Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Magpie...

Jump to newest

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Does anyone have any experience of Magpie (or similar)?

I've got a load of books and dvds to get rid of. Usually I'd chazza shop them. Is it worth trying to sell them on?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Its quite easy to use magpie, it all depends on the price you want to accept for the items

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've used them in the past for CDs/DVDs. They may not want everything but I think it's worth doing. And anything they don't want you can still donate.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve heard a lot of people have had issues with them, either them ‘losing’ items or not paying the full amount for items sent.

I’d rather take my stuff to CEX or similar

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

My only experience with them was bad, but years ago (at least 10 I think) so they may have improved, but I'm never going back.

I had sent a load of stuff to them once, all in good condition.

Oddly they claimed all the items that should have sold for most were damaged and that they couldn't resell them so gave me nothing for them.

I tried arguing this, but couldn't get a reply out of them and so lost my stuff.

Felt like a scam to me, so I vouched never to use them again.

I now prefer to use something like CEX where I physically hand them over and take the money.

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Thanks peeps, some good advice

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

One for sorrow, Two for joy, Three for a girl, Four for a boy. Five for silver, Six for gold, Seven for a secret, never to be told. Eight for a wish, Nine for a kiss, Ten for a bird you must not miss. Magpie.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"One for sorrow, Two for joy, Three for a girl, Four for a boy. Five for silver, Six for gold, Seven for a secret, never to be told. Eight for a wish, Nine for a kiss, Ten for a bird you must not miss. Magpie."

I sang that too...... I used to like Mick with his curly hair.

Post new Message to Thread