FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I posted a thread a couple of days ago asking what had made people smile that day. Most of the comments were based on something another person did that made them smile. A compliment, good news, or something cute that was just nice to see etc.

But how much does it make you smile when someone who's not treated you nicely, or is quite obviously not a particularly nice person gets caught up with by what some of us term as Karma.

I started the thread because I had smiled at someone else not succeeding in something they had done. Which makes me sound like a nasty cow but if you knew the context you might think differently. It actually made me cheer.

So how much do you smile when someone fails, gets their comeuppance, falls flat on their face or makes a complete twat of themselves?

Does the driver in a rush that then gets caught in traffic further up make you smile?

Does someone who's full themselves make you smile when they mess up?

An ex that doesn't get anywhere in life despite what they say they are going to do, like being happier and doing better in life?

And so on.

I'm basing this on people you aren't particularly keen on.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I think it's natural to sometimes feel a bit of glee when things like that happen. I don't think it makes us bad people if we do. However, I do think it's a sign that you care and that the person still has an effect on you. I think the ultimate aim is to feel indifferent to whatever good or bad is happening in their life.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Little things in a petty way I can find quite funny, like you said about a car speeding then getting caught in traffic. Otherwise it has to be something quite big to someone I really don't like, to actually make me smile or cheer. The ex husband getting stuck at the bottom of a very large hole in the pissing rain with no ladder would have me cracking up

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think we all take some satisfaction from seeing people we don't like get their come uppance. However if the popular definition of karma is correct (I don't believe it is) that would make us in for some bad karma ourselves.

over a year ago

"I think we all take some satisfaction from seeing people we don't like get their come uppance. However if the popular definition of karma is correct (I don't believe it is) that would make us in for some bad karma ourselves. "

over a year ago

"I think it's natural to sometimes feel a bit of glee when things like that happen. I don't think it makes us bad people if we do. However, I do think it's a sign that you care and that the person still has an effect on you. I think the ultimate aim is to feel indifferent to whatever good or bad is happening in their life. "

I agree with you.

Unless of course they don't succeed at something that could impact you.

over a year ago

"I think we all take some satisfaction from seeing people we don't like get their come uppance. However if the popular definition of karma is correct (I don't believe it is) that would make us in for some bad karma ourselves. "

I used the term along with others as some call it karma.

over a year ago

It is a double-edged sword for me. Sometimes it can be satisfying when people get exactly what, you perceive to be, they deserve. However, to relish in that can mean the same happening to you.

There have been times on fab when the mighty have fallen at their own hand and behaviour and that has made me smile. I wouldn't wish bad things to people though....give them enough rope and all that jazz....

Post new Message to Thread