Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Just heard on GMTV about pets

Jump to newest

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

That pets are adding to climate crisis and we shouldn’t be getting new pets!!!!

Unbelievable!!! And a dog apparently has the same carbon footprint as 2 large cars a year plus 2 million tons of cat waste gets dumped each year who comes up with these figures?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"That pets are adding to climate crisis and we shouldn’t be getting new pets!!!!

Unbelievable!!! And a dog apparently has the same carbon footprint as 2 large cars a year plus 2 million tons of cat waste gets dumped each year who comes up with these figures?

"

'They' do......

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

"That pets are adding to climate crisis and we shouldn’t be getting new pets!!!!

'They' do......"

Who’s they ? ONS ? Gmtv ?

over a year ago

'They' do......

Who’s they ? ONS ? Gmtv ? "

The Illuminati

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

'They' do......

Who’s they ? ONS ? Gmtv ?

The Illuminati "

Lol sounds about right that one

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"

Ask GMTV or read other reports on the information. It should be possible to find out.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Old news this Sam.

I had all my dogs , cats and llamas put down to help Greta and save the banks windows.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Wonder how much my horse and herd of doggos contribute. I’ve got a man in the paddock at the moment with a chainsaw and chipper as well.

I feel very guilty now.

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"Yeh your dog has a bigger carbon footprint than a 4-wheel drive..

But so does your baby, maybe you ought to trade him in for a Prius WHAT?" ***epic piano solo***

If you have never heard the song before, it is Tim Minchin's 'The Fence'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zU3fHg3wI

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

""Yeh your dog has a bigger carbon footprint than a 4-wheel drive..

But so does your baby, maybe you ought to trade him in for a Prius WHAT?" ***epic piano solo***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zU3fHg3wI "

Like Tim dude just listen to it pmsl made me smile nice one dude

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Probably a pet tax soon.

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

Like Tim dude just listen to it pmsl made me smile nice one dude "

got tickets booked to see him in Blackpool in November. Straight after I’ll be in Club Play

Perfect weekend planned haha

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

Like Tim dude just listen to it pmsl made me smile nice one dude

got tickets booked to see him in Blackpool in November. Straight after I’ll be in Club Play

Perfect weekend planned haha"

Sounds like a perfect weekend enjoy mate hope this lockdown doesn’t pop it’s ugly head back up and you get there

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Okay what have you done with Tom?

over a year ago

Simply dont care tbh once this covid thing buggers off il be done with people telling me what to do so to any and all tree huggers out there diligaf

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

"Probably a pet tax soon."

Good point there’s got to be agenda somewhere its ridiculous pet pros outweigh pet cons on this I think

over a year ago

"Probably a pet tax soon.

Good point there’s got to be agenda somewhere its ridiculous pet pros outweigh pet cons on this I think "

there is its called vets bills

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering

GMTV comes out with this nonsense and then in the next segment of the show you can win today's prize which is a cruise around the Caribbean on a ship that burns 80,000 gallons of fuel per day or 250 tonnes !!

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

"GMTV comes out with this nonsense and then in the next segment of the show you can win today's prize which is a cruise around the Caribbean on a ship that burns 80,000 gallons of fuel per day or 250 tonnes !! "

Fucken to true It’s a fucken piss

By *elethWoman
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

These are facts I will be using to inform any future decisions on pets. My current one (horse) generates vast amounts of single use plastic, as well as having a high carbon footprint in food consumption and travel costs. These facts are part of the reason I won't be having another.

Cats are very hard on birds and rodents, if I were to have another it would be a rescue I would be providing significant environmental enrichment for at home (a recent study has shown this to reduce predation), as well as attempting to keep a collar with bell on. I'd also be considering offsetting it's carbon footprint.

It's information we can use as part of our decision-making process.

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

"Probably a pet tax soon.

Good point there’s got to be agenda somewhere its ridiculous pet pros outweigh pet cons on this I think there is its called vets bills "

over a year ago

Ain't gettin rid of my cattle

over a year ago

"Wonder how much my horse and herd of doggos contribute. I’ve got a man in the paddock at the moment with a chainsaw and chipper as well.

I feel very guilty now. "

How nice that you've given your pet man his very own paddock!

By *-man24 OP   Man
over a year ago

northwest

"Wonder how much my horse and herd of doggos contribute. I’ve got a man in the paddock at the moment with a chainsaw and chipper as well.

I feel very guilty now.

How nice that you've given your pet man his very own paddock! "

Funny as fuck like it

Any paddock vacancy’s going

Post new Message to Thread