"Who is a fan of the AC 12 crew?

What do you like the series? Your favourite character? etc

Chief Hastings for me' Mother of God""

Kate Fleming - especially after episode 5 series 6

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Definitely Hastings. I've not seen any of the new series yet...need to get my finger out before Sunday x

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"Definitely Hastings. I've not seen any of the new series yet...need to get my finger out before Sunday x"

You must watch it. One of the best series. x

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"Who is a fan of the AC 12 crew?

What do you like the series? Your favourite character? etc

Chief Hastings for me' Mother of God"

Kate Fleming - especially after episode 5 series 6"

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Kate’s finest hour for me was at the end of series three; Hanging on to the side of a truck and then sharpshooting dastardly Dot. She also just proved in the latest episode that she is a better stunt driver than even James Bond!

Now that’s what I call a woman!

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"Kate’s finest hour for me was at the end of series three; Hanging on to the side of a truck and then sharpshooting dastardly Dot. She also just proved in the latest episode that she is a better stunt driver than even James Bond!

Now that’s what I call a woman! "

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

First 3 series good.

There after an ascending degree of plot manipulation and sensationalism meant it was a mess.

This one i have stopped watching after 3 episodes.

A wasted opportunity as the format of police investigating themselves could have given birth to interesting storylines.

But the insistence on the 'H' villain meant they lost a lot of the flexibility they could have used.

I am apparently on my own in my thoughts though.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Huge fan Ted’s one liners make me laugh

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

New recruit to this, watching S6 now. First 10 mins of Ep 1 I thought this is rubbish, next thing I knew I’d watched 2 and i was dragging myself away from the TV.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Ted, of course!

His crazy sayings remind me of my dad

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"Ted, of course!

His crazy sayings remind me of my dad "

"mother of God'!

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Kate’s finest hour for me was at the end of series three; Hanging on to the side of a truck and then sharpshooting dastardly Dot. She also just proved in the latest episode that she is a better stunt driver than even James Bond!

You do know she wasn’t actually driving? I do love Kaye though

J x

over a year ago

They should make her the new Bond

Jenima Bond

It would be a new angle on it all

over a year ago

"First 3 series good.

There after an ascending degree of plot manipulation and sensationalism meant it was a mess.

This one i have stopped watching after 3 episodes.

A wasted opportunity as the format of police investigating themselves could have given birth to interesting storylines.

But the insistence on the 'H' villain meant they lost a lot of the flexibility they could have used.

I am apparently on my own in my thoughts though.

"

No, you’re not completely. They have gone a bit over the top and having a probationary constable in MIT, although adding to the plot, was very unrealistic.

over a year ago

"Ted, of course!

"mother of God'!"

In the real world he would have used the age old in house police expression “The jobs fucked!”

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"Ted, of course!

"mother of God'!

In the real world he would have used the age old in house police expression “The jobs fucked!”"

I am sure he would have but legendary interjections.

By *en474Man
over a year ago

antrim

Dont forget the wee donkey , and Carmichael is my favourite

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"Dont forget the wee donkey , and Carmichael is my favourite "

Evil she is

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

Love it. Kate is favourite.

Cannot stand Hastings

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I love it and rewatched all of the other series on Iplayer before the start of this series.

For anyone who enjoys a podcast, Obsessed with Line of Duty on BBC Sounds is great and it’s hosted by Craig Parkinson aka Dot Cottan.

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"I love it and rewatched all of the other series on Iplayer before the start of this series.

For anyone who enjoys a podcast, Obsessed with Line of Duty on BBC Sounds is great and it’s hosted by Craig Parkinson aka Dot Cottan. "

Thanks for this information

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Love love love this (and I am not really a TV fan!) - brilliant casting and Hasting's lines...

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey... has become an integral part of my vocabulary! Hoping for a series 7....

Oh, did I mention I like Line of Duty?

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I love it and rewatched all of the other series on Iplayer before the start of this series.

For anyone who enjoys a podcast, Obsessed with Line of Duty on BBC Sounds is great and it’s hosted by Craig Parkinson aka Dot Cottan. "

I wish I’d watched it all again as I can’t even remember who Tommy Hunter is!

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

For anyone who enjoys a podcast, Obsessed with Line of Duty on BBC Sounds is great and it’s hosted by Craig Parkinson aka Dot Cottan.

I wish I’d watched it all again as I can’t even remember who Tommy Hunter is!"

You must then!

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

You must then!"

Too late now. . It’s the last episode on Sunday. I remember dot cotton but just not Tommy Hunter. My memory’s not the same since I turned 50

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Line if duty introduced me to the delights of keeley hawes and she played a great part in it.

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"Line if duty introduced me to the delights of keeley hawes and she played a great part in it."

She was wonderful.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

You must then!

Too late now. . It’s the last episode on Sunday. I remember dot cotton but just not Tommy Hunter. My memory’s not the same since I turned 50 "

Tommy was the head scumbag from series 1. Tony (the superb Lennie James) apprehended him in the finale before making the ultimate sacrifice…

Thankfully Tommy was assassinated at the start of season 2

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

You must then!

Too late now. . It’s the last episode on Sunday. I remember dot cotton but just not Tommy Hunter. My memory’s not the same since I turned 50

Tommy was the head scumbag from series 1. Tony (the superb Lennie James) apprehended him in the finale before making the ultimate sacrifice…

Thankfully Tommy was assassinated at the start of season 2 "

I remember them chasing someone over a bridge? Was that him x

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

You must then!

I remember them chasing someone over a bridge? Was that him x"

No That was the Caddy/Dot

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

You must then!

I remember them chasing someone over a bridge? Was that him x

No That was the Caddy/Dot"

Oh ffs . I should have re-watched

By *uper SaiyanMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

All this must be conducted to the letter of the Law - the letter. We'll be sucking diesel soon

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"All this must be conducted to the letter of the Law - the letter. We'll be sucking diesel soon"
Priceless

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"All this must be conducted to the letter of the Law - the letter. We'll be sucking diesel soon Priceless "

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

she’s amazing

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Line if duty introduced me to the delights of keeley hawes and she played a great part in it."

She was phenomenal in her role, so much so that that was my favourite season.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Having now rewatched S1-5 and caught up on S6 I’m ready for Sunday with my own theories in my head who the fourth H is. It’s definitely been worth it rewatching as all the characters and links fresh in my memory as they crop up through the series.

The trailer giving me that little teaser but nothing away of what is to come..... will we finally get the answers and put this story to bed, time will tell

By *ealArtfulDodgerMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Line if duty introduced me to the delights of keeley hawes and she played a great part in it.

She was phenomenal in her role, so much so that that was my favourite season. "

Is it just me or has this series just paled into insignificance... The first 5 and especially Series 5 with the amazing Stephen Graham.. What a guy.! Were amazing Series 6 Danny Dire I'm afraid..

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"Having now rewatched S1-5 and caught up on S6 I’m ready for Sunday with my own theories in my head who the fourth H is. It’s definitely been worth it rewatching as all the characters and links fresh in my memory as they crop up through the series.

The trailer giving me that little teaser but nothing away of what is to come..... will we finally get the answers and put this story to bed, time will tell "

Care to guess who is the fourth H?

By *uper SaiyanMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Having now rewatched S1-5 and caught up on S6 I’m ready for Sunday with my own theories in my head who the fourth H is. It’s definitely been worth it rewatching as all the characters and links fresh in my memory as they crop up through the series.

The trailer giving me that little teaser but nothing away of what is to come..... will we finally get the answers and put this story to bed, time will tell

Care to guess who is the fourth H? "

I have suspicions but nothing to provide evidence, but I can say one thing - they are a disgrace to the uniform, the lot of 'em

over a year ago

On a mooch

Care to guess who is the fourth H? "

Sorry thought I’d answered this but just realised another thread, so I’ll copy in here

Carmichael - some things definitely hint at her, I’d love it to be her just to see the non existent smile wiped off the face

Kate - started of low rank and the senior officers were in charge and the suspects. Everyone thought they had H in S1 but more came along, a position to be recruited into so not necessarily a name as suggested initially.

Think back to when Matthew died by jumping in front of her to take the bullet, was it just because he cared for her or protecting someone higher up the organisation ranks. Then her whole I need to get his dying declaration all part of her cover. Add to that every case they do she is the one undercover so used to lying and playing both sides, so easy to leak information but not actually be the suspect.

Also when did she transfer into the MIT investigating the journalist’s murder before or after it happened?

That’s where my mind has wandered to

By *uper SaiyanMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Kate transfered off screen between series 5 and 6

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Kate transfered off screen between series 5 and 6"

Aye but don’t know if she joined before or after murder of the journalist, it’s a missing link in my theory and whether a suspect or not

By *aughtycplStokeCouple
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

We both think Hasting is fantastic, some of his lines are class

The names Hastings ma’am, there’s always a battle in me

Jesus Mary Joseph and the wee little donkey

By *uper SaiyanMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Kate transfered off screen between series 5 and 6

Aye but don’t know if she joined before or after murder of the journalist, it’s a missing link in my theory and whether a suspect or not "

Ah yes. I feel like its Kate myself. Too many benefits in the position shes in. Low enough in the pecking order to fly under the radar but high enough to get critical info and direct traffic. Plus UC work for her seems really easy, like she has no trouble fitting in.

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"We both think Hasting is fantastic, some of his lines are class

The names Hastings ma’am, there’s always a battle in me

Jesus Mary Joseph and the wee little donkey

"

These are going to be classic sayings

By *uper SaiyanMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

What if H ends up being the guy from Steps....

over a year ago

I need to catch up with this. Not watched it in a few weeks

Hastings is my favourite character for sure! He's just great

By *ctionnotwords69Man
over a year ago

ENFIELD

What's going on with the Chris Lomax character?....is he Dot's brother?

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I’m out tonight and I’m gutted I can’t watch it! I’m staying off here till I have!

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"I’m out tonight and I’m gutted I can’t watch it! I’m staying off here till I have! "

Yes do!

By *ctionnotwords69Man
over a year ago

ENFIELD

Buckells?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

What 2020 ending! Fucking bullshit disappointment

By *ctionnotwords69Man
over a year ago

ENFIELD

So what is Carmichael going to do with the dirt she's now got on Ted?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Last night was totally underwhelming. I think Mercurio just picked the 4th person at random, then wrote the evidence around them.

It's been left open for a 7th series, but frankly I think it's run its course. It has become so convoluted that it's in danger of collapsing under the weight.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Everyone is slagging it off now because of that episode. I think people just get their expectations so ridiculously high and expect it to keep getting better and better whereas the reality for anything like this is that it levels off at being great and then stays consistent. I was still good in my opinion although I thought it would be a bigger fish than Buckells.

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Everyone is getting so angry about this ending

Isn't the point that there was no kingpin, no master criminal, just some knobhead corrupt copper with a laptop doing what the OCGs told him to?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Well that was underwhelming

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"Everyone is getting so angry about this ending

Isn't the point that there was no kingpin, no master criminal, just some knobhead corrupt copper with a laptop doing what the OCGs told him to?"

Exactly!!

In real life there are no happy endings. I thought it was a fitting ending.

By *entleman of GirthMan
over a year ago

Forest Row

If only....

Just before the credits...

Two prison wardens, outside Buckle’s cell.

One whispers to the other

“She said this has to look forensically like suicide.”

They turn to the door, fade to black, roll credits...

over a year ago

"So what is Carmichael going to do with the dirt she's now got on Ted? "

Theres something about Carmichael and Osbourne. I dont think its fully over!!!!

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

"So what is Carmichael going to do with the dirt she's now got on Ted?

Theres something about Carmichael and Osbourne. I dont think its fully over!!!! "

Ihope you are right.

over a year ago

"So what is Carmichael going to do with the dirt she's now got on Ted?

Theres something about Carmichael and Osbourne. I dont think its fully over!!!! "

Im hoping so and for a 7th series....Im developing a strange attraction to Carmichael

By *aughtycplStokeCouple
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"If only....

Just before the credits...

Two prison wardens, outside Buckle’s cell.

One whispers to the other

“She said this has to look forensically like suicide.”

They turn to the door, fade to black, roll credits..."

Now that would have been a better ending

We like the show but we both felt a bit disappointed when this episode finished

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I was decidedly unhappy with the ending.

In fact my version would have been much better I feel…..

The ‘fourth man’ is led into the interview room and after the famous prolonged recorder beep the camera pans onto his face…..

It is none other than former Smiths frontman, Morrissey. Suddenly he produces a bunch of flowers and starts swinging them around before making a dash out the room to freedom

over a year ago

evesham

Isn't the point that there was no kingpin, no master criminal, just some knobhead corrupt copper with a laptop doing what the OCGs told him to?"

But that isn't what happened is it? He was telling them to off people, he was deciding on the big depot job, they ran things past him. They were scared of him.

over a year ago

I caught up. And I want more. I want Osborne crucified on that investigation table

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Isn't the point that there was no kingpin, no master criminal, just some knobhead corrupt copper with a laptop doing what the OCGs told him to?

But that isn't what happened is it? He was telling them to off people, he was deciding on the big depot job, they ran things past him. They were scared of him. "

nah the only person that was scared of him was Donaldson and that's only because the Ocg copper would shoot her otherwise

over a year ago

evesham

But that isn't what happened is it? He was telling them to off people, he was deciding on the big depot job, they ran things past him. They were scared of him. nah the only person that was scared of him was Donaldson and that's only because the Ocg copper would shoot her otherwise"

And Corbett and the woman he worked with.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

It's all good brainless fun but I've found the last episode of every series disappointing.

It's like the H thing was dreamt up last minute to provide some continuity, even though (4 of them ) it makes no sense.

UK drama needs to learn from Breaking Bad, plan the story arc from the beginning.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

The BBC have today basically announced that it is up to Jed Mercurio if the show will return but that it will happily commission another series if he so chooses.

over a year ago

Just watched it and it felt flat. The award has to go to Davidson for always pulling off a snivelling wreck face and voice. Love Hastings, and the final award goes to the mean streets of....? I've never seen any city streets so bare at night. Where was it filmed? The Lake District?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The BBC have today basically announced that it is up to Jed Mercurio if the show will return but that it will happily commission another series if he so chooses.

"

I'm divided.

I thought it was spectually underwhelming but I do get the underlying message that there will always be corruption.

On the other hand there is still a lot of loose ends.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

"Just watched it and it felt flat. The award has to go to Davidson for always pulling off a snivelling wreck face and voice. Love Hastings, and the final award goes to the mean streets of....? I've never seen any city streets so bare at night. Where was it filmed? The Lake District? "

Brum for the first series then Belfast for all the others.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"The BBC have today basically announced that it is up to Jed Mercurio if the show will return but that it will happily commission another series if he so chooses.

I'm divided.

I thought it was spectually underwhelming but I do get the underlying message that there will always be corruption.

On the other hand there is still a lot of loose ends."

If you’ve not already seen it, another classic BBC series revolving around anti corruption is Between The Lines starring Neil Pearson which I recommend wholeheartedly

The ending to it was an absolute belter to!

over a year ago

Osborne is the top dog (actor only plays baddies). Carmichael is one of his. And it said he is putting his people in top jobs.

Thurwell faked his own death as he has the evidence against Osborne (you wouldn't pay James Nesbit just for 2 photos, run of mill actor would have been used if character really dead).

The triumvirate will carry on their investigations in secret trying to nab the Fourth Man.

Now will all this be in series 7 or dragged out to 8 or more.

Please get it over with. Get Hastings officially back. Start investigating one off cases or close the series.

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"Osborne is the top dog (actor only plays baddies). Carmichael is one of his. And it said he is putting his people in top jobs.

Thurwell faked his own death as he has the evidence against Osborne (you wouldn't pay James Nesbit just for 2 photos, run of mill actor would have been used if character really dead).

The triumvirate will carry on their investigations in secret trying to nab the Fourth Man.

Now will all this be in series 7 or dragged out to 8 or more.

Please get it over with. Get Hastings officially back. Start investigating one off cases or close the series."

The ultimate in double bluffs, using those two actors as decoys

over a year ago

Very expensive double bluffs. One well known character actor and one leading actor. Nah. Money talks in TV and films.

By *eparrain1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stone

I'm divided.

On the other hand there is still a lot of loose ends."

Post new Message to Thread