Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Agreeable vs attractive

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do we pick object of interest based on their attractiveness mainly (physical, emotional, intellectual) or perhaps being agreeable to what our fantasies are might make us overlook someone's flaws?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Both, the physical things draw you, finding somone attractive or funny or intellectually compatable but that would soon ware thin of you both wanted different things and held different fantasies

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I never pick people that like me or agree with me. Because people that do both those things a) are a poor judge of character and b) are as silly as me. I always fall for my opposite in every way. It’s why I like an angry wank

over a year ago

"I never pick people that like me or agree with me. Because people that do both those things a) are a poor judge of character and b) are as silly as me. I always fall for my opposite in every way. It’s why I like an angry wank "

better than "hate fuck", no?

over a year ago

"Both, the physical things draw you, finding somone attractive or funny or intellectually compatable but that would soon ware thin of you both wanted different things and held different fantasies"

I don't know if I explained my thoughts well..

It's not about having different fantasies. It's about seeking out people to tick off fantasies.

over a year ago

I dont know i think its purely if theres magic in the air

over a year ago

"I dont know i think its purely if theres magic in the air"

What if it goes POOF

over a year ago

I think I'm probably at the point of knowing I'm looking for too much, however not wanting to compromise.

I've overlooked things in the past. I've gone for agreeable. I've gone for attractive. Now I want the whole lot.

I know though that I'm in no position to judge people as quickly as I do. I'm no super model for sure. However I'm unable to get past my wish list, so I'll keep looking!

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

"I never pick people that like me or agree with me. Because people that do both those things a) are a poor judge of character and b) are as silly as me. I always fall for my opposite in every way. It’s why I like an angry wank

better than "hate fuck", no? "

I only have an angry wank if I can’t have a hatefuck. In my partners I like combative, conflicting opinions, I like to see that I am wrong in their eyes and that they flame to put me right. The sound of exasperation is a melody to me

over a year ago

"I dont know i think its purely if theres magic in the air

What if it goes POOF "

then its rabbit for tea

over a year ago

I'd find it hard to separate the two. An attraction based on their qualities is definitely the starting point but I think we can then project our fantasies onto the object of attraction which can distort our judgement. A little enchantment is natural in the early days of a attraction but in the long term its the disenchanted who see things most clearly.

over a year ago

"I think I'm probably at the point of knowing I'm looking for too much, however not wanting to compromise.

I've overlooked things in the past. I've gone for agreeable. I've gone for attractive. Now I want the whole lot.

I know though that I'm in no position to judge people as quickly as I do. I'm no super model for sure. However I'm unable to get past my wish list, so I'll keep looking! "

I wish I could be demanding.. x

over a year ago

"I think I'm probably at the point of knowing I'm looking for too much, however not wanting to compromise.

I know though that I'm in no position to judge people as quickly as I do. I'm no super model for sure. However I'm unable to get past my wish list, so I'll keep looking!

I wish I could be demanding.. x"

The thing is I know I can't... I'm getting no where.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

All depends really...a physical attraction like a guy with the perfect body but no personality doesn't work for me, but then a physical attraction doesn't always mean a guy with that perfect toned body...personality and chemistry always shine through and matter the most to me!!

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

“Run from what’s comfortable

Forget safety. Live where you fear to live

Destroy your reputation

Be notorious”

Rumi

over a year ago

I wish I could be demanding.. x

The thing is I know I can't... I'm getting no where. "

I'm laughing at myself. Not you x

over a year ago

"I never pick people that like me or agree with me. Because people that do both those things a) are a poor judge of character and b) are as silly as me. I always fall for my opposite in every way. It’s why I like an angry wank

better than "hate fuck", no?

I only have an angry wank if I can’t have a hatefuck. In my partners I like combative, conflicting opinions, I like to see that I am wrong in their eyes and that they flame to put me right. The sound of exasperation is a melody to me "

Oh you need a Pygmalion!

over a year ago

"Both, the physical things draw you, finding somone attractive or funny or intellectually compatable but that would soon ware thin of you both wanted different things and held different fantasies

It's not about having different fantasies. It's about seeking out people to tick off fantasies. "

It's more about the attractiveness for me than ticking off a fantasy. At this moment in time I have done at least once just about everything I know I want to try.

Even if someone came along and said they would do x,y,z with me if there was no 'spark' then it wouldn't happen.

over a year ago

What if it goes POOF then its rabbit for tea "

Better than cat.

over a year ago

"All depends really...a physical attraction like a guy with the perfect body but no personality doesn't work for me, but then a physical attraction doesn't always mean a guy with that perfect toned body...personality and chemistry always shine through and matter the most to me!! "

It's good you are clear with your priorities.

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

[Removed by poster at 25/04/21 23:35:28]

over a year ago

What if it goes POOF then its rabbit for tea

Better than cat. "

i have no comeback to that

over a year ago

"“Run from what’s comfortable

Forget safety. Live where you fear to live

Destroy your reputation

Be notorious”

Rumi "

I'm full of Rupi Kaur today. This is bit too much. I want to barricade the door.

over a year ago

Better than cat. i have no comeback to that "

over a year ago

Better than cat. i have no comeback to that

"

over a year ago

"I'd find it hard to separate the two. An attraction based on their qualities is definitely the starting point but I think we can then project our fantasies onto the object of attraction which can distort our judgement. A little enchantment is natural in the early days of a attraction but in the long term its the disenchanted who see things most clearly. "

You will need to break it down for me a little tonight! Lost you a little. X

over a year ago

"Both, the physical things draw you, finding somone attractive or funny or intellectually compatable but that would soon ware thin of you both wanted different things and held different fantasies

It's not about having different fantasies. It's about seeking out people to tick off fantasies.

It's more about the attractiveness for me than ticking off a fantasy. At this moment in time I have done at least once just about everything I know I want to try.

Even if someone came along and said they would do x,y,z with me if there was no 'spark' then it wouldn't happen."

I think that's honest.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Any fool can fuck themselves. Fucking someone else is an art....

over a year ago

"Any fool can fuck themselves. Fucking someone else is an art...."

Treasure hunt.

over a year ago

"I'd find it hard to separate the two. An attraction based on their qualities is definitely the starting point but I think we can then project our fantasies onto the object of attraction which can distort our judgement. A little enchantment is natural in the early days of a attraction but in the long term its the disenchanted who see things most clearly.

You will need to break it down for me a little tonight! Lost you a little. X"

No, I lost myself OP and misunderstood your question ! To answer what you were actually asking, for myself I've never had a shopping list of fantasies. They only follow from an attraction to an individual. Even if someone was agreeable to an abstract fantasy I wouldn't have much interest in pursuing that without an attraction to their qualities.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes I did this, we agreed to keep it as a one off fantasy meet, we had a wonderful time and left it on a positive

over a year ago

Do we pick object of interest based on their attractiveness mainly (physical, emotional, intellectual) or perhaps being agreeable to what our fantasies are might make us overlook someone's flaws?

I’m drawn to her by the former, which becomes the latter as our intimacy grows. It’s adapting to her and not expecting an impossible perfection.

over a year ago

"Do we pick object of interest based on their attractiveness mainly (physical, emotional, intellectual) or perhaps being agreeable to what our fantasies are might make us overlook someone's flaws?

I’m drawn to her by the former, which becomes the latter as our intimacy grows. It’s adapting to her and not expecting an impossible perfection."

It's nice to wake up reading something like this!

over a year ago

Not that shallow for physical, I am not really an emotional person, I have friends and family if I want an intellectual conversation. So yes I prefer an interest in mutual fantasies attraction at least I won’t be disappointed.

Also I am not looking for a life partner on here so the first ones are pointless....

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

don’t think I’ve ever gone for somebody because they’ve ticked off a fantasy. I don't think it’s even crossed my mind to, too busy just trying to find those compatible everyday qualities rather than dwell on if they’d enjoy covering me in marmite and licking it off.

over a year ago

"don’t think I’ve ever gone for somebody because they’ve ticked off a fantasy. I don't think it’s even crossed my mind to, too busy just trying to find those compatible everyday qualities rather than dwell on if they’d enjoy covering me in marmite and licking it off.

"

Right I'm off.

over a year ago

"I'd find it hard to separate the two. An attraction based on their qualities is definitely the starting point but I think we can then project our fantasies onto the object of attraction which can distort our judgement. A little enchantment is natural in the early days of a attraction but in the long term its the disenchanted who see things most clearly.

You will need to break it down for me a little tonight! Lost you a little. X

No, I lost myself OP and misunderstood your question ! To answer what you were actually asking, for myself I've never had a shopping list of fantasies. They only follow from an attraction to an individual. Even if someone was agreeable to an abstract fantasy I wouldn't have much interest in pursuing that without an attraction to their qualities."

There is a glimmer of hope eh

I guess they might not agree to any fantasies if they don't feel attractive in your eyes either.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We have some fantasies that involve a certain type of person so will be specifically looking for that type.

But generally we are looking for people we connect with, we find attractive and we know will be the right fit for us.

K

over a year ago

"We have some fantasies that involve a certain type of person so will be specifically looking for that type.

But generally we are looking for people we connect with, we find attractive and we know will be the right fit for us.

K"

When you say certain type of person? Is it what they look like or what they are able to give?

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Ticking off my fucket list is never a reason that i would use to choose a lover. I would rather great vanilla any day.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"We have some fantasies that involve a certain type of person so will be specifically looking for that type.

K"

This

Seeing them for the first time and they just fit right into your fantasy Imaginings is a special moment

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Attractive

the rest could fall within my imagination

over a year ago

Depends a bit on what I'm looking for or what we're planning on doing. If it's just a meet and fuck then as long as they're polite, respectful, and able to hold a conversation then I'll just go for looks tbh. If it's a regular or FWB type thing then it's the other way around, I need to be compatible with them first, but also still be attracted.

I know this sounds shallow but I'm on here for just sex mainly as I have a husband I'm very compatible with. Although we don't share absolutely all sexual interests. So I'm mainly looking for hot guys, guys that have sexual interests I have but my husband doesn't, and play with multiple people. Mostly stuff I can't get at home really. Xx

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

K

When you say certain type of person? Is it what they look like or what they are able to give? "

Not what they look like as such or what they are able to give...cant really say as we’ll get the fantasists sending us messages then...

Message sent

K

over a year ago

I no longer have a tick list

I filled my boots when I fist joined sites like this one

Now I'm not looking for anything specific - but as a single I still need a sex life.

over a year ago

Oh and I guess to answer the OP them a bit of both is always nice

An attractive agreeable person - If I find one I'll keep them

By *eldomVanillaMan
over a year ago

London

Personal opinion and experiance but I have tried meeting for ticking that box etc. They was actually an attractive person but there was no spark no connection and alas nothing come of it.

I think for any encounter personally I need to be able to get on and have a laugh with someone so everything is just a bit more relaxed

Post new Message to Thread