Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reality versus myth?

Jump to newest

By *bat OP   Man
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I've just been reading a post from the Wales forum, where a well known dogging spot was mentioned.

Questions arose as to whether the police would be interested in dogging spots.

From my own point of view, I think they rarely go to dogging spots for any planned purpose, more to mooch about and get a bit of a pervy cheap thrill.

I'm interested to know if anyone on Fab has actually been prosecuted for public sex and if so, whether it's common or not.

Cheers, Gbat.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They very interested

If you search google news dogging West Lothian you see that the council closed a spot and put a unmarked cop car there bween the hours off 9pm to 9am to stop people

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We live on the edge of Cannock Chase & the car park used there is being closed along with numerous others. The police do visit every now & then I believe. The doggers don’t always clear up after themselves & leave used condoms & wipes behind which isn’t great for the people & families that use it for biking, walking etc...

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I would say that the individual circumstances would determine that.

I was caught in the act once, but the police had to concede that we'd taken every conceivable precaution to not cause offence or harm to the general public (secluded spot, unsociable hour, no noise or lights to draw attention to ourselves etc). They gave us a quick lecture and told us to bugger off home.

I daresay that if it was a busy park full of families in the middle of the afternoon that the outcome would have been very different.

By *bat OP   Man
over a year ago

"They very interested

If you search google news dogging West Lothian you see that the council closed a spot and put a unmarked cop car there bween the hours off 9pm to 9am to stop people "

No prosecutions then? Just preventative measures.

By *bat OP   Man
over a year ago

"I would say that the individual circumstances would determine that. ...... They gave us a quick lecture and told us to bugger off home.

I daresay that if it was a busy park full of families in the middle of the afternoon that the outcome would have been very different. "

I'm sure that would be the case! But in fairness, that's not usually how dogging is done.

over a year ago

Just google prosecutions for dogging perhaps? That might give you an accurate answer?

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"I would say that the individual circumstances would determine that. ...... They gave us a quick lecture and told us to bugger off home.

I daresay that if it was a busy park full of families in the middle of the afternoon that the outcome would have been very different.

I'm sure that would be the case! But in fairness, that's not usually how dogging is done. "

You'd be surprised what some people think is appropriate behaviour...I went dogging regularly for many years and I've witnessed it with my own eyes!

By *bat OP   Man
over a year ago

"Just google prosecutions for dogging perhaps? That might give you an accurate answer? "

There's no specific offence of dogging, so no stats would be available.

Most UK police forces will have a policy in place for how they react to dogging.

In a nutshell, they aren't bothered unless a crime is being committed. Hence that's why I think when a police vehicle turns up at a late night dogging spot, it's usually someone hoping they'll catch someone fucking and get a bit of a thrill out of it.

But regardless of what I think, I'd be keen to hear if anyone here has been prosecuted for outdoor sex.

over a year ago

"Just google prosecutions for dogging perhaps? That might give you an accurate answer?

Most UK police forces will have a policy in place for how they react to dogging.

In a nutshell, they aren't bothered unless a crime is being committed. Hence that's why I think when a police vehicle turns up at a late night dogging spot, it's usually someone hoping they'll catch someone fucking and get a bit of a thrill out of it.

But regardless of what I think, I'd be keen to hear if anyone here has been prosecuted for outdoor sex. "

There are definitely people prosecuted down here for outdoor sex things!

By *bat OP   Man
over a year ago

"There are definitely people prosecuted down here for outdoor sex things! "

Oh, I'm sure there are some prosecutions, but one poster on a different thread even suggested that undercover police comb sites like these looking for intelligence to go and catch doggers. I think that's a load of bollocks personally!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Just google prosecutions for dogging perhaps? That might give you an accurate answer?

But regardless of what I think, I'd be keen to hear if anyone here has been prosecuted for outdoor sex. "

Get a thrill out of it?

I think your perception is somewhat off. They've a job to do.

You know what thrill I get out of doing my job? Knowing I've done it well. They're likely the same.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"There are definitely people prosecuted down here for outdoor sex things!

Oh, I'm sure there are some prosecutions, but one poster on a different thread even suggested that undercover police comb sites like these looking for intelligence to go and catch doggers. I think that's a load of bollocks personally!"

That could be classed as entrapment and any prosecution resulting from it likely wouldn't stand.

To be honest, I'd be more wary of reporters with hidden cameras than police...at the end of the day the police are only there to protect the general public, they will usually just disperse people from dogging sites, only taking further action if there is a reasonable likelihood of harm to the public.

over a year ago

"They very interested

If you search google news dogging West Lothian you see that the council closed a spot and put a unmarked cop car there bween the hours off 9pm to 9am to stop people

No prosecutions then? Just preventative measures. "

Not that I know off just seen it on the news website last year

By *bat OP   Man
over a year ago

"Get a thrill out of it?

I think your perception is somewhat off. They've a job to do."

I don't think my perception is too skewed.

There used to be a lot of policing activity around men having sex with men, but nothing around heterosexual sex in public places. As policing got more sensitive and accepting of diversity, there was an acknowledgment that such policing was in fact usually homophobic.

That's why most police forces have a written policy around the policing of public sex environments. Usually they only begin enforcement action after receiving a complaint from the public and then they will insist on getting that complaint in writing before they progress it.

Then they will consider preventative measures such as barriers, gates, signage etc. Only as a last resort will they take enforcement action and that's likely to be marked vehicles and uniformed officers rather than covert action.

If marked vehicles are turning up at your local dogging site, and those other measures haven't been put in place, then those officers are acting outside that policy.

Of course, nothing in the policy will prevent police officers from responding to anything they come across in the course other normal duties and they could take action to deal with whatever they find.

So if your area has a high crime problem on the local housing estate or lots of fights outside the town centre pubs etc, then that's where the local policing effort will be focussed. Yet some police officers still find the time to go to a local dogging spot.

I am a big supporter of the UK police services, but I am also aware that they don't always get it right.

By just turning up and driving around a dogging spot, then the police aren't doing a good job in respect of Public Sex Environments, and I dare say their boss for that shift would prefer them to be catching a burglar than driving up the forestry.

Police officers are people and have sexual urges and desires. Some of them will have a prurient interest in doggers and be there for nothing other than to gawk.

I'd still be keen to know if anyone on the site has actually been prosecuted for something while dogging.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Get a thrill out of it?

I think your perception is somewhat off. They've a job to do.

I don't think my perception is too skewed.

There used to be a lot of policing activity around men having sex with men, but nothing around heterosexual sex in public places. As policing got more sensitive and accepting of diversity, there was an acknowledgment that such policing was in fact usually homophobic.

That's why most police forces have a written policy around the policing of public sex environments. Usually they only begin enforcement action after receiving a complaint from the public and then they will insist on getting that complaint in writing before they progress it.

Then they will consider preventative measures such as barriers, gates, signage etc. Only as a last resort will they take enforcement action and that's likely to be marked vehicles and uniformed officers rather than covert action.

If marked vehicles are turning up at your local dogging site, and those other measures haven't been put in place, then those officers are acting outside that policy.

Of course, nothing in the policy will prevent police officers from responding to anything they come across in the course other normal duties and they could take action to deal with whatever they find.

So if your area has a high crime problem on the local housing estate or lots of fights outside the town centre pubs etc, then that's where the local policing effort will be focussed. Yet some police officers still find the time to go to a local dogging spot.

I am a big supporter of the UK police services, but I am also aware that they don't always get it right.

By just turning up and driving around a dogging spot, then the police aren't doing a good job in respect of Public Sex Environments, and I dare say their boss for that shift would prefer them to be catching a burglar than driving up the forestry.

Police officers are people and have sexual urges and desires. Some of them will have a prurient interest in doggers and be there for nothing other than to gawk.

I'd still be keen to know if anyone on the site has actually been prosecuted for something while dogging.

"

When they receive complaints, they will usually do the rounds. The complaints are usually from the non dogging users of the car parks who are exposed to it.

Post new Message to Thread