Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bliss

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When I stopped looking toward thrills to make me feel better and tuned into my experience, that's when bliss showed up.

Anyone else?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes. It’s a lovely ideal and wonderful when achieved.

over a year ago

There's so much more available to us than just the orgasm. I wish I had been shown that decades ago.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Do you mean just sexually, or in life in general?

I think seeking thrills as a way to sate yourself could be a dangerous route to go down - there needs to be a more solid internal foundation.

over a year ago

Both in my opinion.

It seems to me that bliss is all there is. Trying to force it makes it less attainable and as you say, thrill seeking to feel better is like any other addiction, joyless.

over a year ago

To be clearer, I see the bliss as our natural state and the majority of us spend our lives trying to force it to appear to us again, after we have lost access to it as we have grown older.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"To be clearer, I see the bliss as our natural state and the majority of us spend our lives trying to force it to appear to us again, after we have lost access to it as we have grown older. "

I think bliss is fleeting and precious. I think equanimity is what we should seek, and take the ups and downs from there.

Post new Message to Thread