Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reflective Mood

Jump to newest

By *gent Coulson OP   Man
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Having to isolate has given me a lot of time to think which isn't a good thing.

This last 12 months has been the hardest I have had to deal with in 30 years, my job went south last week, fighting mental health issues, personal health issues and the breakdown of my relationship with the woman that I totally adored and pushed away.

I have pushed away my friend because I couldn't face them because I felt like a failure.

Last weekend, I remembered something that really brought everything home to me what I have lost or let slip through my fingers.

I don't think I have actually felt this alone, lost and lonely. I have the chance to start a new chapter in my life, and it scares the fuck out of me having to start all over again

I'm not chasing sympathy I just needed somewhere to get this out somewhere where I wont be judged

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Chin up. It get's easier.

over a year ago

I've been whete you've been op, giving up a relationship of sorts, grieving that and starting again, change is scary and fearful, I've learnt that it's gets better, it's all swings and roundabouts, you git this ride the lows and surf the highs

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hear you. I wish you strength.

By *lueeyedblonde78Woman
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Sometimes the hardest thing is letting that all out and acknowledging it.

I wish you every strength in the next chapter in your life journey.

over a year ago

Very brave post.

A new start can be scary but also empowering. This is your chance to make a new start and you decide what you want to do. X

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Having to isolate has given me a lot of time to think which isn't a good thing.

This last 12 months has been the hardest I have had to deal with in 30 years, my job went south last week, fighting mental health issues, personal health issues and the breakdown of my relationship with the woman that I totally adored and pushed away.

I have pushed away my friend because I couldn't face them because I felt like a failure.

Last weekend, I remembered something that really brought everything home to me what I have lost or let slip through my fingers.

I don't think I have actually felt this alone, lost and lonely. I have the chance to start a new chapter in my life, and it scares the fuck out of me having to start all over again

I'm not chasing sympathy I just needed somewhere to get this out somewhere where I wont be judged"

To be honest, that's remarkably similar to the position I'm in. Relationship wise, certainly.

You're not alone, believe me, although I know from personal experience that it doesn't make it any easier to deal with....

Happy to chat if you want

over a year ago

Really sorry to hear this.

It definitely helps to share what you are feeling and going through.

Hope things get better soon

Midnight xx

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Well done OP.

The hardest thing in anything is acknowledging the problems. Just sometimes in life we have to start all over again. I would say treat it as a good re-beginning.

And if life was easy I think we would all be really bored

over a year ago

Hi OP

Within days of you going through this my world as a parent and protector crumbled when I was told some life changing news.

I am reflecting and processing this information myself and have a scary and unfamiliar journey ahead and I have immediately sought professional support to enable me to be strong for myself and for those who need my strength.

I will get my family through this and we will recover.

OP take each day as it comes, complete an action on your to do list, do something positive for yourself and keep talking, whether its here or to friends, family or professional help. Slowly but surely you get there.

We care

NBVN x

By *irty desireWoman
over a year ago

newcatle

The peace I have now is worth more than I lost.

Now you have opened up these words will come to you easier each day!

Good luck op

By *-man24Man
over a year ago

northwest

"Having to isolate has given me a lot of time to think which isn't a good thing.

I'm not chasing sympathy I just needed somewhere to get this out somewhere where I wont be judged"

What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger

But if it gets to much please don’t be afraid to tell someone and get help and all the best dude I hope no I know you will stand taller and stronger in time take care man

By *-man24Man
over a year ago

northwest

Agents of shield is here for you dude

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Morning OP

Hope you're feeling a bit better today, but my offer of chatting is a genuine one.

I can't PM you, but I'll drop my filters for a few hours so that you can send me one (if you want to, of course)

over a year ago

"Hi OP

Within days of you going through this my world as a parent and protector crumbled when I was told some life changing news.

I am reflecting and processing this information myself and have a scary and unfamiliar journey ahead and I have immediately sought professional support to enable me to be strong for myself and for those who need my strength.

OP take each day as it comes, complete an action on your to do list, do something positive for yourself and keep talking, whether its here or to friends, family or professional help. Slowly but surely you get there.

We care

NBVN x "

Hugs x

over a year ago

Hugs x. Just take a deep breath and go with the flow until you feel strong enough to start planning. I have jumped off the diving board into the deep end several times in my life and these moments always happen for a reason.

over a year ago

I regularly chat with people on twitch. These chats mostly for the last year and bit have been everything to do with covid and lockdowns etc because it has been the main topic which had dominated all of us.

I've seen people break down when talking about loss of loved ones, jobs, homes, the strain on relationships because of travel restrictions and the feeling of loneliness.

I sit there listening and it has been heartbreaking to hear how some people like yourself have lost everything and feel life has nothing to offer.

Sometimes having someone to talk to helps and the thing that hits home is that someone could be telling their story and many in the chatroom will say they are going through the same thing.

That helps because they can see they are not alone everyone is in this together sharing these horrible times.

One of my friends his relationship ended, she wouldn't let him see the kids and the following month his work made him redundant.

He took his own life, only 35 he had reached breaking point. Now them kids do not have a father to grow up with.

This is happening all over this country it is very important to talk to each other and if busy still text or check in on someone to make sure they are okay.

Things are slowly improving.im seeing this as buildings around me are being demolished and new warehousing creating jobs is going up so some small hope is around the corner.

Each day you take it on. No half measures, get up do not stay in bed feeling sorry for yourself. Life must move on and if you fall always fall forward.

Apply for jobs you normally would not consider because this gets you out into the world working and meeting new people developing new relationships.

Look at it as a jump start, once your fired up and ticking over your engine is running.

Take care good luck.

over a year ago

"Hi OP

We care

NBVN x

Hugs x "

Thank you my lovely

NBVN x

over a year ago

New is exhilarating. New is scary but nobody achieved anything without facing their fears. And guess what only stupid people never doubt themselves. You will be fine. Just take a first step. Don't need to get everything right all at once. Don't need to flip a switch and get back to life at full speed.

over a year ago

I hear you my friend. It's been a shit year. I will pm you my number. You don't know me, it's unlikely we will ever meet but I have a very good phone manner and would be happy to answer your call. M X

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

There are many many nonjudgemental professional services out there for help right now and some are 24hrs a day, even if you only use it once, the first step needs to happen to start you on your recovery journey

Post new Message to Thread