Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Running partners anyone

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

... avid noob runner... wonder how many here like running and how many would welcome running partners?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some do Park Run. There used to be a running thread too.

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Nah, you've got to set your own pace. Running to match pace with someone else fucks it all up.

Just put a decent podcast on and hit the pavement.

over a year ago

"... avid noob runner... wonder how many here like running and how many would welcome running partners?"

I tend to run on my own, but during the first lockdown, a friend and I set up a local running & cycling group (following the rules). People found that their running improved, they enjoyed it more and that they felt safer (especially single women). The group is still going and I join them once twice a month.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Nah, you've got to set your own pace. Running to match pace with someone else fucks it all up.

Just put a decent podcast on and hit the pavement. "

It’s good to run with someone just a little bit faster. I did my best park runs that way. I like hill sprints , pacey 5K flat , occasional 1/2 marathons and long slow fell running it’s good to mix it up a bit

over a year ago

I ran once but found out I was allergic to it.

My heart started racing, then my skin flushed, I started sweating and then the worst part....shortness of breath.

Very dangerous.

Good luck OP

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Nah, you've got to set your own pace. Running to match pace with someone else fucks it all up.

Just put a decent podcast on and hit the pavement.

It’s good to run with someone just a little bit faster. I did my best park runs that way. I like hill sprints , pacey 5K flat , occasional 1/2 marathons and long slow fell running it’s good to mix it up a bit"

I've certainly fought to keep up / catch up with other runners, however never actively with them. They might pull you along, but I wouldn't want to be the faster one for sure.

By *ood times 2023Couple
over a year ago

Cardiff

I do love running xx

By *RSTCouple
over a year ago

S. Northants

I'd love a running/gym partner to keep me motivated... Been running with ST several times, but we always need childcare to do so.

over a year ago

Going to get back into it. Wasn’t really fast, just 9 minute mile.

Post new Message to Thread