Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What's the purpose social media

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In the wake of Noel Clarke and his supposed sexual harassment and misconduct. Should there be laws made for social media that protect both sexes from this sort of violation. I mean, it seems totally okay for men on Fabswi get to talk about women's body parts and tell a woman what he wants to do to her but say it out in public, it's harassment, abuse and misconduct when the one portrayed as the violater has far more to lose than gaining a measly one night stand that wasn't going no where. Someone make sence of this.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Fabs isn't a good example though. People aren't walking around with their cocks out irl(or at least not here in Reading!)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

People just need to behave like decent fucking humans. Until that nothing will change.

over a year ago

"Fabs isn't a good example though. People aren't walking around with their cocks out irl(or at least not here in Reading!)"

Neither is noel clark

over a year ago

There are laws and he is being investigated - or have I missed something?

over a year ago

"People just need to behave like decent fucking humans. Until that nothing will change."

People should be themselves when in doors and when outdoors, sign a contract that prohibits outlandish and negative behaviour

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Behaving outdoors might work too. It all comes down to consent, context and treating the other person as a human being, I don't think it's all that complicated really.

over a year ago

"There are laws and he is being investigated - or have I missed something?"

What are the laws... Women can make sly sexual comments or gestures but when me do it, it's a slap on the wrist

over a year ago

"People just need to behave like decent fucking humans. Until that nothing will change.

People should be themselves when in doors and when outdoors, sign a contract that prohibits outlandish and negative behaviour"

Don't you agree to those things when signing up to social media sites. Sure that's in the T&Cs. It's how social media companies can change and enforce more security to get those that do breach these off their sites completely and forever.

over a year ago

"Behaving outdoors might work too. It all comes down to consent, context and treating the other person as a human being, I don't think it's all that complicated really. "

It's seems so that being in the public eye warrants a need to implode and m****t and grope and harrass all at who's expenses. It's th tax payer that pays to lock predators up so why are we not speaking out

over a year ago

"There are laws and he is being investigated - or have I missed something?

What are the laws... Women can make sly sexual comments or gestures but when me do it, it's a slap on the wrist "

When can woman make comments any different to men? I'm not sure I understand the connection you're trying to make. Fab isn't the best example to use and there are still rules on here.

over a year ago

"People just need to behave like decent fucking humans. Until that nothing will change.

People should be themselves when in doors and when outdoors, sign a contract that prohibits outlandish and negative behaviour

Don't you agree to those things when signing up to social media sites. Sure that's in the T&Cs. It's how social media companies can change and enforce more security to get those that do breach these off their sites completely and forever."

Not all have the small fine print but it's putting practice where it needs to be. It's social media for a reason. Society is lacking physical social skills that would stop all this malpractice. People need to put down their phones and pick up dictionary and thesauruses

over a year ago

Don't you agree to those things when signing up to social media sites. Sure that's in the T&Cs. It's how social media companies can change and enforce more security to get those that do breach these off their sites completely and forever..

Not all have the small fine print but it's putting practice where it needs to be. It's social media for a reason. Society is lacking physical social skills that would stop all this malpractice. People need to put down their phones and pick up dictionary and thesauruses"

OK. I presume you'll be deleting all social media sites then? I don't understand this thread really.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think we definitely need to think about responsibility for behaviour both online and off, and rethink it. Our current situation sure isn't working.

over a year ago

What are the laws... Women can make sly sexual comments or gestures but when me do it, it's a slap on the wrist

When can woman make comments any different to men? I'm not sure I understand the connection you're trying to make. Fab isn't the best example to use and there are still rules on here. "

Fab is still a platform isn't it not.

IT was made by a couple in barnet&totteridge aimed mainly at swingers Doms and switches but that's another topic.

What I'm saying is outside in the public eye it is a serious offence to act in a sexual mannerism where social media really doent adopt those same rules. Saying fab isn't a good example 'WHY' IS FAB a place to receive and give abuse no matter the depth and severity

over a year ago

"I think we definitely need to think about responsibility for behaviour both online and off, and rethink it. Our current situation sure isn't working."

THANK YOU

WELL SAID

I agree it's not working both on and off line

over a year ago

When can woman make comments any different to men? I'm not sure I understand the connection you're trying to make. Fab isn't the best example to use and there are still rules on here.

Fab is still a platform isn't it not.

IT was made by a couple in barnet&totteridge aimed mainly at swingers Doms and switches but that's another topic.

What I'm saying is outside in the public eye it is a serious offence to act in a sexual mannerism where social media really doent adopt those same rules. Saying fab isn't a good example 'WHY' IS FAB a place to receive and give abuse no matter the depth and severity "

Yes it is and I'm not saying it's okay to give or receive abuse on here. Like I said, fab has rules too and we (the users) have tools in place for when they kind of thing happens. As far as I'm aware most social media sites have terms and conditions that the users are me at to stick too in terms of bullying, abuse, harresment etc it can be harder to police these things online but, no it doesn't make it okay when it happens. Still not sure why you think women get away with more than men can though?

Post new Message to Thread