By *entileschi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Norwich

Does it make your leg go wonky?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Define wonky OP..... I can't stand on mine easily during an attack but it doesn't physically change it I don't think.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

It can do. When mine is really bad it makes my bum numb and my leg quivers like it will give way.

over a year ago

Norwich

Yeah this is exactly what I’m getting.

over a year ago

Norwich

"Define wonky OP..... I can't stand on mine easily during an attack but it doesn't physically change it I don't think."

Leg feels like it does when half way out of pins and needles if that makes sense

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"Define wonky OP..... I can't stand on mine easily during an attack but it doesn't physically change it I don't think.

Leg feels like it does when half way out of pins and needles if that makes sense"

That does make sense. Exactly that. And the quivers as well. Leg and buttock.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tens machines are very good apparently x

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Yes, it can do what you describe. Sounds like you have nerve impingement, often caused by a protruding intervertebral disc, but can also be bony spurs on the vertebrae too. If it persists, see your GP and seek decent physio to try and alleviate if there is a disc issue. You want to avoid a full blown busted disc, that hurts like absolute fuck.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"Yes, it can do what you describe. Sounds like you have nerve impingement, often caused by a protruding intervertebral disc, but can also be bony spurs on the vertebrae too. If it persists, see your GP and seek decent physio to try and alleviate if there is a disc issue. You want to avoid a full blown busted disc, that hurts like absolute fuck."

*nods*

over a year ago

Norwich

"Define wonky OP..... I can't stand on mine easily during an attack but it doesn't physically change it I don't think.

Leg feels like it does when half way out of pins and needles if that makes sense

That does make sense. Exactly that. And the quivers as well. Leg and buttock."

It is disconcerting but I think exercising it is helping. Frustrating me though. I’ve recently got my sight back after waiting 18 months for an op on cataracts and I want to go out! This is slowing me down.

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"Does it make your leg go wonky?"

My back goes wonky through over compensating. Spent a small fortune over the years trying to find decent physio help, then stumbled across an American chiropractor on YouTube who showed a whole load of exercises to re-straighten my gait. Takes a couple of days, but know how to recognise early signs and take preventative actions.

By * AND R 777Couple
over a year ago

Teesside

Ice is your friend on this one, put a bag of ice on your lower back, it will bring the infiammation down and ease the pain

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

The pins and needles thing is a common sciatica thing.

Mine will often feel like someone is stroking my leg with a stinging nettle, it sort of comes in waves. Muscle spasm is also quite common.

Has it got to your toes yet?

over a year ago

Nurse here..

Find point of pain (bum) get someone to thumb or elbow press on to point of pain and Press as hard as you can for 10 minutes .. as often as tolerated.

Look up accupressure/pressure points to relieve sciatica.

Good luck been there x

If not .. bowen therapist is good

over a year ago

If its mild,there are excercises you can do consistently at home that would treat it. You should check with you gp as someone else said though and they can refer you on to a physio or therapist. Hopefully what you have is not severe but you could get surgery done too. Either way talk to your gp. If you want to know some of the home streches you can do, pm me

over a year ago

Norwich

Managed a few minutes on the exercise bike and did some ing in the garden just to keep it moving. Could do with a good fuck to shake it out but that might fuck it up for good and all.

over a year ago

There are lots of videos on YT to help with sciatica pain relief check them out

over a year ago

Norwich

"The pins and needles thing is a common sciatica thing.

Mine will often feel like someone is stroking my leg with a stinging nettle, it sort of comes in waves. Muscle spasm is also quite common.

Has it got to your toes yet?"

The nerve will go into spasm and half my arse is numb and yes the stinging nettle thing reaches my toes.

over a year ago

Norwich

"Nurse here..

Find point of pain (bum) get someone to thumb or elbow press on to point of pain and Press as hard as you can for 10 minutes .. as often as tolerated.

Look up accupressure/pressure points to relieve sciatica.

Good luck been there x

If not .. bowen therapist is good"

Ooh thanks nurse

By *areasRockinghorsepooWoman
over a year ago

my happy place

My left leg went partially numb, shooting pain from my bum down my leg and i couldnt put left foot fully to the floor. 8months of so much pain, pacing the house all night as i couldnt get comfortable. Numerous pain relief taken none which worked many that made me dozy.

Yoga was the only thing to help. Its not nice i sympathise with you for sure.

over a year ago

Makes my leg a little numb and my bum cheek too. Lasts a few days then it goes. Bloody annoying!!

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Right now my back is killing me, especially after driving over bumpy roads not sure if I've got sciatica or something else. Butt muscles hurt, lower spine, around my hips too. Slight numbness.

Can't bend forward.

The pain is excruciating.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

It’s an absolutely bugger at times. Tens machine and exercises help. So does a good physio session.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I had a bad case of it due to a impact back injury at work. Used to cause me so much hassle and pain especially on a cold morning. Luckily I was in the Forces at the time and the physio I received was excellent. I also had youth on my side back then. It took a few months to be back ok and discharged from my regular physio. Took another couple of years before I stopped getting the occasional twinge or minor troubles first thing in the morning. But I've not felt anything of it for about 10 years now. (Mr)

By *umalotagainMan
over a year ago

a town called malice

At the point where the sciatic nerve crosses through your pelvis it is about the diameter of your little finger, so when it gets trapped it hurts like &@#$

Most likely compression point is when it passes the Piriformis and glute medius, the pins and needles and wonky leg you describe are all common symptoms

Go find a good physio or a chiropractor who deals in soft tissue work ( not just bone crunching ) and they should be able to free things up a bit. It may take some tome and you may need some anti inflammatories or muscle relaxants from the GP

Good luck getting sorted it can be horrible

Post new Message to Thread