Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Insecurities becoming fashionable

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Isn't it weird how we go through cycles of what body parts/imperfections become fashionable?

When I was growing up I was made to feel super insecure about my big lips and thick hair. The women in my family would advise me to "stay away from lip gloss" and only wear matte lip products that would make them look smaller. I also remember begging my hairdresser to thin my hair out to beyond what she thought was acceptable. When she refused I went out and bought my own thinning shears because I was so self conscious about my thick, poofy hair.

Fast forward 10/15 years and those things are now what women aspire to! Lip fillers, extensions etc. The latest one I've seen is "fake tan lip contouring", which makes the edges of your lips appear darker. And there was me feeling so insecure about my hyperpigmentation on my lips which naturally does that. My family was starting to make comments about it so I guess I can show them that people are doing this on purpose now

Other examples include big bums, boobs, thick thighs etc which were looked down upon merely 10 years ago when everyone was trying to be as skinny as possible.

So moral of the story: celebrate your imperfections. You're not imperfect, you're just ahead of the curve

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've thick lips and been paranoid about it for years. At times I've been asked if Mick Jagger wanted his lips back.

Now I don't care.

over a year ago

I’ve always hated my big bum and hips; it seems to be what gets people’s attention now.....go figure.

over a year ago

"I've thick lips and been paranoid about it for years. At times I've been asked if Mick Jagger wanted his lips back.

Now I don't care. "

People love big lips these days - and so do I

over a year ago

"I’ve always hated my big bum and hips; it seems to be what gets people’s attention now.....go figure. "

Take advantage of the fact!

over a year ago

"I've thick lips and been paranoid about it for years. At times I've been asked if Mick Jagger wanted his lips back.

Now I don't care.

People love big lips these days - and so do I "

Thank you, that has perked me up

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Natural big lips are lovely but not a fan of the fake duck lips look.

over a year ago

Can't wait for having a small cock becomes fashionable I am ahead of time

over a year ago

"Can't wait for having a small cock becomes fashionable I am ahead of time "
just like garlic bread its the future

over a year ago

"Can't wait for having a small cock becomes fashionable I am ahead of time just like garlic bread its the future "

Amen !

over a year ago

"Can't wait for having a small cock becomes fashionable I am ahead of time just like garlic bread its the future

Amen ! "

sorry amen died 2021 years ago poor guy

over a year ago

"Can't wait for having a small cock becomes fashionable I am ahead of time "

One day...

over a year ago

sounds like the women in your family have done you a disservice

i similarly have big lips and a naturally darker lip line which made me self conscious when i was young and in still nervous to experiment with bold lip makeup , opting for a subtle balm mostly

but the women in my family were always telling me even 25 years ago that i had lips that people pay for - i just couldn’t appreciate it

i think when we are not confident its easy to dislike even our most beautiful features because its something that draws attention when we want to fade into the background (100% myself included in this)

but yes i do agree that body parts/ sizes/ styles cycle in fashion ... lets just all hope the low rise jean washboard stomach of the 90s misses its stop

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"sounds like the women in your family have done you a disservice

i similarly have big lips and a naturally darker lip line which made me self conscious when i was young and in still nervous to experiment with bold lip makeup , opting for a subtle balm mostly

but the women in my family were always telling me even 25 years ago that i had lips that people pay for - i just couldn’t appreciate it

i think when we are not confident its easy to dislike even our most beautiful features because its something that draws attention when we want to fade into the background (100% myself included in this)

but yes i do agree that body parts/ sizes/ styles cycle in fashion ... lets just all hope the low rise jean washboard stomach of the 90s misses its stop "

By *AABMan
over a year ago

Not far

There is a cure; delete Facebook, Twitter, and take the view that so called influencers should get in the sea.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Hopefully we are getting better as a population at body acceptance. Be that hair, face, body shape, skin colour and so on and so forth.

I know I'm doing my best to not let my body insecurities pass onwards to the next generation.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I always got teased about my button nose... But then there were people paying good money for plastic surgery to get the same look.

I have full lips, big bum, thick thighs, definitely ahead of my time!

By *evonshireboyMan
over a year ago

North Devon

Great! Someone let me know when a few extra cm around the middle becomes trendy

over a year ago

"Isn't it weird how we go through cycles of what body parts/imperfections become fashionable?

When I was growing up I was made to feel super insecure about my big lips and thick hair. The women in my family would advise me to "stay away from lip gloss" and only wear matte lip products that would make them look smaller. I also remember begging my hairdresser to thin my hair out to beyond what she thought was acceptable. When she refused I went out and bought my own thinning shears because I was so self conscious about my thick, poofy hair.

Fast forward 10/15 years and those things are now what women aspire to! Lip fillers, extensions etc. The latest one I've seen is "fake tan lip contouring", which makes the edges of your lips appear darker. And there was me feeling so insecure about my hyperpigmentation on my lips which naturally does that. My family was starting to make comments about it so I guess I can show them that people are doing this on purpose now

Other examples include big bums, boobs, thick thighs etc which were looked down upon merely 10 years ago when everyone was trying to be as skinny as possible.

So moral of the story: celebrate your imperfections. You're not imperfect, you're just ahead of the curve "

What a lovely post and one can totally relate to. I was mercilessly teased in school about my full lips as well.

over a year ago

Was super insecure about my big lips and hated them, wanted them thin.

What was I even thinking??? Haha

Post new Message to Thread