Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I want a nice shiny new profile!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Like moving house where you take the stuff you want and put the rest in the bin, i’d like a nice new profile with all my filters reset, all the messages wiped, a few of my veri’s that i’ve given/ received cleared too, everything neat tidy. I’d keep keep my years of membership on fab though and my pics and profile bio.

If you could start again would you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe but I would still be a single guy on this site and as most single guys know it’s a hard days work on here for us lol

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Essentially if you block the people with the unwanted veris, they will be removed and you can have your clean slate

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I like the delete all messages, friend requests, winks feeling

over a year ago

Many before you have started again.

Some many times.

Some every other day

over a year ago

Yes

Shortly after I signed up, I saw someone I know in The Who’s Online feature, quite by accident. I had a momentary panic about being here and changed my age and location.

I’ve changed my location back to where I am but I can’t change my age. It’s not a big thing. I’ve decided to keep it and signed up for a year’s membership. You’re all stuck with me for another 355 days!!!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Nah. Too much hassle. Just choose what veris to display and set your filters how you like them.

over a year ago

I did, I deleted mine and started again after a break. I'm glad I did it, I've learnt lessons from the first time around especially with the message filters. Sometimes its good to start fresh

over a year ago

Eh. No. Not feeling it now. But one day I'm going to. And I know exactly what name I will use.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

If I could keep all my photos, yes. It’s the only thing that prevents me from deleting and starting afresh.

over a year ago

"If I could keep all my photos, yes. It’s the only thing that prevents me from deleting and starting afresh. "

Your photos and videos are amazing

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

No i would only change my name as i am a whole lot saner than my name suggests. I joined the site on a whim as a suggestion from a friend but never thought i would find my tribe here and enjoy it so much!

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Errrrrrm.

I am also becoming fond of yellow underwear.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

In short; no

The experience for single women and couples is very different than that of single guys.

Name recognition, friends, veri’s and just the fact that my profile shows that I’ve been here for a while, carries a degree of weight that would all go up in smoke.

I’m at the point where I can just send folks messages and they know that I’m just chatting or it’s only about a specific point and I’m not being creepy. I like that.

If you want to OP, all of the things that you want can be achieved with a bit of messing around on your settings.

over a year ago

I did. I deleted mine with no intention of returning, As much as setting it all up again was a pain, I'm glad I done it. I came back a new person and my profile reflects that (or it did anyway, it's boring currently)

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Kinda.

Peach has 5 years of memories and not all of them good. A fresh start wouldn't erase them unfortunately, if it would I'd have hit the reset button for sure.

My time will come where I say my goodbyes and I don't think it's that far away.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

No I wouldn't. One, my name would undoubtedly disappear as quickly as I deleted my profile. Two, I'm more the sort to hide it. Three, I like the journey I've been on and don't want to start from scratch.

Actually, maybe I'd want to start afresh if I made a bit of a tit of myself? I'd probably just hide for a bit though.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

We don't feel the need to start again. We're happy enough.

over a year ago

Just been through the process.

Tracking down friends from the past and trying to pick up from where I left off is nigh on impossible. I'm pretty much the same username but having to rebuild my reputation from scratch.

The profile is a little different as circumstances have changed (as have I in some respects). Only those that knew me can say if I've retained the essence of Fever Tree of old.

Short answer, this is it. If I leave again, it will be for the last time, despite Fab being the Hotel California.

Post new Message to Thread