Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Conversation free block

Jump to newest

By *heNYCSausage OP   Man
over a year ago

Everton

So I’m viewing the forums and see a profile of someone I’ve never met. She lives 200 miles away and I know we’ve never spoken.

So I click on the link to open her profile and it says I’m blocked why would someone who’s never seen me, or spoken to me, go through the effort of blocking me?

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Shes maybe just blocked all men or has hidden her profile. It's not necessarily about you!

over a year ago

The account could have been suspended, chill your beans

over a year ago

"So I’m viewing the forums and see a profile of someone I’ve never met. She lives 200 miles away and I know we’ve never spoken.

So I click on the link to open her profile and it says I’m blocked why would someone who’s never seen me, or spoken to me, go through the effort of blocking me?

"

Lots on the forums block people for a variety of reasons but the main and most obvious one is that they don't want to talk/meet you! No biggy, no worries, just carry on as you were ...

over a year ago

Everton

"The account could have been suspended, chill your beans "

Not going to lose sleep over it. I have enough people to talk to to not let it worry me.

Was just asking if others had seen similar.

over a year ago

"So I’m viewing the forums and see a profile of someone I’ve never met. She lives 200 miles away and I know we’ve never spoken.

"

Ever popular man (if I can use popular not quite sure) doesn't need to worry bout blocked profiles

over a year ago

"The account could have been suspended, chill your beans

Not going to lose sleep over it. I have enough people to talk to to not let it worry me.

Was just asking if others had seen similar. "

There are numerous threads about it regularly! It seems common and can confirm its definitely happened to me twice that I know of but most likely loads more ...

over a year ago

Everton

Was just asking if others had seen similar.

There are numerous threads about it regularly! It seems common and can confirm its definitely happened to me twice that I know of but most likely loads more ... "

Clicked on your profile then to see if I’d been blocked. Would have been funny if I had haha

over a year ago

Everton

Ever popular man (if I can use popular not quite sure) doesn't need to worry bout blocked profiles "

I’m taking that as a compliment. Haha

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I'm blocked by a few people that I have never spoken to.im also blocked by some coz I didn't reply to their message quick enough

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Yes we've had this too. It always makes me chuckle. They obviously haven't liked something they've read, but that's their perogative. It doesn't bother us, there are thousands of people on here who haven't blocked us.

over a year ago

If its forum people they probably just didnt like something you said. Its a jolt when you see it but soon forgotten.

over a year ago

You may have been blocked cause of your forum comments, it’s happened to me in the past but they’ve actually commented on a thread that they’d blocked me, wasn’t bothered about it really as we’d never exchanged messages privately or even commented on each other’s posts, best not dwell on it pal.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

People block for all sorts of reasons.

Maybe they saw something you posted and took an aversion to it so blocked you.

Maybe they already looked at your profile in stealth mode and decided you weren’t for them, so blocked you as a reminder to themselves.

over a year ago

Was just asking if others had seen similar. "

Seen it and do it myself, people can piss others off without intention and were all free to choose who can see our stuff and who’s stuff we’re forced to see. So, block

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/05/21 19:42:35]

By *inell1Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Blocking and being blocked is all part of being here lol done it and had it done loads so doesn't bother me

over a year ago

Sometimes I block people if they post particularly offensive comments, or if I see them bullying someone. Not saying you did that, just explaining why I do it. Maybe one of your comments just made her think you weren't her type?

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I've been blocked by a lot on the forums I've never spoken to, male, female and couples, I guess I'm not their cup of tea or I've said something they didn't like, who knows. I'm not losing sleep over it.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Maybe they have a sausage phobia.

Yes it's happened to me too.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Blocked because she's maybe seen your interactions on the forums and doesn't like what she sees.

over a year ago

Everton

"Maybe they have a sausage phobia.

Yes it's happened to me too. "

Who could not like sausages? We are allergy free.....

I wonder if she was vegan?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I've blocked people who's opinions I think smell like lizard shit. If you've ever smelt lizard shit you know it's fucking rank.

I've blocked people I think I may recognise from "outside"

I've blocked people coz they've been blatantly flouting rules.

Some people block coz they know they'll never want to meet them.

People have their reasons and their reasons are valid to them at the time. Tis no biggie.

over a year ago

Ive asked this before as its happened to me too. Just a part of forum/ fab life. Meh

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Two people on this site have blocked me and I was quite surprised as I’d never had any interaction with them. I’m sure there’s others I haven’t come across yet who’ve done the same.

However I have no issue with it, as I often do the same. My blocklist is quite big and people are on it for various reasons and not all because I don’t like them. So why they’ve blocked me isn’t an issue, they had their reasons and I’ll respect it.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Yes, I had a couples profile over 200 miles from me block me.

Must have been something I said on the forums they didn't like.

I can't remember why I looked at their profile.

over a year ago

"Maybe they have a sausage phobia.

Yes it's happened to me too. "

Sausage phobias are the Würst

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Lots on the forums block people for a variety of reasons but the main and most obvious one is that they don't want to talk/meet you! No biggy, no worries, just carry on as you were ... "

I do block people for many reasons, I wouldn't worry too much about it op, they obviously just didn't think that you would be a good match.

over a year ago

the block button is the greatest gift on fab it can be used for many many reasons ...and i use mine fully ...

over a year ago

I blocked dozens when I first joined. But that was before I realised I could put a total block on men messaging me lol

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Get used to it.

I find if I look at some profiles, before even looking at the pictures I get blocked.

Just return the favour, then move on.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"

Did you show your bumhole?

Post new Message to Thread