Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

you agree to go to dinner with me

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would it be wrong to produce a voucher at the end for a cheaper meal?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldn't care

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

What 2 for £10 nah.. I aint that bothered..

over a year ago

I would probably prefer mentioning the good deal in advance, rather than to produce the voucher at the end of the meal.

This way, it gives the better impression of being wise with money and knowing a good deal when one sees one, rather than being a tight arse.

IMHO.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I would probably prefer mentioning the good deal in advance, rather than to produce the voucher at the end of the meal.

This way, it gives the better impression of being wise with money and knowing a good deal when one sees one, rather than being a tight arse.

IMHO."

Pearl you always have the best ideas..

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"I would probably prefer mentioning the good deal in advance, rather than to produce the voucher at the end of the meal.

IMHO."

totally agree .

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

If someone else is paying who am I to say how much they should pay?

My mum took me for dinner in friday. When we got there it was part of a diamond card club for the over 50's. The food tastes the same no matter what she paid and we had a lovely evening out

over a year ago

"Would it be wrong to produce a voucher at the end for a cheaper meal? "

nah not at all but i would have nbeat u to it

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/08/12 13:37:04]

over a year ago

Don't care as long as it's me not paying the bill

over a year ago

IMHO."

I'm so tight I waddle like a duck.

over a year ago

"Would it be wrong to produce a voucher at the end for a cheaper meal?

Don't care as long as it's me not paying the bill "

i cant afford nothing after 1 pair of new shoes and new undies LOL

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

Not sure knowing you are wise with money would be a priority for me..thrift has it's place, but if you are inviting someone out for a meal, as a date, then maybe keep your voucher for another time.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

You could always discreetly leave the table to pay the bill

over a year ago

"Not sure knowing you are wise with money would be a priority for me..thrift has it's place, but if you are inviting someone out for a meal, as a date, then maybe keep your voucher for another time.

"

my view too.

over a year ago

thing is being serious

if its a meet i pay 50/50 always have and always win noone will think they are buying me

if its a fab friend from here im friends with then we all treat each other time to time

over a year ago

"thing is being serious

if its a meet i pay 50/50 always have and always win noone will think they are buying me

if its a fab friend from here im friends with then we all treat each other time to time "

Does taking someone to dinner mean you buy them?

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I don't see the problem with someone using a voucher.... after all isn't it meant to be about the company and enjoying what you eat rather than how much dosh you can get someone pays.

In my mind if someone is more interested in what you pay than everything prior to the bill arriving, I'd be worried they were weighing you up as a meal ticket.

over a year ago

Is this voucher on the back of a bust ticket for McDonalds? or somewhere else?

over a year ago

I prefer to pay my own way, as I do not like to take advantage of other people.

over a year ago

"thing is being serious

if its a fab friend from here im friends with then we all treat each other time to time

Does taking someone to dinner mean you buy them? "

some men think so yes

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

wouldnt bother me, we have shares in a restaurant company so anytime we go to somewhere that in that group we get 25% of all food and drink. Always dishing the vouchers out to friends

over a year ago

"thing is being serious

Does taking someone to dinner mean you buy them?

some men think so yes

"

I would never think that.

over a year ago

I am View's then!

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

When the OP admits..'he's so tight I waddle like a duck'... think the voucher might be the thin edge of the wedge.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Depends on the occasion - if a friend, male or female was inviting me out, for a treat kind of thing... I would find it a bit odd. I know there is nothing "wrong" with it as such but it would not be very ... whats the word I am looking for?

over a year ago

IMHO."

Sounds good to me

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"Would it be wrong to produce a voucher at the end for a cheaper meal? Depends on the occasion - if a friend, male or female was inviting me out, for a treat kind of thing... I would find it a bit odd. I know there is nothing "wrong" with it as such but it would not be very ... whats the word I am looking for? "

Appropriate ?

over a year ago

"Would it be wrong to produce a voucher at the end for a cheaper meal? Depends on the occasion - if a friend, male or female was inviting me out, for a treat kind of thing... I would find it a bit odd. I know there is nothing "wrong" with it as such but it would not be very ... whats the word I am looking for?

Appropriate ?"

Certainly wouldn't be appropriate if the voucher was waived in the face of the guest before presenting to the waiter/ress when settling the bill. There's a way to do everything which neither embarrasses or offends your guest, even if you are using a voucher. Even in the venerable 'Harvester' (!!!) the bill is presented to you in a closed folder so if you do have a voucher, it would be easy to slip that in together with payment without any red faces anywhere.

Where I would draw the line is when you are going Dutch any the person with the voucher a) doesn't say they have one and certainly b) use it only to reduce THEIR half of the bill!!!! I actually had a 'lady' do that to me a couple of years back when I was on another site and we met for lunch social!!!! Needless to say, didn't see her again! One has standards, you know........

over a year ago

evesham

I really don't see why how a person pays matters, they still have to pay and ha e taken the time to ask you to dinner.

Ok maybe don't make a big fuss of it being a voucher deal but it certainly wouldbt make me think any less of them

It's the time spent not the money that's important

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I really don't see why how a person pays matters, they still have to pay and ha e taken the time to ask you to dinner.

Ok maybe don't make a big fuss of it being a voucher deal but it certainly wouldbt make me think any less of them

It's the time spent not the money that's important "

Ok want to go for a 2 for 1 dinner you are paying...

over a year ago

evesham

"I really don't see why how a person pays matters, they still have to pay and ha e taken the time to ask you to dinner.

Ok want to go for a 2 for 1 dinner you are paying... "

Deal x

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Would it be wrong to produce a voucher at the end for a cheaper meal? Depends on the occasion - if a friend, male or female was inviting me out, for a treat kind of thing... I would find it a bit odd. I know there is nothing "wrong" with it as such but it would not be very ... whats the word I am looking for?

Appropriate ?"

Yep, thats the one. Thanks

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

It's the time spent not the money that's important "

Even though by their own admission they.'are so tight they waddle like a duck'

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Ok want to go for a 2 for 1 dinner you are paying...

Deal x "

Aww no its on me..

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

" One has standards, you know........

"

Yep that was what I was also thinking

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/08/12 15:38:08]

over a year ago

i would save the voucher for another time

i don't believe that paying for lunch or dinner for someone is buying them

if i had invited someone to meet, be it for a coffee or for lunch, it would be for that purpose and i would have no problem paying and no expectancies for doing so

i am sometimes left a bit confused by veri's when it's obvious people have met for a coffee and then ended up shagging that same day

that surely is a shag with an introduction as opposed to a social meet ?

maybe it's me that's doing it wrong, but i'd never go on a social prepared for something more

if you get along and the attraction is mutual then play another time.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"i would save the voucher for another time

i don't believe that paying for lunch or dinner for someone is buying them

if i had invited someone to meet, be it for a coffee or for lunch, it would be for that purpose and i would have no problem paying and no expectancies for doing so

i am sometimes left a bit confused by veri's when it's obvious people have met for a coffee and then ended up shagging that same day

that surely is a shag with an introduction as opposed to a social meet ?

maybe it's me that's doing it wrong, but i'd never go on a social prepared for something more

if you get along and the attraction is mutual then play another time."

That's me to a Tee - I always meet for a social first for a host of reasons. Safety and making sure I actually like the person being just two considerations.

over a year ago

Absolutely

over a year ago

evesham

Even though by their own admission they.'are so tight they waddle like a duck'"

Remember sometimes things are written on forums for effect

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I always split the bill, even if I have been invited, or take turns with those I know. It means I sometimes don't meet people as money is tight (and I am not). However, if I have a voucher for somewhere and the person is happy to go to that place then I will use it to reduce the bill for both of us.

And, on the subsequent points... Sometimes I have met people socially and got on enough to agree to take it further immediately and sometimes I prefer to wait. The key for me is that neither of us should have an absolute expectation of anything more than the drink/dinner.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

" The key for me is that neither of us should have an absolute expectation of anything more than the drink/dinner."
That is such a good point and I would go along with it, what concnerns me is that if I dont say "social only" before meeting for the first meet then there will be some sort of expectation and it can be difficult at times to reject somebody face to face. I am probably not hard nosed enough.

over a year ago

This really OS interesting, as if someone were taking me to dinner, I wouldn't care how it was being paid for.

I would think I'm lucky to have been taken out.

I also find it so amazing, that in such tough economic times, people would be miffed/upest/dissaproving of such an act.

I also like the fact, that people will quote someone, but not in It's full context. Yes I said I am so tight I waddle. But I followed it with . most people use this when they are joking. However this was not included as it would have the same effect on their argument.

I would like to say, I'm not tight, and I am a gentleman, who if I chose to pay for dinner does not mean I expect anything in return.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"This really OS interesting, as if someone were taking me to dinner, I wouldn't care how it was being paid for.

I also find it so amazing, that in such tough economic times, people would be miffed/upest/dissaproving of such an act.

I also like the fact, that people will quote someone, but not in It's full context. Yes I said I am so tight I waddle. But I followed it with . most people use this when they are joking. However this was not included as it would have the same effect on their argument.

I would like to say, I'm not tight, and I am a gentleman, who if I chose to pay for dinner does not mean I expect anything in return. "

I did not assume that you are tight, nor that you would be expecting anything. I also hear what you are saying about tight economic times. All I would say is that I d rather not go out for dinner and have a drink instead. xx

over a year ago

"This really OS interesting, as if someone were taking me to dinner, I wouldn't care how it was being paid for.

I would like to say, I'm not tight, and I am a gentleman, who if I chose to pay for dinner does not mean I expect anything in return. I did not assume that you are tight, nor that you would be expecting anything. I also hear what you are saying about tight economic times. All I would say is that I d rather not go out for dinner and have a drink instead. xx"

I didn't say that you did. X

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

I would like to say, I'm not tight, and I am a gentleman, who if I chose to pay for dinner does not mean I expect anything in return. I did not assume that you are tight, nor that you would be expecting anything. I also hear what you are saying about tight economic times. All I would say is that I d rather not go out for dinner and have a drink instead. xx

I didn't say that you did. X "

Bring that voucher out and lets go NOW...;-)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest, in fact as im bargain queen it would start me off on all the bargains i get, personally if someone didnt like it and stuck there nose up in the air id stick the voucher up there arses

over a year ago

I would like to say, I'm not tight, and I am a gentleman, who if I chose to pay for dinner does not mean I expect anything in return. I did not assume that you are tight, nor that you would be expecting anything. I also hear what you are saying about tight economic times. All I would say is that I d rather not go out for dinner and have a drink instead. xx

Bring that voucher out and lets go NOW...;-) "

I would love to but my neighbours just crashed into my car.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

" id stick the voucher up there arses"
But you would not be able to use the voucher afterwards...;-)

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I got a 2 for 1 voucher here...

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Bring that voucher out and lets go NOW...;-)

I would love to but my neighbours just crashed into my car. "

Ah! Well I ll get my railway vouchers

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Would be lovely to be taken out to dinner one day. As long as the guy didn't do a runner and leave me with the bill I wouldn't care how he paid. In fact I'd probably have a spare voucher on me.

over a year ago

KFC Variety Meal will be fine with me.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I dont even see anywhere in the opening thread about it being a social meet towards meeting someone for a shag. I just saw it as going to dinner with someone. If someone invited me out to dinner i wouldnt say no thanks id just have a coffee. People are asked out to dinner for all kinds of reasons, doesnt mean they want a shag.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

When someone says "hey I have a 2 for 1 ticket to the cinema, do you fancy going?" or "I have half price tickets for Alton Towers, would you like to come"... I see it as a nice gesture... just the same as someone saying "I have a voucher for that new place up the road, do you want to check it out at lunch?"

If no one has ever said anything like that to you, may be they are choosing to ask other people.

over a year ago

evesham

"KFC Variety Meal will be fine with me. "

See you before the beach party?

over a year ago

"KFC Variety Meal will be fine with me.

See you before the beach party? "

Need to check with Wombat as he is coming with me to car share.

over a year ago

"KFC Variety Meal will be fine with me.

See you before the beach party?

Need to check with Wombat as he is coming with me to car share.

"

I might habe a voucher! Lol

over a year ago

There are some great 2 for 1 deals at top notch restos. So why not. Makes sense.

Post new Message to Thread