Warm shower.

Stretching.

Pain killers.

Stretching.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hortarseWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk

Very hot shower. Then heat pad. That's what I do.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Google the best stretching exercises for your specific pain

Ibuprofen

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Lay on the floor take a heat pad

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Whats the best cure when on my own? I only have a shower"

Where is it sore?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Google the best stretching exercises for your specific pain

Ibuprofen

"

Definitely not ibuprofen, avoid that

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Lower back right side

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Lower back right side"

Tiger balm

Rub that on

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Lower back right side"

Avoid stretching the lower back specifically. Look to stretch/mobilise the hamstrings

Go for a long walk

Do some non-crunching abdominal exercises like planks

By *phrodite_AdonisCouple
over a year ago

~~

Depending on where the pain is, a massage gun would help. We got a theragun after trying other methods. Sitting working at home for a year really did our backs in and the theragun worked a treat.

over a year ago

What bout heat patches or ibuprofen gel??

over a year ago

Ask a suitable healthcare professional that actually knows you and your pain to do an accurate assessment ... then go from there

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"What bout heat patches or ibuprofen gel??"

Avoid ibuprofen like the plague, and pain killers in general.

Heat pads can help soothe the pain, but if you want to fix it you need to tackle the issue not the pain

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Whats the best cure when on my own? I only have a shower

Depending on where the pain is, a massage gun would help. We got a theragun after trying other methods. Sitting working at home for a year really did our backs in and the theragun worked a treat. "

Planks + hip flexor stretches will do office workers a wonder

By *ackandsashaCouple
over a year ago

West Dublin

"Very hot bath to relax the muscles.

There were only 13 words and 5 of them were ‘I only have a shower.’"

Blushes

over a year ago

Given the fact a it bank holiday monday 2moro n b they dont want folk in doctors or urgent care/a+e then not much option but to use pain relief or gels. I cant take ibuprofen tablets as they knock me sick

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Given the fact a it bank holiday monday 2moro n b they dont want folk in doctors or urgent care/a+e then not much option but to use pain relief or gels. I cant take ibuprofen tablets as they knock me sick"

I’d honestly recommend doing something to cure the problem before taking drugs to hide the problem.

A gentle walk is a great start

over a year ago

"Given the fact a it bank holiday monday 2moro n b they dont want folk in doctors or urgent care/a+e then not much option but to use pain relief or gels. I cant take ibuprofen tablets as they knock me sick

I’d honestly recommend doing something to cure the problem before taking drugs to hide the problem.

A gentle walk is a great start "

Given fact I did it tying my shoe laces earlier, pray tell how the fuck would I go 4 a walk except on my slippers in the pissing rain!!??

over a year ago

I suffer with lower back pain, I have an aerobic ball that I lay on and stretch my back over and a couple of nurofen plus as it contains an anti inflammatory

over a year ago

I suppose it all depends upon the cause of it being 'sore' if it's compression of the lower disks then nothing short of decompression and fusing of the disks will work and I doubt anyone on here can do that at the drop of a hat

over a year ago

"I suffer with lower back pain, I have an aerobic ball that I lay on and stretch my back over and a couple of nurofen plus as it contains an anti inflammatory "

I can use ibuprofen gel just cant use the tablets as had severe bleeding 12 years ago

By *phrodite_AdonisCouple
over a year ago

~~

Depending on where the pain is, a massage gun would help. We got a theragun after trying other methods. Sitting working at home for a year really did our backs in and the theragun worked a treat.

Planks + hip flexor stretches will do office workers a wonder"

Done those but was born with a hip problem so it just adds to the issue *gets out tiny violin*

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Given the fact a it bank holiday monday 2moro n b they dont want folk in doctors or urgent care/a+e then not much option but to use pain relief or gels. I cant take ibuprofen tablets as they knock me sick

Given fact I did it tying my shoe laces earlier, pray tell how the fuck would I go 4 a walk except on my slippers in the pissing rain!!??"

Offer good advice

Gets raged at

Your on your own pal. Good luck

over a year ago

Given fact I did it tying my shoe laces earlier, pray tell how the fuck would I go 4 a walk except in my slippers in the pissing rain!!??

Offer good advice

Gets raged at

Your on your own pal. Good luck "

Am not dissing ur advice it wud be difficult not to put more pressure on my back to put shoes on thats all am saying

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Planks + hip flexor stretches will do office workers a wonder

Done those but was born with a hip problem so it just adds to the issue *gets out tiny violin*"

Aww that’s a shame

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Given fact I did it tying my shoe laces earlier, pray tell how the fuck would I go 4 a walk except in my slippers in the pissing rain!!??

Offer good advice

Gets raged at

Your on your own pal. Good luck

Am not dissing ur advice it wud be difficult not to put more pressure on my back to put shoes on thats all am saying"

I didn’t say shoes. Walk around your house if you need to. Put a film on and do some laps.

If the pain was that bad you’d find a way

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Depends on the back problem

I’ve broke mine at vertebrae no 5

So only very very strong painkillers do

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Best thing talk to your doctor

Tuesday x

over a year ago

Use a heat pad it helps me or a tens machine. I find swimming really helps with my back problems. When lockdown was on and couldn't get to the pool I was on painkillers all the time paracetamol co codamol or tramadol since the pool reopened I have had 2 co codamol and that was because I had to drive a manual gearbox van. I swim five days a week

over a year ago

Honestly ... please don't ask strangers online! Professionals won't ever offer advice without knowing all the facts, what suits knew person may not help another and noone other than drs are qualified to discuss any medication ... there are numerous physio offices open various hours tomorrow and many do online assessments!

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Honestly ... please don't ask strangers online! Professionals won't ever offer advice without knowing all the facts, what suits knew person may not help another and noone other than drs are qualified to discuss any medication ... there are numerous physio offices open various hours tomorrow and many do online assessments! "

Truth, amount of people here recommending drugs before anything else. Careless

over a year ago

"Honestly ... please don't ask strangers online! Professionals won't ever offer advice without knowing all the facts, what suits knew person may not help another and noone other than drs are qualified to discuss any medication ... there are numerous physio offices open various hours tomorrow and many do online assessments!

Truth, amount of people here recommending drugs before anything else. Careless "

Or exercises that could make it worse

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Honestly ... please don't ask strangers online! Professionals won't ever offer advice without knowing all the facts, what suits knew person may not help another and noone other than drs are qualified to discuss any medication ... there are numerous physio offices open various hours tomorrow and many do online assessments!

Truth, amount of people here recommending drugs before anything else. Careless

Or exercises that could make it worse "

If walking could cripple him I’d advise calling 999

over a year ago

"Honestly ... please don't ask strangers online! Professionals won't ever offer advice without knowing all the facts, what suits knew person may not help another and noone other than drs are qualified to discuss any medication ... there are numerous physio offices open various hours tomorrow and many do online assessments! "

So if anyone has any problems on future dont ask anyone except doctors or chemists. The big problem is that unless ur actually dying they dont u going doctors or urgent care/a+e. To get strong painkillers most chemists wud say ring docs and wait 2 to 3 weeks b4 an appointment

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

So if anyone has any problems on future dont ask anyone except doctors or chemists. The big problem is that unless ur actually dying they dont u going doctors or urgent care/a+e. To get strong painkillers most chemists wud say ring docs and wait 2 to 3 weeks b4 an appointment"

Just call 999 walking or existing could kill you. Literally call 999

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

So if anyone has any problems on future dont ask anyone except doctors or chemists. The big problem is that unless ur actually dying they dont u going doctors or urgent care/a+e. To get strong painkillers most chemists wud say ring docs and wait 2 to 3 weeks b4 an appointment"

Actually I’ll call 999 for you in case using the phone could make it worse?

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Hot shower directly on the main pain should help, if it doesn't then seek help as soon as you can, back pain is not to be messed about with

over a year ago

So if anyone has any problems on future dont ask anyone except doctors or chemists. The big problem is that unless ur actually dying they dont u going doctors or urgent care/a+e. To get strong painkillers most chemists wud say ring docs and wait 2 to 3 weeks b4 an appointment

Actually I’ll call 999 for you in case using the phone could make it worse? "

Ha ha. If you ever get this I will piss myself laughing and see how you react!!

over a year ago

You can see physios which is where a dr would send you?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Ha ha. If you ever get this I will piss myself laughing and see how you react!!"

Herniated a disk and spent 3 days laying in my bed

Soon as I could I got up and started walking. Fully healed and I’ve won multiple lifting competitions since and work a physical job

over a year ago

Soon as I could I got up and started walking. Fully healed and I’ve won multiple lifting competitions since and work a physical job "

Brilliant for you

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Soon as I could I got up and started walking. Fully healed and I’ve won multiple lifting competitions since and work a physical job

Brilliant for you"

You seem like a dead nasty person, you’ve been offered advice and been nothing but nasty.

I wish pain on no one. But maybe this is karma. Maybe it’s your negative attitude coming out as back pain

over a year ago

Brilliant for you

You seem like a dead nasty person, you’ve been offered advice and been nothing but nasty.

I wish pain on no one. But maybe this is karma. Maybe it’s your negative attitude coming out as back pain "

Most people are telling me not to ask for advice on here but then who do I ask advice from? Cud always go a+e n risk getting covid

By *aulupforitMan
over a year ago

Corbridge

Could be numerous things but sometimes mine is caused with the mattress if I do not turn it over.I do a chair exercise sitting down and put my arms around my head and turn my body as far as I can and hold for 20 seconds and repeat both sides x10 If you feel pain stop.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Brilliant for you

I wish pain on no one. But maybe this is karma. Maybe it’s your negative attitude coming out as back pain

Most people are telling me not to ask for advice on here but then who do I ask advice from? Cud always go a+e n risk getting covid"

Do what you want, your a nasty piece of work either way. Rude, arrogant and ignorant

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

My doc told me exercise and painkillers.

over a year ago

Have looked online and it says paracetemol on its own isnt strong enough but can take it with codeine. I dont know if codeine suitable for me as had severe bleeding years ago due to too many anadins

By *arpePinguisWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

You can ring the out of hours service from your local GP- they can advise you if you need to see someone and how to do it if so. If you're in so much pain you cant put shoes on, you need professional help. Otherwise call 111 if you're in severe pain and they'll direct you to the best option, even if that's simply to get to the out of hours pharmacy for cocodamol. Healthcare doesn't stop being available over a bank holiday just as it didn't for the worst of the pandemic.

over a year ago

"Have looked online and it says paracetemol on its own isnt strong enough but can take it with codeine. I dont know if codeine suitable for me as had severe bleeding years ago due to too many anadins"

Never take paracetamol with codeine!! It comes with a full dose of paracetamol which means you'll overdose!!

Plus ring the NHS out-of-hours service on 111!!!! They'll have all the advice you need...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/05/21 20:44:17]

over a year ago

Thanks for that advice I honestly didnt know

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Ask a suitable healthcare professional that actually knows you and your pain to do an accurate assessment ... then go from there "

This. Really depends what kind of pain, what's causing it. Muscular or something else?

over a year ago

Do some yoga stretching exercises. You can find it on Youtube.

Good if you have a tennis ball.

Bath in a hot water with epsom salt is great but you have mentioned that having a shower only, so please try warm then cold and use a tennis ball

over a year ago

"Have looked online and it says paracetemol on its own isnt strong enough but can take it with codeine. I dont know if codeine suitable for me as had severe bleeding years ago due to too many anadins

Never take paracetamol with codeine!! It comes with a full dose of paracetamol which means you'll overdose!!

Plus ring the NHS out-of-hours service on 111!!!! They'll have all the advice you need... "

Thats cocodomol not Codeine

But yes cocodomol has paracetamol In it and taking more paracetamol could lead to a atechnical

"overdose". But you will be sick if you took enough paracetamol too kill yourself anyway in the first place as your stomach will refuse it.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/05/21 21:16:22]

over a year ago

It depends where the pain is in you back but the main thing is to move! Obviously within the limitations of what your body can cope with. Painkillers every 4-6 hours (keep on top of the pain as much as possible) don’t wait until you’re actually in pain. A combination of heat/cold depending on if there’s swelling.

You should seek a medical opinion if the pain persists but try looking here; it’s very informative (I work in a hospital physio department) for exercises that may help in the mean time.

www.csp.org.uk

over a year ago

My Dr advised physio and there are yoga exercises for back pain but seek medical advice

Be careful with painkillers, if you are already on meds they could react. Again seek advice

I am on meds for my heart and blood thinners so I don't take aspirin or ibuprofen because of the increased chance of bleeding

Post new Message to Thread