Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It seems

Jump to newest

By *parkle1974 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

The forums are becoming more of a popularity thing for certain posters apparently with others being ignored......

Come on ladies and gents, we are all supposed to be adults...play nicely

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

If I got butt hurt everytime I was passed over on a thread I'd never post again, it's all supposed to be fun, I don't let it get to me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

"If I got butt hurt everytime I was passed over on a thread I'd never post again, it's all supposed to be fun, I don't let it get to me "

I'm the same...I just post nonsense anyway

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"If I got butt hurt everytime I was passed over on a thread I'd never post again, it's all supposed to be fun, I don't let it get to me "

Yep. I've not been replied to on the OP's threads a few times, I just about manage to keep the tears in and carry on posting.

(Sorry, one slipped out)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Without hurting your feelings Op, your popular, not in the shadows or wings as you claim, so the point of you starting thread is exactly what... gets my little over active mind ticking

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont know about it being a popularity contest but there are quite a few groups of people that are very friendly with each other (that's a nice thing) but as a casual poster, I do find "joining in" a little apprehensive sometimes

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I never ignore I might miss some one genuinely try to include all even the cat x

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I dont know about it being a popularity contest but there are quite a few groups of people that are very friendly with each other (that's a nice thing) but as a casual poster, I do find "joining in" a little apprehensive sometimes "

I mingle in

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think this is new?

I would swap popular for recognisable. It's easier to engage if you know someone sense of humour perhaps.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

"Without hurting your feelings Op, your popular, not in the shadows or wings as you claim, so the point of you starting thread is exactly what... gets my little over active mind ticking "

I'm quite happy taking a back seat, I started this because of the comments coming out on the other thread and I just thought there was no need for them x

Reply privately

over a year ago

How do you become popular lol

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

It's always been this way.

It's no big deal.

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"How do you become popular lol"

Show your bum hole

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Without hurting your feelings Op, your popular, not in the shadows or wings as you claim, so the point of you starting thread is exactly what... gets my little over active mind ticking

I'm quite happy taking a back seat, I started this because of the comments coming out on the other thread and I just thought there was no need for them x"

How often do you take a back seat??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

"How do you become popular lol"

Don't know...ask one of the others lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How do you become popular lol

Show your bum hole "

You silly arse

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

"Without hurting your feelings Op, your popular, not in the shadows or wings as you claim, so the point of you starting thread is exactly what... gets my little over active mind ticking

I'm quite happy taking a back seat, I started this because of the comments coming out on the other thread and I just thought there was no need for them x

How often do you take a back seat?? "

Ermmmm depends who's on it with me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How do you become popular lol

Show your bum hole "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm quite happy taking a back seat, I started this because of the comments coming out on the other thread and I just thought there was no need for them x"

Its a public forum anybody can post what they like on any thread they like, if that's how they felt ,then they have every right to speak there mind

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll post a comment or a thread if I think of something. Even if someone doesn't I've found it still gets noticed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How often do you take a back seat??

Ermmmm depends who's on it with me "

Touche I'll give you that one

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

What other thread?

Reply privately

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

I'm simply an echoe of my own thoughts that nobody can hear over my screams of desire and want.

If only someone would sit and listen to my words and find that, not only are they a shadow of my true feelings but, the echoes would fade after the words where caught within the heart of a chamber that, eases my soul and sooths the warmth and glow of flame that burns below.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

Its a public forum anybody can post what they like on any thread they like, if that's how they felt ,then they have every right to speak there mind "

I know but to complain they are being overlooked is a bit dramatic...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its a public forum anybody can post what they like on any thread they like, if that's how they felt ,then they have every right to speak there mind

I know but to complain they are being overlooked is a bit dramatic..."

Dramatic or not Sparkle it's how they felt, your taking that away from them, minimising their feelings

Reply privately

over a year ago

The forums have always been this way. It's natural. Why would people who are used to talking to each other ignore each other? It doesn't make sense.

I say that as an outsider.

If I stick around for a few months people might actually notice my contributions.

It's hard to flirt with strangers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's just how they felt at the time I guess! I don't think pointing it out in a separate thread was entirely needed or will help the way they feel. But that's just my opinion, don't come for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The forums are becoming more of a popularity thing for certain posters apparently with others being ignored......

Come on ladies and gents, we are all supposed to be adults...play nicely "

If I don't get acknowledged then that's fine. I've done plenty of the threads where I get nothing back and then I have a good night where ill get a few replies. It's nice when you do but if you don't, it isn't going to ruin my evening.

The forums are just that, forums. They don't know me, I don't know them and I try not to take it personally.

The only ones who really know me are my friends and family. If they ignored me, I'd be mortified. Forums, not so much xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

I've just noticed it's becoming a much more regular occurrence.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The forums are becoming more of a popularity thing for certain posters apparently with others being ignored......

Sit on my face and I'll think about it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've just noticed it's becoming a much more regular occurrence."

From people who try to join in, but are really left in the wings, as let's have it right people are, ignored and passed over, that cannot be denied

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"The forums have always been this way. It's natural. Why would people who are used to talking to each other ignore each other? It doesn't make sense.

I say that as an outsider.

If I stick around for a few months people might actually notice my contributions.

It's hard to flirt with strangers. "

Reply privately

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Perhaps it is not being ignored on the forums as a whole but, if there is someone that the poster likes and that person is ignoring them. They may feel hurt. To just brush it of as, this is just a sex site or it's just a laugh and not take thigs serious, people have feelings no matter how trivial they might seem to other people.

Reply privately

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It happens, not a lot you can do about it, you either join in or you dont.

I get missed most of the time, doesn't stop me taking part, got to be in it to win it as they say. Yes, sometime it does feel like you are invisible, so what, it isnt life or death

As a relatively new forum poster I don't expect to known by the longer standing forumites, but I am get there.

I dont moan about not getting any messages, if I get some, I get some, if I don't, guess what, I jump out and move on

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Forums for me should be a place for fun and light hearted flirtation...a little escapism. I’ve only started using them on this profile and I have found them both inclusive and a good way to connect with people I perhaps wouldn’t have.

Sure there are people who post regularly or instigate threads I would call these people recognisable rather than popular, the familiarity of the person or the thread topic may make you feel more comfortable to join in. There’s thousands of us on here and no one will ever tick everyone’s checklist if I’m bypassed on a thread I simply think that person didn’t have anything to respond with or perhaps was more enticed by someone else’s response, I don’t feel part of a competition I’m just me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

"I've just noticed it's becoming a much more regular occurrence.

From people who try to join in, but are really left in the wings, as let's have it right people are, ignored and passed over, that cannot be denied "

I'm not denying the fact that it happens because I know it does.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I tend not to join in on the popular threads...im happy on the other threads of which I'm happy to get 10 replies....some people like the who is best threads and some dont....swings and roundabouts

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you crave attention. The forums aren’t for you. Simple.

Posts are overlooked, people are overlooked, it happens and especially with the rate some threads generate responses.

Just join in or lurk. If you don’t get a response, oh well try again next time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

Sit on my face and I'll think about it! "

Be right there x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyways peeps it's been emotional let's do it again soon

Reply privately

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Face it. Sometimes people do get over looked or drowned out. It happens. No one does it on purpose. I wouldn't say there are clicks here I think it's more a case of some people are louder and on a thread there can be so many conversations going on at once it can just be harder to be heard. Also tjere a few k know always reply to every person who comments, but I'm never bothered if they don't. Probably the 1thing that puts me off starting my own thread, having to reply to everyone lol But the great thing with threads is you could start your own...about anything you want to..so there is that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

I also try not to respond to every comment that is made on a thread I post as I do like to read others responses.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I've just noticed it's becoming a much more regular occurrence."

There are more comments about it, definitely.

I’m a bit torn about whether I feel bad for them or whether they’re a bit butt hurt.

To be honest, it’s easy to feel overlooked. I post a fair amount but of my comments, I’ll get reposted maybe a couple of times a day. Is that overlooked?

Even in my flirting ooft threads I tend not to get messages.

Ultimately it’s no ones job to talk and reply to every poster, some will endeavour to respond to most but no one is owed a reply just because they post their opinion or an ooft because they have pictures.

People generally reply based on the merit of your input, if it has no merit, they don’t reply. Is that others fault?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What’s occurring

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

"What’s occurring "

Oi oi

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What’s occurring

Oi oi "

Oi oi apple pie

Reply privately

over a year ago

It cant always be helped.

Humans form friendship and are more likely to react to friends.

As long as it isnt to gang up on someone, I see no harm in people just responding to people they like.

I also dont get butthurt if I dont get any replies, just move onto another thread

Reply privately

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Face it. Sometimes people do get over looked or drowned out. It happens. No one does it on purpose. I wouldn't say there are clicks here I think it's more a case of some people are louder and on a thread there can be so many conversations going on at once it can just be harder to be heard. Also tjere a few k know always reply to every person who comments, but I'm never bothered if they don't. Probably the 1thing that puts me off starting my own thread, having to reply to everyone lol But the great thing with threads is you could start your own...about anything you want to..so there is that "

I did this today, started a thread, and bowed straight out and let everyone one else just bash away at it

Reply privately

over a year ago

This shouldn't be a blame game but certain females get alot more attention on the threads then others and so sometimes it can appear to knock or keep others in the wings....but thats not the popular females fault...me and the other good lookers do naturally attract people in the forums.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

Face it. Sometimes people do get over looked or drowned out. It happens. No one does it on purpose. I wouldn't say there are clicks here I think it's more a case of some people are louder and on a thread there can be so many conversations going on at once it can just be harder to be heard. Also tjere a few k know always reply to every person who comments, but I'm never bothered if they don't. Probably the 1thing that puts me off starting my own thread, having to reply to everyone lol But the great thing with threads is you could start your own...about anything you want to..so there is that I did this today, started a thread, and bowed straight out and let everyone one else just bash away at it"

Sometimes I feel like the OP can take over the whole thread....I like different opinions so will just let it flow

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not when it is a recurrent theme from age old. It has been said hot years yet nothing changes.

Maybe we all need to reflect a little on what we can do to make people's contribution to the fora values and validated. Kindness costs nothing after all

Reply privately

over a year ago

The sulking in that thread was off the hook.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

The sulking in that thread was off the hook. "

It was, wasn't it

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was, wasn't it"

Said by 2 popular forum users, who are included in many many threads

Reply privately

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Face it. Sometimes people do get over looked or drowned out. It happens. No one does it on purpose. I wouldn't say there are clicks here I think it's more a case of some people are louder and on a thread there can be so many conversations going on at once it can just be harder to be heard. Also tjere a few k know always reply to every person who comments, but I'm never bothered if they don't. Probably the 1thing that puts me off starting my own thread, having to reply to everyone lol But the great thing with threads is you could start your own...about anything you want to..so there is that I did this today, started a thread, and bowed straight out and let everyone one else just bash away at it

Sometimes I feel like the OP can take over the whole thread....I like different opinions so will just let it flow "

Thats it. Get a conversation going, not just a Q&A session with the op.

Reply privately

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

It was, wasn't it"

Perhaps whomever you are refering to that was upset could look at this post a now feel bullied. Perhaps they had a bad day or someother issue and now they could feel even worse.

My eyes have been opened tonight.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

It was, wasn't it

Said by 2 popular forum users, who are included in many many threads"

I include myself in threads. I'll have a laugh with anyone but if I'm overlooked then so be it, it's not the be all and end all of things.

Reply privately

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

At the end of the day you can't please everyone.

Truthfully I have made contact with a couple of people who have expressed their interest in meeting after restrictions are lifted, that would probably not have happened if it wasn't for the forums.

Thre are also a couple of ladies who I would love to get to know better, one knows, I think! I think I have made it obvious, whether anything comes from it, I will just have to wait and see (OP)

Reply privately

over a year ago

The problem is, some only seem to pop up in certain threads and target certain forum users. Which regular posters do notice.

Get involved with the more serious threads, the less sexual threads and familiarise yourself with others.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was, wasn't it

Perhaps whomever you are refering to that was upset could look at this post a now feel bullied. Perhaps they had a bad day or someother issue and now they could feel even worse.

My eyes have been opened tonight."

To the levels of some ppls thought for others and their ability to show a fellow human being a modicum of love and compassion

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

This isn't pleasant to be talking about another user like this while saying "play nicely"

If you want to talk about another user please don't do it on the forum

Reply privately