Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What the actual .... ??

Jump to newest

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

Apologies ... grab a cuppa and a biscuit lol

Been chatting to a potential FWB ( all I’m looking for) for a couple of months. Hid my profile during this time as everything was looking good. I have logged in a handful of times out of boredom after a late shift at work etc but not chatted with anyone else. Last Saturday we arranged to meet up tonight socially for a drink to see if we clicked. Then, Tuesday out of the blue and after one of those log ins, he messaged me saying that he had deleted his profile as this site ‘wasn’t for him’ he had seen that I had logged in here and was still using the site right after we had arranged to meet up. He wished me luck and hoped I found what I was looking for on here ... !

What followed was a pretty pointless conversation basically him saying he wasn’t giving me the brush off, he didn’t say he wouldn’t meet me ( well thank you VM mr Ego) and I should have a glass of wine!

Next morning it was like that pointless conversation didn’t happen and was sweet as pie.

He suggested a phone call before we meet yesterday .... I’d message him when I was free to chat ....

that’s it. Nothing, nana, zilch .......

message unread (or more than likely blocked) don’t get me wrong I’m not heartbroken ..... my ex was an utter psycho and red flags did pop up anyway but Christ what a waste of bloody energy!

I can’t be alone in this sort of thing surely ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Apologies ... grab a cuppa and a biscuit lol

Been chatting to a potential FWB ( all I’m looking for) for a couple of months. Hid my profile during this time as everything was looking good. I have logged in a handful of times out of boredom after a late shift at work etc but not chatted with anyone else. Last Saturday we arranged to meet up tonight socially for a drink to see if we clicked. Then, Tuesday out of the blue and after one of those log ins, he messaged me saying that he had deleted his profile as this site ‘wasn’t for him’ he had seen that I had logged in here and was still using the site right after we had arranged to meet up. He wished me luck and hoped I found what I was looking for on here ... !

What followed was a pretty pointless conversation basically him saying he wasn’t giving me the brush off, he didn’t say he wouldn’t meet me ( well thank you VM mr Ego) and I should have a glass of wine!

Next morning it was like that pointless conversation didn’t happen and was sweet as pie.

He suggested a phone call before we meet yesterday .... I’d message him when I was free to chat ....

message unread (or more than likely blocked) don’t get me wrong I’m not heartbroken ..... my ex was an utter psycho and red flags did pop up anyway but Christ what a waste of bloody energy!

I can’t be alone in this sort of thing surely ? "

Keyboard warrior, bottled it, definitely married.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Doesn't sound good tbh. Don't chase him, if he wants to meet you I'd let him make some grovelling apologies before I'd let him.

How did he know you'd come back on if he deleted his profile?

It all sounds a bit odd xx

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Not at all, I was chatting to someone for 4 week, near enough everyday, then, out of the blue unlos

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

Keyboard warrior, bottled it, definitely married."

Seems so ..... idiot ! X

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

"Doesn't sound good tbh. Don't chase him, if he wants to meet you I'd let him make some grovelling apologies before I'd let him.

It all sounds a bit odd xx "

He’s prob set another profile up by now, but yes, would only know I had logged on if he did lol

I won’t be meeting him even if he does grovel ALOT .... x

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

What a waste of your time and energy.

Just because you plan to meet someone doesn't mean you can't be on fab!

That's just lame on his part unless, he was under the impression you wouldn't be on here.

Sure we can all change our minds but there's ways to go about it.

over a year ago

"Doesn't sound good tbh. Don't chase him, if he wants to meet you I'd let him make some grovelling apologies before I'd let him.

It all sounds a bit odd xx

He’s prob set another profile up by now, but yes, would only know I had logged on if he did lol

I won’t be meeting him even if he does grovel ALOT .... x"

Good for you xx

over a year ago

You are not alone! I know this feeling all to well, hope your ok. Here if you want to exchange story’s and vent haha there seems to be a lot of selfish time wasters on this site, raising my glass of wine with you! Xx Natalie

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Sounds like you've dodged a bullet there

over a year ago

Ive had my fair share of selfish spineless time wasters too. Very annoying. Their loss not ours op

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Sounds like he's thrown his toys out, cos you logged on

He had to have logged on too, to see that.

Sounds v immature, you hadn't even met and hadn't promised to be exclusive.

If he comes back on and gets in touch, I'd decline.

over a year ago

I’ve had people have a go because I’ve logged on, posted pics and not looked at messages.

My time on here is my own, and I won’t run my profile according to others, I run it as I wish, and if that means not checking messages and then posting pics or on the forum, so be it!

Bullet dodged I would say!

By *loss aka Miss JonesWoman
over a year ago

south coast IOW

It’s happened to us all at some point on this site Op. don’t let it get to you. Xx

over a year ago

Sounds like he's done you a favour. It doesn't sound like he's grasped what a swinging site is about!!

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Next!!

Seriously... Does he not appreciate how hard it is for single guys to get some action?

And for is women to find someone we want to share more than a coffee with?

over a year ago

Happens so much, had it several times.

It is the ultimate dick move, hope you find what you are looking for OP x

over a year ago

What an idiot!

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Nope it's happened to me on far too many occasions I care to mention on here and other sites, all seems fine then radio silence. Guess I met the need at the time and now I don't who knows. Do I let it get to me, I used to but not now, line under and move on.

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

"What a waste of your time and energy.

Just because you plan to meet someone doesn't mean you can't be on fab!

That's just lame on his part unless, he was under the impression you wouldn't be on here.

Sure we can all change our minds but there's ways to go about it."

I think he was on the wrong site .... it’s quite clear what I’m looking for ... and not looking for but just got a sense of ‘ownership’ and possessiveness.... red flags x

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Ugh. I know we all have our insecure moments and I'm happy to reassure someone if they have a wobble but I won't deal with possessiveness like that. Especially when we meet on here for God's sake. Surely we all know where we stand?

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

Well it seems this is quite a common thing, thank you all for the understanding and supportive contributions. I agree, a bullet had definitely been dodged and i won’t be losing any sleep over it.

Whether married, a fantasist or just nuts .... I will continue my search lol

X

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's fantastic when clear signals are given before any further investment of energy is given to a person who is unsuitable. There will always be some dead ends that we reach, after exploring and having had some dreams ended.

There are more unsuitable people out there than those who are great for us. Some of them may be right at a different point in our life but the moment we know they're not right just now, it's better to bail.

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

"It's fantastic when clear signals are given before any further investment of energy is given to a person who is unsuitable. There will always be some dead ends that we reach, after exploring and having had some dreams ended.

There are more unsuitable people out there than those who are great for us. Some of them may be right at a different point in our life but the moment we know they're not right just now, it's better to bail. "

Very wise words

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Sounds like him and his missus' sex life is on and off when it's off he turns to you and when it's on he gives you the cold shoulder

Like it's upto you how you live your life but don't suffer fools lightly pretty you can find someone else that appreciates you

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Had same, swapped pics and numbers with a local guy wanting to meet us then when it came to meet he didnt reply, still on fab, wish we could name him to warn others.

Loads on here like them.

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

"Sounds like him and his missus' sex life is on and off when it's off he turns to you and when it's on he gives you the cold shoulder

Like it's upto you how you live your life but don't suffer fools lightly pretty you can find someone else that appreciates you"

Yes absolutely

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Always heed your red flags OP.

over a year ago

Did he understand what a FWB is? I may have grossly misunderstood its meaning if it means the lady has made me a commitment to be monogamous, apart from the fact that logging in here doesn’t mean you’re ‘searching’ for anyone.

Perhaps he was starting to like you a little too much and knew you wouldn’t reciprocate. I’ve never had a FWB situation but I must admit, I’d be afraid of being hurt that way.

Just saying.

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

"Did he understand what a FWB is? I may have grossly misunderstood its meaning if it means the lady has made me a commitment to be monogamous, apart from the fact that logging in here doesn’t mean you’re ‘searching’ for anyone.

Perhaps he was starting to like you a little too much and knew you wouldn’t reciprocate. I’ve never had a FWB situation but I must admit, I’d be afraid of being hurt that way.

Just saying. "

If he wasn’t sure about the meaning of a FWB, my profile is quite clear about what I am looking for. I personally think that ‘he’ was looking for something else and more regardless of what I had stated I wanted and he, at some point, realised that. Appreciate your point of view x

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

I think everyone experiences that at some point. We certainly have more than once.

Good in the sense you've swerved someone that clearly doesn't have the same values as you but definitely very frustrating!

Feel your pain. Covid has not helped atall but we have found its much easier meeting people in person you can get a feel for them much quicker that way and usually those you meet in person generally are more often genuine or at least you dodge those that never really intend to meet.

X

over a year ago

It was probably a guy

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Don’t dwell on it, put it behind you and move on.

I got chatting to someone on another site, it was going really well. She kept telling me about other guys she had met socially and kept getting ghosted every time. I asked her when we were going to arrange meeting up and she said “oh, we are never going to meet up”

That was the end of that.

At the end of the day treat these sites as if nothing is real until you actually meet someone face to face

By *-man24Man
over a year ago

northwest

Think upon it as a lucky escape you could of put more of your precious time into him

and Mr T would say dam fool

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

Good riddance...

I’ve had already established FBs go cold on me because surprise surprise! I actually meet other people! THEY are the ones who always say “no strings, no hassle”, “this is just sex”, but apparently I can only do it with them...

Agreed. What a waste of time and energy. I just use Fab now to post photos and chat banalities...

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

"I think everyone experiences that at some point. We certainly have more than once.

Good in the sense you've swerved someone that clearly doesn't have the same values as you but definitely very frustrating!

Feel your pain. Covid has not helped atall but we have found its much easier meeting people in person you can get a feel for them much quicker that way and usually those you meet in person generally are more often genuine or at least you dodge those that never really intend to meet.

X"

I agree, if it had if progressed I think I would have met him just to test out those red flags, just because you can ‘read’ someone better face to face .... but he probably knew it was never getting to that point anyway .... who knows ?

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

"Good riddance...

I’ve had already established FBs go cold on me because surprise surprise! I actually meet other people! THEY are the ones who always say “no strings, no hassle”, “this is just sex”, but apparently I can only do it with them...

Agreed. What a waste of time and energy. I just use Fab now to post photos and chat banalities... "

Yes this exactly ... even in vanilla land a lot of people in general cannot understand the single by choice concept ..... the word single seems to mean ‘alone and looking’ lol

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

Think upon it as a lucky escape you could of put more of your precious time into him

and Mr T would say dam fool "

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

and Mr T would say dam fool "

It was definitely one I’m glad I dodged

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

"It was probably a guy "

It was a guy ....

over a year ago

"Did he understand what a FWB is? I may have grossly misunderstood its meaning if it means the lady has made me a commitment to be monogamous, apart from the fact that logging in here doesn’t mean you’re ‘searching’ for anyone.

Just saying.

If he wasn’t sure about the meaning of a FWB, my profile is quite clear about what I am looking for. I personally think that ‘he’ was looking for something else and more regardless of what I had stated I wanted and he, at some point, realised that. Appreciate your point of view x"

Absolutely, you’re very clear about what you’re looking for. I meant that perhaps he hadn’t quite bargained on liking you as much as he did and decided to back off to avoid an emotional mess of his own making.

I really don’t know what I’m talking about, having no experience of any of this. I have come to realise that I probably couldn’t have a FWB relationship. Perhaps he was the same. It may not necessarily have been a horrid thing for him to have disappeared.

over a year ago

He just changed his mind....move on

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"He just changed his mind....move on"

Much as I hate to say this, I get the feeling that this statement above would be exactly what was posted if it had been a man making the initial post about a woman suddenly going off on a rant and then AWOL

over a year ago

"He just changed his mind....move on

Much as I hate to say this, I get the feeling that this statement above would be exactly what was posted if it had been a man making the initial post about a woman suddenly going off on a rant and then AWOL "

Thats why I said it

over a year ago

"It was probably a guy

It was a guy .... "

I thought so

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Much as I hate to say this, I get the feeling that this statement above would be exactly what was posted if it had been a man making the initial post about a woman suddenly going off on a rant and then AWOL

Thats why I said it"

Fair enough. Point taken

By *ilks xXx OP   Woman
over a year ago

East Mids

Thats why I said it

Fair enough. Point taken "

Yes I take that point .... I’ve moved on, no issue .....

Post new Message to Thread