Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Test driving a mattress....

Jump to newest

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I keep seeing adverts to try posh mattresses and return them if not happy.

Has anyone ever done this and how did it go?

It intrigues me (yes, I need to get out more!)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Kids, dogs and posh mattresses never mix, I'm waiting till my retirement to splurge

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Many of those (foam) mattresses are grossly overpriced, and the small number of returns are costed into the company's business model.

I completely overhauled my 'sleeping' arrangements a couple of years ago after myself and my former parted company; if you prefer your partner to be on his knees, the best choice is one of the traditional UK manufacturers such as Sealy, who produce a quality firm mattress.

Most returnable foam mattresses are too soft, and from my research, also too warm.

If you plan to have more than three in bed simultaneously, opt for a king size or queen size mattress and the firmer the better.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

OP, I dare you to try it and report back to us.

over a year ago

"Many of those (foam) mattresses are grossly overpriced, and the small number of returns are costed into the company's business model.

I completely overhauled my 'sleeping' arrangements a couple of years ago after myself and my former parted company; if you prefer your partner to be on his knees, the best choice is one of the traditional UK manufacturers such as Sealy, who produce a quality firm mattress.

Most returnable foam mattresses are too soft, and from my research, also too warm.

If you plan to have more than three in bed simultaneously, opt for a king size or queen size mattress and the firmer the better.

"

I have had my simba mattress for over a year and find it pretty firm. Firmer than our traditional mattresses.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If I order a mattress, do I get someone's return ? Gross !

over a year ago

"If I order a mattress, do I get someone's return ? Gross !"

Some companies do refurbish them and sell them as second hand ones for a lot cheaper but if you’re buying new they’re brand new. I found simba was really good company and they seemed to have very few bad reviews. I’m in love with my simba mattress

over a year ago

I suffered from back pain for 15 years. Last November I bought a mattress with a return guarantee. I got 40% off also.

It changed my life. I can bend down, twist and stretch.

I'm very large. I assumed it wouldn't work but it did.

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Kids, dogs and posh mattresses never mix, I'm waiting till my retirement to splurge "

Very true

Post new Message to Thread