Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who loves working?

Jump to newest

By *atnip make me purr OP   Woman
over a year ago

Reading

I wish i was the kind of person who looked forward to my working day and didn't live for the weekends.

I even quite like my job - I just hate the routine of working and would give up tomorrow if i could.

What about everyone else?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If I had no work I would have no purpose. Tried retiring. Hated it. Without a reason to get up I just sink slowly into a pit of despair. Even with hobbies and stuff.

J

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I love my job, I just hate working

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I absolutely loved my job, it formed as much of my social life as my work life

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I wish i was the kind of person who looked forward to my working day and didn't live for the weekends.

I even quite like my job - I just hate the routine of working and would give up tomorrow if i could.

What about everyone else?"

Your words totally apply to me and not only the routine ,to me also people who i work with

over a year ago

I totally love my job and working ... never want to retire! I'm also a complete work nerd

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I love my job but I miss the social side with working from home during Covid. I don’t miss the commute though.

over a year ago

"If I had no work I would have no purpose. Tried retiring. Hated it. Without a reason to get up I just sink slowly into a pit of despair. Even with hobbies and stuff.

J "

Yep me too.

I would love to be able to afford to work part time - with people I like spending time with.

A 40 - 60hr a week job with mouth breathers is soul sucking!

over a year ago

I enjoy my job... I'd probably be even happier if i got pd FT but didn't have to work

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering

Normally love my job but currently hate it due to working at home. I never thought I'd say that I miss the 5am alarm and the getting home at 8.30pm routine

over a year ago

Work kept me sane and gave me a routine during the pandemic.

It hasn’t been plain sailing as a care worker but it felt relatively normal.

Shift work also keeps monotony at bay.

V

over a year ago

"Normally love my job but currently hate it due to working at home. I never thought I'd say that I miss the 5am alarm and the getting home at 8.30pm routine "

Yep I miss being busy - being at home all day is driving me MAD!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Totally loving my job and colleagues and the fact I can mostly work from anywhere. I miss a lie-in sometimes but otherwise happy.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

[Removed by poster at 06/05/21 12:50:18]

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I wouldn't miss work at all if I didn't have to earn a living. It's not terribly interesting and some of the people I have worked with over the years have been complete tossers.

I have plenty of things to keep me occupied that don't earn me any money. I would never do my job as a hobby. It's not exactly interesting. I'm looking forward to retiring so I can do things I want to do rather than have to do. Luke

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I'm past retirement age but can't afford to retire and I really hate my job it use to be ok but recently I just hate it with a vengeance

over a year ago

Reading

"I'm past retirement age but can't afford to retire and I really hate my job it use to be ok but recently I just hate it with a vengeance"

Sorry to hear that!

over a year ago

"

What about everyone else?"

Sounds like me. I've done jobs I like and ones I didn't but I can't stand the routine. Specially having to wake up at a certain time to be somewhere at a certain time. I'm very much someone who enjoys pottering around and love the Jerome K. Jerome quote:

'I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.'

over a year ago

Reading

"I totally love my job and working ... never want to retire! I'm also a complete work nerd "

Do you think it's the job you do or the kind of person that you are?

over a year ago

I have a strong work ethic, love working. Can’t wait to re start employment.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We have up working a few years ago. It was the best decision we ever made. I wouldn't voluntarily go back although I've been asked several times.

over a year ago

I love working, especially being self employed, as I can pick and choose when I want to work and what jobs I want to do.

Being a handyman/builder, I get real job satisfaction at the end of a job (especially when I walk away leaving the customer fully satisfied!)

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I enjoy my job but to be honest my life is too busy now to work. Wish I could afford to go part time and spend more time with my family and dogs.

over a year ago

"I totally love my job and working ... never want to retire! I'm also a complete work nerd

Do you think it's the job you do or the kind of person that you are?"

50/50 I've always done work that I enjoy ... but 12 years ago I found what I was put on this planet to do! Never had a bad day (difficult days) but never bad, since

The type of person I am is also what makes it so incredibly awesome!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

It's a shit one.

There are times I love my job loads, other times I loathe it (sometimes both in the same day)

I've had periods where the thought of going has reduced me to tears if we've had bad management who's expectations are beyond a joke.

I've had periods where I've been buzzing coz I know I'm working with a good team.

The pay tho.... absolute dog shit.

The hours.... unsociable, sleep pattern unfriendly, changeable so you can't really make plans unless you book time off unpaid or as holiday and that has to be done with a minimum of 4 weeks notice and get approved.

I'm reliant on tips which have been getting progressively worse over the last few years with the introduction of contactless payment.

If I could live comfortably without working I'd jump at it. I could have hobbies! I don't have any now due to most things costing something and classes etc being a certain day and time and there's no point in joining one that's a Thursday evening when I may only get one Thursday evening off every 2 months.

I would do some volunteering too. That would be ace.

over a year ago

I just hate doing the same old thing like to do something different in work but my boys won’t let me on there side of the garage and tell me off if I step over the barrier

over a year ago

I dont miss my previous job as a Chef.

I do miss the job i had before that as a Development Chef for a Dessert company, as it was pretty normal hours 8-4 Monday-Friday. Had to leave as i commuted on a motorbike doing around 400 miles a week with a service period 4.5k miles so was costing me an arm and leg in servicing

over a year ago

I retired November 2019 at 44

I’m bored shitless so looking to work again

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"If I had no work I would have no purpose. Tried retiring. Hated it. Without a reason to get up I just sink slowly into a pit of despair. Even with hobbies and stuff.

J "

Sadly I think I agree. I've many years of misery left, but when it ends, I'm going to feel so empty.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

"I'm past retirement age but can't afford to retire and I really hate my job it use to be ok but recently I just hate it with a vengeance

Sorry to hear that!"

Awe thanks

over a year ago

I made a change to enjoy coming to work... when i stop enjoying it ill change. Its important to enjoy work as were at work more than were not. Even if i won the lotto i think id still work

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I love my job. It’s my company so I can pretty much do what I want. Don’t think I could ever work for someone again x

By *ink flamingoWoman
over a year ago

essex

I love my job and I really enjoy the work…sadly we’ve been shut for a fair while, but can’t wait for the green light to go again I’ve missed my job xx

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I enjoy working and I enjoy being busy. My current job; I’m not busy so it’s frustrating and depressing. Having to make a ten minute job stretch over an hour in order to look busy, is ridiculous.

I’m only here to pay bills at the moment, if it improves, great. If not, I’m gone.

Life is too short to spend so long doing something that you hate.

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

There's a phrase that says something like "Work doing what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life", but increasingly I've heard rebuttals of that saying "Work doing what you love, and you'll stop loving it".

Maybe because it's the miserable, cynical version (potentially), or just newer to me, but I'm in the latter camp I think.

That said, my "dream job" was doing drab IT work it turns out, so I'd have stopped loving it either way I'm sure.

over a year ago

Enjoyed my Job - mostly- pre lockdown. Hate it currently as I'm doing the bits I dislike whilst working from home.

Post new Message to Thread