Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Punk is certainly dead.

Jump to newest

By *an Seeking Stuff OP   Man
over a year ago

linslade.

I love a bit of punk music, but is it dead? I haven't heard anything game changing in a long time.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I love a bit of punk music, but is it dead? I haven't heard anything game changing in a long time."

So what’s punk about? Tell me. You’ll find the answer in there somewhere. There’s more to Punk than a sound.

How the hair metal going, you know, your favourite sun category of music, the same one you didn’t know much about.

Have a read

over a year ago

"I love a bit of punk music, but is it dead? I haven't heard anything game changing in a long time."

It’s an idea. A support for humanity and calling out the bullies. Believing people are people regardless of race, belief, or origin.

So yes it isn’t dead. On the other hand, it’s never existed in you. Trying so hard to get something back that was lost the last time you tried trolling.

You do you. All stick with the good ones. Don’t get too lonely

over a year ago

linslade.

Woah chill man! You're obviously very passionate about it.

I was just hoping for some band names or something.

By *phrodite_AdonisCouple
over a year ago

~~

What’s punk music

over a year ago

Sure, that’s what you asked wasn’t it. Wait, oh no, you didn’t. So what are you trying to say Mr Bitter?

So...what you trying to achieve. Why’s it so important to try and belittle someone? Firstly, you need to know what you are talking about before you try calling someone out. Secondly, I’ll leave you with this

Trying to blow someone else flame out, will not, ever, make you shine brighter.

Sweet dreams, hope you can accept yourself for who you are so you can stop the bitterness,

over a year ago

linslade.

"What’s punk music "

I guess maybe ask that guy ^^^

over a year ago

But I’ll humour you. Anti Flag, Propagandhi, Agnotic Front, distruction unit, need more I can go all night.

Now. The previous message answer your question. This one answered the change in direction you made, unfortunately that depicts weakness.

So I’ve done what you asked. Now, I’m off to bed. Hope you find someone to accept you as you are, and more so, you accept others and try respect.

Night night my stalker

over a year ago

Punk was over by 1977.

It’s cultural impact still resonates though.

over a year ago

That was fun

No wonder we don’t contribute much on the forums.

Love and peace (or anarchy if that’s your thing) x

over a year ago

linslade.

"That was fun

Love and peace (or anarchy if that’s your thing) x "

Please don't be put off the forums just because of one guy. Most people are lovely.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

No, it's not dead.

I'll be going to HRH Punk later on in the year. Its normally a brilliant couple of nights of new and old punk.

In some ways it's evolved and become many more things that some classic punks might frown upon, but there is still plenty of bands out there.

These have all released something recently and I think are all a form of punk:

Idles

Strike Anywhere

Kill Lincoln

Anti-Flag

Suicide Machines

Be Well

over a year ago

"That was fun

Please don't be put off the forums just because of one guy. Most people are lovely."

I can handle debate in the forums, it’s abusive messages in our inbox that depress me.

And here was me thinking this place was meant to be fun

over a year ago

linslade.

"No, it's not dead.

I'll be going to HRH Punk later on in the year. Its normally a brilliant couple of nights of new and old punk.

In some ways it's evolved and become many more things that some classic punks might frown upon, but there is still plenty of bands out there.

Idles

Strike Anywhere

Kill Lincoln

Anti-Flag

Suicide Machines

Be Well

"

Yeah fair point. I guess it has spread out in one form or another.

Ah yeah anti-flag! Pretty sure I saw them once.

I'll check out the new stuff.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"No, it's not dead.

Idles

Strike Anywhere

Kill Lincoln

Anti-Flag

Suicide Machines

Be Well

I'll check out the new stuff."

Definitely check out the line up for HRH Punk too.

Some great bands playing there.

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

"That was fun

Please don't be put off the forums just because of one guy. Most people are lovely.

I can handle debate in the forums, it’s abusive messages in our inbox that depress me.

"

Ignore, he’s been on many threads tonight looking for an argument, don’t take it personally and definitely don’t let it put you off, just block

over a year ago

linslade.

"No, it's not dead.

Idles

Strike Anywhere

Kill Lincoln

Anti-Flag

Suicide Machines

Be Well

I'll check out the new stuff.

Definitely check out the line up for HRH Punk too.

Some great bands playing there. "

Yeah i will thanks! i love finding good new stuff.

over a year ago

"That was fun

Ignore, he’s been on many threads tonight looking for an argument, don’t take it personally and definitely don’t let it put you off, just block

"

Very wise words indeed!!!!

T

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Hmmmmm

over a year ago

I was going to chip in with a few bands, but now I'm questioning whether I'm punk enough

over a year ago

linslade.

"I was going to chip in with a few bands, but now I'm questioning whether I'm punk enough "

Haha I'm thinking that guy is a bit too punk.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Saw The Damned a few years ago. They were great and certainly still alive on stage.

over a year ago

Before lockdown when the sun was still shining l was in Blackpool and we had a job to get in our usual watering hole sat lunchtime ,the whole area was packed out with punk crowds ,bands playing in the streets ,pubs overflowing ,the atmosphere was electric ,fliers everywhere with information about the bands ,The Wintergardens had a 3 day festival l think, the Exploited headlining ,saw them decades ago ,l thought Moterhead were hardcore, but they were brill, hotels were all sold out.

Not sure if those days will return ,hope so ,the fashions were brill .

By *ohn.1960Man
over a year ago

Southampton

Stranglers are still going and are as good as ever..last time i saw them was in Athens 2019

over a year ago

"I was going to chip in with a few bands, but now I'm questioning whether I'm punk enough

"

Very angry and passionate, I'll give him that! Maybe he should switch to a bit of NoFX and take the lighter view of punk!

over a year ago

"I was going to chip in with a few bands, but now I'm questioning whether I'm punk enough

Very angry and passionate, I'll give him that! Maybe he should switch to a bit of NoFX and take the lighter view of punk! "

If you haven't heard it OP, I highly recommend First Ditch Effort as an album. Definitely one that resonated with me

over a year ago

linslade.

Very angry and passionate, I'll give him that! Maybe he should switch to a bit of NoFX and take the lighter view of punk!

If you haven't heard it OP, I highly recommend First Ditch Effort as an album. Definitely one that resonated with me "

Pretty sure I saw Nofx at reading festival in 2005. I don't think I've listen to them in years!

I'll definitely check it out nice one.

over a year ago

"Stranglers are still going and are as good as ever..last time i saw them was in Athens 2019"

Their keyboard player isn't....

By *ev257Man
over a year ago

cardiff

No is nowhere near dead, it may not be mainstream anymore now it's 45 years on & all the trend followers & poser's are not into it anymore, but it is still alive & kicking, there are a lot of new bands along with some of the original 70's bands, there are still a few punk gigs going on (if there wasn't this virus) up & down the UK every weekend & Blackpool is normally full of punks the 1st weekend of every August for the 4 day Rebellion festival & that's where I normally am every year, there normally is 6,000 plus.

It's like if someone you knew from school moves to the other side of the world, Just because you can't see them or hear from them doesn't mean that their dead.

There probably doing very well & the only people who know that are the people are still interested who make the effort to find out.

so you can't dismiss something you have no interest in or take the time to look into.

over a year ago

Wow that was confusing!! I didn't understand the anger.

I don't think punk is dead. Things are ever evolving. The attitude with punk was a big fuck you to everything. I had a mate who was there when it all started and he said you could turn up in a three piece suit if you wanted. Just so long as you made your statement as that's what it was all about. No rules, no fashion etc.

Find the bands that say fuck you and mean it, then you have punk I'd say.

Also, the Kingcrows are a really good band to check out (not mine)

over a year ago

I remember being thrown out of school cos l completely covered my uniform in staples and paper clips, that would be around '72.Seems everyone at the time was pissed off about something, schools were single sex still then , youth clubs a joke, music was shite ,des oconner, val doonican ffs. Kids needed their own stuff, Nottm when l was 18 was brill, the Sandpiper in the lace market area had lots of bands that became famous, maybe someone could remember ,my memory is crap. Every one gobbing on everyone else ,british bulldog fights across the dance floor, smashing the place up ,dont know how we survived, punk always there in one way another, went mainstream l suppose for a while, all a blur to me ,what ruined it for me was the drugs, only tried it once, hallucinated, and threw myself off a fire escape when l saw l had a dustbin lid for a hand at end of my arm , thanks previous op for reminding me about Rebellion Festival, must go again though nowadays l dress like Hilda Ogden .

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

It's far from dead. Some brilliant new bands. Though most younger punks seem like real dicks.

over a year ago

Never the same 2nd time around, still good on em for not letting it die, just putting their own twist on it.

over a year ago

"No, it's not dead.

Idles

Strike Anywhere

Kill Lincoln

Anti-Flag

Suicide Machines

Be Well

I'll check out the new stuff."

So the outcome to your thread is, that it isn’t dead as you stated but very much alive.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"It's far from dead. Some brilliant new bands. Though most younger punks seem like real dicks. "

Funny that.

I think the spirit of punk moved on through Techno and came back with bands like Sleaford Mods and Sla\/es.

Not so much a sound as an attitude.

IMO, of course. I know there’s a modern pastiche.

By *asilForty77Man
over a year ago

a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road

Pete and the testube babies

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Punk is definitely not dead.

Just before the first lockdown, the Alternative Festival at Butlins was ace with thousands of people attending, old and younger people. The bands including The Undertones, Angelic Upstairs, The Members were brilliant.

New band as well with lots of energy and the older bands with their experience putting on good shows. You also got the feeling that the band were pleased and wanted to play which doesn't always happen.

I've always loved punk.

over a year ago

"Punk is definitely not dead.

Just before the first lockdown, the Alternative Festival at Butlins was ace with thousands of people attending, old and younger people. The bands including The Undertones, Angelic Upstairs, The Members were brilliant.

New band as well with lots of energy and the older bands with their experience putting on good shows. You also got the feeling that the band were pleased and wanted to play which doesn't always happen.

I've always loved punk. "

And punks always loved you

over a year ago

"It's far from dead. Some brilliant new bands. Though most younger punks seem like real dicks. "

Damn! I’m not really the younger ones so no offence taken but I feel a little harsh there. What’s the reason you feel that way? Judgements fair if it’s a thought out opinion

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

Punk will never die....you only have to go to a Punk 4 day Festival like Rebellion to see loads of old and new punk bands....all the different age groups too from the original Punks from back in the day to the younger ones enjoying it....LONG LIVE PUNK

over a year ago

"Punk will never die....you only have to go to a Punk 4 day Festival like Rebellion to see loads of old and new punk bands....all the different age groups too from the original Punks from back in the day to the younger ones enjoying it....LONG LIVE PUNK "

These are words of reality. I salute you

over a year ago

It evolves like other music good Charlotte offspring it's wierd.

over a year ago

the first punk music was rockabilly in the fifties then you had punk garage of the 60s the the 70s punk movement plenty of punk in metal country folk psychobilly punk is everywhere

over a year ago

"It evolves like other music good Charlotte offspring it's wierd."

Good Charlotte ain’t the best example I feel. Not the best of modern punk, offspring aren’t really that new, Smash by Offspring still today is one of my favourite albums, they have unfortunately lost their depth. But the offspring, Ixnay, Smash and ignition are incredible albums and Dexter is a remarkable human being. Professor, pilot, genius, and was a partner of a record label

over a year ago

"the first punk music was rockabilly in the fifties then you had punk garage of the 60s the the 70s punk movement plenty of punk in metal country folk psychobilly punk is everywhere"

Nah! Roots are deeper than rockabilly which is a sub category

over a year ago

"the first punk music was rockabilly in the fifties then you had punk garage of the 60s the the 70s punk movement plenty of punk in metal country folk psychobilly punk is everywhere

Nah! Roots are deeper than rockabilly which is a sub category "

and ill agree because punk is any music really early jazz was a sin what im getting at is punk is everywhere its was not created in london in the 70s

By *ostonJoeMan
over a year ago

Boston

If punk is dead, search Toyah Wilcox on xHamster and you will see it is alive and surprising looking good.

over a year ago

"It evolves like other music good Charlotte offspring it's wierd.

Good Charlotte ain’t the best example I feel. Not the best of modern punk, offspring aren’t really that new, Smash by Offspring still today is one of my favourite albums, they have unfortunately lost their depth. But the offspring, Ixnay, Smash and ignition are incredible albums and Dexter is a remarkable human being. Professor, pilot, genius, and was a partner of a record label "

The new album sucks.

over a year ago

lancashire

"If punk is dead, search Toyah Wilcox on xHamster and you will see it is alive and surprising looking good. "

Me and my sister went to see Toyah live a few years ago....she was amazing and did a meet and great after the gig..my sister is a massive fan from back in the day and brought her Toyah picture discs for her to sign...we got a hug off her too

over a year ago

lancashire

"Punk will never die....you only have to go to a Punk 4 day Festival like Rebellion to see loads of old and new punk bands....all the different age groups too from the original Punks from back in the day to the younger ones enjoying it....LONG LIVE PUNK

These are words of reality. I salute you"

Thanks and I salute that fine body of yours...

over a year ago

"Punk will never die....you only have to go to a Punk 4 day Festival like Rebellion to see loads of old and new punk bands....all the different age groups too from the original Punks from back in the day to the younger ones enjoying it....LONG LIVE PUNK

These are words of reality. I salute you

Thanks and I salute that fine body of yours... "

Me? Oh you cutie.

over a year ago

"the first punk music was rockabilly in the fifties then you had punk garage of the 60s the the 70s punk movement plenty of punk in metal country folk psychobilly punk is everywhere

Nah! Roots are deeper than rockabilly which is a sub category "

all music is a sub category ? all music come from something else ??

over a year ago

all music is a sub category ? all music come from something else ?? "

Such an interesting statement. Where does music originate?

over a year ago

all music is a sub category ? all music come from something else ?? "

I don’t mean to upset. But the Punk is the genre

over a year ago

I don’t mean to upset. But the Punk is the genre "

upset ?? lol not me sorry we all see differently and have different views .. if Punk is the genre then how come it cant be contained in one pigeon hole ??

over a year ago

I don’t mean to upset. But the Punk is the genre

upset ?? lol not me sorry we all see differently and have different views .. if Punk is the genre then how come it cant be contained in one pigeon hole ??"

Because of the sub categories belonging to it.

over a year ago

but all music is sub categories you cannot get away from that all music evolves from other music and influences the is no such thing as pure punk just like theres no such thing as pure disco or soul its all come from something else

over a year ago

"but all music is sub categories you cannot get away from that all music evolves from other music and influences the is no such thing as pure punk just like theres no such thing as pure disco or soul its all come from something else "

Agree, but new sub categories are born. They sit in a genre. Blues, jazz, swing all influenced ska, but aren’t a subcategory of these. It influenced a new genre, if you follow

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Punk was over by 1977.

It’s cultural impact still resonates though. "

This. Actual punk, the real deal cultural movement, wasn't meant to last. Anything after it is imitation or homage, or something else like punk-rock or whatever.

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

This. Actual punk, the real deal cultural movement, wasn't meant to last. Anything after it is imitation or homage, or something else like punk-rock or whatever. "

Each to their own.

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

This. Actual punk, the real deal cultural movement, wasn't meant to last. Anything after it is imitation or homage, or something else like punk-rock or whatever. "

Real deal cultural movements were mentioned by anyone asides yourself. Punk is the topic, Punk

over a year ago

then punk is a sub categories of pub rock if you think that way because most 70s punk bands were just that amature pub rock bands so why not say pub rock is the main categorie ??

any way theres enough punk in this house with the rockabilly psychobilly ska blues swing country 60s garage and even gospel lol hubs has over 9'000 albums + 1000s of singles from his gig days lost count of cds well over 5000 i guess ... but we will still all think differently about what punk is...

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Punk was over by 1977.

This. Actual punk, the real deal cultural movement, wasn't meant to last. Anything after it is imitation or homage, or something else like punk-rock or whatever.

Real deal cultural movements were mentioned by anyone asides yourself. Punk is the topic, Punk"

You don't think punk was primarily a cultural movement? Ah right, your limiting it to just a sound... understood. I think others, like the person I quoted, were taking a more rounded view but I'll moderate my input down to the appropriate level if you want to start chatting to me about it. Sure, there are some bands which do punk music

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

Real deal cultural movements were mentioned by anyone asides yourself. Punk is the topic, Punk

You don't think punk was primarily a cultural movement? Ah right, your limiting it to just a sound... understood. I think others, like the person I quoted, were taking a more rounded view but I'll moderate my input down to the appropriate level if you want to start chatting to me about it. Sure, there are some bands which do punk music "

You assume a lot. Read the thread, you’ll see it’s lesser about the sound and more about the belief/outlook on others. You brought it down to one single thing. People fighting for humanity, not doc’s, tartan and Mohawks...that was fashion, not sure why you are so demanding in your point.

Free world, free minds, freedom to be as you feel. It feels condescending, patronising and confrontational, but it’s misguided nonsense you’ve pushed.

Please get a feel for the conversation before saying it’s not just one thing when stating...well it’s one thing. No one else has done as you have.

If you don’t appreciate punk, say so. That’s cool. Then it’s said and done

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

You don't think punk was primarily a cultural movement? Ah right, your limiting it to just a sound... understood. I think others, like the person I quoted, were taking a more rounded view but I'll moderate my input down to the appropriate level if you want to start chatting to me about it. Sure, there are some bands which do punk music "

The movement came after the birth of punk also. MC5 for example, read up, look at your dates. Even the Ramones came before the movement...move on

By *ingeriearoundTV/TS
over a year ago

Where ever the wind takes me

Loads of fresh punk bands out there. It's just a little more underground these days.

over a year ago

"Loads of fresh punk bands out there. It's just a little more underground these days."

There really is. The chart bands don’t reflect the many

over a year ago

i will say the worse punk in this house is on a cassette of an american duo called happy flowers they call it punk im not sure it belongs to anything lol

over a year ago

"i will say the worse punk in this house is on a cassette of an american duo called happy flowers they call it punk im not sure it belongs to anything lol "

Belongs in the bin maybe

over a year ago

the latest punk/oi album to arrive in this house is Stokes CPH -Vincit Omnia Hafnia Virtus album ... very good

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

This, though we are not going to enter the antagonistic side of the debate. Punk was still around into the 8os, and still relevant today. Yes, its a music genre (and yes music genres evolve) More importantly its a way of thinking.

Look at our pics, spot the trousers, still going strong and doing new stuff after 43 years from when they were first bought

over a year ago

"i will say the worse punk in this house is on a cassette of an american duo called happy flowers they call it punk im not sure it belongs to anything lol

Belongs in the bin maybe "

lol hes a massive collector just last week albums from russia / austria / poland ... he hates anything chart related

over a year ago

The real deal punk band for me is the exploited ,uk 82 wow

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Punk was over by 1977.

You don't think punk was primarily a cultural movement? Ah right, your limiting it to just a sound... understood. I think others, like the person I quoted, were taking a more rounded view but I'll moderate my input down to the appropriate level if you want to start chatting to me about it. Sure, there are some bands which do punk music

This, though we are not going to enter the antagonistic side of the debate. Punk was still around into the 8os, and still relevant today. Yes, its a music genre (and yes music genres evolve) More importantly its a way of thinking.

Look at our pics, spot the trousers, still going strong and doing new stuff after 43 years from when they were first bought

"

Not going to enter the antagonism... that's not very punk! Haha! Seriously though, I see punk as this eruption of energy which happened and ended, but which left that incredible legacy both directly through elements like the fashion (cool trousers!) and the sound, but also through the post-punk reaction and DIY culture which ensued. While you can pick out strands which continued, that original chaotic energy which was punk, seems to have ended in the late 70s.

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

Not going to enter the antagonism... that's not very punk! Haha! Seriously though, I see punk as this eruption of energy which happened and ended, but which left that incredible legacy both directly through elements like the fashion (cool trousers!) and the sound, but also through the post-punk reaction and DIY culture which ensued. While you can pick out strands which continued, that original chaotic energy which was punk, seems to have ended in the late 70s."

So that’s punk to you, not what is punk. But you thought is that punks dead, because something you weren’t a part of doesn’t exist these days. What if I said it does, it’s just not fashionable. These people, beliefs and passion exist, just not in the media’s reporting due to fashion.

Punks not a thing to you, I see that. But that’s you. What is your music preference? Ideas and beliefs? Unlike yourself I allow you to think, express and support anything you want, because it’s for you, so I encourage it...Punks still alive

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

"

My people

over a year ago

Great to see many lovers. You people are my people

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Punk was over by 1977.

Not going to enter the antagonism... that's not very punk! Haha! Seriously though, I see punk as this eruption of energy which happened and ended, but which left that incredible legacy both directly through elements like the fashion (cool trousers!) and the sound, but also through the post-punk reaction and DIY culture which ensued. While you can pick out strands which continued, that original chaotic energy which was punk, seems to have ended in the late 70s.

So that’s punk to you, not what is punk. But you thought is that punks dead, because something you weren’t a part of doesn’t exist these days. What if I said it does, it’s just not fashionable. These people, beliefs and passion exist, just not in the media’s reporting due to fashion.

Punks not a thing to you, I see that. But that’s you. What is your music preference? Ideas and beliefs? Unlike yourself I allow you to think, express and support anything you want, because it’s for you, so I encourage it...Punks still alive"

Kind of over chatting to you about it. You've got your narrow definition. I've got my broader cultural definition which encompasses your narrow definition. Clearly you can go on and discuss these things as you see fit. I was responding to a previous poster, not you. Good luck with your chat though

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

Punks not a thing to you, I see that. But that’s you. What is your music preference? Ideas and beliefs? Unlike yourself I allow you to think, express and support anything you want, because it’s for you, so I encourage it...Punks still alive

Kind of over chatting to you about it. You've got your narrow definition. I've got my broader cultural definition which encompasses your narrow definition. Clearly you can go on and discuss these things as you see fit. I was responding to a previous poster, not you. Good luck with your chat though "

The threads about me my man. I’m PunkAintDead, believe me I’m very much into all that’s Punk. Search the negatives, my uncles band, John Peel adored them. I’ve been around it all my life.

You said it was purely a movement and energy. I objected to your “single minded words” I have openly throughout this thread stated the contrary. What’s your goal? Schooling people with your off target words.

Listen, if you want to cause friction, you are talking to the wrong guy. Your opinion is important to you, as are others. Ultimately what’s important is hearing as well as saying. What’s your music? Your outside ideas of your judgment on something is not to be forced on others.

Punks alive, the idea, they way of life and thought. Schools out dude, go rest. Next time you troll, bring facts and thought out perspectives.

Punks not your thing. Cool. You’re not mine, respect is, I’ve tried, you ignore it. So maybe try a different thread, one you can respect and actually understand

over a year ago

Ahhhh!!! It’s all suddenly clear. You’ve seriously got to move on. You’ve caused a argument with me many a time. Damn, and you still find it important to battle...then there’s me, who forgot all about you.

Cute. Flattering that you follow me with that heart felt passion

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Punk was over by 1977.

Kind of over chatting to you about it. You've got your narrow definition. I've got my broader cultural definition which encompasses your narrow definition. Clearly you can go on and discuss these things as you see fit. I was responding to a previous poster, not you. Good luck with your chat though

The threads about me my man. I’m PunkAintDead, believe me I’m very much into all that’s Punk. Search the negatives, my uncles band, John Peel adored them. I’ve been around it all my life.

You said it was purely a movement and energy. I objected to your “single minded words” I have openly throughout this thread stated the contrary. What’s your goal? Schooling people with your off target words.

Listen, if you want to cause friction, you are talking to the wrong guy. Your opinion is important to you, as are others. Ultimately what’s important is hearing as well as saying. What’s your music? Your outside ideas of your judgment on something is not to be forced on others.

Punks alive, the idea, they way of life and thought. Schools out dude, go rest. Next time you troll, bring facts and thought out perspectives.

Punks not your thing. Cool. You’re not mine, respect is, I’ve tried, you ignore it. So maybe try a different thread, one you can respect and actually understand "

Ah right, I thought the thread was about punk... not some random dude from Bradford who's uncle was in a band. Understood

No friction from me. I was agreeing with another poster, and you came after me for some reason! I'm sure you'll note that I'm far from the only one who says punk died in the late 70s. It's a fairly common trope. Some say punk has died many times and been re-incarnated... it's an interesting debate, but a sophisticated one that is probably to be had with less aggressive posters...

over a year ago

"Punk was over by 1977.

Punks not your thing. Cool. You’re not mine, respect is, I’ve tried, you ignore it. So maybe try a different thread, one you can respect and actually understand

Ah right, I thought the thread was about punk... not some random dude from Bradford who's uncle was in a band. Understood

No friction from me. I was agreeing with another poster, and you came after me for some reason! I'm sure you'll note that I'm far from the only one who says punk died in the late 70s. It's a fairly common trope. Some say punk has died many times and been re-incarnated... it's an interesting debate, but a sophisticated one that is probably to be had with less aggressive posters..."

Yeah, cool. That’s exactly what I said beautiful. Enjoy your desire to troll. Bless

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Ahhhh!!! It’s all suddenly clear. You’ve seriously got to move on. You’ve caused a argument with me many a time. Damn, and you still find it important to battle...then there’s me, who forgot all about you.

Cute. Flattering that you follow me with that heart felt passion "

Sorry mate, not sure what this means. I do remember one time you PM'ed me off the back of another thread and hassled me for a while, but it's against rules to go into that.

over a year ago

"Ahhhh!!! It’s all suddenly clear. You’ve seriously got to move on. You’ve caused a argument with me many a time. Damn, and you still find it important to battle...then there’s me, who forgot all about you.

Sorry mate, not sure what this means. I do remember one time you PM'ed me off the back of another thread and hassled me for a while, but it's against rules to go into that."

Yeah, sure. It’s against the rules to “try” and bully. So I’ll help. I’m going to nothing your words, is saddening your thirst to belittle...again, as before, it did the opposite.

Bye bye sweet child

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Sorry mate, not sure what this means. I do remember one time you PM'ed me off the back of another thread and hassled me for a while, but it's against rules to go into that.

Yeah, sure. It’s against the rules to “try” and bully. So I’ll help. I’m going to nothing your words, is saddening your thirst to belittle...again, as before, it did the opposite.

Bye bye sweet child"

OK, goodnight then

over a year ago

Everyone else. Awesome chat. Good to see good people sharing their appreciation

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Not sure if it is dead as nothing's come along to kill it like it killed pop, disco, and rock n roll at the time.

At least it was honest.

Personally I never got into it, although I appreciated it's energy and took in it's message but didn't identify or relate to the angst.

I witnessed the Bill Grundy interview as it was broadcast. It had shock value but still didn't grab me make me want to jump on the wagon.

With another 10 years of Tory goverment coming it might kick off again.

over a year ago

"Not sure if it is dead as nothing's come along to kill it like it killed pop, disco, and rock n roll at the time.

At least it was honest.

Personally I never got into it, although I appreciated it's energy and took in it's message but didn't identify or relate to the angst.

I witnessed the Bill Grundy interview as it was broadcast. It had shock value but still didn't grab me make me want to jump on the wagon.

With another 10 years of Tory goverment coming it might kick off again.

"

m

Right..

By *piderxMan
over a year ago

west lothian

Punk is very much alive

Rebellion punk festival every year in Blackpool this would have been its 25th yr

over a year ago

"Punk is very much alive

Rebellion punk festival every year in Blackpool this would have been its 25th yr

"

Slam Dunk festival is a recommendation the Punk in drunblic stage is legendary

over a year ago

linslade.

Very interesting read.

Obviously punk music isn't dead. It was just a controversial title to get the debate going haha

All music will live on as long people keep listening and it will keep evolving.

The personal attacks are absolutely disgusting.

Reminds me of Donny Tourette storming off the buzzcocks. Disgraceful behaviour.

If you think acting like that is punk then you are sadly mistaken.

over a year ago

We just bought Gary Crowley's punk and new wave. It's not new stuff but I gave it a listen and it's really awesome. I found a track on there I heard as a tweenie which brought back loads of memories

over a year ago

"Very interesting read.

Obviously punk music isn't dead. It was just a controversial title to get the debate going haha

All music will live on as long people keep listening and it will keep evolving.

The personal attacks are absolutely disgusting.

Reminds me of Donny Tourette storming off the buzzcocks. Disgraceful behaviour.

If you think acting like that is punk then you are sadly mistaken.

"

Indeed op and as for the personal attacks it’s best just to block report and ignore and let the mods moderate.

Best of luck.

T

over a year ago

Disco is life.

over a year ago

The Beatles invented punk in 1968 with ‘Helter Skelter’

over a year ago

"Disco is life. "

This

over a year ago

"The Beatles invented punk in 1968 with ‘Helter Skelter’"

lol The Beatles invented nothing as they nicked every riff they used ...

can you tell im not a fan lol

over a year ago

"The Beatles invented punk in 1968 with ‘Helter Skelter’

lol The Beatles invented nothing as they nicked every riff they used ...

can you tell im not a fan lol"

Classic, they also invented dance music 2 years earlier with ‘Tomorrow never knows’, which still sounds like the future.

Post new Message to Thread