Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dominican Republic advice

Jump to newest

By *exyassfun OP   Couple
over a year ago

Newcastle

Hi all, booked to go to DR in September and wondered if anyone could advise of day passes/ parties/ cruises etc or nudist beaches similar to hedonism Jamaica.

Cheers xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

Only places I could recommend are Dolphin Discovery Punta Cana and Saona Island

Don't go out of your complex unless it's on a tour its definitely not safe although it is a beautiful place

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Don't go out of your complex unless it's on a tour its definitely not safe although it is a beautiful place "

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with the above, we've been going to the DR for many years.

Not to Punta Cana though, we are unable to go for some years as there are no flights from the UK into our desired airport.

It is important to keep your wits about you, wear little or no jewellery, keep things like your phone or camera out of site if possible, use the room safe for keeping your valuables in.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

The nearest I can come is recommending Michel Camilo who is an awesome pianist from the Dominican Republic.

By *nlyfun3Woman
over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

I stayed in puato plata great resort. Some locals politely sell their wares on the beach but very civilised compared to some countries. Did scuba in sosùa bay. Beautiful water and nice market there

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I stayed in puato plata great resort. Some locals politely sell their wares on the beach but very civilised compared to some countries. Did scuba in sosùa bay. Beautiful water and nice market there"

But you can't fly into Puerto Plata from the UK, so it's got to be Punta Cana, which is a purpose built AI resort, rather than the real DR.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Only places I could recommend are Dolphin Discovery Punta Cana and Saona Island

Don't go out of your complex unless it's on a tour its definitely not safe although it is a beautiful place "

Exactly this..

Stick to your complex

By *eamondeauxMan
over a year ago

ny nj

You can find some fun in Sosua, but just be careful as some other posters have noted.

Post new Message to Thread