Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Renting a boat

Jump to newest

By *litterbabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I've been looking into renting some kind of boat for two or three nights,a canal boat or cruiser or something similar, the prices seem to be more than double what they were when I last rented a couple of years ago.

I presume that's because everybody's is holidaying at home.

I guess I won't be getting about for a couple of nights after all!

Is everybody finding it the same with holiday/break accommodation of every kind?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Yes, I looked into a four night break away for me when my kids are away with their dad.

The place I normally looked at was usually £500. Looked last week and it was nearer to £900. Nearly fell off my chair. School holiday time but still!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes but we preempted the demand and booked 3 breaks/holidays in the UK in February for June, October and December and got absolute bargains. The same ones are now double what we paid.

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

You did well, the price now have made it (to me) not worth considering

over a year ago

Some people are just profiteering. Just make a note of who's doing it and avoid them in future.

over a year ago

"Some people are just profiteering. Just make a note of who's doing it and avoid them in future. "

Its not really profiteering is it! Most of these businesses haven't been able to operate for more that half of the last 12 months.

I don't blame for trying to make up lost earnings.

By *superfuse663Man
over a year ago

manchester

Think there will be lots of cancellations once international travel re opens. Most places have option to change if your plans change, so maybe loose the deposit at worst.

over a year ago

"Some people are just profiteering. Just make a note of who's doing it and avoid them in future.

Its not really profiteering is it! Most of these businesses haven't been able to operate for more that half of the last 12 months.

I don't blame for trying to make up lost earnings. "

Perhaps, although many people had reduced earnings or none and can't afford the inflated prices. Doubling prices just seems excessive and greedy. The best businesses are always those that see the longer term picture and treat customers fairly. I know it's an idealistic view!

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yes, I looked at a self contained cottage in Cornwall for 4 of us for a week ~ £1700.

over a year ago

I was looking for an affordable camper van, but even rotten old bangers have doubled in price

over a year ago

"Yes, I looked at a self contained cottage in Cornwall for 4 of us for a week ~ £1700."

Ouch!

over a year ago

yes glitter.

good to see you btw

By *exmanMan
over a year ago

Stainforth

I found the most breaks three times what they would normally be which is bad enough when you’re single booking holidays even when I use my touring caravan I’ve noticed the touring sites are on average three times the price

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"yes glitter.

good to see you btw"

Thank you, you too x

By *ohohoCouple
over a year ago

London

Hi! We've looked into a narrow boat hire, and it's doable. I wonder if we could share a boat with another couple and see the canal life together at some point soon.

over a year ago

"I've been looking into renting some kind of boat for two or three nights,a canal boat or cruiser or something similar, the prices seem to be more than double what they were when I last rented a couple of years ago.

I presume that's because everybody's is holidaying at home.

I guess I won't be getting about for a couple of nights after all!

Is everybody finding it the same with holiday/break accommodation of every kind?

"

I was looking at the exact same thing last night in work..not much change out of £1100 for 4 nights on the Monmouth canal.

May well splash out (no pun intended) because 2 weeks with guaranteed sun in faraway shores isn’t looking 100% this year

Post new Message to Thread