock myself away from society but on the other hand I don't want to be left alone.

I shouldn't turn to alcohol or gambling but I have a pint or a wee half pint most nights and have a wee spin on the online slots. Nothing big like a tenner a week max but still not good"

I'm sorry life is difficult at the moment. It takes strength to ask for help.

It's easy to get lost at the best of times. We've had 14 months that can hardly be described as the best.

Are you able to talk to anyone? If you don't have anyone you could look at Camerados (YouTube and other places) and see if there is a 'Living Room' near you. Or, try the Calmzone (Campaign Against Living Dangerously).

Or come on here and share where you're at, when you feel comfortable.

over a year ago

"I'm starting to feel like I'm going downhill again. I'm over the moon that life is getting back to normal and can't wait but I do find myself at times just hating everything.

I shouldn't turn to alcohol or gambling but I have a pint or a wee half pint most nights and have a wee spin on the online slots. Nothing big like a tenner a week max but still not good

It's easy to get lost at the best of times. We've had 14 months that can hardly be described as the best.

Are you able to talk to anyone? If you don't have anyone you could look at Camerados (YouTube and other places) and see if there is a 'Living Room' near you. Or, try the Calmzone (Campaign Against Living Dangerously).

"

Well contrast to yesterday I'm in a great mood today and can't place why. I think that's what is more the questionable part for me is why I'm having such contrasts in moods.

Obviously I'm not pregnant I mean if I was I think I would be a scientists wet dream haha.

I don't talk to the people I should which I know is bad but I find more confidence talking on here

over a year ago

Well contrast to yesterday I'm in a great mood today and can't place why. I think that's what is more the questionable part for me is why I'm having such contrasts in moods.

Obviously I'm not pregnant I mean if I was I think I would be a scientists wet dream haha.

I don't talk to the people I should which I know is bad but I find more confidence talking on here "

Enjoy the good day and... Let us know if you are pregnant.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

For whatever reason, I have no idea why, but today I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted, and for the first time in a long time, I actually feel good

over a year ago

Constantly learning, constantly discovering and constantly trying to think better and be the best version of me possible

over a year ago

"For whatever reason, I have no idea why, but today I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted, and for the first time in a long time, I actually feel good"

Enjoy the good day. I hope the weight remains light enough for you to carry.

The low bad times help us to appreciate and enjoy the good.

over a year ago

"For whatever reason, I have no idea why, but today I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted, and for the first time in a long time, I actually feel good

"

The low times for .e reinforce it in my head that I don't need anyone, how ever difficult life is that iv always got me

over a year ago

"For whatever reason, I have no idea why, but today I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted, and for the first time in a long time, I actually feel good

The low times for .e reinforce it in my head that I don't need anyone, how ever difficult life is that iv always got me "

Not needing to rely on someone else is good but it's healthy to have some relationships with people. Enjoy the good, learn from the bad.

over a year ago

I don't talk to the people I should which I know is bad but I find more confidence talking on here

Enjoy the good day and... Let us know if you are pregnant. "

Thankfully not pregnant haha but just feeling better. Got my appointment for my 2nd covid jab aswell so it's all good and has lifted my spirits knowing I will be fully vaccinated soon

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Thank you Lickety for this thread as it reminds me it's not just me that feels like things are too much.

There's more power in that than many other self help options.

over a year ago

The low times for .e reinforce it in my head that I don't need anyone, how ever difficult life is that iv always got me

Not needing to rely on someone else is good but it's healthy to have some relationships with people. Enjoy the good, learn from the bad.

"

Got my family there should I ever need them

over a year ago

"Thank you Lickety for this thread as it reminds me it's not just me that feels like things are too much.

There's more power in that than many other self help options."

I hope the collective experience (with our own unique take on it) helps you through.

It's easy to underestimate the effect of anxiety, sitting quietly there in the background making things feel difficult and acting as a gateway to deeper mental ill-health.

Post new Message to Thread