Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How pretty do you presume?

Jump to newest

By *ntrepid Explorers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Do you find you presume people are more or less attractive from their headless pics? I almost always presume everyone is a stunner, so I'm often wrong by a decent margin!

So easy to build up an overly generous image of prospects in your head I find, and that's absolutely been a problem on meets historically!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Do you find you presume people are more or less attractive from their headless pics? I almost always presume everyone is a stunner, so I'm often wrong by a decent margin!

So easy to build up an overly generous image of prospects in your head I find, and that's absolutely been a problem on meets historically!"

I'm always amused by the torsos that suggest I need a pic

I've seen some very telling pics when people have been here a while and decide to be 'them' at last.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

After being very surprised at my first social party, I never presume faces now as I'm invariably wrong

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I don't presume anything really. I just see most people as being normal people you'd see out and about shopping or picking up dog poos. For the most part I'm pleasantly surprised when I see someone's face.

Hearing someone for the first time though? That's a whole different thing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't presume and I very rarely hardly ever look at photos anyway. More interested in the interactions between people than what they look like.

over a year ago

"I don't presume anything really. I just see most people as being normal people you'd see out and about shopping or picking up dog poos. For the most part I'm pleasantly surprised when I see someone's face.

Hearing someone for the first time though? That's a whole different thing. "

I'd agree with Meli though about hearing someone. Adds to the intrigue.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I always seem to get it massively wrong. So I've stoped trying to guess what people look like.

In general though when I've done face pic Friday, most people say I'm kind of what they expected. Though I've never asked if this is a good or bad thing.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"I don't presume and I very rarely hardly ever look at photos anyway. More interested in the interactions between people than what they look like."

Hmm, I get the theory, but...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I don't presume anything really. I just see most people as being normal people you'd see out and about shopping or picking up dog poos. For the most part I'm pleasantly surprised when I see someone's face.

What you said made me think. I don't take any notice of pics in general. They are all tiny bits of bodies , at best a partial representation of someone's exterior and most of the time I can't tell what bit they are showing.

I do become attracted to or repelled by what people say and the views they hold.....

I'd fuck outside of that boundary tho

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

Omg!! Absolutely!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I feel a new thread coming on but I have to go for a bath and go out.......

Hmmmmmmmmm ........ start n run I guess.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Nah. Twas a shit idea so im not doing it.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Nah. Twas a shit idea so im not doing it."

Yeah, I agree.

By *phrodite_AdonisCouple
over a year ago

~~

Presume they’re more attractive, often disappointed. Always had an issue having high expectations that aren’t met

over a year ago

"Nah. Twas a shit idea so im not doing it."

That's my day ruined then.

over a year ago

People make assumptions about what my accent is likely to be. And friends who have heard it are surprised as I don't sound like someone who comes from my part of the world.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I don't take any notice of pics in general. They are all tiny bits of bodies , at best a partial representation of someone's exterior and most of the time I can't tell what bit they are showing.

I do become attracted to or repelled by what people say and the views they hold.....

I'd fuck outside of that boundary tho "

Do your thread GC! Please.

I'm similar, I become attracted or less attracted based on what they say. I really don't particularly care too much about photos, they are one of the last things I look at on a profile if I do at all. That's not to say I don't appreciate some very much but that's because I know the person behind them.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Presume they’re more attractive, often disappointed. Always had an issue having high expectations that aren’t met "

That's one of the reasons we have face pics, no mystery. But then quite probably fewer messages as a result!

Actually I say we presume they're more attractive, but that's generally more true of women. The less I see of the men in couples the worse I presume they are.

You guys clearly aren't actually bland, I'd put money on that...

over a year ago

BOBW FOCW

My tits are stunning (so says 3 million horny men typing one handed this morning).

over a year ago

I don't really have expectations. Sometimes it completely slips my mind about asking for a face picture if im enjoying someone's conversation.

I think people can assume you look a certain way just by the tone of messages I've received which is bizarre as they could end up being dissapointed

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Fortunately we are both absolute knock outs so never been an issue

over a year ago

"I feel a new thread coming on but I have to go for a bath and go out.......

Hmmmmmmmmm ........ start n run I guess."

Is your new thread 'would you fuck a minger"?

Think I did that one once.

I am not a virgin anymore........

over a year ago

I look ok with a bag on my head :-

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"BOBW FOCW

My tits are stunning (so says 3 million horny men typing one handed this morning).

"

Love the BOBWFOCW!

over a year ago

I guess in some way with headless pictures on profiles, its like a massive game of guess who, it was a board game i used to play with the kids when they were younger, trying to guess what they look yet definitely, but not so much on how pretty they are

over a year ago

It’s not always what the person looks like it’s what’s on the inside that counts

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Hearing someone for the first time though? That's a whole different thing.

People make assumptions about what my accent is likely to be. And friends who have heard it are surprised as I don't sound like someone who comes from my part of the world."

Nooooo! Gutted if you're not Scottish - that would have been the cherry on the top

over a year ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Saying that, my eye has often been dissappointed

I like having my face public so people know what they are getting, but understand why others cant.

Just don't be disheartened by a "sorry not for me" if the face doesn't attract the same way the body did

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Saying that, my eye has often been dissappointed

I like having my face public so people know what they are getting, but understand why others cant.

Just don't be disheartened by a "sorry not for me" if the face doesn't attract the same way the body did"

Whilst there are plenty of valid reasons, I think people generally presume it's more risky than it actually is. We're doing nothing wrong, I don't see why I should decide to hide my face, it was just received wisdom from around here mostly.

Post new Message to Thread