Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dream holiday destination?

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Maybe dream holiday is a bit much but say you have the chance to go on an achievable dream holiday where would it be?

I'm talking about what is common folks can aspire to not mega rich not a chance in hell kind of holiday.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Glacier hiking in Iceland again

By *urora1912Woman
over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

Cape Verde

Norway

Iceland

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Semi achievable. Lord Howe Island

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Glacier hiking in Iceland again"

Again?

Noice

By *ourNextAddictionMan
over a year ago

Somerset

Probably Japan! Snowboarding - I’ll get there eventually (hopefully)

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’d like to go to New Zealand but I think the flight time and shitty levels of leg room on the plane would make me weep.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I’d like to go to New Zealand but I think the flight time and shitty levels of leg room on the plane would make me weep."

Long haul the leg room is a little better.

But it does suck. (I've not done UK to NZ but I've done UK to Australia many times and what's a few hours between friends )

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Achievable this year?

Possibly USA, New Orleans (as I didn't see enough of it last time) then a road trip either into Texas or Memphis

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

Maldives....

By *exyfuncouple-40Couple
over a year ago

Bloxham

We got the Maldives booked in November if we still aloud to go

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

"We got the Maldives booked in November if we still aloud to go "

Well jel!

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

"Maldives.... "

My fella said he will take me one day......

By *exyfuncouple-40Couple
over a year ago

Bloxham

"We got the Maldives booked in November if we still aloud to go

Well jel! "

Thought we give it a go we both loved Thailand such a amazing place

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"I’d like to go to New Zealand but I think the flight time and shitty levels of leg room on the plane would make me weep.

But it does suck. (I've not done UK to NZ but I've done UK to Australia many times and what's a few hours between friends )"

I’d quite like to visit Australia too if I’m honest - I watched a programme the other week and Tasmania was featured, looked gorgeous! but I know I’d be a quivering wreck waiting for a mega mutant ninja spider to jump out at me

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I’d like to go to New Zealand but I think the flight time and shitty levels of leg room on the plane would make me weep.

But it does suck. (I've not done UK to NZ but I've done UK to Australia many times and what's a few hours between friends )

I’d quite like to visit Australia too if I’m honest - I watched a programme the other week and Tasmania was featured, looked gorgeous! but I know I’d be a quivering wreck waiting for a mega mutant ninja spider to jump out at me "

Australia and NZ are both amazing and very different.

For a holiday I would do something touristy like Cairns, Cape Trib, Airlie Beach, whitsundays, Byron bay etc it’s not too adventurous

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I’d quite like to visit Australia too if I’m honest - I watched a programme the other week and Tasmania was featured, looked gorgeous! but I know I’d be a quivering wreck waiting for a mega mutant ninja spider to jump out at me "

Tasmania is absolutely beautiful. If you go in summer wear sunscreen no matter how cool it might seem - the sun gets you worse there than other parts of Australia.

Sydney - walk across the Harbour Bridge. It's free, and it's a heck of a view.

If first stop Oz, New Zealand is just across the ditch

Spiders/snakes etc - don't stick your limbs where you can't see and you'll be fine.

By *x-Andy-xxMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

New Zealand

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

The tip of South America all the way up to Alaska

On the way I would spend serious time seeing the sights and hanging about with sloths in Costa Rica.

Probably do a ranch holiday in the US along the way.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tour of loas, Cambodia, Vietnam, Burma and Thailand...the war tunnels of Vietnam, the golden triangle and islands of Thailand

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I’d like to go to New Zealand but I think the flight time and shitty levels of leg room on the plane would make me weep."

Break up the journey with a stopover each way. It’s well worth the long haul

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Italy for me.....

over a year ago

"We got the Maldives booked in November if we still aloud to go "

Nice! Dive with manta rays there if you can.

By *ornUnderStoneMan
over a year ago

Brighton

Any time I can spend in Almeria I will

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

Cuba...for the 12th time

over a year ago

"Maldives.... "

Go when it’s quieter - that means avoid any big public holidays occurring in the Chinese and Middle Eastern calendar.

That’s my top tip for anywhere in general really.

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I was supposed to be going to Australia and New Zealand just before Covid. Hopefully next year now

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I love Italy

over a year ago

Anywhere with the right person ... Cuba if on my own! (Always wanted to hike around Cuba!)

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Go by Singapore airlines... it's not too bad

over a year ago

Kerala in Southern India for me loved it there and would like to see more of it

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I'd love to stay in Sardinia with Gino d'acampo at his villa

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Thailand but only if i can fly first class. Too long a flight to be folded up in cattle class.

So anyone want to take me first class?

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

The Rockies, they look stunningly beautiful...either hiking in the spring, or skiing in winter.

over a year ago

Shark diving in South Africa

over a year ago

Prague by train.

over a year ago

anywhere with him.

but its my dream to get to Fiji one day. Px

over a year ago

Go by Singapore airlines... it's not too bad "

....and do a stopover in Singapore for a night or two. Not much to see but great food there. Nice for a restful stopover.

About 13 hours there from UK and another 8 hours to Sydney or about 10 to Auckland.

By *mwirralMan
over a year ago

wirral

New Zealand, for people worried about leg room pick an airline that has premium economy, worth the extra money in my opinion

By *aby girl32Woman
over a year ago

Leigh lancs

I'd be happy with a week in benidorm atm

over a year ago

"Thailand but only if i can fly first class. Too long a flight to be folded up in cattle class.

So anyone want to take me first class?"

I went to Vietnam. 16hr flight to Thailand, 10hr stop off in Bangkok airport waiting for the connecting flight. Put me off flying for good.

By *1sexypairCouple
over a year ago

Retford

Dream holiday

Hawaii is the wife's favourite place to holiday. Mine would be America, New Orleans, New York, and LA.

Done Australia 3times Singapore, Hon Kong, Mexico Twice.

Still a few others I'd like to visit hopefully it will happen once it's safe to travel to other countries.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

There's lots of places I would love to go but hedonism II in Jamaica sounds absolutely awesome especially when things get easier and we can swing (and travel) again, a couple of weeks relaxing there and enjoying myself in every way that's available just really would tick all of my boxes.

Who coming with me? Fabswingers takeover!!!

over a year ago

"The Rockies, they look stunningly beautiful...either hiking in the spring, or skiing in winter. "

Yessass....one of my best trips ever!!! ‘Hiked’ there on a horse with a guide. camping along the way for 3 days. You must make it happen, not necessarily with a horse.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"The Rockies, they look stunningly beautiful...either hiking in the spring, or skiing in winter.

Yessass....one of my best trips ever!!! ‘Hiked’ there on a horse with a guide. camping along the way for 3 days. You must make it happen, not necessarily with a horse. "

Ohhhh, the horse bit sounds like fun

over a year ago

"New Zealand, for people worried about leg room pick an airline that has premium economy, worth the extra money in my opinion"

Alternative could be on a flight with stopovers in Dubai/Qatar, Hong Kong/Bangkok/Singapore and then on to the Antipodes.

Emirates and Qatar do those routes and may be able to bundle stopovers in their tickets.

Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways do as well but how flexible they are with stopovers in the Middle East, I’m unsure.

Best airline of the lot, Singapore Airlines.

over a year ago

"The Rockies, they look stunningly beautiful...either hiking in the spring, or skiing in winter.

Yessass....one of my best trips ever!!! ‘Hiked’ there on a horse with a guide. camping along the way for 3 days. You must make it happen, not necessarily with a horse.

Ohhhh, the horse bit sounds like fun "

It is!! Sore as hell and could barely walk after three days but what memories. Hiking by foot is just as good.

You really need to make this trip happen, especially as part of a road trip. I LOVE America, especially road trips. The people are wonderful as well. Ever curious and friendly.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"New Zealand, for people worried about leg room pick an airline that has premium economy, worth the extra money in my opinion"

Yes and often you can get free upgrade to a bed if there’s space and you have tier points. Emirates don’t do prem economy but if you book economy and then buy a seat upstairs for about £100 it’s better than Virgin prem. I flew to India on VM prem last year, they gave the free upgrade, they provide pjamas and even come and tuck you in then wake you about 5am for breakfast

over a year ago

"Thailand but only if i can fly first class. Too long a flight to be folded up in cattle class.

I went to Vietnam. 16hr flight to Thailand, 10hr stop off in Bangkok airport waiting for the connecting flight. Put me off flying for good."

Vietnam Airlines flies directly to Hanoi and Saigon, non-stop. They’re really affordable as well. Business Class costs not much more than economy, I think.

One tip about Vietnam - big difference between taste between the north and south. Very bland and dull in the north and an explosion of flavours in the south, for the SAME dish.

By *scouple07Couple
over a year ago

louth, Ireland

We would love to visit new Zealand, preferably during a British and Irish lions tour

over a year ago

I went to Vietnam. 16hr flight to Thailand, 10hr stop off in Bangkok airport waiting for the connecting flight. Put me off flying for good.

Vietnam Airlines flies directly to Hanoi and Saigon, non-stop. They’re really affordable as well. Business Class costs not much more than economy, I think.

One tip about Vietnam - big difference between taste between the north and south. Very bland and dull in the north and an explosion of flavours in the south, for the SAME dish. "

I went before there were direct flights. Didn't know they now did direct.

over a year ago

One tip about Vietnam - big difference between taste between the north and south. Very bland and dull in the north and an explosion of flavours in the south, for the SAME dish.

I went before there were direct flights. Didn't know they now did direct."

I know they’ve been doing them for several years from Heathrow. It’s on certain days of the week and to either Hanoi or Saigon depending on the day.

Was the trip worth the journey?

over a year ago

"Probably Japan! Snowboarding - I’ll get there eventually (hopefully)"

Great for powdery snow. Avoid peak periods when Asia and Australia descend on the slopes there.

Off season, you’ll not even see a queue at any chair lift. Make it happen. You’ll love it.

It’s very different from the Alps in terms of resorts, accommodation and food, especially if you choose to stay off-resort.

Hokkaido is fantastic and powdery, even low on the slopes but you’ll need a connecting flight from Tokyo to Sapporo. Go in February and there’s a nice little ice festival there then.

over a year ago

Pdi canery

South of France

Double

Berlin to have some German doner

Ireland to have some crack

over a year ago

I went before there were direct flights. Didn't know they now did direct.

I know they’ve been doing them for several years from Heathrow. It’s on certain days of the week and to either Hanoi or Saigon depending on the day.

Was the trip worth the journey?"

The actual trip was very good and I'm glad I did it. Travelled north to south. Last few days were unbearable due to the increase of humidity as their rainy season was about to break. And on the flight back to Bangkok it did - took off in the middle of a tropical thunderstorm

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I’ve travelled very little in my life, couple of times to France on the Weymouth ferry when I was a kid and once to Tenerife as an adult.

The only two countries I have had a desire to visit are Canada and Iceland.

Who knows maybe one day.

I feel fortunate to live where I do and enjoy my time in the English countryside.

over a year ago

A deserted island in Micronesia with a lover/s

over a year ago

New Zealand for a couple of months exploring with my crush

over a year ago

south africa for me.

I had it booked for this year, but obviously covid happened - determined to get there as soon as I can and do table mountain, johannesberg, cape town and a couple of safari lodges.

I've never really had a bucket list, but if I did that would be on it 100%.

over a year ago

"I’ve travelled very little in my life, couple of times to France on the Weymouth ferry when I was a kid and once to Tenerife as an adult.

The only two countries I have had a desire to visit are Canada and Iceland.

Who knows maybe one day.

I feel fortunate to live where I do and enjoy my time in the English countryside. "

That’s exactly it. It is beautiful here. I’m glad you feel that way about what we have here. Honestly, I love it here. It is so easy to live in Britain. It’s wonderful to travel but to live here is a blessing.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Mauritius or The Maldives again. Absolute heaven x

over a year ago

I’m rather surprised at how many here want a trip to New Zealand.

Do you know why you have a fascination for it?

over a year ago

"Mauritius or The Maldives again. Absolute heaven x"

over a year ago

"Mauritius or The Maldives again. Absolute heaven x"

when I had to cancel South Africa I booked for Mauritius instead (their vaccine programme looks promising). been lucky to be a couple of times and love it - beautiful place, great for chilling out or doing stuff, and AMAZING rum

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"I’m rather surprised at how many here want a trip to New Zealand.

Do you know why you have a fascination for it?"

My brother has been and says I will love it. I love mountains, lakes and walking plus part of LOTR was filmed there (big fan) and I want to do a sky dive too.

over a year ago

"I’m rather surprised at how many here want a trip to New Zealand.

Do you know why you have a fascination for it?

My brother has been and says I will love it. I love mountains, lakes and walking plus part of LOTR was filmed there (big fan) and I want to do a sky dive too. "

I was wondering if LOTR fed into it. It is beautiful there but I must admit, I couldn’t help getting a sense of deja vu wherever I went.

Everywhere seemed to remind me of somewhere else I had been before. Approaching the mountains reminded me of the Alps, driving along most of the roads reminded me of Wales or Scotland, that type of thing.

Rotorua was fun for it’s volcanic features.

over a year ago

Waiting for my sizeable compensation payout to hit my account toward the tail end of this year and Zanzibar is my first stop

By *nvisible_manMan
over a year ago

TWICKENHAM

"Pdi canery

South of France

Double

"

For fucks sake why can't you learn

Its

CANARY

DUBAI

and unless you're buying drugs its Craic

over a year ago

"Pdi canery

South of France

Double

For fucks sake why can't you learn

Its

CANARY

DUBAI

and unless you're buying drugs its Craic"

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Mauritius or The Maldives again. Absolute heaven x

when I had to cancel South Africa I booked for Mauritius instead (their vaccine programme looks promising). been lucky to be a couple of times and love it - beautiful place, great for chilling out or doing stuff, and AMAZING rum "

I cant wait to get back, hopefully the company will just be as amazing this time as it had been previously x

over a year ago

"Mauritius or The Maldives again. Absolute heaven x

when I had to cancel South Africa I booked for Mauritius instead (their vaccine programme looks promising). been lucky to be a couple of times and love it - beautiful place, great for chilling out or doing stuff, and AMAZING rum

I cant wait to get back, hopefully the company will just be as amazing this time as it had been previously x"

That is what makes it special. Otherwise, it’s just another lovely spot you’ve been to.

Post new Message to Thread