Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is anyone else feeling exhausted?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don’t know what it is but over the past few weeks I’ve felt absolutely drained. No enjoyment in work. Actively avoiding cooking and cleaning. Feeling properly grumpy and in the doldrums. I’ve suffered with depression in the past and thought it might be that but a few friends on SM have also said they feel like this at the moment. Apparently there’s a thought that as we’re opening back up, people are feeling exhausted after having a year of basically doing bugger all!

I’m wondering if anyone here is feeling it and if so, what are you doing to try and buck up? I’m tired of being tired and annoyed at myself for being such a grumpy twat for no reason!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Sadly yes, lack of job, medical issues and relationship issues have paid its toll this year

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Op. It’s ok to be grumpy, tired or whatever.

I’m tired and grumpy and fed up too. We still don’t know what will happen, as things are very uncertain, hopefully it will all go ahead as planned, but we don’t know that yet.

It’s been a very long year of anxiety/upheaval of our lives etc. We’ve missed out on a lot. Be gentle with yourself

over a year ago

A year of all work and no play grinds you down eventually.

over a year ago

Could just be the recharge from the sun, member been in lockdown for a year.

over a year ago

"I don’t know what it is but over the past few weeks I’ve felt absolutely drained. No enjoyment in work. Actively avoiding cooking and cleaning. Feeling properly grumpy and in the doldrums. I’ve suffered with depression in the past and thought it might be that but a few friends on SM have also said they feel like this at the moment. Apparently there’s a thought that as we’re opening back up, people are feeling exhausted after having a year of basically doing bugger all!

I’m wondering if anyone here is feeling it and if so, what are you doing to try and buck up? I’m tired of being tired and annoyed at myself for being such a grumpy twat for no reason! "

I've had phases of this over the past year, same shit everyday, I did the washing up yesterday and the day before, having to do it again is bloody boring.

It's lockdown blues. I find I tend to be more motivated if I'm going out somewhere, or someone is coming round. But not having that in lockdown apart from my bubble has left me lacking any need or want to do stuff.

You need something to look forward to. So carve out some time to do something you like and use it as a motivation to get everything done and then immerse yourself in something that makes you happy.

over a year ago

"Op. It’s ok to be grumpy, tired or whatever.

I’m tired and grumpy and fed up too. We still don’t know what will happen, as things are very uncertain, hopefully it will all go ahead as planned, but we don’t know that yet.

It’s been a very long year of anxiety/upheaval of our lives etc. We’ve missed out on a lot. Be gentle with yourself "

over a year ago

"

I've had phases of this over the past year, same shit everyday, I did the washing up yesterday and the day before, having to do it again is bloody boring.

It's lockdown blues. I find I tend to be more motivated if I'm going out somewhere, or someone is coming round. But not having that in lockdown apart from my bubble has left me lacking any need or want to do stuff.

You need something to look forward to. So carve out some time to do something you like and use it as a motivation to get everything done and then immerse yourself in something that makes you happy. "

^^^ This ^^^

Distraction can be the thing. Go for a walk, binge watch a TV show, watch a movie, read a book, listen to a podcast. Anything you enjoy which isn't 'work'.

over a year ago

I’ve worked all the way through lockdowns and I few mega exhausted I find it hard to stay positive all the time ...... I cannot wait to get home to silence and I know that sounds backwards but that’s how I feel xxxx

over a year ago

"A year of all work and no play grinds you down eventually. "

This is really it! Just feel so caged in. When we can go to restaurants it will be a first step to feeling like there is something to do. It’s literally been working from home week days, stuck in on weekends and I just feel like work is always on my mind.

Things are getting better OP. Restrictions lifting and soon we’ll be able to go out and enjoy! I’m sure that will replenish some of your energy

By *inell1Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Yes all day every day

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Op. It’s ok to be grumpy, tired or whatever.

It’s been a very long year of anxiety/upheaval of our lives etc. We’ve missed out on a lot. Be gentle with yourself "

Absolutely

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I've got CFS so I feel like that a lot of the time.

I'd highly recommend some good supplements.

Also be kind to yourself and just rest. Self care is really important

over a year ago

It’s so good and important to know you’re not on your own as well! Thanks for the very positive and cool replies.

I feel like a part of it is actually trying to rush back into “normality” too quickly. Swimming, gym, coffee with friends and clients, back to work in the office from next week. It’s all pretty flipping overwhelming after only having Morrison’s to go to since Christmas!

To those feeling similar, thanks for sharing a s I hope you all feel better soon too. We will get there

over a year ago

"I’ve worked all the way through lockdowns and I few mega exhausted I find it hard to stay positive all the time ...... I cannot wait to get home to silence and I know that sounds backwards but that’s how I feel xxxx"

Completely agree. I’ve actually been working from home non stop since this all started. Teaching on zoom is hellish and the noise just stays with you. Now going out everything sounds so loud as well. I think I miss the silence! Haha

over a year ago

Yes I am as well. Have a day off tomorrow and already thinking of an excuse not to get out on the bike and go for a cycle somewhere

Post new Message to Thread