Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meditating or affirmations while asleep

Jump to newest

By *litterbabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Has anybody tried listening to meditations or affirmations well they sleep?

It something I'm trying to do each night but not having much luck with it.

I do fall asleep which I guess is the point of it but I seem to wake up after an hour or two and find that I definitely don't want to listen anymore and chuck my headphones across the room.

When I wake up I'm finding I feel a bit irritated with it, and and so far haven't felt like it's doing me any good although I would like to feel if I persist it will. Has anybody got any advice or experience to share?

(Meditation at others times in the day does work for me, it is just meditating while I'm asleep that hasn't seemed to have any benefit as yet)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I listen to sleep stories.

Not meditation or mindfulness but really soothing and relaxing.

I was told by my mindfulness coach that mindfulness is helpful to help you relax but actually shouldn't be used while you sleep and she did explain why but it was a bit complicated and I didn't fully understand it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My completely unscientific view on this is that it's not conducive to restful sleep. I'm not surprised you wake up irritated. At one time people used to try and learn while they slept by playing things like language lessons during the night. I don't think anybody ever learned a thing.

I can understand meditating as you fall asleep though

By *akjourneyMan
over a year ago

Weston

I listen to white noise. Usually things like rain on a tent when I'm struggling to sleep.

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I listen to white noise. Usually things like rain on a tent when I'm struggling to sleep."

Sleeping in my tent while it rains is lovely! I do enjoy that noise

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"My completely unscientific view on this is that it's not conducive to restful sleep. I'm not surprised you wake up irritated. At one time people used to try and learn while they slept by playing things like language lessons during the night. I don't think anybody ever learned a thing.

I can understand meditating as you fall asleep though"

I started by meditating to sleep and then I thought I would try some of the longer meditation that last quite a few hours and are recorded to play while asleep but that's what's not working for me, maybe I will just go back to the shorter meditations!

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

"My completely unscientific view on this is that it's not conducive to restful sleep. I'm not surprised you wake up irritated. At one time people used to try and learn while they slept by playing things like language lessons during the night. I don't think anybody ever learned a thing.

I can understand meditating as you fall asleep though

I started by meditating to sleep and then I thought I would try some of the longer meditation that last quite a few hours and are recorded to play while asleep but that's what's not working for me, maybe I will just go back to the shorter meditations!"

I fall asleep to them, but find if its playing too long after I zonk, then it wakes me back in again.

over a year ago

Listening to guided meditation can be a totally pointless exercise when trying to fall asleep.

You might be better using the meditation and affirmations but not listening to it.

You might then feel the benefit of slowing your breathing for say in 4 , hold 2 out 4.

Once you body feels the rhythm you will sleep naturally without the irritation.

Or try guided meditation in a seated grounded position without going to sleep and then go to bed normally

over a year ago

"Listening to guided meditation can be a totally pointless exercise when trying to fall asleep.

You might be better using the meditation and affirmations but not listening to it.

You might then feel the benefit of slowing your breathing for say in 4 , hold 2 out 4.

Or try guided meditation in a seated grounded position without going to sleep and then go to bed normally "

No one mentioned guided meditations

over a year ago

The op said she was listening to meditations ?

over a year ago

"The op said she was listening to meditations ? "

There’s other options

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Listening to guided meditation can be a totally pointless exercise when trying to fall asleep.

Or try guided meditation in a seated grounded position without going to sleep and then go to bed normally "

I'm talking about mediations recorded and intended to be played while sleeping.

I have no issue falling asleep,I was wondering if meditation can have the effects I have heard about if listened to while asleep, (as it's not going quite as I expected when I try!)

over a year ago

Or try guided meditation in a seated grounded position without going to sleep and then go to bed normally

I'm talking about mediations recorded and intended to be played while sleeping.

I have no issue falling asleep,I was wondering if meditation can have the effects I have heard about if listened to while asleep, (as it's not going quite as I expected when I try!)"

maybe you should set a timer.

Your irritation at the meditation is obvious when you throw the earphones away. So maybe rather than talking to your subconscious you are just keeping yourself from deeper sleep. A timer might give you a little bit of meditation before deep sleep hits

Post new Message to Thread